Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: question to the mods...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
just wondering what is going on with old threads popping up?.. is it just me or is someone else having this problem?...
Lil-lightsout
No old threads for me. Everything thing seems fine to me.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 28 2009, 03:54 PM) *
just wondering what is going on with old threads popping up?.. is it just me or is someone else having this problem?...

I will check your account to see if there is anything strange or unusual. I'll let you know tomorrow what is up, or might PM you for additional info that I might need. Thanks.

Jack

Administrator
King Eugene
Its happen to me a few times too. One minute there are all the old threads and then the next minute they are all gone. I didn't pay it any attention though cause I could just navigate to where I was trying to get to.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (3King3 @ Apr 28 2009, 07:16 PM) *
Its happen to me a few times too. One minute there are all the old threads and then the next minute they are all gone. I didn't pay it any attention though cause I could just navigate to where I was trying to get to.

No problems with the OP's account settings just doing a look over. You need to set the board settings to allow the maximum number of posts that you want to see. Here's how to make the changes:

1.) Scroll down as far as you can on this or any one of the FightHype forums, you should see a set of boxes on the right-hand side of the page.

2.) Select the box that says "From: (number of days).

3.) Click the drop-down arrow and select the maximum number of days for the posts you want to see on the forum. You may want to go back only 30 days to ensure that the most recent posts are the ones that you are seeing. Select how far back you want to see the topics on the board.

4.) Now, make a note of the other boxes. The default settings should be: (At least this is how it is on mine:)

Order: Last Post

Z-A

From: 90 Days (*This is the drop down box that you want to change to a smaller number to see more recent posts)
Topics: All

5.) Make sure that the form fields are at those settings. The only thing you guys should change is the number of posts in the "From" box to a smaller # of days.

6.) Check the box that says, "Remember These Options" and Click "Go"

7.) Posts and topics will now be organized according to those settings.

8.) Note that these settings may go back to default if you delete cookies from the board or your web browser. However, once activated, other than cookie deletions, they should hold for your account logged into any computer. If they don't, just repeat the above steps.

Jack

Administrator

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 28 2009, 07:39 PM) *
No problems with the OP's account settings just doing a look over. You need to set the board settings to allow the maximum number of posts that you want to see. Here's how to make the changes:

1.) Scroll down as far as you can on this or any one of the FightHype forums, you should see a set of boxes on the right-hand side of the page.

2.) Select the box that says "From: (number of days).

3.) Click the drop-down arrow and select the maximum number of days for the posts you want to see on the forum. You may want to go back only 30 days to ensure that the most recent posts are the ones that you are seeing. Select how far back you want to see the topics on the board.

4.) Now, make a note of the other boxes. The default settings should be: (At least this is how it is on mine:)

Order: Last Post

Z-A

From: 90 Days (*This is the drop down box that you want to change to a smaller number to see more recent posts)
Topics: All

5.) Make sure that the form fields are at those settings. The only thing you guys should change is the number of posts in the "From" box to a smaller # of days.

6.) Check the box that says, "Remember These Options" and Click "Go"

7.) Posts and topics will now be organized according to those settings.

8.) Note that these settings may go back to default if you delete cookies from the board or your web browser. However, once activated, other than cookie deletions, they should hold for your account logged into any computer. If they don't, just repeat the above steps.

Jack

Administrator

fitz walked me through it a while back and all my settings are fine.. its just something that happens from time to time.... then its like it fixes itself... well the old threads disappear as people add new threads...
Jack 1000
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 29 2009, 07:13 PM) *
fitz walked me through it a while back and all my settings are fine.. its just something that happens from time to time.... then its like it fixes itself... well the old threads disappear as people add new threads...

That's cool,

Did you do those steps? That should fix the problem.

Jack

Administrator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.