Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rap fans
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
BigG
Hey ROLL and everybody else. Check out Illmaculate. He is one of the best new artists IMO.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 3 2010, 02:25 PM) *
Any heard of Jedi Mind Tricks??I just went and saw em last night in the Chi..They put on a bad ass show and Jus Allah even came and flowed with em even though he's no longer with em..Jus spit some bad ass freestyles..Vinny Paz was throwin some jabs and hooks on stage..haha..It was dope..

If you haven't heard em before,you're missin out since Violent by Design is one of the best hip hop albums of all time,hands down..That cd is hip hop at its best..

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this but hip hop artists who are obsessed with boxing like us are always talkin about Marvin Hagler..RA the Rugged man and Jedi Mind are 2 artists/groups who talk about Halger(Rugged man a lot)..

A friend of mine who's a DJ did a mashup tape with them and various hip hop artists.

Check it... *he did the graphics as well*

DOWNLOAD HERE

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (BigG @ Apr 9 2010, 10:19 AM) *

I'm listening this rapper named Illmaculate lately. Check him out.

New artist??Man I was listenin to Illmac years ago..I can remember back when he won scribble jam in like 04 or 05..Forget which year but I do remember he was the youngest to ever win..Dude is sick..
BigG
I mean his Rain Check mixtape and Police Brutality album were 08 and 09. Illmac is a fucking beast in battles though.
ROLL DEEP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUCFlzrkclg

Check out this dude from the UK called 'Akala'.

How many Shakespeare plays can you spot? It's a fucking bad ass tune - quite unique. I saw him perform in Birmingham and it was a great show.
King Eugene
Could Dipset be back?

THE DIPSET BEEF IS OVER!!!!!

Miss Info went and got the Dipset beef over with. I heard the crew has already started on Diplomatic Immunity already, but according to the text below, they aren't! Holy COW! Way to go Info! So, here is the link and here is the fully jacked text from missinfo.tv!

Here it is!!!!

Last week I had a conversation with two old friends. But what was remarkable about this wasn’t the fact that they called, or even what we talked about….what really meant something is that, for the first time in over three years, these two guys were calling me together…

“Minya, (Miss Info's real name) it’s Jimmy….I’m sitting in the passenger seat of this car right now. I want you to talk to the driver real quick.”

“Ok, Jimmy.”

[brief pause] “What up, Min. It’s Cam…”

Yes!! Now we’re finally getting somewhere…Before I could start grilling them about the who/what/where/why/when….Jimmy made it very clear that he had to get something off his chest, with Cam right there…

Jim Jones said: “It’s 2010, and this is something I gotta get off my chest…You’ve known us from back when we didn’t have what we have now, so you remember, that above all, me and Cam, we still brothers. And we’re building on getting back on track but first, I apologize for being a rude brother, for saying things publicly without first trying to handle them privately. I apologize for not leading by example because what I didn’t realize at the time, I was venting but it wasn’t all about me. There were other people whose dreams were also part of this movement. So by not leading by example, they were left stranded too. The way I handled our business issues was with emotion, and it got totally f–ked up. That’s what selfishness does I have demons that I’m learning to deal with. We’re all successful, me and Cam and Juelz, so we’re blessed. But that comes with responsibilities. I had complaints and I’m not backing away from the issues I had, but I’m just mad at how I handled them. The business of the Diplomats could have been fixed before. But by putting my emotions out in the public, it only made things worse. And of course, some of us became bitter about it. We had this luxurious life, but the rest of the family, they had slow down because of the ball I started rolling. I’d be pissed at me too…

But God works in mysterious ways…a couple people took vacations, and there’s a lane that’s wide open. What we built solo since Dipset grew apart, we can combine and make even stronger together. I needed to clear my conscious before we work on building a bigger and better movement. Plus, consider it fair warning to everyone else.”

When Cam got back on the phone, he was definitely more pragmatic and cautious with his words.

Cam’ron: “There’s nothing really Diplomats-related to show you yet. We all have our own obligations right now, our own projects. I have this Boss of All Bosses Pt. 2.5 mixtape with Vado and DJ Drama dropping soon. But yes, me and Jim have been speaking, we’re working out the mechanics of this, and looking at our options right now. If it makes sense, it can happen.”

