Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dawson Vs Tarver: Predictions
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
D-MARV
Who you got?

I'm rolling with Dawson via TKO11
Douchebag
Dawson is going to decapitate him this time.
dbdbdb
Deja Vu of the first fight ..... Only this time Milk-Dud can't demand a rematch.
Jack 1000
Dawson by a WIDE, HUGE UD (almost a shutout) in a fight that will make you appreciate the reason for the Delete Key on your Tivo or DVR, UGGH!!! This one sucks! Scores will be for Dawson: 118-110, 119-109, and 120-108.

Jack

PS. HBO should call this, "When Insomniacs Sleep."
Romulus9
As much as I'm wishing and hoping for a brutal Dawson KO, I'm talking Julian Jackson-Herol Graham brutal, I don't think it happens. Tarver is just good enough defensively to keep that from happening.

Instead, I agree with Jack. Dawson wins a ridiculously wide unanimous decision that make de la Hoya-Camacho seem like one of the Robinson-Basilio fights.
The CEO
Same here...easy win for Dawson again....wide UD.
Mean Mister Mustard
I wouldn't be surprised to see Dawson take this fight lightly and make it more competitive than it was the 1st time. Don't forget that Tarver can still crack and if he catches Dawson he might put him on his ass and make it close.

Dawson fought about as well as he could in that first fight but he still pulled shit like when he stopped throwing punches and covered up, or when he stopped jabbing or even fading in the last round even though he dropped Tarver in that one. What I'm trying to get at is that if he still had those flaws when he was 100%, they could become tenfold if he doesnt take this one seriously.

Now despite all that, Dawson still is too fast for Tarver and at his age, speed will be his biggest enemy. I for one am not too angry, like some members of the media are, that this fight is happening. Dawson's combos were superb to watch against Tarver the first time and I don't mind seeing them again.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
This fight reminds me of Wright-Mosley 2. Wright beat Mosley easily the first time, but wasn't as focused in the rematch and won a close decision. Tarver seems to do well in rematches as well. Dawson should win this fight though with his speed and activity. I see him controlling the action with that jab, and just being the busier fighter. Tarver will get his shots in, but it just won't be enough. I got Dawson by 116-112 type UD.
salvador
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ May 4 2009, 02:49 PM) *
This fight reminds me of Wright-Mosley 2. Wright beat Mosley easily the first time, but wasn't as focused in the rematch and won a close decision. Tarver seems to do well in rematches as well. Dawson should win this fight though with his speed and activity. I see him controlling the action with that jab, and just being the busier fighter. Tarver will get his shots in, but it just won't be enough. I got Dawson by 116-112 type UD.

I agree with you for the most part, but I think Dawson will train just as hard, and the difference will be that Tarver will train harder and will be more aggressive. Tarver knows this is his very last shot and, while I believe he'll lose a decision on speed and activity, I also believe Tarver will look better this time around. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Tarver land a really big shot or two within the first few rounds.

116-112 sounds about right.
Lil-lightsout
Screw it, Tarver by KO. I never seen Tarver look so bad the first time around, like he was pushing his punches. Dawson will be overconfident and get caught at some point. I know it is a stretch, but what the heck, not like anyone(CEO) will bust chops and rub it in your face around here for a bad pick. LOL.
The CEO
lol...you brought that shit on yourself....a former Hatton Hate Wagon Member sayin' Hatton this and Hatton that....I want you to know that still bothers me how you flipped from Hater to supporter.....

The only reason I was bein' so vocal and over the top was to build up the fight and bring excitement to our board....to spice it up....I think I accomplished that....plus, I ALSO think I'm bein' pretty cool as The Big Winner...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 4 2009, 06:22 PM) *
lol...you brought that shit on yourself....a former Hatton Hate Wagon Member sayin' Hatton this and Hatton that....I want you to know that still bothers me how you flipped from Hater to supporter.....

The only reason I was bein' so vocal and over the top was to build up the fight and bring excitement to our board....to spice it up....I think I accomplished that....plus, I ALSO think I'm bein' pretty cool as The Big Winner...

It really is amazing to see you with no sig anymore and a different avatar.

The CEO is a fascinating animal. Every 2 years when Hatton fights, The CEO's thyculiar gland starts releases hateamine, a chemical only found in 5% of boxing fans. Hateamine increases the heart rate, dilates the pupil and sends the CEO into a state of near maniacal hate. It's avatar and sig changes into a hard bold text, which insults lesser fighters. Once Hatton loses the metamorphosis ends and the CEO reverts to his normal state until the next time Hatton engages in a mega fight.
The CEO
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 4 2009, 09:04 PM) *
It really is amazing to see you with no sig anymore and a different avatar.

