Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paq deserves lions share of purse vs Mayweather...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Method
Someone please argue otherwise
STEVENSKI
No argument from me 60-40 at worst but 70-30 is far more appropriate.
kidbazooka1
Yes he does.
salvador
I think it'll be really obvious if Floyd is stupid enough to try and make his fight with Marquez a PPV. If so, it'll do less than 300k buys. I'm sure Arum is dying for Floyd to die on PPV, which he will without a marquee opponent like DLH or Hatton.

getup

I disagree. Floyd is a much bigger (North American) star than Manny.

Also, anyone who knows Roach will tell you he DOES NOT want this fight but it's a natural.

Method
Quantify that for me please. Please.
salvador
QUOTE (getup @ May 2 2009, 11:29 PM) *

Also, anyone who knows Roach will tell you he DOES NOT want this fight but it's a natural.

I don't believe Floyd will be next. There are too many guys that Pacquiao can fight for 85% of the purse at 140, like Judah.

Arum's going to let Floyd dangle in the wind, take criticism for not fighting the big wws for a year or so after coming back, before getting serious about negotiations for a fight that Arum knows Pacquiao can't win.

Method
...and Im gonna be loving it.
kidbazooka1
Mayweather might think twice about fighting Manny after tonights result.

Lil-lightsout
I would say 60-40 for Pac. Floyd better do something so damn spectacular against Marquez if he wants any leverage on those numbers. I just do not see PBF's ego letting him take the less %. But then again he is not too bright when it comes to money, they could probably fool him pretty easily. They can give him those numbers and maybe like throw in a gold chain or some other type of bling to sweeten the pot. He will definately fall for that one.
D-MARV
I really don't know if Floyd will fight Manny... He might choose Mosley over Pac, LOL
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 3 2009, 01:02 AM) *
lol, Mayweather's plan has just backfired. He thought sitting on the side lines and coming back would make him come back bigger and worth even more, except in that cunts time off a bigger star has been created. Eat shit you cock sucker.

Fitz you don't often talk the smack talk but when you do you don't hold back. I pretty much 2nd all of the above. What I like most is that Manny can now fight gazillion dollar paydays without ever needing to face PBF. His career now has a life of it's own, not predetermined on one guys comeback.
Lil-lightsout
It would be great if Pac refused to fight Mayweather. Tell him to fight some Welterweights, or come back down to 140. The only one at 140 I want to see Pac fight next is Guzman. I have wanted that fight for years, but Pac knows better. Guzman is wasting his career away right now though.
D-MARV
All the Hate floyd is receiving... it would be something to see him beat Pacquiao, LOL
kidbazooka1
It took Gayweather 10 rd to stop Hatton and won a tough SD over and ageing DLH and accoreding to him he's the greatests ever.

Pacquiao destroyed both Hatton and DLH yet you don't hear him calling himself the GOAT or any sh*t like.

Pacquiao in my opinon has proven that he is the greater fighter between the two.
BigG
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 3 2009, 06:11 AM) *
Mayweather/DLH - Mayweather SD12
vs
Pacquiao/DLH - Pacquiao TKO8

Mayweather/Hatton - Mayweather TKO10
vs
Pacquiao/Hatton - Pacquiao KO2

Hey Mayweather, Pacquiao has just gone and fuck started your face.

LOL so true...Manny has totally outshined Floyd and he definitely deserves more money. But with that said, styles make fights, Mayweather could beat Pacquiao.
The Original MrFactor
Lets see if Floyd actually signs to fight Manny.
BigG
He would beat Pacquiao, but that's not the point.

I'd give him the edge because of styles but it's not a sure thing...because Mayweather has never met anyone of Manny's caliber.

It would be an epic fight definitely the biggest of my lifetime.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 3 2009, 01:02 AM) *
lol, Mayweather's plan has just backfired. He thought sitting on the side lines and coming back would make him come back bigger and worth even more, except in that cunts time off a bigger star has been created. Eat shit you cock sucker.

LMFAO!!!

Pac deserves AT LEAST 60-40. I'd say 70-30 but if PBF beats JMM convincingly like he should he'll at least have that as far as bragging rights.

