Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why is BHOP wanting to fight Tito?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Col Reb
This fight absolutely makes no sense to me; it should not even be discussed. The first fight had a conclusive ending, Tito has done nothing of significance lately, and fans won't buy it. BHOP needs to be looking at adding to his legacy; fights with the likes of Adamek, Dawson, Froch, Toney, or Chagaev would do this. I'd even rather see him fight Roy again than watch him destroy Tito. It just brings nothing to the table, especially when he can make money fighting more meaningful fights.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Col Reb @ May 4 2009, 11:01 PM) *
This fight absolutely makes no sense to me; it should not even be discussed. The first fight had a conclusive ending, Tito has done nothing of significance lately, and fans won't buy it. BHOP needs to be looking at adding to his legacy; fights with the likes of Adamek, Dawson, Froch, Toney, or Chagaev would do this. I'd even rather see him fight Roy again than watch him destroy Tito. It just brings nothing to the table, especially when he can make money fighting more meaningful fights.

if he fought james toney they need to put that fight on espn or versus channel... toney is a fat has been that wasted his talents.. and the only reason he called out froch is froch looked beatable to him in losing to taylor... just saying.. the only fighters on your list that make scence are dawson... adamek.. and chagaev.... and chagaev might be too big for him... actually all 3 are dangerous fights... he is not assured of walking out the ring against all 3 of those guys a winner...
King Eugene
If he does its soley for the money!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 5 2009, 06:29 AM) *
actually all 3 are dangerous fights... he is not assured of walking out the ring against all 3 of those guys a winner...

Actually he is not assured of walking out of the ring against all three. Adamek can crack & if he caught X flush he may end up on his back for a while leaving the ring with assistance.
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 5 2009, 03:05 AM) *
Actually he is not assured of walking out of the ring against all three. Adamek can crack & if he caught X flush he may end up on his back for a while leaving the ring with assistance.

That would surprise me cause I haven't seen BHop hit flush since the Taylor fights then again something could have slipped my mind. I just hope he doesn't get old over night which I doubt he will.
D-MARV
I don't remember Taylor ever hitting him flush...

Hopkins should retire if he isn't going to fight someone worth talking about.
hitman
hopkins is straight up ducking chad dawson.
Method
You want to see Hopkins / Dawson, then you are gonna need to see HBO buck up the fucking cash. Plain and simple.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Method @ May 5 2009, 08:53 AM) *
You want to see Hopkins / Dawson, then you are gonna need to see HBO buck up the fucking cash. Plain and simple.

Yeah... I don't know why they won't. It's perfect for them. They are trying to build Dawson up and what better than to put him in there with a Legend.
Method
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 5 2009, 08:56 AM) *
Yeah... I don't know why they won't. It's perfect for them. They are trying to build Dawson up and what better than to put him in there with a Legend.

Which is pretty much what Hopkins is saying on todays interview at B-Talk. Pretty straight forward, actually.
Lil-lightsout
To me the fight makes no sense, it is just to fool all the PR's to get there money by having there hero look for revenge. I give Trinidad about 1% chance of winning based off his last fight with Roy over a year ago or so. But if by some crazy chance Trinidad would pull it off, does anyone think that would slightly tarnish his legacy? Cause Hopkins would be a huge favorite. But back to reality, Hopkins would embarrass him and stop him again, just earlier this time.
D-MARV
If Hopkins lost to Trinidad...

Nevermind, tongue.gif
Method
...and there it is...the seed of hope has sprouted...in the upcoming weeks prepare for a full on onslaught of Trinididiots pounding their chests in vehemently declaring their man capable!
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (Method @ May 5 2009, 03:26 PM) *
...and there it is...the seed of hope has sprouted...in the upcoming weeks prepare for a full on onslaught of Trinididiots pounding their chests in vehemently declaring their man capable!

Nah, not even the Trinididiots are so stupid to think Tito can hang with Hopkins EIGHT YEARS after getting spanked in New York....

....are they?

Black
Romulus9
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ May 5 2009, 10:28 AM) *
Nah, not even the Trinididiots are so stupid to think Tito can hang with Hopkins EIGHT YEARS after getting spanked in New York....

