Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey pacquiao monkeys
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
namor
Here`s Freddie Roach saying 3 months before the Pac/Hatton fight that Mayweather took something out of Hatton and hatton look pretty shaky in the Mallinaggi fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pScZf3n5JQo

Straight from the horse mouth hahahahhahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comes to show you that Pac built his entire carreer on beating shot fighters minus the 1st Barrera fight.

When he fought someone with a pulse(Marquez)He arguably lost.I had Marquez beating this overhype bum twice btw.

STEVENSKI
Even if Hatton is shot like is being said Pac did waht he was supposed to do with a shot fighter. Take his ass out in brutal fashion.

Funny how you leave out the fact that PBF's ENTIRE career post 135 has been against shot fighters & bums.
iron_mike
QUOTE (namor @ May 4 2009, 08:01 PM) *
Here`s Freddie Roach saying 3 months before the Pac/Hatton fight that Mayweather took something out of Hatton and hatton look pretty shaky in the Mallinaggi fight.

Comes to show you that Pac built his entire carreer on beating shot fighters minus the 1st Barrera fight.

When he fought someone with a pulse(Marquez)He arguably lost.I had Marquez beating this overhype bum twice btw.

Stop hating, you monkey
Box in Hand
QUOTE (namor @ May 4 2009, 06:01 PM) *

Have some respect for people's choices. This is the land of the free Home of the Mothefucking Brave and they can like whomever the choose. I'm not a Pac fan but the man is very very fast and can hit like an 18 wheeler. I think Floyd is too much for him but I still respect Manny because he fights whoever the fuck they put in front of him. Blame his handlers if you feel he had some soft opponents. All the greats have had soft opponents. A few months ago, not many thought he was gonna beat De La Hoya or even decapitate Hatton the way he did so cool out.
Sugar Q
Great research Namor my dude. Just what I've been saying. Yeah Pac did what he had to do but talking about cherry picking. Dude is the P4P best cherry picker. That's why he turned Mosley down. With this revelation I say Marquez is P4P the best so PBF is right.
The CEO
lol...there's only like 1, 3 Pacmaniacs here tops....wrong board.
JD
Calling Pacquiao an overhyped bum shows...that...well...you're an idiot.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ May 4 2009, 09:32 PM) *
Calling Pacquiao an overhyped bum shows...that...well...you're an idiot.

LOL... Nobody on this board really hugs PacMan anyways.
JLUVBABY
i have probably been one of pacs main detractors on this board but i cant find nothing else bad to say bout the guy... fact is hatton wasnt shot... i thought hatton was gonna win and fact is most nobody that picked pac thought the fight would be a one sided blow out or shall i say masacre... this win wasnt like pac beating on dela hoya.. he beat a prime hatton easy in 2 rounds at his best weight and made it look like a mack truck going through wet tissue paper...lol... i got to give him his props now... he is one fight in my mind away from all time great status.. if he can beat mayweather he is there... thats the fight arum is gonna sweat us out on...
Spyder
Aim all of your attention toward Torvix...lol
iron_mike
Sugar q and namor are just straight HATERS.... who has a better resume than Pac? Cherry picking? Doesn't Floyd do that for a living? Let's call a spade a spade
Sugar Q
QUOTE (iron_mike @ May 4 2009, 10:03 PM) *
Sugar q and namor are just straight HATERS.... who has a better resume than Pac? Cherry picking? Doesn't Floyd do that for a living? Let's call a spade a spade

Lol, it's not us saying Pacquiao goes after the wounded it's his own trainer. Diaz, wounded Oscar and wounded Hatton. Mad props to Manny for doing his part but mark my words when he get's in there with someone who can really fight it's gonna be a different story. There's a reason why they turned down Mosley. Mosley apparently wasn't too impressed by the Hatton win. Sure a spade is a spade but in this case the spade (PBF) is gunning for the spade (Pacman).
Sugar Q