Right now, as far as career accomplishments and legacy goes, Manny Pac>>>Lil Fuck ass Floyd and NO ONE can say otherwise.
Big Slim Sweet
Mayweather's face looked a little old to me in that press conference with Marquez I thought. Looked like he was high. Maybe I'm still on the Hatton kick though.

Pac's legacy >>> Floyd's legacy.
torvix2000
Fitz,

Mayweather announced his retirement exactly before the bout to steal the limelight. LOL! Pac got it back. Mayweather now has to knock Marquez out to steal it back again.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 3 2009, 07:31 AM) *
Even if he does knock Marquez out, he won't be stealing it back. He will be doing what is expected. After all, isn't this a tune up? Tune ups usually don't deserve that much credit.

Floyd is a thinking machine. He'd think of some way to get it back. You'll just have to wait and see.
BigG
Wow...people STILL calling Marquez a tune up? He arguably beat Manny who just crushed Ricky Hatton.

Size is overrated. Fitz, I really think you're overrating the size advantage Is Mayweather an imiposing fighter anyway? Last I checked...he was an outside boxer who uses skill and speed to win. These two are only an inch and a half apart in height...

I believe it's going to be a difficult fight for Floyd but his speed will lead him to a decision IMO in a very ackward and close fight.

But that's just my opinion.
hardhead
Paciqiao is the man right now, no if ands or buts about it, Mayweather needs him more than he needs Mayweather. Everyone is calling out Pacquiao, not Floyd. I think the fight gets done because both sides want the fight and the entire boxing world wants the fight. It will be an all time great clash.
JonnyBlaze
Pac-man and Mayweather should be 50/50 if it happens..
BigG
Regardless of what Mayweather said, I've seen the press conference pictures.... the size advantage is not extreme....I've seen the pictures. Mayweather did not look all that much bigger than Marquez.

I don't know what Marquez has over Mayweather for sure but I do know that Marquez is a boxing genius and if he is comfortable at 144 which he says he will be then we will see his skills matched up against Mayweathers come fight night. This will be a chess match.

We'll see....again, just my opinion...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ May 3 2009, 02:54 AM) *
Regardless of what Mayweather said, I've seen the press conference pictures.... the size advantage is not extreme....I've seen the pictures. Mayweather did not look all that much bigger than Marquez.

I don't know what Marquez has over Mayweather for sure but I do know that Marquez is a boxing genius and if he is comfortable at 144 which he says he will be then we will see his skills matched up against Mayweathers come fight night. This will be a chess match.

We'll see....again, just my opinion...

I thought Mayweather looked quite a bit bigger than Marquez..Also remember that Mayweather has long arms for his height and he is also taller than Marquez..It is said only an inch taller but to me it looks like more than that..
torvix2000
Mayweather has a last option of doing what Chris John did to Marquez just in case he couldn't impose his size.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (salvador @ May 3 2009, 12:34 AM) *
I don't believe Floyd will be next. There are too many guys that Pacquiao can fight for 85% of the purse at 140, like Judah.

Arum's going to let Floyd dangle in the wind, take criticism for not fighting the big wws for a year or so after coming back, before getting serious about negotiations for a fight that Arum knows Pacquiao can't win.

Sal my dude I aint mad at your assessment. I totally agree. Floyd came back for this fight only a fool would think differently and let's not forget Manny is beating guys that Floyd already beat. Mad props to Manny for the win but Floyd doesn't need Manny that much. When he takes out Marquez (whom Pacquiao is clearly avoiding) he can then easily go for Mosley. Where does Pac go from here? To Cotto? Of course if Arum has his way but if Pac is smart he would stay away from Cotto. If you get away from the hype you'll see that the Marquez fight is a brilliant move for Floyd and a huge plus when they hit the negotiating table.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 3 2009, 12:35 PM) *
When he takes out Marquez (whom Pacquiao is clearly avoiding) he can then easily go for Mosley. Where does Pac go from here? To Cotto? Of course if Arum has his way but if Pac is smart he would stay away from Cotto. If you get away from the hype you'll see that the Marquez fight is a brilliant move for Floyd and a huge plus when they hit the negotiating table.

