Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chicken Floyd Want 60-40 In His Favor
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
gbh32001
WoW..As early as of now Floyd already pricing himself up tp avoid confrontation with the current pound for pound.
If this fight will not push thru becaue of the purse-split disagreement, I'll consider Floyd as the greatest ego headed boxer of all time.

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/647/roach_wants..._interim_fight/
Fitz
Unbelievable.
Mino
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ May 9 2009, 06:26 AM) *
WoW..As early as of now Floyd already pricing himself up tp avoid confrontation with the current pound for pound.
If this fight will not push thru becaue of the purse-split disagreement, I'll consider Floyd as the greatest ego headed boxer of all time.

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/647/roach_wants..._interim_fight/

Its not ego headed, its pussy headed, this is his way of avoiding an ass whoopin...
caneman
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 9 2009, 07:21 AM) *
Unbelievable.

Not to me @ all! The truth is that is only the tip of the iceberg really! When I said he will want the fight @ 147 with a 30' ring & the loins share of the $$$...I really believed it fully! I guess when you ain't really a big draw you can only hope that you can make people hate you so much that they buy the PPV just to see you get your ass whipped! That would be the best thing to happen to boxing IMO! For 2 reasons, one it would knock him down a few pegs & two MAYBE we could see the fighter that is as good as he THINKS he is!
Sugar Q
True PBF wants 60% but why not also write that Pacquiao wants 60-65%. Fair is Fair.
caneman
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 9 2009, 08:52 AM) *
True PBF wants 60% but why not also write that Pacquiao wants 60-65%. Fair is Fair.

60-65% huh? I think he has that right in this case!
torvix2000

Removing People from Floyd's Jock
gbh32001
QUOTE (caneman @ May 9 2009, 08:46 PM) *
Not to me @ all! The truth is that is only the tip of the iceberg really! When I said he will want the fight @ 147 with a 30' ring & the loins share of the $$$...I really believed it fully! I guess when you ain't really a big draw you can only hope that you can make people hate you so much that they buy the PPV just to see you get your ass whipped! That would be the best thing to happen to boxing IMO! For 2 reasons, one it would knock him down a few pegs & two MAYBE we could see the fighter that is as good as he THINKS he is!
Until now the world still awaits to see him as good as what he think he is.....
Lil-lightsout
Mayweather is delusional already. How can even fathom getting the bigger purse? He has been off for over a year, when Pac has been active.

The more I hear from Roach, the more I despise him too. Manny and Roach had Zero problems letting Oscar fight at 147, cause he knew he would be drained. But he will not let Mosley come in at 147, because he knows Manny would get KTFO. He also wants Cotto at catchweight too if they would fight. He wants these fighters that fight Manny to be drained. My take is, if Manny wants to fight these bigger fighters(Welterweights) for more money, let them fight at there comfortable weight so they can do there best. I guess he does not mind if Manny's wins would have an * after them. Manny should fight 140 pounders for less money then, these catchweights get to be stupid, and Roach wants these welterweights as drained as possible. Screw Roach, I see what he is doing. If he was really confident he had the best fighter, it would not matter.
salvador
Floyd's not pricing himself out of anything.

At 32 Floyd knows he'll never get an opportunity to make this much money this easily and look so good doing it again. My guess is that Arum's going to laugh like hell when the JMM-Floyd PPV numbers come out and insist that Pac gets AT LEAST 55% out of principle - WHICH FLOYD WILL SECRETLY BE THRILLED WITH.

Floyd took the short end of the stick against DLH and I believe Hatton. Floyd knows he's not a draw (which makes the JMM fight a questionable gamble) and that he needs stars to make the money. He'll take 50% of the purse and even as low as 40% because it's the most money he can make anywhere (by a wide margin) and for the least risk.

Floyd ain't stupid. He's just talkin' shit, as usual.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 9 2009, 09:06 AM) *
Mayweather is delusional already. How can even fathom getting the bigger purse? He has been off for over a year, when Pac has been active.

The more I hear from Roach, the more I despise him too. Manny and Roach had Zero problems letting Oscar fight at 147, cause he knew he would be drained. But he will not let Mosley come in at 147, because he knows Manny would get KTFO. He also wants Cotto at catchweight too if they would fight. He wants these fighters that fight Manny to be drained. My take is, if Manny wants to fight these bigger fighters(Welterweights) for more money, let them fight at there comfortable weight so they can do there best. I guess he does not mind if Manny's wins would have an * after them. Manny should fight 140 pounders for less money then, these catchweights get to be stupid, and Roach wants these welterweights as drained as possible. Screw Roach, I see what he is doing. If he was really confident he had the best fighter, it would not matter.

