Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Abraham P.
I don't want to rain on Mannys parade because I think he' s good but not great!! but has any of you guys noticed that he throws punches with his eyes close and facing down, that's the reason he had problems with JMM becasue JMM is a very technical boxer that really knows how to throw punches. And I heard that Manny is saying that JMM vs Mayweather will be boring, well both fights against Casamayor and Diaz were very exciting even to consider it as fight of the year, but we can't say the same thing about Manny because against David Diaz, De la Hoya & Hatton pacquiao looked GREAT becasue the other guys look REALLY BAD!! again I have nothing against Pacman but if he's good Marquez is just as great.
STEVENSKI
Check my avatar. If that is the results of him not knowing how to punch then I hope he never learns how to.
Romulus9
Manny doesn't know how to throw punches.... uh huh... yeah...

Whatever you say.

And Diaz, de la Hoya, and Hatton didn't look really bad because Pacquiao was just better than they were and made them look bad. That couldn't be it. There have been 40-some-odd guys who have just been flat out awful against Pacquiao. Manny's okay but all those belts must be in his possession because his management team has to be full of absolutely BRILLIANT matchmakers. That's the only answer that makes any sense. On talent and ability alone, he's not even one of the top 15 fighters in his division. Which division? Pick one. Now that you've exposed his primary deficiency in a public forum, he may never win another fight. I bet Cory Spinks would knock him cold inside two rounds.

Please, pretty please, provide more analysis. In case we run out of toilet paper before I can get back to the store, I'll need something to wipe with.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
AussieLad
Has anyone noticed that roger federer actually has his eyes closed alot of the time when he hits a ball. It must be just luck he doesnt hit himslef in the nuts everytime he swings

Here he is closing his eyes while serving, and opening as soon as his raquet hits the ball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjyu2nTI_XI

Manny doesnt throw punches, he fires missiles
D-MARV
Manny is pound for pound the best puncher in the sport. That is one thing that is NOT debatable.
AussieLad
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 11 2009, 10:05 AM) *
Best puncher? I think there are fighters that have much better technique than him like Cotto and while I think he is one of the hardest punchers p4p, I think there could be some more who can claim to be about on par on him in power. It's very debatable.

What about the combination of speed and power? Theres not many

I dont think Pac is the best puncher, not technically, but considering all 3 factors of technique, speed and power... he rates pretty highly
JD
Pacquiao sucks.
D-MARV
Pacquiao has pretty bad technique.

But when you're talking about speed and power then I rate him as the very best.

I think he's the hardest puncher pound for pound.
Abraham P.
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 10 2009, 10:58 PM) *
Check my avatar. If that is the results of him not knowing how to punch then I hope he never learns how to.

I'm not saying he's not a great puncher, I'm saying he lacks of technique but if he learns that he'll be super good>
Abraham P.
QUOTE (AussieLad @ May 11 2009, 02:59 AM) *
Has anyone noticed that roger federer actually has his eyes closed alot of the time when he hits a ball. It must be just luck he doesnt hit himslef in the nuts everytime he swings

Here he is closing his eyes while serving, and opening as soon as his raquet hits the ball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjyu2nTI_XI

Manny doesnt throw punches, he fires missiles

That's different you can do that in other sports but not in boxing because you'll encounter a techinical boxer like Floyd and he'll knock you out pretty much like he knocked out Hatton the first time, he moved and Pow!!!
Sugar Q
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 11 2009, 10:01 AM) *

Pacquiao is a great puncher without a doubt but I would have to see him in with someone who can really take a puncher before I say he's the hardest puncher. If Cotto comes out of the Clottey fight ok we will see just how great Pacquaio truly is.
Box in Hand
I have read several articles now from Manny's people and the truth is starting to get louder. Manny's people don't want him to fight Mayweather. A new article on BoxingScene.com suggest they would rather fight Cotto because he comes foward which is suited to Manny's style. People always give Floyd shit but c'mon. The article goes on to say that Mayweather's movement (They call it running) would give Manny problems. Boxing is the art of hit and not get hit. At least that's what I was always told. Most fans want blood and guts but that shortens a fighters life span in the ring, for example, Corrales, Castillo, Hatton, Ali, etc. were different after their historic battles. Floyd has the greatest hit without being hit percentage in the game. In a sense he is like Lyoto Machida. He is not a crowd pleaser but from a boxing perspective he is damn near flawless. My point to this post is, Manny's handlers know they have a very slim chance of beating Mayweather.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 11 2009, 02:10 PM) *
I have read several articles now from Manny's people and the truth is starting to get louder. Manny's people don't want him to fight Mayweather. A new article on BoxingScene.com suggest they would rather fight Cotto because he comes foward which is suited to Manny's style. People always give Floyd shit but c'mon. The article goes on to say that Mayweather's movement (They call it running) would give Manny problems. Boxing is the art of hit and not get hit. At least that's what I was always told. Most fans want blood and guts but that shortens a fighters life span in the ring, for example, Corrales, Castillo, Hatton, Ali, etc. were different after their historic battles. Floyd has the greatest hit without being hit percentage in the game. In a sense he is like Lyoto Machida. He is not a crowd pleaser but from a boxing perspective he is damn near flawless. My point to this post is, Manny's handlers know they have a very slim chance of beating Mayweather.