....are they?

Black

Si.
JD
This fight is a foregone conclusion.
D-MARV
November 28th.

Wow!
Box in Hand
It seems to me that Don king won't be satisfied until Trinidad is in a coma. He just uses fighters until their useless. He did it to Ali, Tyson, and now Trinidad. Hopkins is gonna murder that dude if they fight again.
Thegreatequalizer
ah, hopkins is an old man at the twilight of a tough career. he's already cemented his legacy. i don't really care who he fights now. the only significant fight for him is chad dawson. plus trinidad has been calling him out for a long time and i'm sure b-hop wants to shut him up for good. so this fight above all others is about pride as well.
Method
He did it to Ali, Tyson, and now Trinidad. Hopkins is gonna murder that dude if they fight again.

He did it to Gerald McClellan too. Accused McClellan of quitting like a dog after he collapsed in the ring vs. Benn.
Mino
Tito will finally be able to get his revenge....
rusty_trombone
This is just an easy payday for BHop, good for him. I'd definitely take this fight if I were him, maybe we get to see him piss on the PR flag this time, incite another riot
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ May 6 2009, 06:27 PM) *
This is just an easy payday for BHop, good for him. I'd definitely take this fight if I were him, maybe we get to see him piss on the PR flag this time, incite another riot

I remember Hopkins doing that in PR. That was hilarious to see those fans chasing him, Hops is crazy. I do not think he needs to play those mind games with Tito this time around, all he has to do is show up.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ May 6 2009, 05:27 PM) *

i tell you this every month and a half or so rusty you dont post enough...lol
Mino
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ May 6 2009, 06:27 PM) *

I hope he does to, then maybe this time he wont make it off the island
King Eugene
Check this out...
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=19893

If Hopkins steps in the ring with David Haye...he will be seriously hurt if not stopped but if it goes pass 6 rounds give me Hopkins by decision.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 14 2009, 02:48 AM) *
It also goes to show why Hopkins-Dawson is not an option. Dawson just isn't a draw and they spoke about the numbers Dawson-Tarver did. There just isn't any money in it at this stage.

No money at all and I dont blame him. Yes I want to see it but at the same time I want to see this man get paid. He deserves it. If Dawson acted a little more out of character and talked a little more shit he'd probably have more of a following. I respect his ways though, just shut up and fight. I don't see how you cant like the guy.

But in all honesty if Hopkin's wants to call all the shots for his next fight like Schaefer is saying, I think it will be quite sometime before he finds a dance partner. I mean its not like he is paying them like DLH would.
Bandido
QUOTE (Mino @ May 6 2009, 08:23 PM) *
I hope he does to, then maybe this time he wont make it off the island

You think? LOL
Douchebag
These guys are coming out of the woodworks. LOL
King Eugene
QUOTE (The Conscience @ May 14 2009, 10:37 AM) *
These guys are coming out of the woodworks. LOL

I know right...I've seen quite a few new ones as of late. lol
Yucayeke
QUOTE (Bandido @ May 14 2009, 01:15 PM) *
You think? LOL

Dude that is uncalled for, listen I did not like the whole flag throwing thing back then, but it was showmanship to get to Tito. Bernard did not do this outta disrespect for the island, just for Tito. Then went and destroyed him! Dude I also was a Huge fan of the Tito of 147-154, but hey you gotta call it like it is.

If Tito does fight with Bernard again, it will be the same outcome for him, just uglier.
Mino
QUOTE (Yucayeke @ May 15 2009, 06:55 AM) *
Dude that is uncalled for, listen I did not like the whole flag throwing thing back then, but it was showmanship to get to Tito. Bernard did not do this outta disrespect for the island, just for Tito. Then went and destroyed him! Dude I also was a Huge fan of the Tito of 147-154, but hey you gotta call it like it is.

If Tito does fight with Bernard again, it will be the same outcome for him, just uglier.

