Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Daniel Jacobs-Mike Walker
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Daniel Jacobs is just a beast. Last week he was fighting on FNF, now he'll be on the undercard of the main ppv event of the year. I think Mike Walker is a good step up opponent for Jacobs at this point as well, and he's got some decent power I think. He's beaten Echols, and is primarly a midwestern fighter. I think Jacobs should have a fairly easy time, but I don't think he'll get Walker out of there in the first 2 rounds. I think it will be nice to see Jacobs go some rounds, and maybe he'll get tapped in there a few times. I got Jacobs by TKO 6. Any other thoughts on this fight?
Lil-lightsout
I could not tell you the last time I saw a boxing PPV and got a great undercard. I am sure this one will be the same by the looks of it. For the price we pay, I expect better fights. There is absolutely no reason to put one or two more higher profile fights on the card. They know suckers like me will pay for it regardless.We are paying like $50-$60, this is not a FNF card.
King Eugene
I've been watching Jacobs from his start since he didn't make the Olympic team. This kid has a bright future if he is managed well! Damn I wish Kirkland was still on the undercard though.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 30 2009, 03:41 PM) *
I could not tell you the last time I saw a boxing PPV and got a great undercard. I am sure this one will be the same by the looks of it. For the price we pay, I expect better fights. There is absolutely no reason to put one or two more higher profile fights on the card. They know suckers like me will pay for it regardless.We are paying like $50-$60, this is not a FNF card.

Sure does seem like the days of the quality undercard are gone for the time being. Not enough money left in the pot I guess once the big dogs get through taking their chunk. Now all we get are prospects beating on journeymen.

Anyone recall the last real quality undercard to a major PPV event we've seen? I honestly can't remember. Barrera-Juarez 2 with Guzman-Barrios and Vazquez-Gonzalez is the last one I can recall, though that was done I think in part because the main event itself was somewhat iffy for a PPV.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.