But Cotto has a much better chance of knocking out Manny than Floyd does, because of the way he sits down on his punches. I think Manny could be a little more brave and take chances against Floyd than Cotto. Plus Cotto is a hard bodypuncher, I would steer clear of Cotto(if hew beats Clottey). Mosley would destroy Manny, that fight definately ain't happening.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 11 2009, 03:03 PM) *
But Cotto has a much better chance of knocking out Manny than Floyd does, because of the way he sits down on his punches. I think Manny could be a little more brave and take chances against Floyd than Cotto. Plus Cotto is a hard bodypuncher, I would steer clear of Cotto(if hew beats Clottey). Mosley would destroy Manny, that fight definately ain't happening.

I agree Cotto is a very dangerous fight if he gets past Clottey but Arum's greedy ass will still be in control that's why he's taking a chance with Cotto. A win/win for Arum but very dangerous for Pacquiao.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ May 11 2009, 02:03 AM) *
Manny doesn't know how to throw punches.... uh huh... yeah...

Whatever you say.

And Diaz, de la Hoya, and Hatton didn't look really bad because Pacquiao was just better than they were and made them look bad. That couldn't be it. There have been 40-some-odd guys who have just been flat out awful against Pacquiao. Manny's okay but all those belts must be in his possession because his management team has to be full of absolutely BRILLIANT matchmakers. That's the only answer that makes any sense. On talent and ability alone, he's not even one of the top 15 fighters in his division. Which division? Pick one. Now that you've exposed his primary deficiency in a public forum, he may never win another fight. I bet Cory Spinks would knock him cold inside two rounds.

Please, pretty please, provide more analysis. In case we run out of toilet paper before I can get back to the store, I'll need something to wipe with.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

lol,.....classic
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 11 2009, 03:12 PM) *
I agree Cotto is a very dangerous fight if he gets past Clottey but Arum's greedy ass will still be in control that's why he's taking a chance with Cotto. A win/win for Arum but very dangerous for Pacquiao.

Cotto is all wrong for Pacman,........Cotto, so is Mosely....

PBF is a much better match for him,....
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 11 2009, 09:01 AM) *

Totally agree..When he KO'd Hatton,Hatton had a opportunity for a straight right when Pac-man dropped his left before throwing the finishing shot..Hatton dropped his right hand too and it wasn't because he was throwing a punch..Could he of been faking to the body??Maybe..It looks like he might have been..

He finally has a right hook,yet he winds it all the way back when he throws it when he should throw it from where his hand is in the beginning..His speed has allowed him to not get caught by some of these guys..Floyd would exploit him..Pac-man has improved a lot in very important areas,if he fixed his technique,he would be a hell of a lot better..

Boxingstill#1,thanks for the videos,that really helped show just what I explained..Study those things..They look really good at first glance though..
AussieLad
Good observation. Looking at the above vid, he dropped his left down as if he was throwing a body punch, hatton moves to cover his ribs leaving the head open, and the rest is history. It does look like he faked a body punch
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (AussieLad @ May 11 2009, 04:43 PM) *
Good observation. Looking at the above vid, he dropped his left down as if he was throwing a body punch, hatton moves to cover his ribs leaving the head open, and the rest is history. It does look like he faked a body punch

Yeah it definitely was a fake..

I really like studying fights a lot..Studying meaning a lot of rewinding and slow motion..hahaha..Archie Moore is one of my favorite guys to study..His punch that he hit Marciano with that knocked him down also knocked down Durelle..You know who picked up that move too??James Toney..Toney used that move a lot against Jirov..Toney picked a lot up from Moore..Joe Louis even learned some stuff from Archie..
caneman
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 11 2009, 06:04 AM) *
Manny is pound for pound the best puncher in the sport. That is one thing that is NOT debatable.

wow you actually give the man some love! I am shocked! You are a good fan though so I understand!

