Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WBC strips Timothy Bradley's title...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Romulus9
I hate the WBC. What a band of idiots. Their cup overfloweth with corruption.

It's really saying something when the IBF's offices get raided and Bob Lee gets sent to jail... and we all know that the WBC is even worse. One of my favorite pictures of the last 20 years featured Julio Cesar Chavez at an event with his head on Jose Sulaiman's shoulder.

Here's some open scoring the WBC may like. I think your organization sucks, Bowe was right to throw your belt in the trash, and I give your group of hacks a score of...

ZERO.

(or, for Sulaiman, cero)

He may have done some nice things for boxing from time to time but they are far outweighed by the rest of the WBC's antics.

WBC Strips Timothy Bradley!

lloyd mayflower
i have to say of all the governing bodies the WBC (jose sulaiman in particlar) are the ones that always seem to want to get involved in everything and i think that everytime he opens his mouth bullshit starts dribbling down his chin. i was especially annoyed with his support of margarito. he acts like he wants to be a celebrity. boxing is about boxers jose, keep it shut.

In fact if CEO is still takin entries for the hate dump, get him in it!
D-MARV
We talk shit about Mayweather, De La Hoya, and other fighters but in reality it's shit like this that fucks boxing up.
Box in Hand
I think boxing needs to go MMA style, One Belt, One Champion! The question is which belt should it be? The Ring belt is tainted because De La Hoya owns it so where do we go. This article shows the WBC is horse shit and it is considered the real championship in most circles so where do we go?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 28 2009, 02:22 PM) *
I think boxing needs to go MMA style, One Belt, One Champion! The question is which belt should it be? The Ring belt is tainted because De La Hoya owns it so where do we go. This article shows the WBC is horse shit and it is considered the real championship in most circles so where do we go?

i feel what you are saying but mma really doesnt have one belt one champion... you have ufc... strikeforce... affliction... and a few others and they all have champs that can claim the fame to being number one in their respective division.. can anyone claim anyone better than fedor?... yet he doesnt fight for ufc... they have taken the same road as boxing...
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 28 2009, 02:48 PM) *
i feel what you are saying but mma really doesnt have one belt one champion... you have ufc... strikeforce... affliction... and a few others and they all have champs that can claim the fame to being number one in their respective division.. can anyone claim anyone better than fedor?... yet he doesnt fight for ufc... they have taken the same road as boxing...

That's true but wouldn't life be grand if boxing was like the UFC? One belt per weight class.
Jack 1000
I think the WBC does a good job for fighter safety and creating a global awareness for boxing at the world level. At least they are very responsive to e-mails and communications getting the public and the fighters involved. None of the other organizations are as responsive to public awareness. However, they DO have a very strong favoritism to Mexican based fighters, which has been noted throughout their history and I despise their open scoring bullshit. Unfortunately, it was stipulated in the contract that the winner of Bradley-Holt was mandated to fight Devon Alexander as the #1 WBC Contender. (This was the condition for sanctioning Bradley-Holt.) Both fighters knew they would be stripped if the winner did not fight Alexander. It was in the contract.

The WBC is just enforcing their rules, although not popular to the fans. This is different than the IBF, which is 100 times more full of crap than the WBC. (They strip fighters for no reason.) Remember how they wouldn't sanction Balidimor-Judah, because Carlos didn't pay the sanctioning fees. Than after Carlos won, they said Judah the loser could fight Mayweather for the title? Talk about a fuck up! The WBA with their love of John Ruiz. How do you overlook that? Bradley agreed to fight Alexander if he beat Holt, didn't fight Alexander, so what can you do? How come Bradley can't just fight Alexander?

Jack
Romulus9
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 28 2009, 07:03 PM) *
I think the WBC does a good job for fighter safety and creating a global awareness for boxing at the world level. At least they are very responsive to e-mails and communications getting the public and the fighters involved. None of the other organizations are as responsive to public awareness. However, they DO have a very strong favoritism to Mexican based fighters, which has been noted throughout their history and I despise their open scoring bullshit. Unfortunately, it was stipulated in the contract that the winner of Bradley-Holt was mandated to fight Devon Alexander as the #1 WBC Contender. (This was the condition for sanctioning Bradley-Holt.) Both fighters knew they would be stripped if the winner did not fight Alexander. It was in the contract.

The WBC is just enforcing their rules, although not popular to the fans. This is different than the IBF, which is 100 times more full of crap than the WBC. (They strip fighters for no reason.) Remember how they wouldn't sanction Balidimor-Judah, because Carlos didn't pay the sanctioning fees. Than after Carlos won, they said Judah the loser could fight Mayweather for the title? Talk about a fuck up! The WBA with their love of John Ruiz. How do you overlook that? Bradley agreed to fight Alexander if he beat Holt, didn't fight Alexander, so what can you do? How come Bradley can't just fight Alexander?

Jack

That's fine. They should uphold their rules. But the Bradley-Holt fight was Aptil 4th! I think they could take some time to let a fight between Bradley and Alexander to be made, or at least legitimately negotiated, before stripping him in less than a month. Absolutely stupid move in such a time frame. That's my gripe. If he fights anyone but Alexander next, strip him. If he doesn't fight Alexander by October 1st, strip him. This? Absolutely stupid.

The WBC sucks but they've, as you said, at least done some decent things (open scoring is NOT one of them. WTF is that about anyway?). The IBF sucks. The WBA has sucked for many years. It's so sad that the most reputable organizations are the ones who have no clout, no name, and are ridiculed... all because they don't "play the game" like everyone else.

I love the thing with Baldomir-Judah. One of the dumbest things I've seen in years.

DO NOT get me started on John Ruiz.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Apr 28 2009, 02:17 PM) *
We talk shit about Mayweather, De La Hoya, and other fighters but in reality it's shit like this that fucks boxing up.

Yup..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 28 2009, 04:11 PM) *
That's true but wouldn't life be grand if boxing was like the UFC? One belt per weight class.

that would be in a perfect world...lol...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.