Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DLH's chin
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kidbazooka1
As much as i dislike DLH i have to give the guy props for takeing all of those shost from Manny without ever going down or really ever being stunned.

Regardless if DLH was dehydrated or past his best he took some brutal shots from Manny for 8 rd's the same shot that flattened Hatton.
JD
DLH has always been credited with a terrific chin.
D-MARV
Hoya's chin has never been in question... dntknw.gif
kidbazooka1
I know his chin has been pretty good through out the years but considering the weight issue along with his age takeing the punches he took without going down speaks volumes.
Lil-lightsout
I always thought Oscar had a good chin.
BrutalBodyShots
Also keep in mind that the huge left that Pacquiao landed was very early in the fight and was the first huge left of the fight that he landed. When you get hit with a huge shot you don't see coming early in a fight you react different than when you get caught with those same shots later.

For example Marquez went down early against Pac multiple times, but the same shots didn't put him down later in the fight.

Not to say Hatton wouldn't have been knocked out by that shot later, but he probably wouldn't have been laid out for a 5 minute duration had he been warmed up and taken more shots prior.

I only watched Pacquiao-DLH once, but don't recall Pac landing a shot on DLH early like the one he landed on Hatton. Pac landed a bunch of crisp one two's but I can't remember him torking up on a huge left hook to DLH's chin really early on the way he did to Hatton.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ May 4 2009, 04:49 PM) *
Also keep in mind that the huge left that Pacquiao landed was very early in the fight and was the first huge left of the fight that he landed. When you get hit with a huge shot you don't see coming early in a fight you react different than when you get caught with those same shots later.

For example Marquez went down early against Pac multiple times, but the same shots didn't put him down later in the fight.

Not to say Hatton wouldn't have been knocked out by that shot later, but he probably wouldn't have been laid out for a 5 minute duration had he been warmed up and taken more shots prior.

I only watched Pacquiao-DLH once, but don't recall Pac landing a shot on DLH early like the one he landed on Hatton. Pac landed a bunch of crisp one two's but I can't remember him torking up on a huge left hook to DLH's chin really early on the way he did to Hatton.

That is what worried me the most about Hatton, getting caught early not even worrying about his defense. I was hoping he would eventually get used to Pac's punches too, but he did get caught real early which did not help. But I will say this, the reason that punch was so devastating to Hatton mainly because he did not see it. Hatton fought stupid and did not respect Pac's speed or power. With Oscar, he saw most all of Pac's punches and could brace for them. Plus Oscar overall has a better chin than Hatton.
JLUVBABY
oscars beard was never weird...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.