Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Forgotten BadAss
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
With all the Floyd and Manny threads going on... It's only fitting that Juan Manuel Marquez gets his own thread.

He pushes Manny to the limit on 2 occasions then when Manny goes on to fight David Diaz at 135, this fucker goes on and KOs Casamayor and Diaz. Manny then KOs Oscar and Hatton and this fucker goes on to fight Floyd Mayweather.

As much as I like Floyd, I don't see how you root against Juan Manuel Marquez. I know he has a slim chance but I'll be pulling for him.

Just want to send a shout out to the Forgotten BadAss that is Juan Manuel Marquez.
King Eugene
Great topic but at the end of the day it'll still turn into a Floyd/Manny thread cause they all have ties together and quite Frankly they are the bigger and more talked about boxers.
thehype
Who's this Marquez cat you're talking about?

laugh.gif

Seriously, I DEFINITELY think Marquez will be Floyd's toughest opponent in a long, long, LONG time.
Fitz
I love Marquez but he will be cashing out one last time and his career will go down from here on out and will slowly fade away. He will probably make a career high pay day and deservedly so, but I think his career will be on the down after this.
The CEO
One of my current favorite fighters....so complete....so smart.

Definitely a bad ass.
STEVENSKI
The essence of a warrior is JMM.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 8 2009, 12:11 AM) *
The essence of a warrior is JMM.

Did you catch his fight with Freddie Norwood? He looked like a big pussy in there scared to throw a punch.

Joking...that fight was a long time ago.
STEVENSKI
laugh.gif
kidbazooka1
Pacquiao destroyed tow bigger men in DLH and Hatton yet Marquez arguably beat him twice.

He is a certified badass and come July 18th he's gonna shock the world and be one up on Manny again.
King Eugene
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 8 2009, 01:54 AM) *
Pacquiao destroyed tow bigger men in DLH and Hatton yet Marquez arguably beat him twice.

He is a certified badass and come July 18th he's gonna shock the world and be one up on Manny again.

Please explain how he is going to shock the world? Can I get a break down of how this is going to happen?
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 8 2009, 12:58 AM) *
Please explain how he is going to shock the world? Can I get a break down of how this is going to happen?

Sure No problem.

Marquez unlike most of Gayweathers past opponents will not just stalk him he is i believe just as smart as Floyd. True he may be a bit smaller and slower but his ring generalship, being able to adapt and bigger heart will be enough to take a close but well deserved decision. And as for Marquez perfromance against Norwood that means sh*t that fight was 10 f*cking years ago when Manny was still getting KO'ed by bums.

And if he doesn't get the win he's still a muthaf*cking badass for fighting the undefeated bigger retired #1 p4p fighter in the world something Floyd would have never done.
King Eugene
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 8 2009, 02:09 AM) *
Sure No problem.

Marquez unlike most of Gayweathers past opponents will not just stalk him he is i believe just as smart as Floyd. True he may be a bit smaller and slower but his ring generalship, being able to adapt and bigger heart will be enough to take a close but well deserved decision. And as for Marquez perfromance against Norwood that means sh*t that fight was 10 f*cking years ago when Manny was still getting KO'ed by bums.

And if he doesn't get the win he's still a muthaf*cking badass for fighting the undefeated bigger retired #1 p4p fighter in the world something Floyd would have never done.

Your still not explaining exactly how he is going to be Mayweather. You say he is smaller so does that mean he wont be able to muscle him around or have his way on the inside, you say he is slower so does that mean he wont be able to beat Mayweather to the punch or will his timing be the key? Will he be able to get angles and disrupt Mayweathers rhythem? You say he'll be able to adapt....adapt to what? What is Mayweather going to do that JMM is going to have to adapt to? Please explain to me what exactly JMM will do to shock the world? You say his heart is bigger...hell Chico and Gatti has bigger hearts (as some would consider) but you still dont explain what physically he will do in that ring to pull out a victory.

Thats all I'm asking for.

You sound like I did during the Jones v. Calzaghe fight. You have no earthly idea how he can get in that ring and beat this dude. Hell atleast I was able to say he'll catch him with something he wont see coming early (which happen but didn't finish the job). Can a get a little more than He's not faster, nor bigger, but he has heart?
MarzB
I think it's great that he'll get a a huge payday after how he's had to toil in obscurity during his career. That $30K payday he got for the Chris John fight that could have went either was inexcusable and his management should have been crucified for taking that.