It's funny that Pacquiao avoided Marquez by fighting him twice. Let it go. Marquez has been given his chances. Twice. Consider those wins for Marquez if you want to. But let it go.

And why do you want Pacquiao to do some pus*sy moves by staying away from Cotto? LOL!
JD
QUOTE (salvador @ May 3 2009, 12:34 AM) *

One possibility that may overlooked here is that the Marquez fight could be Floyd's first step to returning to 140. 143...than back to 140 is not going to be a problem for him weight wise, and it more or less creates the mandate for the fight (not to say one doesn't already exist), because at the end of the day, Floyd came back for Pacquiao - no one else.

Plus he would now be a junior welter, not a welterweight.
salvador
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 3 2009, 07:35 AM) *
Sal my dude I aint mad at your assessment. I totally agree. Floyd came back for this fight only a fool would think differently and let's not forget Manny is beating guys that Floyd already beat. Mad props to Manny for the win but Floyd doesn't need Manny that much. When he takes out Marquez (whom Pacquiao is clearly avoiding) he can then easily go for Mosley. Where does Pac go from here? To Cotto? Of course if Arum has his way but if Pac is smart he would stay away from Cotto. If you get away from the hype you'll see that the Marquez fight is a brilliant move for Floyd and a huge plus when they hit the negotiating table.

There's no doubt that Floyd's choice to fight JMM was a good one - an easy fight where he can't get hurt and where he'll probably get a spectacular ko.

If I was managing Pacquiao, I'd put him in against Mosley this summer, Valero in the fall (where Pac would take at least 85% of the purse), Judah in the winter (again with the huge lion's share of the purse), and if Floyd really wants the fight next year, take AT LEAST 50% of that fight knowing that it would be Pacquiao's farewell bout. In the meantime, Arum can make jokes with reporters about how Floyd is ducking Williams, Clottey, and Cotto.

The bottom line is that Floyd takes Pacquiao and Arum knows it. And Arum is going to milk Pacquiao for all he can get out of him before throwing him in with Floyd.
Mean Mister Mustard
Imagine Mayweather purposely looks bad against Marquez in an attempt to make Pacquiao the betting favorite in their fight. Then he bets on himself and outboxes Pacman and reaps the rewards lol.
Method
And Arum is going to milk Pacquiao for all he can get out of him

Yup. Yup. Yup.

If I were Arum, I'd NEVER give Floyd the payday. NEVER.
Method
One possibility that may overlooked here is that the Marquez fight could be Floyd's first step to returning to 140. 143...than back to 140 is not going to be a problem for him weight wise

How do we really know that, JD, until he really has to do it. It's been a long fucking time since PBF has had to make 140.
salvador
QUOTE (Method @ May 3 2009, 08:56 AM) *
Yup. Yup. Yup.

If I were Arum, I'd NEVER give Floyd the payday. NEVER.

And the beautiful part is that, unless Arum's contract with Pac only has one more fight in it, Arum has ABSOLUTELY NO INCENTIVE to put his moneymaker in with Floyd anytime soon. It's a win-win. Manny makes tons fighting lesser guys AND Floyd gets rediculed for not fighting the big guys at ww while he waits for Arum to get bored making all that cash.

Because the other bottom line is that Floyd is not a draw on his own and we'll see that with the JMM PPV numbers. Floyd makes plenty when he fights DLH or Hatton, but on his own he can't fill seats. After the JMM fight bombs, Floyd will have no choice but to either sit on the sidelines waiting for Manny or to fight Clottey (who will beat Cotto this summer) or Williams.

JD
QUOTE (Method @ May 3 2009, 09:59 AM) *
How do we really know that, JD, until he really has to do it. It's been a long fucking time since PBF has had to make 140.

We don't really know that and won't until he does it...but I have no reason to believe 143, and 140 thereafter is going to be an issue for Floyd - he isn't a big welter by any means and weight has always been easy for him.
salvador
QUOTE (JD @ May 3 2009, 09:19 AM) *
We don't really know that and won't until he does it...but I have no reason to believe 143, and 140 thereafter is going to be an issue for Floyd - he isn't a big welter by any means and weight has always been easy for him.