Pacman might not be be the best tech wise but what he does is when he sees an opening, he takes it & does not hesitate to let his hands go! But hey, I ain't mad @ him!!! He is a real fighter who take on all comers & I like that a lot in an all time great! If more fighters today had Pacman's mind set WE MIGHT NOT BE STUCK ON HOW GREAT THE OLD TIMERS WERE & DISRESPECTING SOME OF THESE YOUNGER/NEWER FIGHTERS! AND YES YOU COULD SAY I AM SCREAMING THIS! JD what is up with Pacman sux? you lose some $$$? if you bet against him, you deserve it bro!!!
caneman
oh yea blaze, moore done great things, much like bob foster did! bot guys would have knocked roy jones head clear off cause the would have been will to take what roy was giving!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 11 2009, 02:03 PM) *

we are on he same page here lil lights-out.. my thinking is that floyd is not nearly as strong a puncher as cotto.. cotto will be a threat at all times to knock him out and cotto for sure isnt going out like hatton did... floyyd probably out boxes him but he at least will have a better chance of landing that thunder he is packing.. he'll be able to land his thinder on cotto but he will be getting some thunder back from a naturally bigger man...
D-MARV
QUOTE (caneman @ May 11 2009, 07:20 PM) *
oh yea blaze, moore done great things, much like bob foster did! bot guys would have knocked roy jones head clear off cause the would have been will to take what roy was giving!

I find it hard to find anyone who would beat a prime Roy Jones, let alone knock his head clear off. but oh well
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 11 2009, 07:47 PM) *
I find it hard to find anyone who would beat a prime Roy Jones, let alone knock his head clear off. but oh well

i dont know dmarv bob foster had the skill and power to pull that off... as good as roy was there was guys in the past p4p just as devestating if not more they where just before our time... his height and reach would have gave jones fits... then add that numbing power that would have been a great fight... tell you another fight that would have been great had they crossed was michael moorer vs jones at light heavy... people forget that moorer was a beast at light heavy...
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 11 2009, 09:09 PM) *
i dont know dmarv bob foster had the skill and power to pull that off... as good as roy was there was guys in the past p4p just as devestating if not more they where just before our time... his height and reach would have gave jones fits... then add that numbing power that would have been a great fight... tell you another fight that would have been great had they crossed was michael moorer vs jones at light heavy... people forget that moorer was a beast at light heavy...

Michael Moore had the heart of a care bear and the motivation of a old camel. I would have like to seen Julian Jackson take on Roy. Julian wouldv'e given fits to Roy at middleweight.
STEVENSKI
There is a swag of guys I would take over RJJ at 175.

Conn, Moore, Foster are just some of the fighters I would take over RJJ at 175.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 11 2009, 09:18 PM) *
Michael Moore had the heart of a care bear and the motivation of a old camel. I would have like to seen Julian Jackson take on Roy. Julian wouldv'e given fits to Roy at middleweight.

i would agree with you on moorer as a heavyweight he had no heart or drive what so ever but as a light heavyweight he was a monster in that ring.. none of the reigning champs wanted to fight him....williams, harding neither one wanted to fight him... dennis andres at the time was his stable mate.... jones would have dismantled julien jackson....
gbh32001
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 12 2009, 02:10 AM) *
If that was your logic then if that zero chance the boxing world and experts give to manny when he fought Oscar and he beat Oscar to a pulp, how big is the damage you can amplify if he have a slim chance to beat Floyd? Bruhaha bruhuhu bla bla blah blah all are garbage talking this and that, only one sentence can end up this debate"Manny and Floyd can only settle that in the ring"No amount of trash talk can lift up Floyd legacy. He is still underrated to many until he beat Pacman.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ May 11 2009, 10:49 PM) *
If that was your logic then if that zero chance the boxing world and experts give to manny when he fought Oscar and he beat Oscar to a pulp, how big is the damage you can amplify if he have a slim chance to beat Floyd? Bruhaha bruhuhu bla bla blah blah all are garbage talking this and that, only one sentence can end up this debate"Manny and Floyd can only settle that in the ring"No amount of trash talk can lift up Floyd legacy. He is still underrated to many until he beat Pacman.

