Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: and then there's THIS....
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The CEO
It was a legitimate matchup before tonight, right?

YEAH RIGHT.

No poll necessary....

Lil-lightsout
Hatton still KO's him. Marquez is not a southpaw, does not hit near as hard as Pac, and is not near as fast either.
kidbazooka1
Oh sh*t i thought you meant Manny vs Marquez.

Marquez would KO Hatton aswell big difference skill level.
D-MARV
Marquez would win in a much more competitive fight.
The CEO
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 3 2009, 01:24 AM) *
Hatton still KO's him. Marquez is not a southpaw, does not hit near as hard as Pac, and is not near as fast either.

I see you haven't learned....your assessment of fighters and evaluations of matchups are still polluted.....you're trying to fight the feeling....being spiteful....you don't want to give in to me........there was a time when you were clear....what happened?

What brought you to this lowly state?

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 3 2009, 02:18 AM) *
I see you haven't learned....your assessment of fighters and evaluations of matchups are still polluted.....you're trying to fight the feeling....being spiteful....you don't want to give in to me........there was a time when you were clear....what happened?

What brought you to this lowly state?

After seeing how JMM was buckled several times by the not so hard hitting Diaz, I would still pick Hatton to stay on top of him and stop him at some point. JMM does not hit near as hard as Pac, nor is he as fast as him either, so I TRULY think he would not be in the same situation he was against Pac. But then again maybe Hatton could be ruined from his fight from Pac, and I am curious to see what JMM looks like at 140 against PBF.

I am honestly bummed, because I still can not believe how Hatton kept his hands so low, like he had no respect for Pac's power or speed.
hardhead
If Marquez losses to Mayweather I think it's a good fight for both guys, I favor Marquez because he is such a crisp, accurate puncher(plus I question Hatton's chin). Of course the shots that Hatton took from pacquiao could be career altering/ending but if Hatton has a little left I think it could be a decent fight
The CEO
I said all along how Hatton would be surprised with how strong Pac is.....that includes punching power....but last night was ridiculous....lol....it was more of a mismatch than I even though........2 KDs in the 1st with an absolutely CLEAN KO in the 2nd.....although it must be said.....I did have money on a 3RD round Pac stoppage...

They were both around the same size...Hatton was totally outclassed....and now Pacquiao looks like the perfect 140 pound fighter...
The CEO
QUOTE (hardhead @ May 3 2009, 11:42 AM) *
If Marquez losses to Mayweather I think it's a good fight for both guys, I favor Marquez because he is such a crisp, accurate puncher(plus I question Hatton's chin). Of course the shots that Hatton took from pacquiao could be career altering/ending but if Hatton has a little left I think it could be a decent fight

Hatton's chin was always overrated just like him....Marquez would have laid him out too if he was in Pac's place last night...not in 2 rounds....but somewhere mid fight probably....
Romulus9
Marquez with a mid-round stoppage, 6-8 rounds. Last night proved many things about Hatton, but the most important thing that was learned from last night, across the sport, is that Hatton absolutely refuses to adapt. You can teach him whatever you want, and he may exhibit it perfectly in the gym, but in the ring he'll be the same old Ricky.

If you make him back up and you can fire shots through his guard before he can get off, making sure to punch before he takes that extra step forward to get into his range, he's screwed. The blueprint is out.

Ricky Flattened, indeed.
Spyder
Why couldn't Tzsyu do that?

Shit boggles my mind...
The CEO
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 3 2009, 11:53 AM) *
Why couldn't Tzsyu do that?

Shit boggles my mind...

because he wasn't being allowed to punch properly....lol.....Ricky was locking his arms down, and the Dave Parris was manipulating the flow for him....

Like I always said....Tszyu didn't land 1 full, stepped into, signature right hand that fight....Hatton ate some good backpeddling and stationary crosses, and that's about it...that's a tainted win that should mean damn near next to nothing....just like the Castillo win....because Castillo was shot and broke....

People don't realize Castillo was not getting paid for that fight....his purse was already gone....
Spyder
I remember KT landing hard right hands at the beginning of every round...

If fact, Hatton's corner told him..."He keeps on throwing that fuckin bomb!"
The CEO
I'm of the opinion that the past prime, up against it in Manchester, Kostya Tszyu took his pound of flesh from Hatton and sent him downhill early....yes....that long ago....

Kinda like what Cotto did to Margarito....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 3 2009, 11:15 AM) *
I'm of the opinion that the past prime, up against it in Manchester, Kostya Tszyu took his pound of flesh from Hatton and sent him downhill early....yes....that long ago....

Kinda like what Cotto did to Margarito....

i am a man of my words ceo.. i am eating crow soup salad gumbo and sandwiches...lol....
The CEO
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 3 2009, 12:43 PM) *
i am a man of my words ceo.. i am eating crow soup salad gumbo and sandwiches...lol....

lol....thank you for that, JLUV....I'm just trying to prove that being an avid Critic (a.k.a "Hater") , who refuses to hug ANY fighter's nuts, will actually ENHANCE your ability to judge fighters/matchups and make the right picks....

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 3 2009, 11:55 AM) *
lol....thank you for that, JLUV....I'm just trying to prove that being an avid Critic (a.k.a "Hater") , who refuses to hug ANY fighter's nuts, will actually ENHANCE your ability to judge fighters/matchups and make the right picks....

honestly i am not a big hatton fan i just thought he was gonna be too big for manny.... too strong.. and i figured the fight hatton gave mayweather early was enough to figure it would be enough for manny... my phone rung all night last night from people i had told hatton was gonna win... i thought it was gonna be his night...lol... i was damn wrong...lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.