Lol, it's not us saying Pacquiao goes after the wounded it's his own trainer. Diaz, wounded Oscar and wounded Hatton. Mad props to Manny for doing his part but mark my words when he get's in there with someone who can really fight it's gonna be a different story. There's a reason why they turned down Mosley. Mosley apparently wasn't too impressed by the Hatton win. Sure a spade is a spade but in this case the spade (PBF) is gunning for the spade (Pacman).
iron_mike
Pac beats PBF (before the Marquez fight was inked, hypothetically) ---'well PBF hasn't fought in 2 years, if he fought PBF a few years ago....that's a different story' Pac beats Mosley- 'Well, Mosley is old, he looked good against Margarito, but Mosley 10 years ago would've crushed Pac' Pac beats Cotto-'well Cotto has never been the same since the Margarito fight, if they fought before....
Snoop
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 5 2009, 03:29 AM) *

So then you would call PBF a "cherry picker" as well then?
Sugar Q
QUOTE (iron_mike @ May 4 2009, 10:45 PM) *
Pac beats PBF (before the Marquez fight was inked, hypothetically) ---'well PBF hasn't fought in 2 years, if he fought PBF a few years ago....that's a different story' Pac beats Mosley- 'Well, Mosley is old, he looked good against Margarito, but Mosley 10 years ago would've crushed Pac' Pac beats Cotto-'well Cotto has never been the same since the Margarito fight, if they fought before....

If Pac beats PBF, Mosley or Cotto there wont be any excuses depending on what happens with Clottey/Cotto. Can't be mad at PBF going after Pacquaio though.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 4 2009, 09:54 PM) *
If Pac beats PBF, Mosley or Cotto there wont be any excuses depending on what happens with Clottey/Cotto. Can't be mad at PBF going after Pacquaio though.

Why the fuck should Pac have to go up and prove himself against Mosley, he only just got to 140 for fuck sake. Sure he went up to 147 once for a very special fight against the biggest money maker in the sport but now you're saying he hasn't proved himself until he goes up to face Mosley.

Sugar you're never going to be happy until Manny keeps fighting until he loses. You'd have that guy at HW if you could.

Give the guy a break Sugar this is pure B.S

P.S Not to worry the biggest cherry picker in the sport is coming out of 'retirement' to fight JMM at a comedy weight so lay off Pac. Shoot the dude fought Marquez twice whom Barerra (until very late in his career) Morales and Hamed all avoided like the plague during their primes. Explain that cherry picking to me?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 5 2009, 06:18 AM) *
Morales doesn't avoid anyone. No way he avoided Marquez.

Did they ever fight?

The way I became aware of Marquez was years ago the excellent British magazine Boxing monthly did a really good in depth article on Marquez and how Hamed, Morales and Barerra the top dogs at the time were showing zero willingness to fight him. I remember thinking, 'whoa dude must be bad!'
Sugar Q
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ May 5 2009, 05:52 AM) *
Why the fuck should Pac have to go up and prove himself against Mosley, he only just got to 140 for fuck sake. Sure he went up to 147 once for a very special fight against the biggest money maker in the sport but now you're saying he hasn't proved himself until he goes up to face Mosley.

Sugar you're never going to be happy until Manny keeps fighting until he loses. You'd have that guy at HW if you could.

Give the guy a break Sugar this is pure B.S

P.S Not to worry the biggest cherry picker in the sport is coming out of 'retirement' to fight JMM at a comedy weight so lay off Pac. Shoot the dude fought Marquez twice whom Barerra (until very late in his career) Morales and Hamed all avoided like the plague during their primes. Explain that cherry picking to me?

You answered your own question to why Pac should fight at 147 (he already did) and if it wasn't a fluke do it again. Manny already loss so I dont have to wait to see it. Fighters dont get breaks no one gave PBF a break so now Manny beats Diaz, Oscar and Hatton and he deserves a break? That sounds very suspicious to me. So now the guy who you say is the biggest cherry picker is coming back to cherry pick Manny and you have a problem with that? I say Paul Williams is P4P #1 cause not many are willing to call him out if you notice EVERYBODY is calling Manny out and it's not just the money these guys feel they can beat him. Any of the top guys at 140 will fight him but the mega fights are at 147 where all the hype began. Manny made the statement that he can hang with the big boys so now it's time to bring it. Ok Marquez fought a draw and a controversial decision with Marquez now Pacman fans are afraid that PBF is gonna crush Marquez and expose Manny for not being the monster he's made out to be. Well most will say styles make fights so let's chill and wait til the PBF/Pac fight happens. I like Manny, always will but I say PBF stops Manny inside the distance.
namor

