Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Larry Merchant Calling a Spade a Spade
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
salvador
How can anyone NOT LOVE Larry Merchant?

Seriously, the day Floyd comes back in an obvious attempt to create publicity for a fight with Pacquiao later this year on HBO PPV, Larry points out that Floyd is the very best in the sport at choosing his opponents!

God Bless Larry Merchant!

Method
Been saying it for years.
The Original MrFactor
Larry spoke the truth. Some folks dont want to hear it. Best beleive mayweather is going to negotiate every advantage for himself in this fight too. Catchweight, ring size and gloves. Over 140 is gonna make things very tough for Marquez. I still think he can possibly pull it off though...
buford54
Floyd does do that, for sure. I give Floyd props for choosing Marquez as an opponent, but I hate it when his advantages are in the fine print.
That's why people like Pacqiao and not Floyd. Yes Floyd beat Hatton, but he made Hatton come to 147, and it took him 10 rounds to win.
Manny moved to Hatton's best weight and ko'd him in 2.
People still argue about whether Floyd actually beat DLH. Manny jumped 2 weight classes and knocked Oscar out.

To me it adds asterisks to all of Floyd's wins. He makes people move to his weight and dictates all of the other details.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.