Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hatton Drinkin the Pain Away...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Method
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_A1X3_zNck
Box in Hand
Wow, this is exactly why he aged so fast. He doesn't take care of himself at all. The greasy food, the drinkin is all a perfect way to destroy your fighting ability. He looks like he lost his stomach muscles already. The worst thing a fighter can do is to become civilized. Bernard Hopkins is the Blueprint Ricky.
lloyd mayflower
so we can establish from that video that he had a few beers, in vegas after losin a fight for which he trained solid for 12 weeks?

well fuck it i was a hatton fan but now i think we should just fuckin shoot him
The CEO
Oh I saw this shit the day it came out......lol.....he was mortified....couldn't even look at or talk to anybody....

JLUVBABY
well i look at it like this.. had he won the fight he would have been upbeat guzzlin down the guiness so let him drown his sorrows.. he was the recipient of a espn worthy blowout k.o in a fight not many people thought that if he lost he would go out like that.. so.. let him get shit faced... lol... if i was on the end of a k.o like that i'd be drowning my sorrows too...
Nay_Sayer
lol...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 12 2009, 03:36 PM) *
Wow, this is exactly why he aged so fast. He doesn't take care of himself at all. The greasy food, the drinkin is all a perfect way to destroy your fighting ability. He looks like he lost his stomach muscles already. The worst thing a fighter can do is to become civilized. Bernard Hopkins is the Blueprint Ricky.

But I'm an idiot for saying the booze has been fucking him over??Is this what you want to see boxers doing??Not me,especially knowing that this was not the only time..He is probably drinking everyday..He is weak mentally and is resorting to booze..What a puss..He needs to take it like man,not be a woman about it..

This isn't directed at you Box..
EirbinX
let the man drink !!!! He just got knocked smooth i would be doing the same thing if i waz him
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (EirbinX @ May 12 2009, 07:51 PM) *
let the man drink !!!! He just got knocked smooth i would be doing the same thing if i waz him

Yeah,cause you can't deal with your shit otherwise..Like I said,mentally weak..
Mean Mister Mustard
LOL Johnny the tough guy. I guess your trainer's attitude does rub itself on you.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 13 2009, 12:50 AM) *
But I'm an idiot for saying the booze has been fucking him over??Is this what you want to see boxers doing??Not me,especially knowing that this was not the only time..He is probably drinking everyday..He is weak mentally and is resorting to booze..What a puss..He needs to take it like man,not be a woman about it..

What a puss? The guy enjoys a drink & just got beat up again in front of millions. He is not a puss nor is he weak mentally. He is a normal guy doing what millions of normal guys do every day after a hard day at work. Getting on the drink & forgetting about their worries.

So you think that it is OK for a woman to drink away their troubles but not a man because that is what your post is suggesting.

Personally I don't care if a fighter drinks a case a day or smokes a 8 ball of crack provided that when they turn up to fight they are fit. Hatton has never not made weight & been unfit come fight time.

It may also be that Hatton is a alcoholic & if he is then he should get more props for being able to fight at the wlite level whilst suffering that disease.
D-MARV
LMAO... the man has been drinking all his life. That dosen't mean he has a weak mentality. He's just the average "Joe"
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 12 2009, 07:50 PM) *

We're on the same page. He's been warned for years that life style would get him. Guzzling Guiness like that is not what I want in a boxer. When I think boxer, I think Sugar Ray Robinson, Bernard Hopkins, Ali, Hagler, etc. These guys were machines year round.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 12 2009, 09:22 PM) *
We're on the same page. He's been warned for years that life style would get him. Guzzling Guiness like that is not what I want in a boxer. When I think boxer, I think Sugar Ray Robinson, Bernard Hopkins, Ali, Hagler, etc. These guys were machines year round.

Ali was not a machine year round... He bloated in between fights. I fogot which fight it was but he got up to 260.
JD
I like beer.
The CEO
Let me add another video...HBO can't take this one down...

Pay special attention to the portly guy in the orange shirt, and the old man that walks in as Hatton is unconscious...this is fucking HILARIOUS!!

Pacquiao-Hatton (Pinoy Family Reaction)

D-MARV
LMAO
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 12 2009, 09:30 PM) *
Let me add another video...HBO can't take this one down...

Pay special attention to the portly guy in the orange shirt, and the old man that walks in as Hatton is unconscious...this is fucking HILARIOUS!!

Pacquiao-Hatton (Pinoy Family Reaction)

Does it make me a bad person if after watching that I want to see Pacquiao get his ass kicked?
JD
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 12 2009, 09:34 PM) *
Does it make me a bad person if after watching that I want to see Pacquiao get his ass kicked?

LOL...I was thinking the EXACT same thing.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (JD @ May 12 2009, 09:39 PM) *

Yeah, maybe film their reactions of it too.
The CEO
QUOTE (JD @ May 12 2009, 09:26 PM) *
I like beer.

Hatton's Beer of choice reminds me of his career....very average.
JD
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 12 2009, 09:44 PM) *
Hatton's Beer of choice reminds me of his career....very average.