The CEO is a fascinating animal. Every 2 years when Hatton fights, The CEO's thyculiar gland starts releases hateamine, a chemical only found in 5% of boxing fans. Hateamine increases the heart rate, dilates the pupil and sends the CEO into a state of near maniacal hate. It's avatar and sig changes into a hard bold text, which insults lesser fighters. Once Hatton loses the metamorphosis ends and the CEO reverts to his normal state until the next time Hatton engages in a mega fight.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

One for The Time Capsule right there....I knew it was gonna be a classic before I even got to "hateamine"....

thumbsup_anim.gif
JLUVBABY
who picked tarver in this fight?.... the votes show 1 for tarver....
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 4 2009, 03:39 PM) *
Screw it, Tarver by KO.

Ha ha, that's funny

You willing to do a sig bet?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 4 2009, 03:39 PM) *
Screw it, Tarver by KO. I never seen Tarver look so bad the first time around, like he was pushing his punches. Dawson will be overconfident and get caught at some point. I know it is a stretch, but what the heck, not like anyone(CEO) will bust chops and rub it in your face around here for a bad pick. LOL.

I picked the underdog in Hatton/Pac-man but I have to pick Tarver in this fight..Like Lightsout said,he has never looked so bad as he did in the first fight..Tarver has been fading the last 2 years BUT the deciding factor for me is that he has never lost a rematch..Do I think Tarver would take this fight knowing he might lose that from his career legacy(never losing in a rematch),I don't think so...I think Tarver now knows he can't slack or fuck around like he has the last few years..

I could be wrong in back to back weekends,but whatever..It's a long shot..I think if Tarver pulls this off,only me and lightsout will be the only 2 to be right about it..Ya all know I'm a Tarver fan..How could you not like him after watching his fights with Johnson??He fought his ass off both times..One of my favorite things Tarver does is that he always switches up his speed and power on almost all of his punches..You can never be too safe when fighting him cause he could make ya think he is comin slow but comes fast and with power like he did against Roy in the second fight..

By the way,I'm a huge Dawson fan and he is the future of boxing..He and Paul Williams are going to give us a lot of amazing fights down the road..Maybe even my fantasy fight with the 2 of them will happen too..Dawson is the favorite,just like Pac-man was..If he wins,it won't shock me but Tarver always does improve in rematches..To say he'll get beat even worse is crazy in my opinion..The only way he could be beat worse is if Dawson beats his ass the whole fight and KO's him late..I don't see that happening..Remember how tired he was at the end of the first Glen Johnson fight and he finished the fight standing up??
Al Hata

I expect Dawson to win almost every round.
King Eugene
I got Dawson by UD or even a possible late round stoppage. Tarver's defense is a little underrated even though I hate the fucker! I still believe there is a chance he gets caught trying to go to the body and will get wobbled. I swear fo lawd if this happens and Dawson stops him...I'll be running up and down the street screaming "How ya like that you black fucka" like a damn maniac!
D-MARV
Tarver has about a 3% chance of beating Dawson.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ May 4 2009, 10:37 PM) *
Ha ha, that's funny

You willing to do a sig bet?

Uh...no.

Not really funny, just taking a chance on Tarver. Adamak had CD down, and Glenn had hit him hurt a few times. Tarver looked like he had nothing in there first fight. If he made some changes and gets his power and snap back, he might be able to catch Dawson. I will say Dawson is an awesome offensive machine in there and it is going to be a very tough fight for Tarver to win.
Romulus9
I despise Tarver. I hope Dawson knocks him cold.
rusty_trombone
i predict that Tarver will whine like a bitch, using only cliches at the end of this fight, regardless of how bad he loses.
Imperius3
Tarver will do better this time, but his only chance is to land that Roy Jones KO punch once again. I don't think it'll happen, and I expect Dawson to win a competitive 8-4 decision.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ May 5 2009, 09:46 PM) *
Tarver will do better this time, but his only chance is to land that Roy Jones KO punch once again. I don't think it'll happen, and I expect Dawson to win a competitive 8-4 decision.

He can land that punch all he wants because he won't be landing it on a fighter who has just come down 30 pounds, two weight divisions, WAY too fast, drastically reducing his ability to take a good shot. Losing that weight that fast is a killer. Antonio should know after his fight with Hopkins, the Rocky movie, and all that good stuff.

Tarver is screwed.

Dawson. BIG.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ May 5 2009, 11:40 PM) *
He can land that punch all he wants because he won't be landing it on a fighter who has just come down 30 pounds, two weight divisions, WAY too fast, drastically reducing his ability to take a good shot. Losing that weight that fast is a killer. Antonio should know after his fight with Hopkins, the Rocky movie, and all that good stuff.

Tarver is screwed.

Dawson. BIG.

Tarver can sneak in a good left hand,no doubt about it..It could be an uppercut or it could be a straight..So,I wouldn't be too sure of your statement..He lost a UD to Harding then came back and TKO'd his ass in the 5th..This is it for Tarver and he knows it..He is fighting for his career this Saturday..