He'll give Mayweather a much tougher fight than Pacquiao. I like him because he not only doesn't have that traditional "macho Mexican" style but he knows how to adapt and he's very strong willed.

I think he's arguably the pound 4 pound in the sport if not 1b. Congrat$ to him in getting a multi-million dollar payday..
salvador
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 7 2009, 09:58 PM) *
As much as I like Floyd, I don't see how you root against Juan Manuel Marquez. I know he has a slim chance but I'll be pulling for him.

I don't think there's anyone on the planet, except for those family members who are direct financial beneficiaries of a Mayweather win, who are rooting against JMM.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 8 2009, 02:20 AM) *
Your still not explaining exactly how he is going to be Mayweather. You say he is smaller so does that mean he wont be able to muscle him around or have his way on the inside, you say he is slower so does that mean he wont be able to beat Mayweather to the punch or will his timing be the key? Will he be able to get angles and disrupt Mayweathers rhythem? You say he'll be able to adapt....adapt to what? What is Mayweather going to do that JMM is going to have to adapt to? Please explain to me what exactly JMM will do to shock the world? You say his heart is bigger...hell Chico and Gatti has bigger hearts (as some would consider) but you still dont explain what physically he will do in that ring to pull out a victory.

Thats all I'm asking for.

You sound like I did during the Jones v. Calzaghe fight. You have no earthly idea how he can get in that ring and beat this dude. Hell atleast I was able to say he'll catch him with something he wont see coming early (which happen but didn't finish the job). Can a get a little more than He's not faster, nor bigger, but he has heart?

How the f*ck am i supposed to know how exactly he is going to beat him. But i can tell you how i I think he might beat him. I believe Marquez will beat Floyd by out countering him. Like i said Floyd maybe quicker and bigger but he is not a volume puncher nor aggressive fighter ala Manny and Diaz. Marquez accuracy is probably better than anyone Floyd has ever faced so i believe Floyd will get hit much more than he's use to which will prevent him from letting his own leather go as much as he will like.

This is my opinion bro and trust me i know im in the minority but that will only make the victory that much sweeter and if im wrong so f*cking what atleast Marquez showed the balls to fight a bigger stonger in his prime fighter who many never gave him a chance agianst.

kidbazooka1
And you what if Marquez can't get the job done against Floyd Im sure Manny will lay his ass out ofcourse that is if Floyd doesn't price himself out first.
torvix2000
Shucks! I wish Marquez could carry his attributes up with him. There's a way for him to win, really. This is perhaps the first time that Mayweather's defenses will get penetrated. But Marquez needs to get close. He must study how to catch a fleeing chicken if he has to. And wither Floyd's smart bombs too. I don't think Marquez's chin is shaky at 135. He was hit, okay. But remember that the type of punch that "almost killed" Hatton and David Diaz, he was able to survive.

Assuming Marquez has a good chin at 143, it's still hard to imagine him learning how to catch a fleeing chicken... a chicken who potshots. But if he does, Mayweather's in for a shock of his life.

But like most haters say here: Floyd only choose opponents he can beat.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ May 8 2009, 10:04 AM) *
He must study how to catch a fleeing chicken .[/i]

LOL

Good point.

Also it has to be in Mayweathers head that Marquez fought to a standstill twice with Pacquiao the same PAcquiao who destroyed DLH but yet took Foyd to a very close decision and flattened Hatton within 2 rds who went 10 rds with Floyd.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ May 8 2009, 11:04 AM) *
I don't think Marquez's chin is shaky at 135. He was hit, okay. But remember that the type of punch that "almost killed" Hatton and David Diaz, he was able to survive.

Assuming Marquez has a good chin at 143

I am going off of his last fight with Diaz, and I clearly saw JMM wobbled a few times. Juan Diaz is not a big puncher or finisher either, or he would have stopped JMM early in the fight.