I agree it is a shit move to make Mosley come down. That being said, Pacquiao should not be fighting welterweights unless he fights Mayeather who seems to be willing to fight at a catchweight.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 9 2009, 09:06 AM) *

I agree LL but I think their starting the negotiations high cause who ever came in it 50% would get the short end. Roach is making unrealistic demands the shame is all the cats in here buying into it.
Mean Mister Mustard
One thing is for sure, for a fight of this magnitude both parties are going to want to win everything they can be it negotiations, ring size, who walks in first etc.
Box in Hand
It seems as if everyone is missing the point. Floyd is negotiating and that is the name of the game. This has the potential to be bigger than Floyd and Oscar so why not go for the lion's share. Floyd is not scared of Manny and Roach knows this is a potential nightmare for Pac as he stated

His ideal scenario - a dream come true, he said -- is an upset by Marquez in July. That way Pacquiao wouldnt have to fight Mayweather, against whom Pacquiao doesnt match up well, and hed get a third meeting with the Mexican fighter and a chance to prove he is the better of the two.

Roach also likes prospective matchups against Shane Mosley and Miguel Cotto more than Mayweather.

Its the biggest fight out there for Manny, which is what we want, Roach said of Mayweather. I think its a very, very tough fight, though. Its winnable, but a counter-puncher style gives us the most difficulty.

Everyone here dislikes Floyd so much that you nit pick his moves. This is chess not checkers and so far he is the king.

I hate his attitude just as much as everyone else but he's smart, schrewed, calculated, and would probably decapitate Manny. The only one that's got a chance is Paul Williams and maybe Cotto, who seems to be going ape shit after that plaster ass whooping he got.
salvador
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 9 2009, 09:02 AM) *
One thing is for sure, for a fight of this magnitude both parties are going to want to win everything they can be it negotiations, ring size, who walks in first etc.

Yeah, but at the end of the day Floyd doesn't really give a shit as long as it gets done. I think that growing up in a boxing family has given him a solid grasp of the business side of it which is: this is a huge paycheck with relatively little risk. There's no other fight out there for him that is half as good on a risk/reward basis.

Floyd will pretend to care about all the non-cash issues, but he'll sign on the dotted line even if it's for 40% of the purse. He ain't stupid.

And Arum knows he ain't stupid.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 9 2009, 10:13 AM) *
It seems as if everyone is missing the point. Floyd is negotiating and that is the name of the game. This has the potential to be bigger than Floyd and Oscar so why not go for the lion's share. Floyd is not scared of Manny and Roach knows this is a potential nightmare for Pac as he stated

His ideal scenario - a dream come true, he said -- is an upset by Marquez in July. That way Pacquiao wouldnt have to fight Mayweather, against whom Pacquiao doesnt match up well, and hed get a third meeting with the Mexican fighter and a chance to prove he is the better of the two.

Roach also likes prospective matchups against Shane Mosley and Miguel Cotto more than Mayweather.

Its the biggest fight out there for Manny, which is what we want, Roach said of Mayweather. I think its a very, very tough fight, though. Its winnable, but a counter-puncher style gives us the most difficulty.

Everyone here dislikes Floyd so much that you nit pick his moves. This is chess not checkers and so far he is the king.

I hate his attitude just as much as everyone else but he's smart, schrewed, calculated, and would probably decapitate Manny. The only one that's got a chance is Paul Williams and maybe Cotto, who seems to be going ape shit after that plaster ass whooping he got.

Well said Box I second that.
gbh32001
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 9 2009, 10:13 PM) *

Very well said...But I doubt Cotto has chance also..PW is given cause of size advantage and the volume of punches he thrown per round. Floyd will toy Cotto, JMM has a better chance IMO than the rest of them except that JMM shows early fatigue during his last outings. I really believe that Floyd never retired, he just simply go to a foxhole and wait for the best prey that he can snatch with his comfort zone.
Sugar Q
Floyd?Cotto would be a good fight but I too think Floyd handles Cotto. Too slick and too smart.
JD
Cotto's feet are too slow. I actually think Floyd would handle Cotto with no problem.
1zz
BS.
JD
QUOTE (1zz @ May 9 2009, 10:42 AM) *
BS.

Could be. The only way we would find out is if Floyd fought Cotto. If the fight happened, I would pick Floyd going away.
caneman
we will never know cause guys like Cotto, Mosley, PWill & a few others will never be on his hit list! lolz! this whole thing is funny to me!
Spyder
You can't blame Floyd for wanting more money...just like you can't blame Pacquiao for wanting more. It doesn't make him a chicken. It just makes him a dude that wants to get paid.

I don't think this fight will happen because of the money issues.
D-MARV
Do you guys expect him to come out and say he'll take the short end? LMAO.

