Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rap fans
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Snoop
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ May 22 2009, 07:09 PM) *
Yeah, but we're not talking about us, we don't have people claim that we're the new vocal leaders for social change of a community. My comments don't have to be better, I'm not claiming to be the voice of a generation. Stay on topic, this argument is shit. I'm pretty sure I'm done with this discussion though. Choose better heroes.

So your opinion on women is on par with these mainstream rappers? Then don't judge their lyrics when your mentality is just as bad.

Be done with it if you choose, it it quite clear you're too hardheaded to listen to anything. My only point is that you can't hold Tupac in the same light as say, 50 cent or Soulja Boy, but people do, because they have this sweeping generalization of hip-hop music. I bring up all these points that nobody seemed to know about, and all nay sayers do is just ignore them. You wanna talk about staying on topic, address the points then. His music and life was a lot more complex than people give it credit for, but I guess you'd have to be a little open minded to see that.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (snoopnick @ May 22 2009, 03:33 PM) *
So your opinion on women is on par with these mainstream rappers? Then don't judge their lyrics when your mentality is just as bad.

Again, poor logic and bad argument. You are parading him around as a leader for social change, I am just pointing out that he certainly was not. It does not matter what my personal opinions on any of that shit is. Get your shit straight.
Snoop
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ May 23 2009, 12:11 AM) *
Again, poor logic and bad argument. You are parading him around as a leader for social change, I am just pointing out that he certainly was not. It does not matter what my personal opinions on any of that shit is. Get your shit straight.

How are you pointing out he is not a social leader? All you've done is said, "So what he read those books, college kids read those books." Well so do leaders for social change. In fact it's almost necessary that social leaders do, so the fact that college kids read them too is irrelevant. It would had been a stronger argument if he had NOT read those books. Then you point out he was not an agent for social change because he objectified women in music, yet MLK was a huge womanizer, and Gandhi used to beat women. I don't agree with that but it doesn't change what they accomplished. Social leaders do not have to be God-like.

Pac had multiple opinions when it came to women. The type of women he addressed in "I Get Around" (The song you posted) and strong women he describes in "Keep Ya Head Up" (The song I posted). The reason I bring up the forum's view on women, and possibly yours, is because the way ya'll talk about women sometimes, you can't say you can't relate to where he's coming from, therefore, it would be unfair to call him contradictory if ya'll share similar views. Hell, why would you share views about women that are against, in your definition, a social leader anyway?

The whole debate started because people were reducing Tupac as a common street rapper thug when in reality, that judgment is based off not knowing anything about him. All of the points I brought up (his library of text, T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E, the fact that his mother was a Black Panther and named him after a Peruvian revolutionary, his lyrics), NOBODY, including you, has addressed those points. Mainstream rappers like Ja Rule, 50 Cent, and all that other bullshit do not have that kind of background and all I'm saying is you can't bunch him with the rest of him. There are valid reasons as to why people thought he was a potential revolutionary leader.

You wonder why whole communities held candle light vigils upon his death, why PhD Professors write poems, books and teach classes on him, why an entire generation respects his work. It must because they're all misinformed right? They're the ones that got shit fucked up, not you, who didn't know ANY of the information I pointed out in this thread, and even so, THEY'RE the ones misinterpreting it? Not you right? Gimmie a fucking break bro.

I'm a firm believer in respecting people's opinion, so I'm not trying to convince you to believe as I do. He's not a social leader to you, fine. But at least understand and RESPECT the opinions of those that do for the reasons mentioned.
King Eugene
I love Pac's music and still continue to listen to his positive tracks til this day. I still skip to Ambitions as a Ridah every now and then though. LOL Temptations describes me perfectly lol.

On another note though, I've become a fan of Lupe Fiasco. I love Hip Hop Saved My Life

Words cant explain how much I love listening to Little Brother. They are some very strong lyricist which should be heard by more than the casual hip hop fans.
BigG
I've been listening to this track lately

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSWo-tk2Z6Q

Strange track but for some reason it got me hooked.
Al Hata
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ May 28 2009, 02:26 PM) *
I've been listening to this track lately

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSWo-tk2Z6Q

Strange track but for some reason it got me hooked.

Yea I like Joe and I have to say, Padded Room is a really good lyrical CD. I didn't like it at first because of the beats, but lI put it back in while driving to the beach this weekend and though it was solid.