You talk about about Roy losing weight too fast,well what did Tarver do against Hopkins??He lost his full heavyweight body(220 lbs) to come down..Roy only was 196 lbs when he came down..Roy lost a shit load of muscle weight which effected him..Do I think Tarver would have beaten Hopkins anyway??Probably not but I do know he would of done better in the fight than he did..Tarver did land more jabs than Hopkins in that fight,but Hopkins landed everything else..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 6 2009, 02:09 AM) *
Tarver is rubbish. If they fought earlier or in there primes it would have been worse for Tarver. Hopkins would have beaten him from pillar to post and beat him down like a red headed step child.

Tarver was worse in his earlier days than he was around the Johnson fights..
The Original MrFactor
I dont see a whole lot each guy will do differently. I expect Tarver to perhaps jump on Dawson when Dawson checks out for half a round at times. Tarver will try to appear busier at those moments, maybe stealing a round or 2. However, i do think Dawson will turn up the heat at the right moments like he always does and win another decision. Maybe a round or 2 closer than the 1st one.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 5 2009, 08:49 AM) *
Uh...no.

Not confident in your pick?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 6 2009, 03:09 AM) *
Tarver is rubbish. If they fought earlier or in there primes it would have been worse for Tarver. Hopkins would have beaten him from pillar to post and beat him down like a red headed step child.

I agree, Tarver is rubbish
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ May 6 2009, 02:30 PM) *
Not confident in your pick?

Not completely.

I just figure Dawson can not look any better than last time, and Tarver has got to do better this time. I just would not count him out. Tarver by KO!
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 6 2009, 03:09 AM) *

Same goes for Jones, hell Toney would have whooped that ass in his prime too. Tarver aint shit...I hate that DUDE!
King Eugene

http://www.boxingscene.com/media/showphoto...nt/limit/recent
Is that Buddy McGirt I see back there? Yep yep...I'm putting money on Dawson by KO

yep thats Buddy alright
Tarvers face looks suckin in.
D-MARV
Well... That's that. I expect to see another corner stoppage around 10th round.
Romulus9
Yeah, I'm changing my pick as well.

Dawson on a merciful stoppage.

Nothing good comes from having Buddy McGirt in your corner.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 4 2009, 10:55 PM) *
I have to pick Tarver in this fight..

I'm a huge Dawson fan and he is the future of boxing..

Uh, Jonny...If Tarver wins this fight Chad Dawson ain't the future of jack shit.

My pick is Dawson by CLOSE UD, with a couple legitimate scares. Tarver is washed up and that will keep him from winning what I think could be a VERY winnable fight. I don't know what it is about Dawson, but I just don't like the dude. I think he's one stupid ass move away from getting KTFO. I don't like how he takes 90 seconds of each round off. One of these days it's going to cost him dearly.

Granted, wins over Adamek, Johnson and, yes, old ass Tarver is a very impressive resume recently. But I question this guy's chin and I question his intelligence. I do not believe he's going to be a real player in the division for very long. I just have a not-so-joyous feeling about the guy.

Basically I think he's a dipshit. And if there's one thing I can't stand, it's a dipshit.
MarzB
If I didn't know boxing, from reading this thread I'd be lead to believing that Tarver is an overhyped, big mouth TOMATO CAN with no credentials or past success to boot.

That said, the likelihood of Tarver winning is very slim but lets not kid ourselves in saying Tarver doesn't have a chance. Thats ridiculous.

With exception to the Hopkins loss, Tarver's loses dealt a lot with his; poor preparation, conditioning, being flat.

The first Glen Johnson fight I thought Tarver won but judges nowadays reward activity vs. selective effectiveness so I see how he lost that fight. But he adjusted very well to Glen in the second fight.

The problems I see for Tarver is that his legs appear to be gone and the only way he can interupt Chad's speedy attack is with effective counter punching in between Chad's shots and better footwork (making Chad have to adjust to him). The latter I don't think he can accomplish but he may have a surprise in store.

Tarver does one thing I can't when he fights and thats these "pitter patter" flurries that do absolutely nothing. If he's going to beat Chad, he'll have to combine the counters along with effective clinching and land some big shots hoping that Chad will be desperate.

Theres more for Tarver to improve upon his piss poor performance last time than there is Chad. But Tarver has to be ready for the challenge. If he's in good condition and can sustain Chad's attack and do what I suggested above, it'll be a LOT closer fight than the first one and Tarver could pull an upset.

I don't think it's likely but it's not impossible.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Big Slim @ May 7 2009, 05:14 PM) *
Uh, Jonny...If Tarver wins this fight Chad Dawson ain't the future of jack shit.