So I really see PBF stopping JMM when they fight. Floyd KNOWS he needs to make a statement, and I really think he will in this fight. Floyd talks a great game on the outside regardless, but deep down he realizes no boring pot shotting decision is going to be in his best interest. Floyd knows how important it is to show he is still the P4P best IHO.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 8 2009, 04:14 PM) *
So I really see PBF stopping JMM when they fight. Floyd KNOWS he needs to make a statement, and I really think he will in this fight. Floyd talks a great game on the outside regardless, but deep down he realizes no boring pot shotting decision is going to be in his best interest. Floyd knows how important it is to show he is still the P4P best IHO.

We all know this. The pressure's on him. Problem is if Marquez don't fold and instead dish out volumes of accurate punches. Mayweather will resort to what he did ALA Baldomir. In this case, Marquez could be at a loss.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 8 2009, 10:14 AM) *
I am going off of his last fight with Diaz, and I clearly saw JMM wobbled a few times. Juan Diaz is not a big puncher or finisher either, or he would have stopped JMM early in the fight.

The shot that hurt Marquez in the Diaz fight was a temple shot those would hurt anyoe regardless if you could punch or not.

Also i think people are over exaggerating Marquez being hurt im mean c'mon Manny had him down 4 times in there fights yet he never was able to finsh him let alone beat him convincingly.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 8 2009, 11:53 AM) *
The shot that hurt Marquez in the Diaz fight was a temple shot those would hurt anyoe regardless if you could punch or not.

Also i think people are over exaggerating Marquez being hurt im mean c'mon Manny had him down 4 times in there fights yet he never was able to finsh him let alone beat him convincingly.

No doubt Marquez is a tough SOB. I do not think he will go easily either, I just think Mayweather will be really motivated and his fast pinpoint punches will eventually get to JMM. I hope I am wrong and Juan can give him a tougher fight than I expect. I know everyone is sick of the weight and size thing too, but truly I think, as Floyd admitted too, he is fighting the smaller man.

You mention how Manny could not beat him convincinly, well JMM could outbox Pac in there fights on many occasions. JMM is NOT outboxing Floyd and putting rounds in the bank against him. But we will see in a few months.
Mean Mister Mustard
The punch that will be Mayweather's best weapon against JMM will be the jab.
Big Slim Sweet

This board's gonna be pretty hot the week of July 18.
King Eugene
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 8 2009, 10:00 AM) *
How the f*ck am i supposed to know how exactly he is going to beat him. But i can tell you how i I think he might beat him. I believe Marquez will beat Floyd by out countering him. Like i said Floyd maybe quicker and bigger but he is not a volume puncher nor aggressive fighter ala Manny and Diaz. Marquez accuracy is probably better than anyone Floyd has ever faced so i believe Floyd will get hit much more than he's use to which will prevent him from letting his own leather go as much as he will like.

This is my opinion bro and trust me i know im in the minority but that will only make the victory that much sweeter and if im wrong so f*cking what atleast Marquez showed the balls to fight a bigger stonger in his prime fighter who many never gave him a chance agianst.

This is all I was wanting to see. I think your wrong but I still wanted to know how someone thinking Marquez is going to win thinks the fight is going to play out.
Fitz
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ May 9 2009, 01:04 AM) *
I don't think Marquez's chin is shaky at 135. He was hit, okay. But remember that the type of punch that "almost killed" Hatton and David Diaz, he was able to survive.

I don't know, I remember him being seriously hurt on a few occasions against Diaz. Diaz isn't known as the biggest puncher.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 8 2009, 07:53 PM) *
I don't know, I remember him being seriously hurt on a few occasions against Diaz. Diaz isn't known as the biggest puncher.

Marquez was only hurt in the 4th rd by the temple shot other than that he was never in any seriouse trouble like you say.
Abraham P.
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 7 2009, 09:58 PM) *
With all the Floyd and Manny threads going on... It's only fitting that Juan Manuel Marquez gets his own thread.

He pushes Manny to the limit on 2 occasions then when Manny goes on to fight David Diaz at 135, this fucker goes on and KOs Casamayor and Diaz. Manny then KOs Oscar and Hatton and this fucker goes on to fight Floyd Mayweather.

Just want to send a shout out to the Forgotten BadAss that is Juan Manuel Marquez.

Totally agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.