BigG
Al Hata you might like this check it out...

Its the Supergroup "Slaughterhouse" (Royce Da 5'9, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, and Crooked I)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHgUFHll3aM
BigG
I KNOW 3king LOVES this beat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPlejASD9I4

JonnyBlaze
quote name='biggeorge89' date='Jun 10 2009, 03:41 AM' post='440220']
I KNOW 3king LOVES this beat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPlejASD9I4
[/quote]
That's a good beat but this beat crushes that one.. wink.gif

Tried by 12
Al Hata
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jun 3 2009, 03:47 AM) *
Al Hata you might like this check it out...

Its the Supergroup "Slaughterhouse" (Royce Da 5'9, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, and Crooked I)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHgUFHll3aM

That song is tight. I'll look into these guys. Thanks.
EirbinX
joell ortiz best rapper out
BigG
Alright hip hop heads y'all need to tell me what you think of this Charles Hamilton...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wPFskQI56Q

He's nothing special but this sounds really fresh.
King Eugene
Lil Jon first two albums are Crunk Classics! You never touched the field without listening to I Dont Give A Fuck! Talking bout head hunting! I remember my junior year we made a seperate HL tape just to show all the crushing blows with this joint playing in the background. Of course we couldn't show it on official visits from recruits cause of the language but damn it use to get you hype!

Oh and it was the best weight room music on Max out day! I damn near sprang my wrist hang clinging 320 but damnit I got that shit! Was regretting it the next day though!

I've witness plenty ass whippins in my hard clubbing days when the DJ did his Lil Jon set. Alcohol and Lil Jon crunk music equals some pretty good club brawls! I know there are two clubs in Charlotte that banned all Lil Jon records from being played. Hell the spots I go to now wouldn't dare play Lil Jon...people are to dressed up and clean to be getting dirty throwing blows!
blackbelt2003
Some classic tracks from the time I was bumping hip hop over a decade ago:

Group Home - Livin' Proof
Smoothe Da Hustla - Broken Language
Cypress Hill - Throw Your Hands In The Air (remix)
Dre and Cube - Natural Born Killaz
Blahzay Blahzay - Oh My God
Camp Lo - Coolie High
Mobb Deep - Survival Of The Fittest
The Roots - Section
Notorious BIG - Things Done Changed
Jay Z - Can I Live?
Nine - Whatcha Want?
Onyx - Evil Streetz
Craig Mack - Flava In Ya Ear (remix)
LL Cool J - I Shot Ya (remix)
Nas - The World Is Yours
Can-I-Bus - 2nd round Knockout
Tribe Called Quest - Award Tour
Pete Rock - I Used To Love HER

Classics, man. Nothing out now can fuck with that shit. Or maybe it does and I've just grown up too much to care sad.gif

Black
BigG
All rap fans check out the new Slaughterhouse album it's the best of the year......god bless you Slaughterhouse..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1USbiI5s9c
King Eugene
For all you sample heads

www.whosampled.com
streetlion1
Some rappers who have been doing their thing for a while I listen to:

Trae

Z-ro

Yukmouth

Scarface

SPM

C-bo

Tru Lyfe

Bang em Smurf

Domination

Too Short

Beanie Sigel

pacco_diablo
QUOTE (snoopnick @ May 2 2009, 01:07 AM) *
Here's how I view Tupac.

Tupac was what you could call a contemporary Malcolm X, the next leader in a modern day civil rights movement. Most of you may laugh at the comparison, but you have to take into consideration how fragmented the US black population has become after a long history AFTER the Black Panthers of drugs, guns and gangs. With hip-hop/rap music being a common unifier amongst the black community, Tupac was the closest thing to bring them together.

His rumored attempt at faking his death was modeled after the Italian philosopher Niccolò Machiavelli, hence Pac's moniker, "Makaveli", who advocated faking one's death in order to fool one's enemy, which IMO, Pac viewed as the US government. Also, it's said that he had taken out a 7 million dollar insurance policy on his life months before his death which his mother, Afeni Shakur, is said to have received. In fact, Pac's bookshelf at the time of his death was full of, not only revolutionary text, but of complex thinking in general. If you actually listen to the ENTIRETY of his songs, you will see that many of his songs were socially conscious, often depicting the ill conditions of the US ghetto and encouraging people to come together against a common issue. Being that he was very influential amongst the youth of ALL races and had the ideas, but more importantly the POTENTIAL of changing things, he was viewed as a problem by many.

