Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dougie funny take on Money May-Marquez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
du365
This was hilarious -

You know what I think of Floyd “Needs Money” Mayweather Jr: Great talent and skill, without a great heart to go with it. He won’t fight anyone he doesn’t KNOW he can beat. Before he fights an elite fighter that fighter has to first look vulnerable in some way. Pacquiao hasn’t looked vulnerable in any category in his recent fights, so I don’t think Mayweather will actively pursue the Pac-Monster after his July 18 showdown with JM Marquez.

And by the way, I think Marquez is going to shock the s__t out of Needs Money. When’s the last time Mayweather took on a fighter as smart, skilled, experienced and gutsy as Marquez? This ain’t Carlos Baldomir, a faded Oscar De La Hoya, or a made-to-order Ricky Hatton, this is Juan-Mother-F__king-Marquez he’s stepping in the ring with, the man who gave Manny Pacquiao pure hell last March and then knocked out Joel Casamayor and Juan Diaz.

This broke-ass fool better be ready to defend his legacy come July 18.
Lil-lightsout
He also forgot to mention those fights were at 130(pac fights). Great bigger man beats great smaller man.

Regardless, I look forward to the fight anyway. Hopefully I am wrong and JMM will be a tougher test than I think.
D-MARV
QUOTE (du365 @ May 4 2009, 09:40 PM) *
This was hilarious -

You know what I think of Floyd “Needs Money” Mayweather Jr: Great talent and skill, without a great heart to go with it. He won’t fight anyone he doesn’t KNOW he can beat. Before he fights an elite fighter that fighter has to first look vulnerable in some way. Pacquiao hasn’t looked vulnerable in any category in his recent fights, so I don’t think Mayweather will actively pursue the Pac-Monster after his July 18 showdown with JM Marquez.

And by the way, I think Marquez is going to shock the s__t out of Needs Money. When’s the last time Mayweather took on a fighter as smart, skilled, experienced and gutsy as Marquez? This ain’t Carlos Baldomir, a faded Oscar De La Hoya, or a made-to-order Ricky Hatton, this is Juan-Mother-F__king-Marquez he’s stepping in the ring with, the man who gave Manny Pacquiao pure hell last March and then knocked out Joel Casamayor and Juan Diaz.

Dougie is a good writer but this is where he needs to grow. He shows to much hate in his writings and he will gobble other fighters like Margarito. I was hoping he would grow out of that but it's whatever. I still read his material because overall, he is a good writer. But he needs to chill on the hatred.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 4 2009, 07:48 PM) *
Dougie is a good writer but this is where he needs to grow. He shows to much hate in his writings and he will gobble other fighters like Margarito. I was hoping he would grow out of that but it's whatever. I still read his material because overall, he is a good writer. But he needs to chill on the hatred.

haha yup he was on margs nuts. not sure if anyone read the mailbags he did on max but i made the bet with him that p-will would beat margs and thus he'd have to chop his pony tail off he still emails me asking if I want him to pay up but I fell bad cuz it was a two way bet (I picked judah over cotto). he was so on margs nuts i remember he emailed me saying p-will had "NO CHANCE" against the tijuana tornado thats how much he hugged his nuts, but never the less he is biased but at least he admits unlike some people(hype and greg) ahahahaha im kidding Hype!

dougie will always pick on mayweather and defend margs ta death ha

not backing up floyd here but at least he didnt go all weaseled out and make the fight at 147
JLUVBABY
i know most may not agree but i think whats going on right now is exactly what lil floyd wanted... he took some time off so a true superfight could materialize and that has happened... manny pac has surfaced as the fight EVERYONE wants to see and its a fight that is winnable for floyd... it will be interesting to see what people say that hate on him now if after that fight he's standing the winner... just saying... the guy is not bad for boxing to say he gets the hate he gets...lol... had floyd stayed active i doubt this fight would even be talked about right now...
kidbazooka1
It's a long shot but I think Marquez will shock a few people.
Chi-Town
I think Marquez has a shot at winning a close decision. The reason being is he's not a stalker. Ever since Mayweather-Castillo I, the media has been cramming the notion down everyone's throat that it's going to take pressure to beat Mayweather. This couldn't be farther from the truth, he's at his best when he's being chased around the ring.

One of the only relative weaknesses (although he's not really weak in theis area, just not amazing like he is in others) in Floyd's game is the ability to create his own offense. He has like 4 or 5 different little tricks he uses when he gets off first, otherwise, he just likes to counter. Marquez is very smart and VERYaccurate, not to mention an OUTSTANDING counter puncher himself. He won't chase floyd around the ring and run into punches like Baldomir, DLH, Hatton or Gatti.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (du365 @ May 4 2009, 08:40 PM) *
This was hilarious -

Hehehehe!

It may not be the most mature piece of writing, but as someone who despises Mayweather, I think there is some truth to what is being said.

Jack
rusty_trombone
uh, the guys at max have very little credit with me. bunch of douches, in fact I don't read many "boxing articles". This shit is entertainment, and I think I know how to interpret what happened in a fight with my own 2 eyes.
MarzB
QUOTE (Chi-Town @ May 6 2009, 10:23 AM) *
I think Marquez has a shot at winning a close decision. The reason being is he's not a stalker. Ever since Mayweather-Castillo I, the media has been cramming the notion down everyone's throat that it's going to take pressure to beat Mayweather. This couldn't be farther from the truth, he's at his best when he's being chased around the ring.

One of the only relative weaknesses (although he's not really weak in theis area, just not amazing like he is in others) in Floyd's game is the ability to create his own offense. He has like 4 or 5 different little tricks he uses when he gets off first, otherwise, he just likes to counter. Marquez is very smart and VERYaccurate, not to mention an OUTSTANDING counter puncher himself. He won't chase floyd around the ring and run into punches like Baldomir, DLH, Hatton or Gatti.

Very good post that I totally agree with.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Chi-Town @ May 6 2009, 04:23 PM) *

Marquez is at his worst when the opponent doesn't come at him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.