My pick is Dawson by CLOSE UD, with a couple legitimate scares. Tarver is washed up and that will keep him from winning what I think could be a VERY winnable fight. I don't know what it is about Dawson, but I just don't like the dude. I think he's one stupid ass move away from getting KTFO. I don't like how he takes 90 seconds of each round off. One of these days it's going to cost him dearly.

Granted, wins over Adamek, Johnson and, yes, old ass Tarver is a very impressive resume recently. But I question this guy's chin and I question his intelligence. I do not believe he's going to be a real player in the division for very long. I just have a not-so-joyous feeling about the guy.

Basically I think he's a dipshit. And if there's one thing I can't stand, it's a dipshit.

WOW... I can assure you that Dawson is far from a dipshit. And if he was dumb and had a suspect chin then he would have been KO'd already.. I like the guy, he's one helluva fighter and will be around for a long time...

Tarver has absolutely NO CHANCE in winning this fight. This is a bigger mismatch than Marquez-Mayweather.
(not Hatton-Pacquiao though. LOL)
Fitz
QUOTE (MarzB @ May 8 2009, 01:01 PM) *
If I didn't know boxing, from reading this thread I'd be lead to believing that Tarver is an overhyped, big mouth TOMATO CAN with no credentials or past success to boot.

Lucky you have eyes to see all this for yourself though, aye? laugh.gif
Method
Tarver sure as hell looks to be in great shape. I know that doesn't necessarily translate well in the ring, but in their first go-round, he looked flat out SOFT!

I expect the fight to go down as a closer than the first decision win for Chad, but cant help but think Tarver may be a much liver dog this time.

Who knows.

Tarver is on the brink of extinction going into this Saturday. It's ALL on the line for him.

We'll see.

But again, he looks to be in very good shape. Perhaps the postponement due to Dawson's injury was good for Tarver's conditioning, as he usually spends most of camp trying to make Lt Heavy (from north of 210lbs). This time, he had the weight shed for the first fight, the fight gets postponed, he maintains that conditioning and then has a lot of time to work on honing his skills and a game plan. Again, we'll see. given how bad he was worked in the first dance with Dawson, that's tough to see, but whatever...

Unlike most here, I think Buddy being in Tarver's corner this time around (he was not there for their first fight), is a good thing for Tarver. unlike most of buddy's charges, he and Tarver actually get on good together.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 7 2009, 10:05 PM) *
WOW... I can assure you that Dawson is far from a dipshit.

Do you know him personally?
D-MARV
QUOTE (Big Slim @ May 8 2009, 03:57 PM) *
Do you know him personally?

LOL... no I don't. But from his actions in and outside of the ring I don't see how you come to the conclusion that he is a dipshit.
Thegreatequalizer
i'm sure tarver will do better this time and will come in more motivated, but i don't see him being able to win a decision. dawson is just too busy. if tarver wins it'll likely be due to ko or at least some kd's. but i think dawson will come away with another w.
Fitz
QUOTE (Method @ May 9 2009, 04:28 AM) *
he usually spends most of camp trying to make Lt Heavy (from north of 210lbs).

Yep, yet some guys try to focus too much on this regarding the Hopkins fight.
D-MARV
I put down $100 for a Dawson stoppage @+280.

Tarver is 172, I believe that is a career low.
Nay_Sayer
Where are the weigh in pics?
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 8 2009, 08:09 PM) *
I put down $100 for a Dawson stoppage @+280.

Tarver is 172, I believe that is a career low.

172?? That sounds like he over-trained. Shades of Pac-DLH, Golota-Bowe 2?

Dipshit by stoppage might not be a bad bet. (ok, maybe he's not really a dipshit).
BrutalBodyShots
I'm probably going to lay a bit on Dawson inside the distance... not 100% sure though, gonna think about it this afternoon a bit more.

The worst thing that could possibly happen is Tarver landing a lucky Jones II punch on Dawson... I couldn't even imagine all the crap Tarver would talk if he came away with the W somehow.

Anyway I'm on the fence as to whether or not Dawson stops Tarver this time around or wins on the cards again. We'll see.

D-MARV
QUOTE (Big Slim @ May 9 2009, 06:25 AM) *
172?? That sounds like he over-trained. Shades of Pac-DLH, Golota-Bowe 2?

Dipshit by stoppage might not be a bad bet. (ok, maybe he's not really a dipshit).

LOL
MarzB
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ May 8 2009, 10:27 PM) *
Where are the weigh in pics?

As mentioned, not only do I also believe thats a career low but I've never seen Tarver this striated.

Chad has one primary albeit decisive advantage and thats his speed. If Tarver can nullify that then it's going to be a fight. Regardless I definitely see an improved Tarver performance as he's the one with the most to lose here.
Fitz
LIKE LEFTOVER LASAGNA, TARVER IS BETTER THE SECOND TIME AROUND

Though lasagne doesn't usually taste like shit the first time around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.