CAN THEY DO IT? CAN DIPSET MAKE A COMEBACK?
KookedKrack
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 20 2010, 07:01 AM) *

shok.gif shok.gif shok.gif shok.gif shok.gif shok.gif shok.gif shok.gif shok.gif

Now I have a real reason to celebrate 4/20. (not like I need a reason anyway)
Maxy
Sad news today.

Gang Starr legend Guru has died.

Article here
BigG
One of my favorite all time MC's...Gangstarr forever...RIP Guru
BigG
BigG
Keith Pratt
Some rare hardcore British rap:

Keith Pratt
A white rap crew from Manchester, England called First Offence. This track is called 'Just Try Me' and has a nice Sex Pistols sample:

Keith Pratt
One more...

This was the UK's version of Public Enemy, Black Radical Mk II

King Eugene
Cant link a youtube video at the moment cause I'm at work but I just bought the new/last Little Brother Left Back. Some pretty descent tracks but Phonte's Tigallo for Dolo is one fire track. Youtube it.
KookedKrack
New Em shok.gif shok.gif shok.gif shok.gif shok.gif shok.gif

http://usershare.net/XclusivesZone/y4j5bdgvaw14
Keith Pratt
Another UK rap classic from 1990:

Keith Pratt
Tuff Crew - Show 'em Hell, amazing track:

PR316
Can't seem to embed any youtube videos on here. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
BigG
^ Theres a insert video beside the insert image thing while you post...copy past the link there...
PR316

That should bring back memories.
King Eugene
Scarface Turns Down Hip Hop Honors

I was nominated [to be honored at the "Dirty South" VH1 Hip Hop Honors] but I declined to accept because I don't wanna be classified as just “Dirty South.” I'm Hip Hop, man. I’m not going because I feel slighted. Even though it was a nice gesture, I feel like it’s just a pacifier. They’re like, “Let’s give these n***as down there a pacifier so they can stop feeling left out. We’ll make Luke and all these n***as down here look funny,” you know? “Let’s put a plate of fried chicken and some watermelon and let’s just do some n***a-ass s**t.” (laughs) Quote, end quote. "Some n***a-ass s**t." Fried chicken and watermelon. "s**t, the faster we get this over with, the better."

Honoring [Uncle] Luke and James [Prince] and [Master] P and Timbaland and JD and Dungeon Family is a good thing. I don't wanna f**k their Honors up. They helped lay the foundation. More power to 'em. I respect what they do and I respect what they've done for Hip Hop, but to put us in a category is disrespectful. Why would you categorize us as "Dirty South"? Why can't you just honor some muthaf**kers from down here and leave it like that? You ain't gotta make us look extra country. We know where we're from and we know where you're from. We know where Hip Hop came from, man. We're cool with that. I'm proud to be from Houston but don't make a mockery of my accomplishments. We're not "dirty" down here in the South anyway. This s**t down here probably cleaner than the rest of the country, cause we got grandmas down here. Our grandmas don't play that s**t.

I was a part of the Slick Rick and De La Soul and Too $hort and Public Enemy [Hip Hop Honors]. I felt good about being a part of that. I went [to Hip Hop Honors] when they honored Def Jam because I wanted to be a part of that. I felt honored that they would even call me to do it. But this year, I totally disagree with how they're trying to categorize us. You know how they make us look on TV? Like we live on the front porch with flies and s**t flying around us, with our stomachs all big eating watermelon rinds? That ain't us, man. Don't f**kin' make a mockery of us because we come from down here and you have no f**kin' idea what it looks like. They're gonna try to put us with some cows and just make us look f**ked up, man, like we don't know what the f**k we doin' down here. We're smart, man. Our life is slowed down so we don't miss nothing. When s**t gets moving too fast you miss everything. s**t's slowed down here so we see it all.

I come from the era when New York and L.A. had the only Hip Hop, and they weren’t f**kin’ with us, at all. If you think I'm lyin', check the history of Hip Hop. Try to pull up some footage from the 1989/1990 New Music Seminar. That's what I base my whole f**kin' life on: the New Music Seminar 1989/1990. They was NOT f**kin' with us. We sold records all over the f**kin' country and New York made a mockery of it. They f**kin' booed the Geto Boys in New York. They sure did.

