Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: De La Hoya vs. Hatton
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype
Uh huh...that's right...I said it...De La Hoya vs. Hatton...at least that's one of the first thoughts that crossed my mind as Hatton stumbled out of the arena last night.

I'm predicting it now!

De La Hoya had to be thinking to himself, "CHA-CHING!!!!!" He was probably also thinking, "What the fuck did I announce my retirement for? I could wax this guy with an even nastier left hook at Manchester Stadium in front of even more British fans."

So am I crazy? Can De La Hoya beat Ricky Hatton? No shame in losing to the P4P best in Mayweather and Pacquiao...he certainly put on better performances against those guys than Hatton ever did.

laugh.gif

De La Hoya vs. Hatton...May of 2010!
Romulus9
QUOTE (thehype @ May 3 2009, 01:46 PM) *
Uh huh...that's right...I said it...De La Hoya vs. Hatton...at least that's one of the first thoughts that crossed my mind as Hatton stumbled out of the arena last night.

I'm predicting it now!

De La Hoya had to be thinking to himself, "CHA-CHING!!!!!" He was probably also thinking, "What the fuck did I announce my retirement for? I could wax this guy with an even nastier left hook at Manchester Stadium in front of even more British fans."

So am I crazy? Can De La Hoya beat Ricky Hatton? No shame in losing to the P4P best in Mayweather and Pacquiao...he certainly put on better performances against those guys than Hatton ever did.

laugh.gif

De La Hoya vs. Hatton...May of 2010!

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me. If it happens, it happens at 147. No way it's at 140. I think DLH would hammer Hatton but in a few more rounds. 5-7. Different kind of beating but a beating nonetheless.

You're exactly right about the venue. The truly hilarious thing would be to have the fight in Manchester and hearing the drunken, barely comprehensible singing of several thousand more idiots suddenly silenced by a de la Hoya that is past his prime.

Maybe they should have the fight at 154. Then Flattened Hatton wouldn't have to lose so much weight for the fight; 30 pounds instead of 45.
Maxy
I don't think Hatton will box again but if he does there are only two names I see as realistic final bouts.

De La Hoya, as you have said or Amir Khan. Both fights would pack out any arena in England.
Lil-lightsout
I would not pay a penny to watch a fight between the two. Oscar should be no lower than 154, and that is too big for Hatton. Hatton needs some easier fights right now if he wants to continue, but who knows if he ever can recover from Saturday night? Not a good match-up. Plus Oscar retired already, hopefully he stays that way.
The CEO
.......the thought alone of this fight makes me wanna kill somebody......what an insult that would be.....both those guys don't deserve to make 1 more dollar as fighters ever again...
BigG
QUOTE (Maxy @ May 3 2009, 05:54 PM) *
I don't think Hatton will box again but if he does there are only two names I see as realistic final bouts.

De La Hoya, as you have said or Amir Khan. Both fights would pack out any arena in England.

I'd be more interested to see a Hatton vs. Khan fight. De La Hoya is so finished as a fighter.
D-MARV
I was actually thinking that too.
Col Reb
As a big Hatton fan, I hope that he works his way back to the top by fighting in England. He should go back to Billy Graham, grab a belt, and rebuild his confidence. He can still be a good fighter and sell out stadiums. Pac will probably move up again, so he can try to regain 140 supremacy after some time. There are several good fights to be made once he's rebuilt, so I would do that if I were him. I don't think there's too much shame in what happened last night; it happened to Duran vs Hearns.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Col Reb @ May 3 2009, 03:22 PM) *
As a big Hatton fan, I hope that he works his way back to the top by fighting in England. He should go back to Billy Graham, grab a belt, and rebuild his confidence. He can still be a good fighter and sell out stadiums. Pac will probably move up again, so he can try to regain 140 supremacy after some time. There are several good fights to be made once he's rebuilt, so I would do that if I were him. I don't think there's too much shame in what happened last night; it happened to Duran vs Hearns.

Col,
Hatton is done my man... No shame, He's rich and he had a good career. I will grant Hatton one last fight in front of his home crowd. But he is done.
Col Reb
Hatton can beat the belt-holders in his division (Urango, Kotelnik, Bradley). He should just stay away from the pound-for-pound guys for awhile.
D-MARV
Hatton has no chance against Bradley.
Spyder
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 3 2009, 03:43 PM) *
Hatton has no chance against Bradley.

Agreed. Bradley would box his ears off!
Imperius3
After the Pacquiao destruction, and after hearing Roach talk about the IV marks on DLH's arm, there's no way DLH fights below 154 again. I know boxers come out of "retirement" all the time, but I think DLH is different. There's really no reason for him to come back.

Hatton can have a farewell fight in Britain, but he needs an 8 month rest at least after that brutal KO. The fight needs to be an easy win too because I'm not sure if Hatton will be the same fighter after the other night.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.