Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hatton vs. Pacquiao:RBR/Postfight Comments
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Jack 1000
This thread is for all on-going comments and postfight reactions to the Pacquiao-Hatton Superfight tonight!

Jack

Administrator
JLUVBABY
ceo... its about to be on.. you will be a hatton believer for one night...lol...
The CEO
ay yo, JLUV.....after tonight....you and several others will NEVER go against a vocal, "lay it all on the line" pick from me ever again...

"YOU. MUST. LEEeeEEaaAArrnn."
Lil-lightsout
I am so pumped to see this fight! There is going to be some major shit talking tonight after this fight.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 2 2009, 05:21 PM) *
I am so pumped to see this fight! There is going to be some major shit talking tonight after this fight.

True Lights Out true. What's been good about this fight has been most of the shit talking has been about the abilities of the fighters rather than their personalities. Both guys are essentially likeable enough so we've had to resort to shit talking about boxing!!! LOL
The CEO
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 2 2009, 06:21 PM) *

My question is "Why?" though....why did y'all put yourselves in this position?...it's not like you guys are Hatton huggers or somethin'....you know Boxing....you're quality Boxing fans....and yet you're picking Hatton and want some of me?

It kind of saddens me....because I really don't wanna have to do this to you....
Spyder
I get it...

The mexicans are still pissed at Pac for beating their legends. That's why so many people are picking Hatton.

I refuse to believe it is because of any other reason. ESPECIALLY their respective boxing abilites.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ May 2 2009, 06:25 PM) *
True Lights Out true. What's been good about this fight has been most of the shit talking has been about the abilities of the fighters rather than their personalities. Both guys are essentially likeable enough so we've had to resort to shit talking about boxing!!! LOL

So true!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 2 2009, 06:29 PM) *
My question is "Why?" though....why did y'all put yourselves in this position?...it's not like you guys are Hatton huggers or somethin'....you know Boxing....you're quality Boxing fans....and yet you're picking Hatton and want some of me?

It kind of saddens me....because I really don't wanna have to do this to you....

Man... if only we could watch this fight together. What a blast that would be for me... RUBBING IT IN YOUR FACE!!!
The CEO
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 2 2009, 06:31 PM) *
I get it...

The mexicans are still pissed at Pac for beating their legends. That's why so many people are picking Hatton.

I refuse to believe it is because of any other reason. ESPECIALLY their respective boxing abilites.

The Mexicutioner Angle is just one of many....like The Mayweather Junior and Blind Nationalism Angles...

Hatton is basically gettin' picked for ALL the wrong reasons....
The CEO
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 2 2009, 06:38 PM) *
Man... if only we could watch this fight together. What a blast that would be for me... RUBBING IT IN YOUR FACE!!!

laugh.gif....see...you're actually confident too...shit's surreal...

If we were in front of a TV together tonight, I wouldn't even watch one second of the fight....I'M so confident in my pick I wouldn't need to....I would just watch YOU.

I'm serious.....I would stare you down from the side the entire fight...just waiting for the moment of Truth to unleash on you.

laugh.gif

rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 2 2009, 06:21 PM) *

well, i have a feeling there will be some people that don't show up on here for a while........
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ May 2 2009, 06:52 PM) *
well, i have a feeling there will be some people that don't show up on here for a while........

I think you are right, but I will be here regardless what the outcome.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 2 2009, 06:48 PM) *
laugh.gif....see...you're actually confident too...shit's surreal...

If we were in front of a TV together tonight, I wouldn't even watch one second of the fight....I'M so confident in my pick I wouldn't need to....I would just watch YOU.

I'm serious.....I would stare you down from the side the entire fight...just waiting for the moment of Truth to unleash on you.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif Dude... you are crazy! On a serious note on my perspective, I favor Hatton as I have from day 1, but I do understand it is possible for a Pac win of course. I just hope we all get a great fight with NO controversial endings. I want to see a clear cut winner, and please no cuts from headbutts. I also hope Hatton is fully warmed up so he does not get caught cold in the first round, due to Pac's lightning speed.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 2 2009, 07:19 PM) *
laugh.gif Dude... you are crazy! On a serious note on my perspective, I favor Hatton as I have from day 1, but I do understand it is possible for a Pac win of course. I just hope we all get a great fight with NO controversial endings. I want to see a clear cut winner, and please no cuts from headbutts. I also hope Hatton is fully warmed up so he does not get caught cold in the first round, due to Pac's lightning speed.

If he's not fully warmed up, it probably has something to do with the inability of the bacon grease and donut glaze to seep out of his pores before the perspiration can.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 2 2009, 06:31 PM) *
I get it...