Back when Luke had Skywalker Records and J had Rap-A-Lot Records, they weren’t tryin’ to do no South s**t. “It didn’t come from New York, son, so f**k that.” That was their attitude. Just because a TV was made in Japan, is it a Japanese TV? Or is it just a f**king TV? If a lightbulb was made in China is it a Chinese lightbulb?

It was hard breaking through. It was hard getting respect from the East Coast. We didn't get no f**kin' love from nobody. Fab Five Freddy came down here early in our career to see what we were really about, and I respected and appreciated that. But we been having money down here. We been rollin' f**kin' Bentleys and Ferraris down here since the 80s. Muthaf**kers ain't just started rockin' gold and platinum chains. We had that s**t in high school. s**t, we just now started running out of money. (laughs) That's how long we been had money down here.

Eventually New York came around and started f**kin' with us. But for an East Coast-based show to call themselves showing some f**kin' love by making a Southern watered-down version of what the show is supposed to be or what Hip Hop really is, man, I feel f**ked up about that s**t. Because we fought harder than a muthaf**ker. When [Ice] Cube was on Hip Hop Honors, it wasn't the "Hip Hop West Coast Honors." Every part of the ghetto is the same mu'f**kin' story. Hip Hop is one machine, regardless if you come from New York or Bareback, Africa. It's f**kin' Hip Hop.

But that's just [my opinion], and f**k me. I don't mean nothing. I'm just a n***a who fought harder than a muthaf**ker to get our records played in New York and on the East Coast period. And now all a n***a needs to do is fart on a record and it gets played. So it's fine by me. I'm cool with that. I'm not mad about it, I just feel disrespected. Whoever goes [to Hip Hop Honors], it's fine and dandy by me. But if you wanted to do a Southern-based show you shoulda got a n***a DOWN SOUTH to do it in the South.

clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif
BigG
The new Nas and Damien Marley is such a great album.

Nas is a living legend man...
PR316
^^^^Didn't know the album was out.
Maxy
Only heard one track from Nas and Marley but I'll forever be a Nas fan so I'm making it my business to check out the rest.
ROLL DEEP
Nas best keep those albums coming if he's to keep up with his child support payments!

Eeeep.
SENTRAL
Nas always brings the dope shit.

Right about now I'm cruising with my man Louis Logic.
PR316
The Nas/Marley album is pretty good. On a soulful African vibe. The best stuff he's come out with in years if you ask me.
PR316
Bringing some good stuff back.

KookedKrack
Guess who just dropped the album of the year? I think this is his 2nd best album behind MMLP

Eminem - Recovery

Release Date.: 2010-06-08
Store Date...: 2010-06-22
Source.......: CD
Style........: Hip-Hop
Record Label.: Interscope
Cat Nr.......: B0014411-02
Encoder......: Lame 3.97 (-V2 --vbr-new)
Quality......: 192kbps avg / 44.1KHz / Joint Stereo

1. Cold Wind Blows 5:03
2. Talkin' 2 Myself (feat Kobe) 5:00
3. On Fire 3:33
4. Won't Back Down (feat Pink) 4:25
5. W.T.P. 3:58
6. Going Through Changes 4:58
7. Not Afraid 4:08
8. Seduction 4:35
9. No Love (feat Lil Wayne) 4:59
10.Space Bound 4:38
11.Cinderella Man 4:39
12.25 To Life 4:01
13.So Bad 5:25
14.Almost Famous 4:52
15.Love The Way You Lie (feat Rihanna) 4:23
16.You're Never Over 5:05
17.Untitled 3:14

http://rapidshare.com/files/396609835/RECNEM.rar

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1MEY04K9

http://hotfile.com/dl/47079092/ccaa230/emmmmmm.rar.html

http://www.zshare.net/download/770085304e72ca04/
BigG
I heard Not Afraid and it was pretty good. Also heard that song with Lil Wayne and I didn't think it was good.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (BigG @ Jun 8 2010, 09:06 AM) *
I heard Not Afraid and it was pretty good. Also heard that song with Lil Wayne and I didn't think it was good.

He outshined wayne on that track BIG TIME all that "greatest rapper alive" talk that goes with wayne needs to end.
PR316
Lil Wayne is wack.

