Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather talking shit already
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
He's got an "Exclusive" interview up on another site that has a quote from him saying that he fights people who "turn into bitches and wear fishnets".

That's pretty obvious who he's talking about, but what's the deal with that? I thought Oscar was helping promote his fight with Marquez or something. I could be wrong, but I was thinking he was involved in Mayweather's comeback or something.

Why would you go out of your way to say some shit like that?
D-MARV
He also said that he and Hoya could fight again and make another 50-60 milllion.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 4 2009, 06:26 PM) *
He also said that he and Hoya could fight again and make another 50-60 milllion.

Watch and see. I'm calling it now. he's gonna do any and every fucking thing he can to avoid fighting Pacman. He's gonna come up with every other potential fight, he'll come up with every reason why he doesn't think Pacman is worthy.

And I think that it's gonna be the weight, cause Roach already came out and said they're not going 1lb over 140.

Mayweather will use that as an excuse not to fight Pac Man.

But he'll fight DLH again. fucking coward ass bitch.

STEVENSKI
When you are running scared & losing sleep knowing that you are not the type of draw your paid friends tell you you are you talk a lot of crap.
Spyder
Meltdown?

The man sounds like he misses the spotlight. He was on here talking about, "I'm still the King, no one took my crown!"

Muthafukker...you took your crown off, and someone came and snatched that shit up! If you want it back, you gotta take that shit BACK now fool!
hardhead
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 5 2009, 12:37 AM) *
Watch and see. I'm calling it now. he's gonna do any and every fucking thing he can to avoid fighting Pacman. He's gonna come up with every other potential fight, he'll come up with every reason why he doesn't think Pacman is worthy.

And I think that it's gonna be the weight, cause Roach already came out and said they're not going 1lb over 140.

Mayweather will use that as an excuse not to fight Pac Man.

But he'll fight DLH again. fucking coward ass bitch.

I think the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight is too big to not get made, mayweather is a no risk taking motherfucker but he aint stupid enough to pass on a fight of that magnitude HOWEVER..........If I had to guess which excuse Mayweather would make for not fighting Pacquiao it would the, "well I beat marquez, who everybody knows beat Pacquiao twice anyway so therefore that's like beating Pacquiao" Wait!!!......He's already setting that excuse up by saying Marquez beat Pacquiao twice.....LOL

That or Bob Arum makes Cotto/Pacquiao instead(if these PPV numbers are accurate he's a fool because Pac.Floyd does more than DLH/Mayweather IMO easy).
Mean Mister Mustard
This is great. If Mayweather tries to negotiate himself as the bigger draw Arum is going to take Pacquiao somewhere else and leave PBF alone. Then we will see if PBF takes on Mosley, Cotto, Williams etc.

Seriously can Mayweather even represent himself? For Baldmir he used Goosen, then against DLH it was all GBP, and against Hatton he again let GBP do all the work. Who's he with? Filthy Rich productions? Mayweather promotions? I'm pretty sure he's saying it to come of as the bad guy and GBP knows it's all for show.
The CEO
Guys....Mayweather ain't scared of losing to Pac...he knows he'll beat him...believe me....this is what he wanted all along....for Pac to look like a God....he's set this shit up perfectly...

Stage 1= Marquez....Stage 2= Pacquiao....Final Stage= Twilight version of Mosley.
Mean Mister Mustard
Byrdman, if the "other site" is the site I'm thinking about, may I ask why the hell you are suscribed to it?
Sugar Q
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 4 2009, 09:01 PM) *
Guys....Mayweather ain't scared of losing to Pac...he knows he'll beat him...believe me....this is what he wanted all along....for Pac to look like a God....he's set this shit up perfectly...

Stage 1= Marquez....Stage 2= Pacquiao....Final Stage= Twilight version of Mosley.

I agree CEO. PBF came back for Pacquiao and Mosley.
hardhead
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 5 2009, 01:01 AM) *

Sounds good to me, and that would be one HELL of a run, although I would LOVE to see Floyd do one more fight, say Cotto or Williams and retire at 32-33 as one of the best ever with lots more money too of course(all of those fights are big to huge fights).

All I know is there are fights to be made and I just want to see as many as I can before guys start retiring.
The CEO
QUOTE (hardhead @ May 4 2009, 09:16 PM) *
Sounds good to me, and that would be one HELL of a run, although I would LOVE to see Floyd do one more fight, say Cotto or Williams and retire at 32-33 as one of the best ever with lots more money too of course(all of those fights are big to huge fights).

All I know is there are fights to be made and I just want to see as many as I can before guys start retiring.

He might make that run, "retire" for ANOTHER year, and then come back for 1 more super DUPER fight....you never know nowadays....
D-MARV

Im gonna play it safe this time and agree with CEO... lol
JLUVBABY
to answer the question a few had about mayweather representing himself i think he has become affiliated with don king.... i could be wrong but i think he's rolling with don king... after the carl froch fight or one of the rescent fights on showtime it seems don king answered a question about the career of lil floyd.. again dont quote me on this i would have to go back and check my fights but i am almost sure he is a don king fighter as of now...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 4 2009, 09:50 PM) *
to answer the question a few had about mayweather representing himself i think he has become affiliated with don king.... i could be wrong but i think he's rolling with don king... after the carl froch fight or one of the rescent fights on showtime it seems don king answered a question about the career of lil floyd.. again dont quote me on this i would have to go back and check my fights but i am almost sure he is a don king fighter as of now...

