Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: who DO YOU want to see pac fight next...
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
manMYTHlegend
I personally would like to see manny fight shane mosley sometime this fall, thus setting up a showdown with the winner of marquez/mayweather for a 2010 UBERfight. Not only would i like to see manny fight shane, but i think shane will provide a very stout test as to where manny belongs. If Manny does, however, knock out mosley, or beat him in a devastating fashion, I think manny should GO BACK DOWN, as this would clearly show his speed is simply too much for anyone over 140 with the excetion of mayweather jr. I think there are many more challengers in the lowre weight classes , but there is no way manny wold go back down to take fights that wont bring him a fourth of the money for fighting hte welter's. So many names I can think of, victor ortiz, JUAN MAN, CHRIS JOHN, and hte list goes on and on.

Either way Manny is the best fighter of my lifetime, and easily one of the best all time RIGHT NOW, imagine if he was to win 3-4 more fights (the amount he is expected to take before retiring and pursuing politics, HAHAHAH.) i think bob arum already called it last night when he said "you are hte best fighter to ever live". There is not even a question as to if he belongs above mayweather....

NOt only is he exceptionally good, he is also EXCITING....if you look at the other two tops of this fistic era like mayweather, hopkins, they are boring fighters..

WHAT DO U THINK?
Col Reb
I'd like to see Manny fight Floyd, especially if it can happen at 140. If I'm Manny, I would not jump into a fight with Shane or Cotto until the PBF-Marquez fight is over. There is too much risk involved with possibly losing to either Shane or Cotto, and both would be grueling wars. If for some reason PBF wins and then dodges Pac, I would either fight Valero or try to get Berto's belt at 147, adding to his legacy and making any future welterweight fights that much bigger.
Lil-lightsout
Mosley would be my first choice, at 147. Mosley would knock Manny the fuck out.

At 140, I would take a fight with Joan Guzman or Bradley.

But whoever he fights next, I refuse to hate on Pac no matter who he fights. Because IMO he takes what are supposed to be tough super type fights lately. He deserves a lesser fight, if in fact that is what he wants. If Pac does go after another big name quality opponent, more credit to him and his desire to be great. I have been hoping to see Pac lose for a while now, due to all the hype he gets, but truly he is very good for the sport of boxing. He is a real fighter, and his qualities outside the ring surpass his qualities in the ring. Congrats Pacman for all your success.

D-MARV
Guzman would be a good fight.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 3 2009, 03:41 PM) *
Guzman would be a good fight.

I have been saying it for years now. Guzman is his own worst enemy, he really screwed himself when he did not fight Nate. I truly believe he would have handled Nate fairly easily. Always been a big Guzman fan.
D-MARV
Guzman has the style to give Pacquiao fits.
Spyder
The biggest fight in the sport is Pac-Mayweather. Period.

That fight is Ali-Frazier BIG! Floyd takes time away from the sport while he was at his peak...much like Ali did with the draft dodging...only to have Pac take his place as P4P Champ...Frazier became champ in Ali's absence...Now the guy that left is back to reclaim his title!

That is the only fight that matters right now. Sucks for Shane, but he needs to wait for the winner.
EirbinX
Cotto - Pac man....(Can't spell his last name)

Cotto BY KO.....Thats Y That Fight wont happen but i'd love to see it
kidbazooka1
Mayweather, Marquez, Cotto, and Mosley.
torvix2000
Bob Arum and Manny Pacquiao are too compatible.

A promoter who throws his prized fighter into the lion's dens. And a fighter who never lets himself get eaten.

Cotto or Mosley!!!
JD
Mayweather.
STEVENSKI
PBF but it won't happen because of Floyd no one else.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 3 2009, 07:05 PM) *
PBF but it won't happen because of Floyd no one else.

Come on Stevenski you know that's not right. PBF/Pacquiao should be a 50/50 fight and PBF will show it once again with the Marquez fight. That's the only thing that will stop this fight from happening. Floyd came back to face Pacquiao.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 3 2009, 11:47 PM) *
Come on Stevenski you know that's not right. PBF/Pacquiao should be a 50/50 fight and PBF will show it once again with the Marquez fight. That's the only thing that will stop this fight from happening. Floyd came back to face Pacquiao.