Listen whatever happens in the ring happens in the ring, its all good. But you dont go to another country throw their flag on the ground and call it sportsmanship, gimme a break. Now he was lucky to get out of there unscathed but I guarentee hes not stupid enough to try it again. And if he does well then good luck with that...
Method
but I guarentee hes not stupid enough to try it again

Ahhhhhahahahahahah. Trinidud guaranteed the same thing after Hopkins FIRST threw the flag in NYC. When they got to PR, Trinidad got n the mic and guaranteed Hopkins wouldnt do it again, and Hopkins did. You know what Triniddud did? JACK MOTHER FUCKING SHIT. He sat there like a shit talking pussy.

STFU with your "guarantees".
Mino
QUOTE (Method @ May 15 2009, 10:38 PM) *
Ahhhhhahahahahahah. Trinidud guaranteed the same thing after Hopkins FIRST threw the flag in NYC. When they got to PR, Trinidad got n the mic and guaranteed Hopkins wouldnt do it again, and Hopkins did. You know what Triniddud did? JACK MOTHER FUCKING SHIT. He sat there like a shit talking pussy.

STFU with your "guarantees".

Suck my dick, how bout that
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Mino @ May 15 2009, 09:20 PM) *
Listen whatever happens in the ring happens in the ring, its all good. But you dont go to another country throw their flag on the ground and call it sportsmanship, gimme a break. Now he was lucky to get out of there unscathed but I guarentee hes not stupid enough to try it again. And if he does well then good luck with that...

I don't know, it's gotta be pretty embarrassing to have one guy be such a thorn in the side as Hopkins. First he humiliates PR's in NY, then he strolls up into Puerto Rico 2 (the actual island, since the Bronx has more Puerto Ricans than the country) laughs at them, throws their flag on the ground, while their hero stands there and doesn't do shit. He outruns an entire stadium of people, and then for the strawberry on top whoops the island hero's ass in one of the most lopsided and laughably easy fights for Hopkins. Now, he's back for more. I'm sorry, but Hopkins is to Puerto Rico as Pac-Man is to Mexico. Puerto Ricans should look into calling some truce, or paying Trinidad not to fight Hopkins again to avoid the embarrassment. Start a collection...
JD
I think it's hilarious that some dudes are still touchy over this.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JD @ May 16 2009, 11:35 AM) *
I think it's hilarious that some dudes are still touchy over this.

My one friend is from PR, and we used to work together. Well when Trinidad destroyed Joppy, he talked so much shit to me up until the Hopkins fight. Boy was that a sweet fight from Hops that night. Funny though, my friend gave me every excuse for why Tito lost and never gave Bernard any credit. He is still sour from that fight.
JD
Jeez...dudes like that make me want to see the rematch.
King Eugene
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ May 16 2009, 11:18 AM) *
I don't know, it's gotta be pretty embarrassing to have one guy be such a thorn in the side as Hopkins. First he humiliates PR's in NY, then he strolls up into Puerto Rico 2 (the actual island, since the Bronx has more Puerto Ricans than the country) laughs at them, throws their flag on the ground, while their hero stands there and doesn't do shit. He outruns an entire stadium of people, and then for the strawberry on top whoops the island hero's ass in one of the most lopsided and laughably easy fights for Hopkins. Now, he's back for more. I'm sorry, but Hopkins is to Puerto Rico as Pac-Man is to Mexico. Puerto Ricans should look into calling some truce, or paying Trinidad not to fight Hopkins again to avoid the embarrassment. Start a collection...

LMAO...the funniest shit.

How degrading can that be? I man disrespects you to the fullest extent, you get mad, he whoops your ass, and there is still nothing you can do about it. LOL DAMN!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 17 2009, 02:27 PM) *
LMAO...the funniest shit.

How degrading can that be? I man disrespects you to the fullest extent, you get mad, he whoops your ass, and there is still nothing you can do about it. LOL DAMN!

So the question is...does Tito REALLY think he can beat Hopkins or is just for a payday???
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 17 2009, 03:30 PM) *
So the question is...does Tito REALLY think he can beat Hopkins or is just for a payday???