I don't know what legitimate top 10 greatest of all time list he would make.
JonnyBlaze
Big Pun killin it while Joe Louis destroys guys in the ring..

PR316
^^^Might be my favorite Big Pun joint. But Pun had so many it was crazy. I also like...

neophyte7
You want help okay... start listening to something else

HIP HOP IS DEAD... infected with Ni**er mentality... Yeah I said it and I am BLACK...

Towards the Destruction of NI**er MENTALITY by C.C. Blackman... a must read for all so called Hip Hop fools. This music is a cancer to the social fabric of the BLACK COMMUNITY and America as a whole.

A bunch of COON shit that has gone too far!!!
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 22 2010, 10:06 AM) *

HIP HOP IS DEAD... infected with Ni**er mentality... Yeah I said it and I am BLACK...

Towards the Destruction of NI**er MENTALITY by C.C. Blackman... a must read for all so called Hip Hop fools. This music is a cancer to the social fabric of the BLACK COMMUNITY and America as a whole.

laugh.gif

PR316
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 22 2010, 11:06 AM) *

Behave. Your trying to start trouble. LOL...
neophyte7
LMAO... man there was a recent shooting in Queens of a rapper who performed before FABOLOUS.. the guy was gunned down near the SUV of Fabolous... HIP HOP is shit, trash... It has set people of color way back. It has men walking the streets with their underwear exposed while the "so called" stars are revered as Icons. In South street Seaport... the little faggot rapper Drake was late in coming on to a free concert with about 25,000 Savages waiting... the result was chairs and bottles being thrown and people going to the hospital. HIP HOP is a tool to keep certain segments of the society dumbed down. I wish I could make like TIennamen Square, line all of the Hip Hoppers anbd fans together and mow their asses down with TANKS... maybe then we can save the lives of inner city young people who at 5 years old repeat lyrics about SEXUal fantasy and menages... HIP HOP is sick and the people who make the music are sick. There only a handful of rappers with positive projection and the Zionist media will not allow these rappers to be heard. The deterioration of the moral and social fabric of this country is in great part due to this putrid and sick HIP HOP music. Rock and Roll is not being left off of the hook either but that is another story...
KookedKrack
laugh.gif

This dude comes across so angry every time he post. Relax breh it's just entertainment.
neophyte7
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jun 22 2010, 05:49 PM) *
laugh.gif

This dude comes across so angry every time he post. Relax breh it's just entertainment.

LOL... With a name like KOOKED CRACK I understand...
ROLL DEEP
Hahaha @ Fitz video.

Seriously though, it's just entertainment.

I've listened to rap for the last 15 years - how many people have I stabbed or shot up? None. How many 'hoe's' have I pimped slapped? None. How many cocaine deals have I done? None. How many rival crews have I beat down? None.

I also watch action films. How many people have I shot? None. How many dudes have I beat up in a club with a pool stick? None.

It's not the music that makes people act like savages, it's the people. It's their upbringing. It's their choice. To just blame in on video games, music and films is just lazy.

I agree about the sexually inspired lyrics being played on the radio - that's not good. Radios need to watch what they play as I don't want to hear any 8 year old girls singing that they're 'too bootylicious' for me because it's been played on the radio 100 times.
neophyte7
Just because you have not been fucked in the head by Hip Hop does not mean that it is not degenerative... SOME PEOPLE DO COKE AND SHOOT HERIONE AND ARE able to function... that does not negate the impacts it has on mostly all that partake. I have already started a phenomenological study on the issue when done I will let you see the data. The music is shit and influences behavior. THIS HAS BEEN ARGUED ON SENATE FLOORS... Your typical response is part and parcel to evading the truth and engaging in flight analysis. I am a social scientist and know what I am talking about. Of course I am not saying it influences all people, but I am speaking on a particular mass of people...IT HAS ALSO negatively impacted white america (the Kerner Commission in the past said that there is a Black and White america) I will leave it there and alone. The music and the practitioners of the music have helped tear down the moral and social fabric of the country... Fuck hip hop. IT IS DEAD. congrats to you rising above it deleterious effects. I just got done talking to a teen that says like TUPAC he is living THUG LIFE... he is out of jail after 5 years for shooting a teen when he was 13 now tell me it does not impact.
King Eugene
Real Live Uncle Ruckus.