I think Floyd makes 140 without any problem. But I also think that if he does he will be answering questions about why he isn't fighting the big guys at 147 from now until he retires.
JD
QUOTE (salvador @ May 3 2009, 10:27 AM) *
I think Floyd makes 140 without any problem. But I also think that if he does he will be answering questions about why he isn't fighting the big guys at 147 from now until he retires.

Floyd doesn't care who questions what...he is going to do what he wants, and sell it as the greatest thing since sliced bread no matter what - and his fans will glowingly approve of it.
salvador
QUOTE (JD @ May 3 2009, 09:28 AM) *
Floyd doesn't care who questions what...he is going to do what he wants, and sell it as the greatest thing since sliced bread no matter what - and his fans will glowingly approve of it.

I really think that the JMM fight this summer will do less than 600K buys - maybe even less than 500K. After that, Floyd won't have any muscle at the negotiating table with Arum and he won't be able to talk about how he's the Money in the sport. Hopefully HBO will keep Merchant around long enough to point this out every time Floyd runs his mouth.

D-MARV
LMAO at all this hate for Floyd...

The JMM fight isn't going to be easy as I thought. And Arum would be a full and a disgrace to boxing if he refuses to make Mayweather-PAcquiao.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (salvador @ May 3 2009, 10:38 AM) *
I really think that the JMM fight this summer will do less than 600K buys - maybe even less than 500K. After that, Floyd won't have any muscle at the negotiating table with Arum and he won't be able to talk about how he's the Money in the sport. Hopefully HBO will keep Merchant around long enough to point this out every time Floyd runs his mouth.

Arum really hates Mayweather and although he knows a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight is hot right now, he might make Mayweather wait and he will have to fight Mosley,Cotto etc.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 3 2009, 10:42 AM) *
Arum really hates Mayweather and although he knows a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight is hot right now, he might make Mayweather wait and he will have to fight Mosley,Cotto etc.

And that would SUCK!!!
caneman
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 3 2009, 02:40 AM) *
Lets see if Floyd actually signs to fight Manny.

He will for a 70%-30% split, a 30 foot right & @ 147! Pacman deserve the loins share IMO! I guess 50-50 is ok though!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 3 2009, 10:43 AM) *
And that would SUCK!!!

Sucks for Mayweather but he needs to learn how to play nice or he won't get to play at all.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 3 2009, 10:50 AM) *
Sucks for Mayweather but he needs to learn how to play nice or he won't get to play at all.

That would suck for everybody excpet the Floyd haters.
caneman
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 3 2009, 10:41 AM) *
LMAO at all this hate for Floyd...

The JMM fight isn't going to be easy as I thought. And Arum would be a full and a disgrace to boxing if he refuses to make Mayweather-PAcquiao.

yea what a shock that anyone would hate PBF huh?
salvador
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 3 2009, 09:41 AM) *
And Arum would be a full and a disgrace to boxing if he refuses to make Mayweather-PAcquiao.

Why? Because he wanted Pac to fight Mosley or Judah or Valero instead? Maybe Floyd could make Pacquaio a public offer Pac can't refuse without looking rediculous the way Arum did it to Floyd with the $8MM Margarito offer.

The real disgrace is going to be if Floyd fights Pacquiao at anything above 140.

D-MARV
QUOTE (caneman @ May 3 2009, 10:56 AM) *
yea what a shock that anyone would hate PBF huh?

who said anything about being shocked?

Pacquiao comes off a very good win last night and the hate For Floyd seems to overshadow that... LOL
D-MARV
QUOTE (salvador @ May 3 2009, 10:56 AM) *
Why? Because he wanted Pac to fight Mosley or Judah or Valero instead? Maybe Floyd could make Pacquaio a public offer Pac can't refuse without looking rediculous the way Arum did it to Floyd with the $8MM Margarito offer.

The real disgrace is going to be if Floyd fights Pacquiao at anything above 140.

Why? Pac fought at 147 before...

I don't think the fight would land there but if it did it shouldn't matter. Mayweather Vs Pacquiao is the biggst fight that can be made right now. If Pac wants it, the fans want it, Floyd wants it, then it should happen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.