Now all that West Coast/East Coast bullshit was a media creation made to sell records, but I'll be the first to admit that Pac got himself caught up in the hype. Maybe it was real. Maybe it wasn't.

Do I think he's still alive? No. Do I think his death was a government conspiracy, possibly, but not likely. What I think was more likely was that Suge Knight killed him for wanting to leave Death Row records. Suge was a shady muthafucka.

The point is a lot of people seem to make brash comments like, "he deserved what he got" or "he was nothing but a street thug", when they seem to know very little about him.

I agree with this post 1000000%, down to a T. He was damn near genius status in my book, and all by the age of 25. The thing is he started to realize his "bad" ways before he died and was making an effort to change. Just listen to the song "This Ain't Livin." He makes an example of himself and what not to do, or you'd end up dead like him. He didnt talk about it much but he lived by the code of respect. If you live by this code, it's hard to back off when being disrespected, damn near impossible. Though it's not likely, it's definitely possible that he was viewed as a threat from "higher society" and killed for that reason. He was definitely a powerful vocal leader and could have gotten a lot of people to follow him. I can see how he could be viewed as a major threat, and all by the age of 25.

"This Aint Livin"
This for all of y'all that keep on raisin hell
Put a pistol in your hand and let you fade yourself
It ain't right, what you put your momma through, young G
Gotta change your life, take the game from me
This ain't livin
BigG
Best Biggie song of all time right here..imo..one of the greatest songs ever period..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GygEAcFFMVs

KookedKrack
new RAE album only built for cuban links 2..........i gotta let it digest a little bit more but it feels almost as good as the first one (which is a classic)

http://rapidshare.com/files/274436054/Raek...II-2009-FTD.rar

BigG
^ Cant wait.....thx for the link bro...I'm hope its as hard and gully as the first.

BTW, Jay-Z's new album leaked...and it's REALLY good.

Some great tracks..

Thank you (Mentions Manny Pacquiao in this song)
A Star is born
Empire State Of Mind
Young Forever
KookedKrack
yea i heard the new jay one im not feeling it too much..... lyrics are good but not feeling the production aside from a few songs
BigG
Raekwon's album is album of the year...OMG...he brought it back to the 90's...
KookedKrack
yup it made bp3 seem weak in comparison.....
BigG
You cant compare BP 3 to Cuban Linx 2...Raekwon REALLY brought it....had Wu Tang Clan, Styles P, Jadakiss, Slick Rick, etc as guests...he came hard.

House of Flying Daggers > BP 3...
BigG
Al Hata, Krooked K and the rest of my fighthype brethren...

Reks - Grey Hairs...something absolutely fresh...REKS is amazing.
STEVENSKI

Check this out G
Maxy
QUOTE (BigG @ Sep 27 2009, 08:12 AM) *
Al Hata, Krooked K and the rest of my fighthype brethren...

Reks - Grey Hairs...something absolutely fresh...REKS is amazing.

Yeah I've had REKS on my webl for like a year now.

That CD, Grey Hairs is pretty damn good. I don't know how many he's had before that one but it's definitely not his debut.
BigG
Yeah REKS deserves to be one of the leaders of hip hop...today...
Al Hata

The new Rae and Slaughterhouse are sick. Good stuff guys.
KookedKrack
Ima up Joe budden's Escape Route

Me after hearing this audio crack
shok.gif shok.gif

http://www.zshare.net/download/64047783a85dea04/
PR316
The new Only Built 4 Cuban Linx is insane. House of Flying Daggers, Black Mozart, New Wu, Kiss the Ring, Penitentiary, Surgical Gloves, etc... Just too many nice tracks.

BP 3 was a bit of a let down IMO. For me it just didn't have that overall Blueprint feel and vibe. Too many guests on it.