Not all of em' Im going with Manny by total domination.
torvix2000
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ May 2 2009, 11:29 PM) *
If he's not fully warmed up, it probably has something to do with the inability of the bacon grease and donut glaze to seep out of his pores before the perspiration can.

LOL! If Hatton gets caught cold in there, I wonder whether he'd be able to get up ala Juan Manuel.
dbdbdb
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 2 2009, 07:44 PM) *
Not all of em' Im going with Manny by total domination.

Agreed!!!!!

Hatton will get confused {About which Hatton he is} after the 3rd round.
Snoop
Is there no undercard?
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 3 2009, 02:12 AM) *
Soto is on the undercard I think I saw, and Daniel Jacobs is fighting Walker.

Why is there no RBR for the undercards?
Rancer
Looking at the fighters arriving, hatton still looks very dried out, in the face and skinny, while manny just looks muscled and bad ass. I think hes gonna tko hatton in the mid rounds, after hatton tries to maul him in the early rounds he will just start getting picked apart and smothered by punches.
Snoop
could someone PM a link. if there is one...
AussieLad
I hope they shake like the tits on your avatar... LOL
The CEO
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 2 2009, 09:47 PM) *
I'm not sure if I'm just cold or nervous/excited, but I'm getting the shakes. It will probably be uncontrollable when they start to come out.

lol....you're just excited....I'm handling mine like a fucking quiet storm....smooth on the outside, brewing on the inside....going out front every 15 minutes to have a smoke...pacing back and forth like a caged animal....my wife talks to me, and I barely catch anything she says...lol

In the ZONE.
Method
lol....you're just excited....I'm handling mine like a fucking quiet storm....smooth on the outside, brewing on the inside....going out front every 15 minutes to have a smoke...pacing back and forth like a caged animal....my wife talks to me, and I barely catch anything she says...lol

That's when they say, "Did you hear me?", and you say, "Yeah, baby, I'm with you.", and they say, "OK, tell me what I just said!", and then the shit hits the fan and then they try and start a major "Our Relationship is in trouble" type of argument right on the cusp of the main event!
buford54
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 2 2009, 09:40 PM) *
I think people are putting too much emphasis on Hatton having a dried out face. I thought he always had that dried out face, even when he is fat. He just has the ugly old shop worn mug that looks like leather. To me not much new. In the weigh in, his fat did look a bit thinner, but other than that nothing too much out of the ordinary.

I've never seen Hatton look THIS dried out though. He looks BAD.
I thought this was an even fight before I saw Ricky a the weigh in...but I'm picking Pac to do Ricky in. It might be ugly.
Sorry to all the Hatton fans.
Not a Hatton hater, not a Pac lover...just a realist.
Pac by mid/late stoppage.

Not to mention...it's a bigger fight for Floyd if Pac wins. Not saying the fix is in, but I'm sure someone expected this to happen before Floyd announced his un-retirement and signed to fight JMM. I hope JMM spoils this for him!
Romulus9
QUOTE (buford54 @ May 2 2009, 10:24 PM) *
I've never seen Hatton look THIS dried out though. He looks BAD.
I thought this was an even fight before I saw Ricky a the weigh in...but I'm picking Pac to do Ricky in. It might be ugly.
Sorry to all the Hatton fans.
Not a Hatton hater, not a Pac lover...just a realist.
Pac by mid/late stoppage.

Not to mention...it's a bigger fight for Floyd if Pac wins. Not saying the fix is in, but I'm sure someone expected this to happen before Floyd announced his un-retirement and signed to fight JMM. I hope JMM spoils this for him!

I'll say this much:

If Marquez knocks Mayweather out, it may become the most downloaded fight in the history of the internet and the replay on HBO may get Super Bowl-like ratings. Personally, I'd watch the DVD of it until the laser burned through the disc.
The CEO
Hope that Rockstar Energy Drink emblem on the canvas don't get in Lil' Ricky's head....KNOWIN' he saw them photos of himself laid out on the star...lol
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 3 2009, 02:47 AM) *
I'm not sure if I'm just cold or nervous/excited, but I'm getting the shakes. It will probably be uncontrollable when they start to come out.

You may have parkinsons? Or the DT's, were you drinking heavily last night?
Method
Christ, THREE fucking national anthems? Paul fucking Potts?
The CEO
Meth, Hata, and I are in chat....come on in, everybody...
dbdbdb
QUOTE (Method @ May 2 2009, 11:19 PM) *
Christ, THREE fucking national anthems? Paul fucking Potts?

hahahahah!!!