Dude, I don't speak Vulcan so get a speak and spell and try again. I just put what was said up so cool out.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 11 2009, 04:40 PM) *
Totally agree..When he KO'd Hatton,Hatton had a opportunity for a straight right when Pac-man dropped his left before throwing the finishing shot..Hatton dropped his right hand too and it wasn't because he was throwing a punch..Could he of been faking to the body??Maybe..It looks like he might have been..

He finally has a right hook,yet he winds it all the way back when he throws it when he should throw it from where his hand is in the beginning..His speed has allowed him to not get caught by some of these guys..Floyd would exploit him..Pac-man has improved a lot in very important areas,if he fixed his technique,he would be a hell of a lot better..

Boxingstill#1,thanks for the videos,that really helped show just what I explained..Study those things..They look really good at first glance though..

What makes up for his "squared up" punches, and his wide looping hooks is his hand speed, and the volume of which he throws them at.

I once said that it wasn't his skill, but his talent. Pacman is a talented fighter none the less, but I feel he loses any fight from this point though.

From here on out, its all about 'risk vs profit'.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (caneman @ May 11 2009, 06:20 PM) *

Yup..Archie is the best light heavy ever..Bob Foster in my opinion is 3 under Ezzard Charles..Then Conn..The hardest puncher at light heavy ever was Archie..His technique gave him extra power because he was getting 100% of his body into it..Guys today rarely get 100% of their body into their punches..Jack Dempsey once said he could make a non-puncher who was small and weak and make them a brutal puncher by teaching them how to use all their body and not just 50% or whatever..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 11 2009, 07:47 PM) *

Knock his head clear off??Are you serious??Archie could knock his head off with a right hand with ease..If any guy at light heavy and even some heavyweights have been KO'd,Archie can KO them too..No doubt about it..I'm not saying it because he is the KO king but he knew how to punch..Marciano said Archie hit him with the hardest right hand he had ever been with with whether it was a natural heavyweight or light heavy..We have never seen Archie fight in his prime..We've seen footage of a Archie at 38-49 years old..I'm really impressed with him then and after all the reading I've done on him,it's easy to say he'd destroy Roy..He was insanely elusive,could KO you with either hand,had a very very high boxing IQ,could take a punch,could get up after being knocked down,had decent speed,and could play more mind games with you than ALI!!!Who do you think helped Ali start his mind games to psych out an opponent??Archie Moore!!

All these reasons and sooo many others is why Archie Moore my all time favorite fighter along with Sugar Ray Robinson..Everyone who got to know Archie are all lucky people because he was an amazing guy inside and outside the ring..
AussieLad
Pacman has realised he doesnt know how to throw punches, and so has taken up career in singing as his back up

LOL, check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOsdbMp3nII
D-MARV
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 12 2009, 02:17 AM) *
Knock his head clear off??Are you serious??Archie could knock his head off with a right hand with ease..If any guy at light heavy and even some heavyweights have been KO'd,Archie can KO them too..No doubt about it..I'm not saying it because he is the KO king but he knew how to punch..Marciano said Archie hit him with the hardest right hand he had ever been with with whether it was a natural heavyweight or light heavy..We have never seen Archie fight in his prime..We've seen footage of a Archie at 38-49 years old..I'm really impressed with him then and after all the reading I've done on him,it's easy to say he'd destroy Roy..He was insanely elusive,could KO you with either hand,had a very very high boxing IQ,could take a punch,could get up after being knocked down,had decent speed,and could play more mind games with you than ALI!!!Who do you think helped Ali start his mind games to psych out an opponent??Archie Moore!!

All these reasons and sooo many others is why Archie Moore my all time favorite fighter along with Sugar Ray Robinson..Everyone who got to know Archie are all lucky people because he was an amazing guy inside and outside the ring..

I don't doubt that he would hurt Roy... But Roy, in his prime was Unbelievable. Hard to hit and hand speed was out of this world. Interesting fight... I don't like the fact that old school fighters are just placed ahead of the new schools fighters.
gbh32001
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 12 2009, 11:56 AM) *
Dude, I don't speak Vulcan so get a speak and spell and try again. I just put what was said up so cool out.
Okey, you said Manny has a slim chance of beating Mayweather right?Thesame words they preach against him VS Oscar, even worse than slim chance. Ric Lois goes as far as saying manny will get a damage brain after the fight before he can collect his payday. Look what happened to that zero chance of Manny!My point is, If Manny has a zero chance against Oscar and he beat Oscar to a pulp, how much more he can inflict damage to Floyd if you give him a slim chance. Did you get the difference between zero and slim?
JD
I think it is hilarious listening to some message board heros talk about Manny Pacquiao's lack of punching technique. LOL
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ May 12 2009, 08:29 AM) *
I think it is hilarious listening to some message board heros talk about Manny Pacquiao's lack of punching technique. LOL