Why should it be 50/50? Pac is in the box seat not Floyd. Floyd will pull a Roy & demand ridiculous $$ & a higher PPV percentage & when he does not get it he will be "justified" in not making the fight.
BoxingStill#1
Mayweather,......huge fight....

But after reading that article it seems as if they are already ducking a fight with Pacman!

Basically by saying Marquez already beat Pacmen and that Marquez is "uno numero" or whatever the fuck he said....By saying this, it could easily set an excuse up by saying "I already beat Marquez, why fight Manny?........

Cotto,....I hope this fight happens above all
torvix2000
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ May 4 2009, 01:30 AM) *
Basically by saying Marquez already beat Pacmen and that Marquez is "uno numero" or whatever the fuck he said....By saying this, it could easily set an excuse up by saying "I already beat Marquez, why fight Manny?........

Floyd's protecting his chin. He knew that Pac's gonna land at least one of them hard shots straight on his jaw.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ May 3 2009, 08:30 PM) *
Mayweather,......huge fight....

But after reading that article it seems as if they are already ducking a fight with Pacman!

Cotto,....I hope this fight happens above all

Why duck Manny because of Hatton? Please, I can see how someone would avoid Paul Williams but Manny? Trust me PBF wants that fight. It's really F'd up that Arum is already saying PBF will PROBABLY ask for too much so Manny will fight Cotto next. That's pure BS. If this fight doesn't happen it's because of Arum's greedy, controlling ass.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 4 2009, 01:41 AM) *
Why duck Manny because of Hatton? Please I can see how someone would avoid Paul Williams but Manny? Trust me PBF wants that fight.

Of course. Marquez and Pacquiao are small guys. Floyd is Floyd. Just like what Merchant said.
Sugar Q
See a lot of guys like to jump on the bandwagon without knowing the facts. Here's what Roach said after the Hatton fight:

Mosley reportedly offered to fight Pacquiao at 147 immediately after the fight but Roach made it clear that Pacquiao is going to make the rules. “You know what, we fight at 140,” Roach said. “These guys are going to have to meet in the middle somewhere (143? 144?). Everyone wants to fight Manny Pacquiao now. He’ll make you money.”

If you weigh 143-144 and your opponent weighs 147 it doesn't make a difference if your really that good so why are they demanding guys to come down to weights that zap them of their strength. If Pacquiao is the man 3/4 pounds shouldn't make a difference. This is the BS that keeps these fights from happening. Ray Robinson, Duran, Sugar Ray, Hearns, etc didn't do this BS.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 4 2009, 01:04 AM) *
See a lot of guys like to jump on the bandwagon without knowing the facts. Here's what Roach said after the Hatton fight:

Mosley reportedly offered to fight Pacquiao at 147 immediately after the fight but Roach made it clear that Pacquiao is going to make the rules. “You know what, we fight at 140,” Roach said. “These guys are going to have to meet in the middle somewhere (143? 144?). Everyone wants to fight Manny Pacquiao now. He’ll make you money.”

If you weigh 143-144 and your opponent weighs 147 it doesn't make a difference if your really that good so why are they demanding guys to come down to weights that zap them of their strength. If Pacquiao is the man 3/4 pounds shouldn't make a difference. This is the BS that keeps these fights from happening. Ray Robinson, Duran, Sugar Ray, Hearns, etc didn't do this BS.

Pac could be a complete prick & say if you want to fight me we fight at 140 or no dice. Simply put him offering a catchweight is reasonable as they will not be fighting for any real title.
Col Reb
I don't have a problem with Manny using his leveraging power to force a catch-weight. Unless he really wants their belt, he should demand the terms just like DLH would do. It's good business, and it increases his probability of victory. Plus, these guys could make close to 140 if they really wanted. Why give them the advantage by Manny having to bulk up even more if it's not necessary?
Sugar Q
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 3 2009, 09:30 PM) *
Pac could be a complete prick & say if you want to fight me we fight at 140 or no dice. Simply put him offering a catchweight is reasonable as they will not be fighting for any real title.