D-MARV
QUOTE (caneman @ May 9 2009, 08:46 AM) *

LMAO yahoo.gif
salvador
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 9 2009, 10:19 AM) *
Do you guys expect him to come out and say he'll take the short end? LMAO.

It's kind of basic, isn't it?

Does anyone know what the split was for the Floyd-Hatton fight? I'd suspect that Hatton got the lion's share there - partiuclarly in England.

Floyd's smart. He might posture for the cameras, but it's not like there's any chance he's going to turn this fight down.

The CEO
I think the purse for that fight should be split 50/50....and after a whole bunch of posturing and semantics., I have a strong feeling that's exactly what it will be....

This fight WILL happen.
JD
60 / 40 is Floyd's way of telling Arum that they are not getting the lions share.

In the end, I think we have to see what Pac - Hatton did before we can even begin to guesstimate who gets what.
caneman
Well other than Hatton & fishnets...his high PPV #'s are around 300k! the highest was about 350 vs judah & 330 vs gatti! that is pretty fun huh?
D-MARV
QUOTE (caneman @ May 9 2009, 11:30 AM) *
Well other than Hatton & fishnets...his high PPV #'s are around 300k! the highest was about 350 vs judah & 330 vs gatti! that is pretty fun huh?

What were Pacquiao's numbers before Hatton and Fishnets Smart guy?
D-MARV
At the end of the day 50-50 @ 143 is fair.
caneman
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 9 2009, 11:34 AM) *
What were Pacquiao's numbers before Hatton and Fishnets Smart guy?

500k is low for pacman since the 2nd morrales fight! so did you enter to win a pair of floyd's manties yet bruh?
Spyder
At the end of the day 50-50 @ 143 is fair.

I agree. I just don't see either fighter agreeing with us. lol
The CEO
Floyd transcended the sport....there's all those Pro Wrestling and Reality Show fans who know who he is now....

He deserves 50% in that fight....no more, no less iMo.....
jp
QUOTE (caneman @ May 9 2009, 11:39 AM) *
500k is low for pacman since the 2nd morrales fight! so did you enter to win a pair of floyd's manties yet bruh?

The most Pac has ever done before DLH was 400k against Marquez in their second fight. Floyd doesn't have a bunch on "fans" in the traditional sense but people definitely tune into his fights. The "badguy" sells too whether people want to admit it or not.

PBF vs Hatton did 915k, arum is "estimating" that Pac vs Hatton did around 900k.
PBF v DLH did 2.1 million, Pac vs DLH did 1.25 million.

I guarantee that Floyd vs Marquez does better than the 400k that Pac vs Marquez II did. 50/50 is a fair split.
salvador
QUOTE (jp @ May 9 2009, 11:30 AM) *
The most Pac has ever done before DLH was 400k against Marquez in their second fight. Floyd doesn't have a bunch on "fans" in the traditional sense but people definitely tune into his fights. The "badguy" sells too whether people want to admit it or not.

PBF vs Hatton did 915k, arum is "estimating" that Pac vs Hatton did around 900k.
PBF v DLH did 2.1 million, Pac vs DLH did 1.25 million.

I guarantee that Floyd vs Marquez does better than the 400k that Pac vs Marquez II did. 50/50 is a fair split.

I think it's fair to say that Pac-JMM 3 would do at least 500k buys right now, if not 750k.

I also think it's important to accept the fact that Pac is taking way more risk in this fight because he's moving up in weight for a fight he doesn't necessarily need. Pac has more options than Floyd, and there's every reason to believe that after this fight Floyd's reputation will be improved and Pac's will be diminished.

If I was Arum I wouldn't do this for a penny less than 60% of the purse and it would be at 140. And if Floyd turns it down, I'd let Floyd swing in the wind, coming up with excuses as to why he's not fighting Williams or the Cotto-Clottey winner. Because if Floyd can't make 140, then HE IS A REAL WW. And if he's a real WW, then he should be fighting other real WWs or he should get off the stage.
Fitz
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 9 2009, 11:06 PM) *
The more I hear from Roach, the more I despise him too.

Welcome on board. Here's a present I made.

Fitz
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 9 2009, 10:52 PM) *

That's strange. You have been posting actively since I made this post to you.

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...st&p=435712
jp
I think it's fair to say that Pac-JMM 3 would do at least 500k buys right now, if not 750k.

I think 500-600k is very realistic for Pac/JMM 3, which is exactly where I expect PBF/JMM to come in at.

I also think it's important to accept the fact that Pac is taking way more risk in this fight because he's moving up in weight for a fight he doesn't necessarily need.

Agreed, I don't think anyone can dispute that. That doesn't necessarily equate to him getting a bigger spilt vs floyd.