Why is that hilarious? I don't think is techniques is that good.
JaRaNDa
Pacman has to be up there with the best punches at the moment, but if you wanna go by overall technique look no further than Cotto..Cotto is in my eyes the 'best' puncher in boxing at the moment!
Heaviest p4p puncher at the moment...look no further than Darchinyan (poor technique!), the sound and explosiveness of his punches are something criminal!
The CEO
Pac needs to work on closing some holes in his Defense and controlling his inner fire that makes him wanna trade wildly at times......everything else is just fine.

JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 12 2009, 08:55 AM) *
Why is that hilarious? I don't think is techniques is that good.

If you don't see the humor in it, I don't know what to tell you.
JD
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 12 2009, 09:20 AM) *
Pac needs to work on closing some holes in his Defense and controlling his inner fire that makes him wanna trade wildly at times......everything else is just fine.

This assessment I agree with.
gbh32001
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 12 2009, 09:20 PM) *
I agree, his defense is not that good but his offense cover that up. A great counter puncher will make him look like amateurish. But I disagree though to "Box in hand"who said that Manny has a slim chance. I dare to say that Floyd has a slim chance of beating Manny not the other way around based on their character/attitude and performance inside the ring.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 11 2009, 10:36 PM) *
i would agree with you on moorer as a heavyweight he had no heart or drive what so ever but as a light heavyweight he was a monster in that ring.. none of the reigning champs wanted to fight him....williams, harding neither one wanted to fight him... dennis andres at the time was his stable mate.... jones would have dismantled julien jackson....

I know it is off topic... but just agreeing with you how Moorer was an animal at Lt. Heavyweight. Always a shame him and Williams never fought at that weight.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 12 2009, 05:41 AM) *
I don't doubt that he would hurt Roy... But Roy, in his prime was Unbelievable. Hard to hit and hand speed was out of this world. Interesting fight... I don't like the fact that old school fighters are just placed ahead of the new schools fighters.

I'm not even takin anything away from Roy by sayin that..I'm not questioning Roy's greatness..He would of beaten a lot of old school fighters but Archie is the best light heavyweight ever..His record speaks for itself..Most of his fights you see on TV are of him way past the age of what Roy is now..
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 11 2009, 11:25 AM) *
Pacquiao is a great puncher without a doubt but I would have to see him in with someone who can really take a puncher before I say he's the hardest puncher.

What about Morales or Barrera?
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 11 2009, 05:03 PM) *
Yeah it definitely was a fake..

I really like studying fights a lot..Studying meaning a lot of rewinding and slow motion..hahaha..Archie Moore is one of my favorite guys to study..His punch that he hit Marciano with that knocked him down also knocked down Durelle..You know who picked up that move too??James Toney..Toney used that move a lot against Jirov..Toney picked a lot up from Moore..Joe Louis even learned some stuff from Archie..

Toney KO of Jason Robinson was a beautiful fake left to the body left hook to the chin.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 12 2009, 10:56 PM) *
I cringe when I see Darchinyan land on guys, that man is a monster.

I get a stupid smirk on my face when he lands.

As Big G has said but never said "Vic is a bad bad man" laugh.gif .
King Eugene
QUOTE (caneman @ May 11 2009, 07:20 PM) *

LMAO...I think your exaggerating a bit. It would have been more competitive but not a clear blowout by either fighter. Hell a lot of guys where willing to take what Roy was giving. Some where stopped and some where just embarrassed for 12 straight rounds. I think your hatred for Roy plays a large part of your thinking in this post.

QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 11 2009, 08:47 PM) *

I'm with you on this one.
King Eugene
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 12 2009, 06:41 AM) *

Johnny does it every time. He provides some pretty good logic behind his decisions as to his opinions but I think he gets carried away sometimes. Not saying Roy would have won or loss but to say he would have been wiped out is insane. First you got to catch the son of a bitch before you can land a clean shot. No one could do that until after the Ruiz fight. Now dont get me wrong, I'm not saying Roy is the best LHW ever but I'd put him in the top 5 even if its 5.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 12 2009, 11:05 PM) *
Griffin was beating Jones up until Jones got the DQ. If Griffin could be beating Jones for 3/4 of a fight, I'm sure there would have been someone else that could have done a little better.

Actually Griffin was losing on 2 of the scorecards when the fight was stopped.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.