Hopkins
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 5 2009, 10:25 AM) *
You answered your own question to why Pac should fight at 147 (he already did) and if it wasn't a fluke do it again. Manny already loss so I dont have to wait to see it. Fighters dont get breaks no one gave PBF a break so now Manny beats Diaz, Oscar and Hatton and he deserves a break? That sounds very suspicious to me. So now the guy who you say is the biggest cherry picker is coming back to cherry pick Manny and you have a problem with that? I say Paul Williams is P4P #1 cause not many are willing to call him out if you notice EVERYBODY is calling Manny out and it's not just the money these guys feel they can beat him. Any of the top guys at 140 will fight him but the mega fights are at 147 where all the hype began. Manny made the statement that he can hang with the big boys so now it's time to bring it. Ok Marquez fought a draw and a controversial decision with Marquez now Pacman fans are afraid that PBF is gonna crush Marquez and expose Manny for not being the monster he's made out to be. Well most will say styles make fights so let's chill and wait til the PBF/Pac fight happens. I like Manny, always will but I say PBF stops Manny inside the distance.

I don't think Floyd would stop Manny he would play it as safe as he can cause he knows that if that left lands he's going to sleep.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 5 2009, 10:25 AM) *

Williams #1 c'mon maybe in acouple of years but if you can't admit that Manny deserves to be #1 p4p then there's some seriouse hate going on.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 5 2009, 01:00 PM) *
Williams #1 c'mon maybe in acouple of years but if you can't admit that Manny deserves to be #1 p4p then there's some seriouse hate going on.

I knew I would get a response from that :-)
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 5 2009, 11:25 AM) *

no, it's definitely the money.

give me a break with this mosley crap. two years ago the guy was fighting in a division lower than mosley ever fought at. and that was moving up from feather and lower.

nah, i take that back. until pac beats hopkins, he'll never be p4p.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Thegreatequalizer @ May 5 2009, 04:35 PM) *
no, it's definitely the money.

give me a break with this mosley crap. two years ago the guy was fighting in a division lower than mosley ever fought at. and that was moving up from feather and lower.

nah, i take that back. until pac beats hopkins, he'll never be p4p.

Lol, nice over exaggeration but nobodies talking about anyone above 147. Is fighting Shane like fighting B-Hop? Pac fought Oscar at 147 why not Shane and the other guys?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 5 2009, 03:25 PM) *
Fighters dont get breaks no one gave PBF a break so now Manny beats Diaz, Oscar and Hatton and he deserves a break? That sounds very suspicious to me.

Have a look at the two fighters resume's over the last 5 years. That is why Manny deserves a break or easy fight or 3 if he wants.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 5 2009, 07:01 PM) *
He went there for a pay day. Using your logic, Mayweather should be fighting 154 guys right now, correct? After all he fought Oscar at 154. So what's your thoughts on that? What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

There is talk of him facing Spinks but you know and I know that there's no money nor super fights at 154 that's the difference. 147 is where the big money fights are not 154 and not 140. So the goose and the gander is at 147 :-)
Sugar Q
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 5 2009, 07:12 PM) *
Have a look at the two fighters resume's over the last 5 years. That is why Manny deserves a break or easy fight or 3 if he wants.

Most would say Diaz, depleted Oscar and Hatton ain't saying much. I'd take the real Oscar, big awkward Baldomire, Judah and an unbeaten Hatton over that any day of the week. When you really look at it Pacquaio looked good against damaged goods even according to his own trainer. When PBF fought Oscar and Baldomire they were both champions.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 5 2009, 07:56 PM) *
So Floyd may be having 2 fights scheduled at the same time? Last I heard, he WAS fighting Marquez.

Ahhhh, I see. Now it's the money. I thought you were talking about just hanging with the big boys. I think it's great that you have a financial interest for fighters first and a boxing fan second.

