Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV 8PM (CST) Camacho vs. Campas
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
This thread is for any results of the Camacho-Campas fight. Due to the anticipated low interest of this match, especially as a PPV, it will not be pinned up as a round by round thread. Just put the results and comments inside when known.

Jack

Administrator
Mean Mister Mustard
Might as well close this one down Jack.
Romulus9
Split draw.

76-76
77-75 Campas
78-74 Camacho

Time to start the clamoring for a rematch.
D-MARV
Who are these guys?
JonnyBlaze
I wonder what suckers bought this POS PPV..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 10 2009, 12:12 AM) *

hahahaha..That says so much..I think Damarv. was just jokin around that he doesn't know who Camacho is..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 10 2009, 12:52 AM) *
Was he? I wasn't sure. Haven't seen a great deal of Camacho, a bit before my time and haven't gone back to watch his earlier fights. But I started getting into boxing from the DLH-Whitaker (My first live PPV), but I remember watching the DLH-Camacho fight soon after that. Camacho was cocky, lol. He had a pretty cool name though.
Hector "Macho" Camacho.

Camacho is also a guy I'm not very knowledgable with..I guess I'm assuming most boxing fans like us have heard of Hector "Macho" Camacho..He's not someone I've ever had a interest of knowing more about..I do a shit load of reading on boxers and try to boost my knowledge of the past and present as much as I can but he's never a guy I read up on or watch when I'm in the mood for some classics..
kidbazooka1
Camacho was a baddass when he was at lightweight he would have troubled any top 135 of the time but that single left hook from Edwin Rosario changed his fighting style and heart for good.

Camacho had shown an iron chin through his career going the distance agianst Chavez, Tito and DLH despite being way past his prime in the last two fights. Rosario put him on queer street badly. I guessed Camacho didn't like how that felt so he became survivor for the rest of his career after that incident though he did get the W over Rosario but most including myself felt Rosario deserved the decision.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 10 2009, 02:13 AM) *
Camacho was a baddass when he was at lightweight he would have troubled any top 135 of the time but that single left hook from Edwin Rosario changed his fighting style and heart for good.

Camacho had shown an iron chin through his career going the distance agianst Chavez, Tito and DLH despite being way past his prime in the last two fights. Rosario put him on queer street badly. I guessed Camacho didn't like how that felt so he became survivor for the rest of his career after that incident though he did get the W over Rosario but most including myself felt Rosario deserved the decision.

I dont think he has/had an iron chin. It was his style to run and potshot. Thats what he did with those guys. He wasnt really that different from Floyd Mayweather Jr. He does alot of the same stuff. The difference is that Mayweather is a much better counterpuncher. Hard to beleive Macho is still fighting... isnt he pushing 50??
kidbazooka1
Yes Camacho ran alot but he also got hit alot you don't take punches from the likes of Chavez, Tito and DLH and not get stopped without having a helluva chin. Go back and watch those fights and you'll see Camcho took some brutal punishment there's no denying the guy had a chin.

The bad thing about the guy is most people remember him only for the Chavez, Tito and DLH beatings but he also beat some pretty damn good fighters and was a very talented boxer. I remember reading back when he was a lightweight that he was suppossed to face off with Whitaker both were regarded as slick boxers but believe it or not Camcho was favored by many to beat Sweet Pea thats how highly ragarded and skillfull he was.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 10 2009, 01:28 AM) *
I dont think he has/had an iron chin. It was his style to run and potshot. Thats what he did with those guys. He wasnt really that different from Floyd Mayweather Jr. He does alot of the same stuff. The difference is that Mayweather is a much better counterpuncher. Hard to beleive Macho is still fighting... isnt he pushing 50??

Vinsom Durham who fought James Toney and other big named guys trains guys outta my gym and he just had an exhibition tonight at our gym..He is 47..He spars with the best light heavy outta Chicago who fights outta our gym and Vince does really good..He weighs about 205 right now..He's gonna be one of my main sparring partners as soon as I get back to sparring again..
kidbazooka1
Check this one out against Bazooka Limon who was a top fighter of the time.

fight
D-MARV
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 10 2009, 01:32 AM) *
hahahaha..That says so much..I think Damarv. was just jokin around that he doesn't know who Camacho is..

Yeah, I was joking...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 10 2009, 01:13 AM) *

yep.. edwin rosario stole the macho mans heart for good... he became a runner after that fight...
Mean Mister Mustard
He claims he was nervous during the Rosario fight because his mother and father were fighitng in the dressing room.

Anyway like Bazooka said, Camacho in his time was pretty good. He was a top guy although I don't remember him taking a beating in the DLH. He ran a lot but a beating was the Chavez fight that's for sure.

He, Camacho, also beat some good guys like Haugen, Paz, Ramirez, Rosario Limon etc.
BigG
Camacho was a very very good fighter. Underrated, IMO. But Chavez put the beatdown on him worse than anyone...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 10 2009, 10:41 AM) *
yep.. edwin rosario stole the macho mans heart for good... he became a runner after that fight...