I think PBF, Mosley, Marquez and Cotto should freeze him out and fight each other. He needs them to make the huge fights especially after PBF beats down Marquez. Manny's my man but he ain't no Oscar. Come up to 147 or no fight. Floyd beating Marquez and Mosley is much more than Manny beating Hatton, Oscar, and Diaz.
manMYTHlegend
why do people still think manny is vulnerable to powerful welters like mosley? what else does he have to do to prove that he is the best pound for pound fighter right now? mayweather is no longer pound for pound best...even if he never did lose it, manny has done TEN TIMES more than mayweather, and he has earned the spot with his fists... I doubted him against DLH and Hatton and I WONT DO it again... manny has just as much power as mosley...manny utilizes bruce lee like punching techniques to get as much power as fighters 50 pounds heavier than him...I think he beats mosley fairly easily, in a de la hoya type fashion...

it literally will take a freak like paul williams to beat manny...or floyd mayweather....no one else in the jr. welter and welter has a chance of beating him but these two....HAHAHAH WHO THE FUCK SAID HE SHOULD FIGHT BRADLEY? HAHAHA BRADLEY IS A BUM that barely got by junior the shitter witter...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (manMYTHlegend @ May 3 2009, 09:41 PM) *
why do people still think manny is vulnerable to powerful welters like mosley? what else does he have to do to prove that he is the best pound for pound fighter right now? mayweather is no longer pound for pound best...even if he never did lose it, manny has done TEN TIMES more than mayweather, and he has earned the spot with his fists... I doubted him against DLH and Hatton and I WONT DO it again... manny has just as much power as mosley...manny utilizes bruce lee like punching techniques to get as much power as fighters 50 pounds heavier than him...I think he beats mosley fairly easily, in a de la hoya type fashion...

it literally will take a freak like paul williams to beat manny...or floyd mayweather....no one else in the jr. welter and welter has a chance of beating him but these two....HAHAHAH WHO THE FUCK SAID HE SHOULD FIGHT BRADLEY? HAHAHA BRADLEY IS A BUM that barely got by junior the shitter witter...

You were doing well with your post until you let that one out.
AussieLad
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 4 2009, 02:28 AM) *
I think PBF, Mosley, Marquez and Cotto should freeze him out and fight each other. He needs them to make the huge fights especially after PBF beats down Marquez. Manny's my man but he ain't no Oscar. Come up to 147 or no fight. Floyd beating Marquez and Mosley is much more than Mannu beating Hatton, Oscar, and Diaz.

Seems to me like your setting up some excuses in advance for floyd so that the fight can be made under his conditions, ie at welter.

Why would marquez be in a position to freeze manny out, especially after he gets beaten by floyd. Floyd is his retirement swan song payday. After that fight i dare say he will retire.

They are already lining up a cotto fight, and cotto will no doubt see the money in facing Pac, a fighter he has a better chance of beating than floyd due to the size difference.

Floyd won't fight mosely, so why should pacman? Shane has mentioned he wants mayweather at least as recently as february this year. That fight is there to be made. It wont happen

Pac holds all the cards. IMO he should try and force mayweather to a 140 fight. Floyd has already conceded a catchweight fight for marquez hasnt he, 144 or some shit like that? If so, it shouldnt be too much of a stretch to drop another 4 pounds for a guy who supposedly is a small welter.

