Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Excuse Thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Lil-lightsout
Well, we all know the excuses are going to be flying all over the place after the fight for either side. Any ideas what we are going to hear?

Pac's supporters if he loses- Hatton fought a dirty fight and held too much. Ref sucked.

Hatton supporters if he loses- Hatton should have stuck with Graham as his trainer, Floyd tried to have him box too much when he should have stuck to brawling.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 26 2009, 03:34 PM) *
Hatton should have stuck with Graham as his trainer

Oh I don't think we'll ever hear that, lol.

Pac supporters if he loses....Doesn't matter, won't happen.

Hatton supporters WHEN he loses...."There's only OOOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEE Ricky Hatton!"
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Apr 26 2009, 04:55 PM) *
Oh I don't think we'll ever hear that, lol.

Pac supporters if he loses....Doesn't matter, won't happen.

Hatton supporters WHEN he loses...."There's only OOOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEE Ricky Hatton!"

First off Big Slim,you're the man for The Shining picture..That's my favorite movie ever..No competition for that..

Second,saying Pac-man has no chance of losing is crazy..Hatton will surprise ya how close this fight might be..Pac-man may be the logical choice to pick in this fight but I have a feeling I'm going for the under dog(Hatton)..Either has a chance to win..Pac-man is going to be hit with body shots he's never been hit with before(as far as power goes)..Hatton has real good left hooks to the body..Hatton is going to have to deal with Pac-man out of the southpaw stance,which he is not good with..Is Hatton going to see speed he has never seen before??No,he's fought Floyd..Based on that,I think it'll help Hatton a lot..

Excuses for Hatton--he fought the wrong fight(whether he boxes or brawls)..Hatton will have fewer excuses than Pac-man would in my opinion..

Excuses for Pac-man--Hatton mauled him and the ref let it happen..He had an off night..
torvix2000
LOL!

Pac's excuses will be what his haters have been saying all along:

1. He won't be able to deal with Hatton's strength.
2. He won't be able to deal with Hatton's body punching.
3. He won't be able to deal with Hatton's "dirty" tactics... rough tactics.
4. He's the smaller man.
5. He gets hit easy.

But if Hatton loses, like what Roger Mayweather said, Hatton should give his equipments to him so that he can put gasoline on them and light em up coz he won't need it anymore. LOL!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Apr 26 2009, 08:41 PM) *
LOL!

Pac's excuses will be what his haters have been saying all along:

1. He won't be able to deal with Hatton's strength.
2. He won't be able to deal with Hatton's body punching.
3. He won't be able to deal with Hatton's "dirty" tactics... rough tactics.
4. He's the smaller man.
5. He gets hit easy.

But if Hatton loses, like what Roger Mayweather said, Hatton should give his equipments to him so that he can put gasoline on them and light em up coz he won't need it anymore. LOL!

In another thread some posters, I forgot who they were, said they would give Pacquiao credit for the win. So I suggest we all make it clear whose side we are on and state that we will not offer any excuses for the other guy, barring any referee fuck ups like a Joe Cortez.

I will give Hatton full credit if he beats one of the best fighters of this generation. No excuses.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 27 2009, 03:07 AM) *
I will give Hatton full credit if he beats one of the best fighters of this generation. No excuses.

If Hatton loses, it would be because of Mayweather Sr. I mean this.
torvix2000
The only excuse I'd accept from Hatton is "HE LOST BECAUSE OF MAYWEATHER!". I'd accept that.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 26 2009, 10:07 PM) *
In another thread some posters, I forgot who they were, said they would give Pacquiao credit for the win. So I suggest we all make it clear whose side we are on and state that we will not offer any excuses for the other guy, barring any referee fuck ups like a Joe Cortez.

I sure hope there is no premature stoppages, or a bad cut from a headbut.

If Pac wins fair and square, I will offer no excuses. And if Hatton wins fair and square, I sure hope people will do the same.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Apr 26 2009, 05:55 PM) *
Pac supporters when he loses....Doesn't matter, won't happen to be around afterwards.

Hatton supporters WHEN he WINS...."There's only OOOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEE Ricky Hatton!"

Fixed.
Fitz
I don't think I will make any excuses for either fighter. I expect it to be close, but I can almost guarantee that there will be far more excuses from people that picked Pacquiao than those that picked Hatton with who ever loses. If Hatton wins, the popular one will be that he is a cheat, wrestles and is dirty. Easily will be the most popular one.
KookedKrack
Pacquiao's fans are really making me root for Ricky Hatton in this fight and I like pac man but after the dlh win his fans have been taking the nut swinging a bit too far
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Apr 27 2009, 01:41 AM) *
But if Hatton loses, like what Roger Mayweather said, Hatton should give his equipments to him so that he can put gasoline on them and light em up coz he won't need it anymore.

