Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RIP Greg Page
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BGv2.0
Greg passed away today. He was 50 years old.

RIP.
Maxy
R.I.P Greg Page.

I remember at one time he was seen as the next Ali. Bags of ability.

Shame.
BGv2.0
It appears it was WBA Champ....although Yahoo reported WBC.

ahhh....the alphabets...making life complicated...even after it's over!
Imperius3
Greg was the first one to knock down Tyson.

RIP.
The CEO
QUOTE (Maxy @ Apr 27 2009, 02:47 PM) *
R.I.P Greg Page.

I remember at one time he was seen as the next Ali. Bags of ability.

Shame.

Yeah...I remember everybody thinkin' Greg Page was gonna be the next big thing too...there was this one fight of his I saw on TV as a kid...forgot who it was against....but he looked incredible...

Godspeed.
D-MARV
RIP.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Apr 27 2009, 05:50 PM) *
Greg was the first one to knock down Tyson.

RIP.

You talking about sparring right before Tyson's bout with Buster, one right hand?

RIP Greg Page.
JLUVBABY
this is how i know i work to much.. when did greg page die?
BigG
RIP Greg Page
STEVENSKI
RIP Greg.
JonnyBlaze
RIP Greg..What happened to him is a sad story..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 28 2009, 09:59 PM) *
RIP Greg..What happened to him is a sad story..

it was a sad story... it also goes to prove in a very long line of sad stories of how boxing needs to become commisioned... i know that will probably never happen but he could have been saved from himself and the money hungry people that kept/allowed him in the sport way longer than he should have been... he's not the first and he is for sure not the last to have this type of ending... it came close to happening to ali of all people (it is figured he fought his last few fights with parkinsons syndrome, diffrent than parkinsons disease also known as pugilisica syndrome, same thing that finally took the life of jerry quarry).... until boxing is organized like all other major sports its sad to say but we will continue to see this happen in the sport.. greg page while never living up to his exspectaion was a good guy and a fun guy for the sport.. it is sad... and he will be missed.. i wish it could turn out better for all those guys that dont quite make it...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 29 2009, 07:30 PM) *
it was a sad story... it also goes to prove in a very long line of sad stories of how boxing needs to become commisioned... i know that will probably never happen but he could have been saved from himself and the money hungry people that kept/allowed him in the sport way longer than he should have been... he's not the first and he is for sure not the last to have this type of ending... it came close to happening to ali of all people (it is figured he fought his last few fights with parkinsons syndrome, diffrent than parkinsons disease also known as pugilisica syndrome, same thing that finally took the life of jerry quarry).... until boxing is organized like all other major sports its sad to say but we will continue to see this happen in the sport.. greg page while never living up to his exspectaion was a good guy and a fun guy for the sport.. it is sad... and he will be missed.. i wish it could turn out better for all those guys that dont quite make it...

Yeah,I really hope boxing looks into this more and does something about it..

If you watch Ali walk into the ring against Berbick,he looks insanely old and looked like he was having major problems with his body..I really wonder how he even made it through training camp..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.