Super fights equate to big money. Boxing is a very tough sport I love to see these guys get paid for what they do. If it was 154 when Mugabi, Hearns, Duran, Moore and McCallum were there then you would have a point.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 5 2009, 08:06 PM) *
Real Oscar? It was better than the one Pacquiao fought, but far from real as well. I actually laughed the hardest about the awkward Baldomir.........LMFAO, What was awkward about him? Yeah I suppose fighting a guy who is in slow motion mode is kind of awkward. That is the dumbest thing I have read all day, talk about trying to hype up some fucking garbage win. Talking up Baldomir as awkward. HAHA, I'm still laughing about that one.

Well Oscar was fighting at clearly his better weight and coming off a pretty good win. Baldo like him or lump him is a rugged veteran who's been in there with some pretty decent fighters. Even went on to go the distance in a rugged championship fight against Vernon Forrest @154 after getting whipped on by Floyd. Not trying to hype the dude but he's been in there with some good opponents and they didn't knock him out. Maybe the word I should have used was rugged or durable.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 5 2009, 08:22 PM) *
Ok, so it's a good win because he has a good chin? Because he went 12 rounds. Is that the criteria now? If you have a good chin, it's a good win?

Lol, nah my dude Baldo was a good win cause he was the linear champion.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 5 2009, 07:49 PM) *
There is talk of him facing Spinks but you know and I know that there's no money nor super fights at 154 that's the difference. 147 is where the big money fights are not 154 and not 140. So the goose and the gander is at 147 :-)

I think with GBP he can get a super fight with Williams at 154. Floyd is one of my favorite fighters ever but I do want to see him really put to the test and fight PWill. I think he can pull off a decision but I just want to see it and not have to think it!
Sugar Q
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 5 2009, 08:27 PM) *
I think with GBP he can get a super fight with Williams at 154. Floyd is one of my favorite fighters ever but I do want to see him really put to the test and fight PWill. I think he can pull off a decision but I just want to see it and not have to think it!

I wouldn't be mad at seeing it happen either after the P4P thing is solidified.
Thegreatequalizer
well, baldo was the linear champ. who won it from zab who won it from spinks. i'd take pac over all those guys.
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 5 2009, 05:27 PM) *
Lol, nice over exaggeration but nobodies talking about anyone above 147. Is fighting Shane like fighting B-Hop? Pac fought Oscar at 147 why not Shane and the other guys?

my point is how far do you want this dude to go? shane's only fought at 3 divisions his whole career. b-hop only 2. this dude pretty much started at the lowest division and has worked his way up to welter. if pac never fights again above 140 i'd still make him a hall of famer. so far he hasn't lost twice to the best competition lightweight and below have to offer. b-hop lost twice to a guy that's been ko'd twice since then and mosley lost twice to two different guys. maybe pac isn't the greatest, but he's a bad dude and deserves some respect.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Thegreatequalizer @ May 5 2009, 10:46 PM) *
my point is how far do you want this dude to go? shane's only fought at 3 divisions his whole career. b-hop only 2. this dude pretty much started at the lowest division and has worked his way up to welter. if pac never fights again above 140 i'd still make him a hall of famer. so far he hasn't lost twice to the best competition lightweight and below have to offer. b-hop lost twice to a guy that's been ko'd twice since then and mosley lost twice to two different guys. maybe pac isn't the greatest, but he's a bad dude and deserves some respect.

Oh no doubt Pacquiao is a hall of famer. I take nothing away from him but he weighed 147 when he fought Oscar so why not fight there again. Win or lose he's still a hall of famer no one can deny that but the big fights are at 147.
JD
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 5 2009, 11:48 PM) *
Oh no doubt Pacquiao is a hall of famer. I take nothing away from him but he weighed 147 when he fought Oscar so why not fight there again. Win or lose he's still a hall of famer no one can deny that but the big fights are at 147.

He actually weighed in at 142, which makes it rather clear that the guy is no welterweight. I think junior welter is a good weight for him right now, and the absolute top end of the scale for how high he should go.
D-MARV
Yep. I agree, Pac doesn't belong at 147.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.