Interesting.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 4 2009, 08:18 PM) *
He might make that run, "retire" for ANOTHER year, and then come back for 1 more super DUPER fight....you never know nowadays....

i'm never gonna doubt you again ceo...lol... at least not until there is another fight i think you are wrong in...lol....
Spyder
I think that Floyd came back for Mosley and Pacquiao, but I don't think that the Pac fight will get made...

Too many BIG differences.
dbdbdb

I have to question that statement about King promotions pushing Floyd, JLUVBABY.

Because for the Floyd vs JMM fight:

"Mayweather Promotions, the fighter's company, is the lead promoter in association with Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions, which handles Marquez."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxing/2009...r-marquez_N.htm

Its also stated on the Boxingscene report\Announcement

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=19723

Off-topic: Something else I read is this

"Fights with Andre Berto, Paul Williams or even Vernon Forrest arenít happening so long as they and Floyd remain under the advisory umbrella of Al Haymon."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt...le&id=19748

So, apparently Al Haymon is managing both Floyd & PW and he won't put them two in the ring against each other.
The CEO
THAT'S what I'm talkin' about...just a little respect...y'all need to roll with me...I'm tellin' ya....I'm HOT..."like hot sauce...like somebody threw some fish grease on me or somethin'..."

laugh.gif
King Eugene

You know what...all bull shit aside this is the most likely outcome. Dude after Saturday I might start agreeing with you more.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (dbdbdb @ May 4 2009, 09:02 PM) *
I have to question that statement about King promotions pushing Floyd, JLUVBABY.

Because for the Floyd vs JMM fight:

"Mayweather Promotions, the fighter's company, is the lead promoter in association with Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions, which handles Marquez."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxing/2009...r-marquez_N.htm

Its also stated on the Boxingscene report\Announcement

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=19723

Off-topic: Something else I read is this

"Fights with Andre Berto, Paul Williams or even Vernon Forrest arenít happening so long as they and Floyd remain under the advisory umbrella of Al Haymon."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt...le&id=19748

So, apparently Al Haymon is managing both Floyd & PW and he won't put them two in the ring against each other.

you can question it but i am telling you don king answered a question on behalf of lil floyd.. wont do it tonight but i will look it up and post where you can find...
King Eugene
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 4 2009, 11:16 PM) *
you can question it but i am telling you don king answered a question on behalf of lil floyd.. wont do it tonight but i will look it up and post where you can find...

I heard about it when I was watching the Froch-Taylor fight.

Something about Floyd went to Florida just to talk to King.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 4 2009, 09:06 PM) *
Byrdman, if the "other site" is the site I'm thinking about, may I ask why the hell you are suscribed to it?

I'm not subscribed to it or any boxing site. I check the front pages of several sites whether I think they're the best or the worst. I even check Doghouse boxing and that's crap.

That quote was listed as the "teaser" to the interview
Byrd Man

That deal never came through....Floyd was @ Don's house for a barbecue or something in Miami, but the deal never got done.
salvador
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 4 2009, 08:01 PM) *

Exactly.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 4 2009, 10:33 PM) *
I'm not subscribed to it or any boxing site. I check the front pages of several sites whether I think they're the best or the worst. I even check Doghouse boxing and that's crap.

That quote was listed as the "teaser" to the interview

thats why i had said not to put a quote on what i was saying.. but i do know in an interview king made a statement referring to "we" as in him and mayweather... concerning a certain fight... like i said i didnt put much worth in it but it was interesting to hear at the time...
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ May 3 2009, 08:30 PM) *
Mayweather,......huge fight....

But after reading that article it seems as if they are already ducking a fight with Pacman!

Basically by saying Marquez already beat Pacmen and that Marquez is "uno numero" or whatever the fuck he said....By saying this, it could easily set an excuse up by saying "I already beat Marquez, why fight Manny?........

Cotto,....I hope this fight happens above all

funny thing is I said the same thing you said in a different topic...

QUOTE (hardhead @ May 4 2009, 08:55 PM) *
I think the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight is too big to not get made, mayweather is a no risk taking motherfucker but he aint stupid enough to pass on a fight of that magnitude HOWEVER..........If I had to guess which excuse Mayweather would make for not fighting Pacquiao it would the, "well I beat marquez, who everybody knows beat Pacquiao twice anyway so therefore that's like beating Pacquiao" Wait!!!......He's already setting that excuse up by saying Marquez beat Pacquiao twice.....LOL

That or Bob Arum makes Cotto/Pacquiao instead(if these PPV numbers are accurate he's a fool because Pac.Floyd does more than DLH/Mayweather IMO easy).

hardhead
Haha..