Exactly. Camacho was more of a sideshow than a real fighter. The dude lacked heart in all of his tests after that.
RealPuya
Camacho is on the All Time Best Chin!!! He took Chavez, Trinidad, De La Hoya, Ray Mancini…best punch on their prime and none of them couldn’t finish him…Camacho in my opinion was as talent gifted as Floyd…the only difference was Camacho lack of discipline and no punching power. Camacho is a sample how drugs can finish your career and talent wasted!!!
I remember against Vinny Pazienza, in the break from round 10 to 11…he didn’t when to the corner…instead he when to talk to the girl model that was showing the round card…
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (RealPuya @ May 10 2009, 03:45 PM) *
Camacho is on the All Time Best Chin!!! He took Chavez, Trinidad, De La Hoya, Ray Mancini…best punch on their prime and none of them couldn’t finish him…Camacho in my opinion was as talent gifted as Floyd…the only difference was Camacho lack of discipline and no punching power. Camacho is a sample how drugs can finish your career and talent wasted!!!
I remember against Vinny Pazienza, in the break from round 10 to 11…he didn’t when to the corner…instead he when to talk to the girl model that was showing the round card…

It's too bad that fans usually only remember you from your latest perfromances because If you watched Camcho is his prime you'll know that he wasn't just a sideshow he was a world class talented boxer with an iron chin.

Camacho has beaten the likes of......

Howard Davis Jr.
Bazooka Limon
Vinny Paz
Jose Luis Ramirez
Edwin Rosario
Ray Mancini
Cornelius Boza Edwards

Not a bad list and considering the only two fighters to beat him in his prime were Chavez and Haugen. He should definitly get into the HOF when his time comes.
Romulus9
Rosario and Mancini both beat Camacho. =)

I'm just sayin'.

Now, that he's gotten rid of the ring rust, I want to see Camacho fight Mosley.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ May 10 2009, 04:38 PM) *
Rosario and Mancini both beat Camacho. =)

I'm just sayin'.

Now, that he's gotten rid of the ring rust, I want to see Camacho fight Mosley.

Are you kidding me The Macho Man will lay the smack down on Mosley.

j/k

yeah i though Rosario beat him aswell but it was a close fight.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 10 2009, 01:42 PM) *
Exactly. Camacho was more of a sideshow than a real fighter. The dude lacked heart in all of his tests after that.

even after that fight i remember he was considered a threat to chavez... well later when chavez was 140 lbs... camacho was a very good fighter that chavez treated like damn near a rag doll for 12 rounds.. i thought he had a good chin but the rosario fight runined what could have been a great career.. then again if rosario didnt do it someone else would have.. heart is in a fighter not earned or learned... he would have been exposed sooner or later... for the record i forget who it was but someone compared camacho to floyd jr. and said floyd was just a better counter puncher and that is the furthest thing from the truth... floyd talks a lot of shit to try to sell tickets but i get the feeling that on the night he truley gets tested and its all on the line win or lose he will walk out the ring showing he has the heart in the game unlike camacho who in the big fights seemed to not bring his a game... he had the skill but not the mind set... just my opinion...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 10 2009, 04:50 PM) *
It's too bad that fans usually only remember you from your latest perfromances because If you watched Camcho is his prime you'll know that he wasn't just a sideshow he was a world class talented boxer with an iron chin.

Howard Davis Jr.
Bazooka Limon
Vinny Paz
Jose Luis Ramirez
Edwin Rosario
Ray Mancini
Cornelius Boza Edwards

Not a bad list and considering the only two fighters to beat him in his prime were Chavez and Haugen. He should definitly get into the HOF when his time comes.

The only reason I said sideshow was because THE way he fought after the Rosario fight. I seen many of his fights live, and he just did not have the mentality to be great. He should have never lost to Haugen if he was great, Haugen was garbage. Whitaker beat Haugen like a novice amateur. And all he did against Chavez and Tito was freaking run and hold and take a beating, not the stuff that champs are usually made of.
Big Slim Sweet
Camacho is an all-time great how many other men can say they own wins over both Sugar Ray Leonard and Roberto Duran? laugh.gif
RealPuya
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 10 2009, 04:50 PM) *

Howard Davis Jr.
Bazooka Limon
Vinny Paz
Jose Luis Ramirez
Edwin Rosario
Ray Mancini
Cornelius Boza Edwards

I'm glad that you mention all those names and that he only lost on his prime to Chavez & Haugen...Imagine if he was discipline and free of drug...He would beat both of them!!! Here is a link to those want to know who was Macho Camacho.

Macho Time

kidbazooka1
Camacho was also an orginator i can't remember though if it was him or Paez who started with the crazy trunks and ring walks.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (RealPuya @ May 11 2009, 12:28 AM) *
I'm glad that you mention all those names and that he only lost on his prime to Chavez & Haugen...Imagine if he was discipline and free of drug...He would beat both of them!!! Here is a link to those want to know who was Macho Camacho.

Macho Time

He would have beaten Haugen but he never would have beaten Chavez.
BigG
Its MACHO TIME!
Romulus9
I just watched my DVD of the fight for the first time.

Scored it 77-75 for Camacho.

Camacho wants a rematch.

Campas wants to fight Trinidad.

Dundee says these guys fought great and should fight for the title.

My brain is numb.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ May 15 2009, 12:36 AM) *
I just watched my DVD of the fight for the first time.
Campas wants to fight Trinidad.

Dundee says these guys fought great and should fight for the title.

WTF Dundee is loseing it big time.
JonnyBlaze
Kidbazooka,who do you think would win in a fantasy fight between Camacho and Alexis Arguello??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.