Floyd wont like having his own tactics used against him, the fucking cunt that he is. Time to make some concessions floyd if you really wanna be p4p no. 1 again, your not the top dog anymore
manMYTHlegend
floyd mayweather jr. is not special like manny is...he is a once a decade type of fighter...manny is a once in a LIFETIME fighter...floyd is great, but manny TRANSCENDS greatness....mayweather jr. is a top 50 all time best...Manny is top 5 and thats just as of now, when all is said and done we might see something real special here guys...im talking about greatest fighter of all time legacy....

and his humbleness and personality make him all the much more special...anyone can act like like a tool and talk shit like mayweather and ali, BUT NO ONE can throw them hands like manny...im telling you guys, were witnessing something very special here...seriously, look at all the other greats in this fistic era, like hopkins and mayweather...they are fucking tools and FAKE..manny is REAL...

that being said, manny DICTATES the show, not mayweather...manny brings wayy more money and publicity than mayweather...well, publicity, mayweather gets a lot too...but money, just like the oscar fight where he made floyd rich...manny brings the money, manny is the best fighter in the world, and MANNY calls the shots...
JD
I think the notion of Floyd, Cotto, Marquez and Mosley feezing Pacquiao out is hilarious.

manMYTHlegend
hahah exactly JD....it is hillarious that mayweather thinks in his own little mind that he is as great as manny....mayweather thinks people paid to see him box, whereas people pay to see OSCAR and HATTON....floyd is BAD for boxing, manny is good...

is there really even a contest AS OF NOW, anyway, as to who is better? manny has fought WAYY better competition, is WAYYY more exciting to watch, and is even a bit faster than floyd, and more powerful.....i cant get off manny's nuts right now, i know...but this guy has talent that puts mayweathers to shame...and his personality? come on, it does not get any greater than manny....

after seeing how manny could take hattons few shots that did land, i think he really will beat floyd....

HAHAHA, paul williams vs. manny pacquiao, anyone?
Sugar Q
QUOTE (manMYTHlegend @ May 3 2009, 11:11 PM) *
hahah exactly JD....it is hillarious that mayweather thinks in his own little mind that he is as great as manny....mayweather thinks people paid to see him box, whereas people pay to see OSCAR and HATTON....floyd is BAD for boxing, manny is good...

is there really even a contest AS OF NOW, anyway, as to who is better? manny has fought WAYY better competition, is WAYYY more exciting to watch, and is even a bit faster than floyd, and more powerful.....i cant get off manny's nuts right now, i know...but this guy has talent that puts mayweathers to shame...and his personality? come on, it does not get any greater than manny....

after seeing how manny could take hattons few shots that did land, i think he really will beat floyd....

HAHAHA, paul williams vs. manny pacquiao, anyone?

Wow Manny beats Hatton now you think he can beat Williams. You got jokes my dude. Manny will probably want PW to come down to 135,lol.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (JD @ May 3 2009, 11:06 PM) *
I think the notion of Floyd, Cotto, Marquez and Mosley feezing Pacquiao out is hilarious.

JD your an intelligent guy. What would Manny do if the the big dawgs refuse to bend to his demands. Who will bring him the big money? He don't have many options out there especially if he wants to maintain his big dawg status. You need a big dawg dance partner to be a big dawg. Ain't nobody at 135-140 that's gonna bring those kinda dollars. Manny/PBF, Manny/Mosley, Manny/Cotto, Manny/Marquez 3 is where the big bucks are.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (AussieLad @ May 3 2009, 10:57 PM) *
Seems to me like your setting up some excuses in advance for floyd so that the fight can be made under his conditions, ie at welter.

Why would marquez be in a position to freeze manny out, especially after he gets beaten by floyd. Floyd is his retirement swan song payday. After that fight i dare say he will retire.

They are already lining up a cotto fight, and cotto will no doubt see the money in facing Pac, a fighter he has a better chance of beating than floyd due to the size difference.

Floyd won't fight mosely, so why should pacman? Shane has mentioned he wants mayweather at least as recently as february this year. That fight is there to be made. It wont happen

Pac holds all the cards. IMO he should try and force mayweather to a 140 fight. Floyd has already conceded a catchweight fight for marquez hasnt he, 144 or some shit like that? If so, it shouldnt be too much of a stretch to drop another 4 pounds for a guy who supposedly is a small welter.