Somebody tell me why Nas and Cormega are supposedly beefing again??... Thats all a little old now.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Royce got a new album coming out on Oct. 20, check it out. My buddy met Royce at a meet and greet for the Tech 9 concert tour that's going on right now, and he got my M.I.C mixtape signed. He told me that Royce said that was one of his best works.
King Eugene
As long as Soulja Boy keeps making songs like this that keeps making girls dance like this in the club then I'll continue to support and listen to his damn music.

http://vodpod.com/watch/689138-twerk-team-...od=hypesquad010

Here is another video by those same chics. I dont know how old they are...ages seem a little suspect but damn.
http://www.eastafricantube.com/media/22465...M_BIRTHDAY_SEX/
BigG

^ A rapper you got to look out for.

You may know him from his hit song Best I ever had....but he's got alot of great tracks.

Tracks you should check out:

Lust For Life, Best I ever Had, I want this Forever, Closer to my dreams, Think Good thoughts, Successfull, Calm, Going in for Life...

Snoop
QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 14 2009, 06:22 AM) *

^ A rapper you got to look out for.

You may know him from his hit song Best I ever had....but he's got alot of great tracks.

Tracks you should check out:

Lust For Life, Best I ever Had, I want this Forever, Closer to my dreams, Think Good thoughts, Successfull, Calm, Going in for Life...

I hope you're joking G. This joker?? Seriously?

Maybe it's just me. I know this cat from that show Degrassi and after watching how his character is (which is closer to how he really is than how he is as "Drake"), I can't take this guy seriously.
BigG
Snoop, you know my taste...I don't know anything about Degrasi..but this cat has talent...wouldn't recommend him if I thought he sucked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmSFP3veWyc
Snoop
QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 14 2009, 06:27 AM) *
Snoop, you know my taste...I don't know anything about Degrasi..but this cat has talent...wouldn't recommend him if I thought he sucked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmSFP3veWyc

I do know your taste which is why I'm kind of surprised. His stuff is kind of mainstream, like a low-budget Lil Wayne without the clever lyrics. I mean his shit is just kind of weak. He has catchy beats and he can actually sing pretty decently, but I don't think he'll last long.
BigG
If you listen to some of his shit besides "Best I Ever Had" you'll see that he has some talent...lyrically. He's got potential..not to be the next GREAT MC....but a guy on the level of Game. He's better than Wayne already. I only liked one Wayne song.."Hustler Music"...

Drake is just a fresh new talent on the scene...nothing more..nothing less.

Snoop
QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 14 2009, 07:23 AM) *
If you listen to some of his shit besides "Best I Ever Had" you'll see that he has some talent...lyrically. He's got potential..not to be the next GREAT MC....but a guy on the level of Game. He's better than Wayne already. I only liked one Wayne song.."Hustler Music"...

Drake is just a fresh new talent on the scene...nothing more..nothing less.

I've listened to his whole mixtape. His shit is just kinda generic. I mean some of it is alright, the beats are definitely catchy, but it's nothing really innovative to me. It's just a good adaptation to what's popular right now.
Maxy
Big G, I wouldn't usually diss your taste in rap but I found that listen to be lame as fuck my man. Just didn't do it for me at all.
BigG
Can't blame y'all for not getting into Drake...but he sounds fresh to me. He's got some good songs where he's good lyrically.

Now I know an album that you WILL enjoy will be Royce Da 5'9 "Street Hop". The release date is October 20.
BigG
DRAKE looked like a fucking HERB in Degrasi

Oh well still has some good tracks.
Snoop
QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 15 2009, 01:44 AM) *
DRAKE looked like a fucking HERB in Degrasi

Oh well still has some good tracks.

I actually listened to the EP that Drake released and it's not bad. I think Wayne carried a lot of it though and I like him better as a singer rather than a rapper. But I still can't get over his goofy ass when he was on Degrassi.

King Eugene
What do you guys think about that new cat Wale?

Anybody ever seen the Shaun Boothe Unauthorized Biography videos? Those joints are hot.
BigG
I don't think Wale is anything special at all....I like J.Cole better.
King Eugene
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 2 2009, 04:26 AM) *

Have you seen the Shaun Boothe Unauthorized Biography videos? The Muhammad Ali vid was a damn good one but my favs are Bob Marley and Jimmy Hendrix.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (BigG @ Dec 2 2009, 04:26 AM) *

J. Cole is very dope but how hip hop is today i doubt he will do well, he would be better off going the indy route.
Snoop
I hear Wale is the next big thing in hip-hop but I haven't gotten the chance to check this cat out.
King Eugene
Not a huge Rick Ross fan but Valley of Death is one hot ass track.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.