Considering Roger's stellar wins throughout his esteemed career as a boxer perhaps he should have never laced them to begin with.

Stupid crackhead riding his nephews coattails.
torvix2000
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Apr 27 2009, 05:57 AM) *
Pacquiao's fans are really making me root for Ricky Hatton in this fight and I like pac man but after the dlh win his fans have been taking the nut swinging a bit too far

If you examine it closely, there are few of real Pac fans here. They simply don't like Hatton. Look at CEO. He said that Hatton loses because he's crap and not because Pac's good.
The CEO
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Apr 27 2009, 02:20 AM) *
Look at CEO. He said that Hatton loses because he's crap and not because Pac's good.

Whoa whoa whoa....I'm not sayin' Pac's NOT good....I consider him a great fighter who's gotten better and better over time....I got him tied with JMM for the #1 spot to be exact....I'm basically expecting both fighters to be themselves....

One of them being "not so good"....and one of them being "great"......and what usually happens when two fighters around the same size, OF those differing class levels, get it on?....you already know....a MISMATCH.

That being said....I gave Mayweather almost no credit for his win over Hatton....I will be giving Pac a little credit.

and if Hatton were to somehow win....be it either "fair and square"....or by using the illegal style he used against Tszyu....I would call it a fluke or a travesty accordingly...

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 26 2009, 10:45 PM) *
If Hatton wins, the popular one will be that he is a cheat, wrestles and is dirty. Easily will be the most popular one.

Also likely the most legitimate.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Apr 27 2009, 09:26 AM) *
and if Hatton were to somehow win....be it either "fair and square"....or by using the illegal style he used against Tszyu....I would call it a fluke or a travesty accordingly...

laugh.gif . You're too funny.
King Eugene
If they lose.

Manny - He was overrated

Ricky - I just wanted Manny to lose but obviously Ricky couldn't do it.
hitman harding
Hatton's big excuse will be why he couldn't ko Manny in less then 10th round...... You heard it right Ricky will win by KO
dbdbdb
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 26 2009, 11:32 PM) *
I sure hope there is no premature stoppages, or a bad cut from a headbut.

If Pac wins fair and square, I will offer no excuses. And if Hatton wins fair and square, I sure hope people will do the same.

Kenny Bayless is the ref .. and he has a reputation for letting the guys get it on. Although I do expect plenty of head-butts so hopefully none will be that severe to have to stop the fight.

I see it as If Hatton loses ... Floyd Sr. is getting the blame.

If Pac-Man loses ... Hatton started fighting old-style dirty because he couldn't outbox him.
torvix2000
QUOTE (dbdbdb @ Apr 30 2009, 10:54 PM) *
I see it as If Hatton loses ... Floyd Sr. is getting the blame.

This is the most legit excuse.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (dbdbdb @ Apr 30 2009, 10:54 PM) *
Kenny Bayless is the ref .. and he has a reputation for letting the guys kill someone in there.

Bit harsh don't ya think?
dbdbdb
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 30 2009, 10:58 PM) *
Bit harsh don't ya think?

laugh.gif wtf.gif laugh.gif

Hey STEVENSKI, where ya get that quote???
JonnyBlaze
Where is the mexi-cutioner??I think Steve adding that quote to his sig. made him leave cause some people would never let it go,kinda like the BigG thing and Pac-man's calves..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (dbdbdb @ May 1 2009, 05:28 AM) *
laugh.gif wtf.gif laugh.gif

Hey STEVENSKI, where ya get that quote???

Just another Steve bad taste post. Poor old Kenny has had a few die on him I think.

G loves them Philo calves.
torvix2000
The 'calves' thingie?

dbdbdb
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ May 1 2009, 10:00 AM) *
The 'calves' thingie?

DAMN!!!!!

I will say this about the Pac ... he is always in terrific physical condition.
The CEO
and it keeps getting worse and worse for Hatton....just look at those calves!
Method
The 'calves' thingie?

Wasn't it Big George that creamed himself in a thread gushing about Paq's calves?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 1 2009, 01:35 AM) *
Where is the mexi-cutioner??I think Steve adding that quote to his sig. made him leave cause some people would never let it go,kinda like the BigG thing and Pac-man's calves..

The difference is Big G can take a joke.
torvix2000
He's probly on a different nick now. Anyway, he shouldn't have left. Those calves are awesome!
torvix2000
QUOTE (Method @ May 1 2009, 04:52 PM) *
Wasn't it Big George that creamed himself in a thread gushing about Paq's calves?

Yup! Mex was the one who got drunked and then exposed his desires for Pac's butt.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.