Floyd wont like having his own tactics used against him, the fucking cunt that he is. Time to make some concessions floyd if you really wanna be p4p no. 1 again, your not the top dog anymore

All Floyd has to do is beat Marquez and Mosley and he's the man. Hatton, Oscar and Diaz will be just what it is "ok". Then if Manny is still talking slick PBF can go fight the Clottey/Cotto winner. Who would Manny fight at that point that will mean much? Floyd can then fight Spinks or even Williams. I assure you if Manny doesn't fight the PBF/Marquez winner PBF will fight Spinks or Mosley.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (manMYTHlegend @ May 4 2009, 03:05 AM) *
...seriously, look at all the other greats in this fistic era, like hopkins and mayweather...they are fucking tools and FAKE..manny is REAL...

I knew it was only a matter of time before they came up like a infected boil.
AussieLad
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 4 2009, 05:32 AM) *
Except why would you want to try freeze Pacquiao out? He has went out of his way and made tough fights, Floyd hasn't. If anyone deserves to be frozen out it's Mayweather and not Pacquiao.

Because SugarQ hasn't finished icing floyds nuts just yet, thats why. He would rather a fake ass, cherrypickin, big mouth, fight dodging, plastic fantastic fighter be p4p no.1.

It's easier for pbf to get back the number 1 if everyone freezes pac out, that way floyd doesnt actually have to fight anyone.

Manny targets the big dawgs. Floyd targets decrepit chihahuas

Honestly, who doesnt wanna see pac vs cotto? Only the mayweather huggers who are scared that pac might just win
manMYTHlegend
here is the way i see it going down.....one of two ways...I'll tell you the man that determines which route will play out..JOSHUA CLOTTEY...if cotto gets by clottey in at least semi-convincing fashion that will set up a much needed and anticipated cotto/mosley II sometime in late fall or early winter....the winner of mayweather/marquez fights manny, then the winner of that fight takes on cotto or mosley for the undisputed CHAMPION of this fistic era......if cotto loses, then he is out of the entire picture, and it makes the BIG picture much less confusing...mosley will simply fight manny in late fall/early winter, and winner of pacquiao/mosley will take on winner of marquez/mayweather....so, as you can see, the one man who's name is not mentioned in the battle for pugilistic supremacy, ironically plays the biggest role in determining just exactly how this new-found drama will ultimately unfold.....will clottey take out cotto, and make the picture easier? or will clottey eliminate cotto from the pound for pound sweepstakes?
torvix2000
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 4 2009, 04:48 AM) *
All Floyd has to do is beat Marquez and Mosley and he's the man.

Makes me wonder, STILL, why he even retired. LOL! If he even retired at all.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (manMYTHlegend @ May 4 2009, 01:17 AM) *
here is the way i see it going down.....one of two ways...I'll tell you the man that determines which route will play out..JOSHUA CLOTTEY...if cotto gets by clottey in at least semi-convincing fashion that will set up a much needed and anticipated cotto/mosley II sometime in late fall or early winter....the winner of mayweather/marquez fights manny, then the winner of that fight takes on cotto or mosley for the undisputed CHAMPION of this fistic era......if cotto loses, then he is out of the entire picture, and it makes the BIG picture much less confusing...mosley will simply fight manny in late fall/early winter, and winner of pacquiao/mosley will take on winner of marquez/mayweather....so, as you can see, the one man who's name is not mentioned in the battle for pugilistic supremacy, ironically plays the biggest role in determining just exactly how this new-found drama will ultimately unfold.....will clottey take out cotto, and make the picture easier? or will clottey eliminate cotto from the pound for pound sweepstakes?

Clottey ain't gonna beat Cotto.

I see Manny/Cotto going down later this year the questions will be.............

Can Manny take Cotto left hooks
Can Cotto take Manny's straight left
Can Manny take Cotto's body work
Can Cotto deal with Manny's speed

I say the fight is a toss obviously alot of people are riding high on Pac right now but Cotto ain't no Hatton this will be a war.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 3 2009, 11:48 PM) *
All Floyd has to do is beat Marquez and Mosley and he's the man. Hatton, Oscar and Diaz will be just what it is "ok". Then if Manny is still talking slick PBF can go fight the Clottey/Cotto winner. Who would Manny fight at that point that will mean much? Floyd can then fight Spinks or even Williams. I assure you if Manny doesn't fight the PBF/Marquez winner PBF will fight Spinks or Mosley.