That said Arum has already pissed me off with all this Cotto/Pacquiao talk(we'll see how it goes down). I don't mind seeing that fight but only after Mayweather/Pacquiao. I think it'll be the one of the biggest fights in Boxing history easily.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ May 5 2009, 08:35 PM) *
funny thing is I said the same thing you said in a different topic...

Mayweather has a straight up hood mentality which means dude ain't scared of nobody so you guys can throw that sh-- outta the window. If you get off the hate wagon you would see the real person keeping this fight from happening is Bob Arum who insist on Pacquiao fighting Cotto in Nov-Dec. PBF came back to face Pacquiao specifically but it probably won't happen if he does face Cotto.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 5 2009, 11:01 PM) *
Mayweather has a straight up hood mentality which means dude ain't scared of nobody so you guys can throw that sh-- outta the window. If you get off the hate wagon you would see the real person keeping this fight from happening is Bob Arum who insist on Pacquiao fighting Cotto in Nov-Dec. PBF came back to face Pacquiao specifically but it probably won't happen if he does face Cotto.

LOL

Manny comes from the real ghettos they make Floyd's ghetto look like beverly hills yet you don't hear Manny sounding like an arrogant childish little prick every time he opens his mouth.

Manny=Class

Mayweather=Ass
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 4 2009, 08:50 PM) *

I think you're talking about after the Spinks-Lattimore fight. King was trying to sign Mayweather and put him in there with Cory.

Floyd didn't sign with King. He was just using him as leverage for the Marquez negotiations.

If Floyd were to actually sign with King that would be HUGE news. It's not. He didn't.
D-MARV
Fuck a King.
buford54
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 6 2009, 02:47 AM) *
LOL

Manny comes from the real ghettos they make Floyd's ghetto look like beverly hills yet you don't hear Manny sounding like an arrogant childish little prick every time he opens his mouth.

Manny=Class

Mayweather=Ass

Never truer words spoken.

Jack 1000
Floyd Mayweather's classless acts are one of many reasons why I hate him so much! I mean be honest, what would you do, what would anyone do if Floyd got KTFO brutally, like Pacquiao did to Hatton? There would be celebrations in boxing like no other! I honestly think that people aren't looking to see Mayweather's masterful boxing ability. They want to see Floyd get beaten to a pulp to shut his mouth.

I can only think of the comparison when Chavez Sr. was in his prime and Don King offered him 4 million to fight Camacho. People wanted to see Hector get his clock cleaned and the same will happen if Floyd is ever able to overcome his chicken-shit attitude and face a puncher who might have a chance at hurting him.

More recent examples was when Tarver KTFO of Roy Jones in the rematch! What a great moment for boxing! Although now with Roy there are more far-reaching and serious health concerns because after Glen Johnson KO'd him, it now appears he does not know when to quit.

It is very hard, if not impossible to support Mayweather. I know a couple that do, but I can count them on one hand. Floyd Mayweather in fact may be near the top of the list for the most contempt I have had for any fighter.

Jack
kingknockout
mayweather is the top fighter in the sport next to Paul Williams......

he will beat anyone you put in front of him, pussy and mayweather in the same sentence is very easy to put together when your at home in your comfort zone safe hiding behind a computer LOL, say that to him when your at one of his fights and see how the consequences turn out LOL
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (kingknockout @ May 13 2009, 01:00 AM) *
mayweather is the top fighter in the sport next to Paul Williams......

he will beat anyone you put in front of him, pussy and mayweather in the same sentence is very easy to put together when your at home in your comfort zone safe hiding behind a computer LOL, say that to him when your at one of his fights and see how the consequences turn out LOL

Paul Williams has a ways to go to be the best in boxing..People need to man up and fight him so we can see what's the real deal with him..So far I'm real impressed but right now other guys deserve P4P over him..

I completely agree with the second half of your post..Mayweather steps in the ring and for that,he is no pussy..Why should he not use the skills he has to make things harder for himself in the ring??He doesn't need to take risks,he will exploit you,embarrass you,and in some cases KO your ass too..
King Eugene
http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?spo...3707&lid=70

Pretty interesting article and forum thread. I'm a Floyd fan but I don't have tunnel vision. Hopefully some others will get out of theirs as well.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 12 2009, 10:12 AM) *
if Floyd is ever able to overcome his chicken-shit attitude and face a puncher who might have a chance at hurting him.

Diego Corrales?
Byrd Man
I would love to know why he said that about DLH considering he's copromoting the Marquez fight with him and I would think would want to co-produce more with Golden Boy in the future.

That was the shocking thing to me.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 18 2009, 11:37 PM) *
I would love to know why he said that about DLH considering he's copromoting the Marquez fight with him and I would think would want to co-produce more with Golden Boy in the future.

That was the shocking thing to me.

I think its more for promotional reasons. Oscars a classy guy and dont really pay it no attention cause he knows Floyd needs him in the long run. Its like a daughter who claims to be so upset with her father and talks all this trash about him to her friends but turns around, sucks up to him, and ask him for $300 dollars.

Damn its hard being a Mayweather fan. Well atleast outside the ring anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.