Pac has more options than Floyd, and there's every reason to believe that after this fight Floyd's reputation will be improved and Pac's will be diminished

I hear this a lot and I'm not really sure how people come to this conclusion. Both guys would do comparable numbers against either Cotto or Shane. If Floyd beats JMM and Pac fights Shane isntead, Floyd could make a fight with Cotto or vice versa, it's not like Floyd is left out in the cold if Pac and his team pass on this fight. Both guys can make good money with other fights but, neither guy makes more money than if they fought each other.

If I was Arum I wouldn't do this for a penny less than 60% of the purse and it would be at 140. And if Floyd turns it down, I'd let Floyd swing in the wind, coming up with excuses as to why he's not fighting Williams or the Cotto-Clottey winner. Because if Floyd can't make 140, then HE IS A REAL WW. And if he's a real WW, then he should be fighting other real WWs or he should get off the stage.

He could do that but I think we're going to see the same shit that happened with the Hatton fight happen here. There's going to be a ton of back and forth between both camps but they will finally settle on something. Monetary disputes have been happening in boxing forever and I'm not sure why people would be surprised that it's going to take place here. This is THE fight to make in boxing right now and I think it actually can do similar numbers to PBF vs DLH, both camps know that and the fight will eventually get done.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 9 2009, 12:42 PM) *
Welcome on board. Here's a present I made.

laugh.gif That is so wrong... but I can not stop laughing!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (salvador @ May 9 2009, 11:40 AM) *
Because if Floyd can't make 140, then HE IS A REAL WW. And if he's a real WW, then he should be fighting other real WWs or he should get off the stage.

Goddamnit yes! This fight should be at 140 for 50/50 (Floyd's numbers are historically better). Fuck a catchweight. 143 for Marquez as a step towards getting down to 140 for this SUPERfight is one thing, but enough's enough. Fight Pacman at 140, or Mosley at 147 or go the fuck home.
Fitz
QUOTE (jp @ May 10 2009, 02:30 AM) *
The most Pac has ever done before DLH was 400k against Marquez in their second fight.

Still beats Mayweather's best before the DLH fight.

Mayweather vs Gatti 340,000
Mayweather vs Judah 350,000
Mayweather vs Baldomir 325,000
jp
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 9 2009, 01:17 PM) *
Still beats Mayweather's best before the DLH fight.

Mayweather vs Gatti 340,000
Mayweather vs Judah 350,000
Mayweather vs Baldomir 325,000

It's a moot point....Floyd has done more PPV business than Pac that's indisputable, against the same opponents the fights that PBF were in generated more money. Getting in a debate about who is the bigger draw is pointless, a lot of people hate Floyd and just have a problem giving him credit.

Both guys are huge stars right now, a fight between the two of them is WHITE hot, 50/50 is a fair split.
D-MARV
QUOTE (caneman @ May 9 2009, 11:39 AM) *

You're full of shit! Prove it!
gbh32001
QUOTE (Big Slim @ May 10 2009, 01:12 AM) *
Goddamnit yes! This fight should be at 140 for 50/50 (Floyd's numbers are historically better). Fuck a catchweight. 143 for Marquez as a step towards getting down to 140 for this SUPERfight is one thing, but enough's enough. Fight Pacman at 140, or Mosley at 147 or go the fuck home.
This maybe a perfect deal! 60-40 In favor for Pac at 147, or 50-50 for both at 140....Floyd is a bigger draw in terms of PPV period, because Manny was upcoming and Floyd already been there done that. When Manny defeated MAB(2X),EM(1L+2W by KO),JMM(D+SD), Floyd was unanimously pound for pound since. But as they said, "it takes two to tango" but if the promoter will kill this event just bec of previous grudge over the other then this generation will not see the golden years of boxing just like 50's,70's and 80's.
D-MARV
All parties are willing to make this fight. They just don't want to give up the lion's share.
gbh32001
Does JMM-Floyd is a decoy?....The game of cat and mouse begins.....

http://www.cbssports.com/boxing/story/11725298
salvador
QUOTE (Big Slim @ May 9 2009, 12:12 PM) *

The truth is that fighting JMM at 143 is a chickenshit move as well. Seriously, if Floyd can't make 140 then he shouldn't bother fighting Pacquiao. And if he can make 140, then he should fight JMM at 140.

The amazing thing is that people seem to take it for granted that this behavior is ok. I really hope Arum lets Floyd twist in the wind on this one. I don't want to see Floyd-Pac at anything above 140.

D-MARV
140 is fair as long as it's 50-50.
Method
140, and the split should be 60-40 or 55-45 in Paq's favor. Let Floyd either accept that, or let him rot on the vine. Manny Paq does NOT need FLoyd Mayweather.

If nobody sees that Manny deserves the lion's share of the purse here, you're a no hoper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.