Thats some funny sh!t... Floyd aint fighting any of those guys. The only one he MAY fight would [probably be Spinks. Plus it wasnt so much that Manny beat those guys. It was HOW he beat them. He brutally stopped all 3. Mayweather isnt that impressive or explosive.
Fitz
Only reason Floyd may fight a Cotto now or something is because Pacquiao twisted his arm. Before Mayweather was able to just say he was the best and that was that, he didn't have to fight those guys and didn't. Now there is someone better, people won't swallow what he says and he must fight certain guys to take over. Pacquiao may be indirectly making Mayweather do things he didn't want to do.
manMYTHlegend
Certainly mayweather would not come back to fight juan, and then retire again? mayweather will fight at least ONE of the top three whether it be manny, cotto, or manny...also, although i am the leading voice that juan beat manny twice, i think manny has gotten ten fold better since his last fight with juan, and he would take him out. personally, i still see manny fighting mosley next, as he is the only one without a fight...then i think cotto will fight mayweather, assuming they both win, which they probably will...and then my prediction is mayweather gets by cotto and manny beats shane, thus setting up the real DREAM MATCH...manny vs. mayweather...

This next year will be full of hype, anticipation, and hopefully we will get some legendary fights outta the whole deal...i still think manny is something special...mayweather is a great fighter, but manny transcends any level of greatness a human could ever achieve....WHAT DO U THINK?

i thought my post about clottey being the man that determines how all this drama unfolds was a damn good write up! i thought it wuold easily belong in the ring magazine...haha, no one else thought it was interesting and original?
AussieLad
QUOTE (manMYTHlegend @ May 4 2009, 08:04 AM) *
mayweather will fight at least ONE of the top three whether it be manny, cotto, or manny...

manMYTHlegends p4p list

1) Manny
2)Manny
3) Pacman
..... etc.... LOL ok.gif
JD
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 3 2009, 11:34 PM) *
JD your an intelligent guy. What would Manny do if the the big dwags refuse to bend to his demands. Who will bring him the big money? He don't have many options out there especially if he wants to maintain his big dawg status. You need a big dawg dance partner to be a big dawg. Ain't nobody at 135-140 that's gonna bring those kinda dollars. Manny/PBF, Manny/Mosley, Manny/Cotto, Manny/Marquez 3 is where the big bucks are.

Sugar...it's all a negotiation.

These guys are less apt to freeze Pacquiao than they are Floyd because of who they are all with. In reality, it would be a lot easier to freeze Floyd out because Marquez and Mosley are Golden Boy, while Pacquiao and Cotto are Top Rank. Floyd is with neither. But we all know that money talks.

In the end, I think we get Pacquiao - Mayweather, and Cotto - Mosley II...they will probably do Marquez - Valero at 140 because odds are, Juan Manuel Marquez will be the one without a dance partner. No matter what happens, Pacquiao and Floyd will both have options - regardless what anyone from the other side wants to say, it just means taking difficult fights. Floyd came back for the Pacquiao fight...nothing else, I find it hard to imagine the fight not getting made.
Spyder
QUOTE (JD @ May 4 2009, 08:10 AM) *
Sugar...it's all a negotiation.

These guys are less apt to freeze Pacquiao than they are Floyd because of who they are all with. In reality, it would be a lot easier to freeze Floyd out because Marquez and Mosley are Golden Boy, while Pacquiao and Cotto are Top Rank. Floyd is with neither. But we all know that money talks.

In the end, I think we get Pacquiao - Mayweather, and Cotto - Mosley II...they will probably do Marquez - Valero at 140 because odds are, Juan Manuel Marquez will be the one without a dance partner. No matter what happens, Pacquiao and Floyd will both have options - regardless what anyone from the other side wants to say, it just means taking difficult fights. Floyd came back for the Pacquiao fight...nothing else, I find it hard to imagine the fight not getting made.

I wish those matchups would be the ones we got, however Mayweather-Pacquiao is gonna be next to impossible to sign. I really don't think either side will budge on the key differences.