Upbringing has a lot to do with it. Besides after a certain age and your letting things like music, films, and video games influence you, your an idiot or weak minded anyway.
lloyd mayflower
Just look at how rap has poisoned minds in the sleepy valleys of Wales! It spawned the mighty GLC!

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Jun 23 2010, 12:55 AM) *
I've listened to rap for the last 15 years - how many people have I stabbed or shot up? None. How many 'hoe's' have I pimped slapped? None. How many cocaine deals have I done? None. How many rival crews have I beat down? None.

You just not doin it right then Roll. See your problem is you just beat up kids in your dojo after they have drank the 4L cider they stole from Tescos
neophyte7
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 24 2010, 03:08 AM) *
There is no doubt that it has been great for verse, though the bulk is certainly inane.

Absolutely. working as a human service professional and operating a Foster Care unit in New York City, I see it first hand responsible for some of the most fucked in the a head kids and parents you could ever imagine. Some of the graphic stories I could relay would make you sick to your stomach. I have daily exposure to social dysfunctions with various segments of Black and Latino communities. Trust me, this filth (RAP in its present concentration and subject focus on sex, drugs, and murder) is a great influence over thinking and behavior of young people and also adults. Again, this has been argued on Senate floors over the past decades. Boys and men are wearing their pants to their knees, exposing their asses in a manner that truly speaks to the "dumbing down" process which researchers Black and White have pointed out. Young girls by the age of 10 are giving brains ( a rap slang for head job) and already speaking of having threesomes. Jah Rule was given an NAACP image award years ago, a fool who openly talked about using exctasty.... Something is wrong when an organization such as the NAACP recognizes Rappers who push sex, murder and mayhem.

"I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe and I was not offended for I knew I had to RISE ABOVE IT ALL OR DROWN IN MY OWN SHIT"- GEORGE CLINTON- MAGGOT BRAIN
Douchebag
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 22 2010, 05:16 PM) *
LMAO... man there was a recent shooting in Queens of a rapper who performed before FABOLOUS.. the guy was gunned down near the SUV of Fabolous... HIP HOP is shit, trash... It has set people of color way back. It has men walking the streets with their underwear exposed while the "so called" stars are revered as Icons. In South street Seaport... the little faggot rapper Drake was late in coming on to a free concert with about 25,000 Savages waiting... the result was chairs and bottles being thrown and people going to the hospital. HIP HOP is a tool to keep certain segments of the society dumbed down. I wish I could make like TIennamen Square, line all of the Hip Hoppers anbd fans together and mow their asses down with TANKS... maybe then we can save the lives of inner city young people who at 5 years old repeat lyrics about SEXUal fantasy and menages... HIP HOP is sick and the people who make the music are sick. There only a handful of rappers with positive projection and the Zionist media will not allow these rappers to be heard. The deterioration of the moral and social fabric of this country is in great part due to this putrid and sick HIP HOP music. Rock and Roll is not being left off of the hook either but that is another story...

I get a lot of what you're saying and I agree with alot of it, though I probably wouldn't express it the way you choose to. That said, this isn't the place for that kind of talk. Take it to allhiphop.com, you will get a lot more input and and debate over there than you will get here.
neophyte7
will do... I will comment no more...

I hear worse on these boards and have for years. It is ok for people to habitually make reference to having peoples nuts in their mouth, yet it is not ok for some REAL TALK

hahahahahahahaha... yeah

I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe and I was not offended, for I knew I had to rise above it all or drown in my own shit.- George Clinton- MAGGOT BRAIN
Douchebag
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 24 2010, 01:45 PM) *
will do... I will comment no more...

I hear worse on these boards and have for years. It is ok for people to habitually make reference to having peoples nuts in their mouth, yet it is not ok for some REAL TALK
hahahahahahahaha... yeah

I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe and I was not offended, for I knew I had to rise above it all or drown in my own shit.- George Clinton- MAGGOT BRAIN

I know what it is and there are a few others that know what it is and can tell the difference between harsh scrutiny and bigotry, but just condering the forum we are on it just doesn't go over well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.