Has to be just for the pay day. He has a slim to none chance of landing clean and if clean it wont be affective. Tito be better off fighting Edison Miranda at this point in PR.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 17 2009, 04:27 PM) *
Has to be just for the pay day. He has a slim to none chance of landing clean and if clean it wont be affective. Tito be better off fighting Edison Miranda at this point in PR.

When he fought Roy, he looked terrible, and like he had nothing on his punches anymore. Tito needs to stick to some journeyman type fight if he really wants to win. I always wonder if some of these fighters keep fighting for the glory, or is it all money motivating them. Just wonder which fighters kept there money, and which ones blew there money.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 17 2009, 11:19 PM) *
When he fought Roy, he looked terrible, and like he had nothing on his punches anymore. Tito needs to stick to some journeyman type fight if he really wants to win. I always wonder if some of these fighters keep fighting for the glory, or is it all money motivating them. Just wonder which fighters kept there money, and which ones blew there money.

Yea I wonder that too. But I think what a lot of it has to do is being back in the spot light. THen again you have some fighters thats been fighting since they where kids and dont know how to walk away. Fighting is all they know...they live by the glove and will die by the glove.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 17 2009, 11:29 PM) *
Yea I wonder that too. But I think what a lot of it has to do is being back in the spot light. THen again you have some fighters thats been fighting since they where kids and dont know how to walk away. Fighting is all they know...they live by the glove and will die by the glove.

I hear you. I feel kind of sad for some fighters, like what are they going to do once there career is over? Some of them I am sure do not think that far ahead.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 18 2009, 12:24 AM) *
I hear you. I feel kind of sad for some fighters, like what are they going to do once there career is over? Some of them I am sure do not think that far ahead.

Funny but not funny at the same time but they end up like Joe Frazier...living out of a gym. And every now and again put on one of their old entrance robes and come out to hit the heavy bag. LMAO
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 18 2009, 11:24 PM) *
Funny but not funny at the same time but they end up like Joe Frazier...living out of a gym. And every now and again put on one of their old entrance robes and come out to hit the heavy bag. LMAO

Yeah,unless if you're George Foreman still making mad money..

Aside from George,a lot of boxers don't remind themselves like Juan Diaz that they need something to fall back on..Diaz is smart!!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 18 2009, 04:19 AM) *

I don't think so. I think Tito still thinks he has "it". He could make good money in the millions if he fought scrubs in PR but he chooses the biggest & hardest challeneges he can for the most money. I doubt he said I will take a whoopin from Roy & Wright count my $$ & fly home. He actually thought he had a chance in those fights.

Why he ever fought Wright I have no idea as Wright brought NOTHING to the table bar some bad tattoos & a shitty record label.
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 19 2009, 12:49 AM) *
Yeah,unless if you're George Foreman still making mad money..

Aside from George,a lot of boxers don't remind themselves like Juan Diaz that they need something to fall back on..Diaz is smart!!

Real smart. I respect Diaz for that a lot. The only thing about that is you fight for 15 years or so, retire in your late 30's and come out with no job experience. That degree don't mean shit cause you still have to start at ground zero as far as pay with most jobs anyway. I hope that business degree taught him how to manage money.
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 19 2009, 01:13 AM) *
I don't think so. I think Tito still thinks he has "it". He could make good money in the millions if he fought scrubs in PR but he chooses the biggest & hardest challeneges he can for the most money. I doubt he said I will take a whoopin from Roy & Wright count my $$ & fly home. He actually thought he had a chance in those fights.

Why he ever fought Wright I have no idea as Wright brought NOTHING to the table bar some bad tattoos & a shitty record label.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Man you had me over here in tears when I read this one.

He fought Wright cause at the time Wright was one of the best out and you know Tito only goes for the big dogs.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 19 2009, 05:40 AM) *
He fought Wright cause at the time Wright was one of the best out and you know Tito only goes for the big dogs.

Yeah but Wright brought nothing to the table except he was recognized as a good fighter. He brought no name recognition or $$ whatsoever.

I have tried to like Wright but like a turd sandwich covered in chocolate it may seem sweet enough to start with but leaves a foul taste in your mouth at the end.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.