The more likely matchups will be Pacquiao-Cotto and Mayweather-Mosley...not bad fights, but not the ones we REALLY want.
BGv2.0
Little Manny beating the hell out of all the guys that are bigger than him.....I say go for it all....let him KO Wlad! lol
Method
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 3 2009, 08:26 PM) *
Why should it be 50/50? Pac is in the box seat not Floyd. Floyd will pull a Roy & demand ridiculous $$ & a higher PPV percentage & when he does not get it he will be "justified" in not making the fight.

A fucking Men
Douchebag
Am I the only one that does not see a Pacquiao - Mosley fight ever being made. I can see a Cotto - Pac fight as there is a chance that Pac may be able to hurt Cotto (I still think Cotto handles him). But Mosley's chin is on another level and he is fast enough and boxes well enough just manhandle Manny. I don't see Roach letting that fight happen.
Method
Roach already said no to it at 147. I doubt Shane can make 140.
dbdbdb
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ May 4 2009, 01:33 PM) *
Little Manny beating the hell out of all the guys that are bigger than him.....I say go for it all....let him KO Wlad! lol

LMFAO!!!!! laugh.gif

Here's something to consider. Pre-fight {Hattom vs Pac-Man} and post-fight, HBO was already hyping a bout between Pac-Man and Floyd. Don't think for a second that HBO won't be willing to kick in some paper to help make the fight happen. Its a business decision and it has big money written all over it. Plus on the upside, there's only Arum - Top Rank & Floyd - Mayweather Promotions to deal with not GBP and their cut.

Now Floyd may play games initially -- But Pac-Man is the P4P #1 and Floyd wants claim to that title. So if Floyd can get close to what he wants for that fight .... its a done deal.

There is an outlet for both Mosley & Cotto and that is to fight each other. Top Rank wins all the way around in this combination {Floyd vs Pac-Man, Cotto vs Mosley II} than any other match-up to conclude the year 2009 fight schedule.

Its a smart business decision for Arum.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 4 2009, 03:21 AM) *
Thats some funny sh!t... Floyd aint fighting any of those guys. The only one he MAY fight would [probably be Spinks. Plus it wasnt so much that Manny beat those guys. It was HOW he beat them. He brutally stopped all 3. Mayweather isnt that impressive or explosive.

As a dude with a pretty good boxing IQ I think you should dig a little deeper. If you do you wont come up with just How Pacquiao defeated his opponents but WHEN he defeated them. Great job in defeating them but you can't overlook when he did it. "After the damage was done and the blueprints were laid". Again mad props to Manny for getting the job done but Oscar had a hard time with Forbes, Hatton was stupid and hasn't really looked the same since returning from 147 (although I picked him to win) and David Diaz is not even an after thought. Floyd will definitely fight Manny (unless someone else knocks him off) and Shane and he's already fighting Marquez the only long shot is Williams but everybody else is highly probable.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 4 2009, 02:21 PM) *
As a dude with a pretty good boxing IQ I think you should dig a little deeper. If you do you wont come up with just How Pacquiao defeated his opponents but WHEN he defeated them. Great job in defeating them but you can't overlook when he did it. "After the damage was done and the blueprints were laid". Again mad props to Manny for getting the job done but Oscar had a hard time with Forbes, Hatton was stupid and hasn't really looked the same since returning from 147 (although I picked him to win) and David Diaz is not even an after thought. Floyd will definitely fight Manny (unless someone else knocks him off) and Shane and he's already fighting Marquez the only long shot is Williams but everybody else is highly probable.

He looked the same as ever, lunging in with his chin up and clinching like Ruiz. That was the same Hatton that Mayweather fought only difference is Pacquiao didn't waste any time trying to break him down.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 4 2009, 03:32 PM) *
He looked the same as ever, lunging in with his chin up and clinching like Ruiz. That was the same Hatton that Mayweather fought only difference is Pacquiao didn't waste any time trying to break him down.

I take nothing away from Manny I just really look forward to seeing him in with PBF, Mosley or Cotto. We as fight fans deserve to see these guys get it on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.