At least the babe singing the USA anthem is FINE!!!!
Method
QUOTE (dbdbdb @ May 2 2009, 11:24 PM) *
hahahahah!!!

At least the babe singing the USA anthem is FINE!!!!

"Sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie but I wouldnt know cuz I wouldnt eat the filty motherfucker" - Jules Winfield

Im in chat w CEO and we aint paying attention
Rancer
hatton knocked out COLD!
dbdbdb
QUOTE (Rancer @ May 2 2009, 11:44 PM) *
hatton knocked out COLD!

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Method
Concussive.

Paq needs to stay at 140 thought. the bigger guys at 147 will FUCK HIS SHIT UP!

Oh well for Floyd Joy Mayweather.
EirbinX
Wat a fukin knockout
WolfishPromistah
Well....

He shut my mouth. And he's bad -- Manny Pacquiao [smile]

Congratulations, Pacman. You are p4p Numero uno, without question.

And great call to guys who said it all along how this would go -- C.E.O. and otherssssss
EirbinX
well lets see if floyd ducks pac man?
The CEO
QUOTE (WolfishPromistah @ May 2 2009, 11:48 PM) *
Well....

He shut my mouth. And he's bad -- Manny Pacquiao [smile]

Congratulations, Pacman. You are p4p Numero uno, without question.

And great call to guys who said it all along how this would go -- C.E.O. and otherssssss

Thank you, Wolfish...I appreciate that...

and I'd like to congratulate everyone else that was with me........you know who you are and will make it known I'm sure...lol....(nudges wvu)...

What can I say though?...what can I fucking say?

This is only the beginning....I will start slow...
Was it a mismatch?
dbdbdb
The stage is set ..... Floyd vs Pac-Man is on the horizon. All Floyd has to do is get past JMM.

Hatton has been beaten by two P4P fighters ......... I'm anxious to hear what both Floyd Sr. & He has to say after that KO.
thehype
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 2 2009, 11:56 PM) *
and I'd like to congratulate everyone else that was with me........you know who you are and will make it known I'm sure...lol....(nudges wvu)...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aw yes...doesn't it feel good CEO????

LOL

I gotta admit...I gave him way too much credit...WTF was I thinking giving Hatton 6 rounds. I should've stuck to my original pick of Pacquiao TKO3 instead of Pacquiao TKO6.

laugh.gif

I'm a little disappointed though...I was hoping for a few more rounds of punishment.
torvix2000
LOL!

Anybody now who thinks Freddie Roach's Parkinson's gotten to his head by saying he'd be disappointed if it gone past 3 rounds?

And I thought Malignaggi was sour graping when he said that Hatton would be a sucker for Pac's right hand all night long.
Sugar Q
Gotta give it up "Pacquiao is the P4P king" until further notice :-)
torvix2000
QUOTE (thehype @ May 3 2009, 03:59 AM) *
I'm a little disappointed though...I was hoping for a few more rounds of punishment.

Me too! I was having an adrenaline rush when Pac was starting to use his left and dug a body shot. Then all of a sudden, Hatton got caught clean by the type of shot that knocked down Marquez and Diaz.
Romulus9
<sarcasm>

CEO, I'm completely, utterly, absolutely shocked. Totally.

</sarcasm>

HA!
Method
Hatton made the stupid move by bum rushing the first two rounds. what a schmuck. Got all caught up in the soccer atmosphere. Floyd yelled at him in between rounds for doing it. But cant change a players game.

Loved to see B-Hops trying to give Floyd Sr advice during the intros from across the ring...advice that Hatton was just not capable of following.

Paq will get WAXED by the bigger Welter's. Stay at 140.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 3 2009, 04:56 AM) *
Was it a mismatch?

I don't think it was a mismatch per se. I just think that Pac is that much better than his competition he makes it look that way. Before people start mentioning Marquez I should add that I think JMM is Pac's bogey fighter.
JD
LOL!!

Holy shit...

A minute in, I said to the room full of people that my decision pick was shit and that the fight wouldn't last 4 rounds. Too bad I needed to actually see them in the ring to realize I wrote a shit article.

Hatton could not adjust to the speed...that was an serious ass kicking.

DAMN!
Method
Adjust to speed? Hatton just had a shit game plan. He got caught up in the moment and just ept in. I mean,people were talking about that in 24/7. Hatton tried to continuously bum rush, despite the fact that he was getting picked off, and he got crushed. Speed schmeed. He just doest see the lefts coming....granted, they were coming fast, but he got caught up in the soccer moment, as far as Im concerned
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.