You like beer too?

JonnysTrainer
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 12 2009, 09:14 PM) *
LOL Johnny the tough guy. I guess your trainer's attitude does rub itself on you.

Winning is our habit. What is yours?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (JonnysTrainer @ May 12 2009, 08:52 PM) *
Winning is our habit. What is yours?

Whichever yours is sir.
The CEO
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 12 2009, 09:34 PM) *

QUOTE (JD @ May 12 2009, 09:39 PM) *

lol....it doesn't make you bad at all....watching some fanatics' hero get destroyed and knowing they're gonna be depressed is a guilty pleasure........but I'm kinda feeling something different here with The Pinoys....I think I'm actually gonna feel bad for Pacquiao and his superfans when Mayweather picks him apart....
The CEO
QUOTE (JD @ May 12 2009, 09:52 PM) *
You like beer too?

I like GOOD Beer....yes.

and it really IS fitting that Hatton likes Guinness....there's barely any alcohol in it......it's "weak" so to speak....just like his chin....
JonnysTrainer
I don't understand fighters that like to get drunk on a regular basis. Not proffesional, not good while training and it's not fun at all. Ask some guys that I have sparred with, they are now drunk....permananetly. Though they got drunk off punch.
jp
QUOTE (JonnysTrainer @ May 12 2009, 10:10 PM) *
I don't understand fighters that like to get drunk on a regular basis. Not proffesional, not good while training and it's not fun at all. Ask some guys that I have sparred with, they are now drunk....permananetly. Though they got drunk off punch.

laugh.gif

Mean Mister Mustard

Hahahaha!
jp
[size="2"][/size]

stay classy guy....
BoxingStill#1
fuck that beer, Id be drinking some hard shit....
Spyder
Those Pinoys are only annoying during a Pacman fight...otherwise, they mainly talk about basketball.
Lil-lightsout
I can not wait for the day Pac gets KO'd, fn Hatton had to take a dive.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 12 2009, 08:22 PM) *

Yup,Archie Moore never drank either..Good list of fighters you listed and is it a coincidence those are all all time greats??I think not,they stayed focused..
Emmanuel
I half to agree with jonnyblaze. you know some boxing. historically, many fighters lack disipline. look at jermain taylor for example. I take him to big bear and all the boy wanted to do was fish and play games on the video. theres not many fighters that can remain focused and stay in shape year round.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 13 2009, 04:18 AM) *
Yup,Archie Moore never drank either..Good list of fighters you listed and is it a coincidence those are all all time greats??I think not,they stayed focused..

Then you have guys like Greb & Walker for example who were full blown alcoholics & tough as nails.

Works both ways.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Emmanuel @ May 12 2009, 11:53 PM) *
I half to agree with jonnyblaze. you know some boxing. historically, many fighters lack disipline. look at jermain taylor for example. I take him to big bear and all the boy wanted to do was fish and play games on the video. theres not many fighters that can remain focused and stay in shape year round.

Thanks man..I take a lot of time to learn as much as I can when outside the ring..

I know I've been talking a lot about Archie lately but I can't stop watching his fights and studying him lately..I read his book as well..Well,I posted this once before but I'm going to again..When Archie first got divorced he was not upset or anything because he said that he lost his wife but boxing was and will always be his woman..This guy was more dedicated than fucking whoever you want to name today..Guys off the top of my head that fought within the last 10 years who were dedicated like him are B-Hop,Floyd Mayweather,Kostya Tszyu,Holyfield(he had so many personal problems but would not let them bother him), and Roy Jones..I saw Holyfield 2 years ago when he had no fights planned or anything and I saw every muscle in his back(through a suit) from the balcony when he'd stand up..Those guys I listed love boxing and don't just do it just because..They study boxing..Tyson studies a lot of boxing history too but was not dedicated in training..He'd miss days when he'd feel like it which is what got Teddy Atlas thrown out of the camp cause he didn't tolerate that shit..Tyson really could of been much more than he was I think if he was as focused as the guys I listed..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 13 2009, 12:30 AM) *
I know you are trying to make him sound cool, but he is kind of coming off as a loser. A sport is a sport and you should be dedicated to it, but you make it sound like that it should be your life.

Making him come off as a loser??hahaha..Yeah,ok man..I guess most the old time boxers were losers then..

I guess Jack Dempsey was a loser too..He was a bum(literally) and became the heavyweight champ of the world..Doc Kearns wouldn't let him marry a chick or date one..He was only allowed one night stands..Why??Because he didn't want anything to come between Jack and boxing..When Jack did get married,him and Kearns split up because Dempsey fell off..He barely fought after that(mostly exhibitions)..

Boxers that want to be champ don't have a lot of time to spend with their gfs or wives so it doesn't work out cause woman want a lot of attention..The same shit happened with Joe Louis..He married and he didn't see his wife much and her health was getting bad because of the stress she had(like from never seeing him and worrying about him and other girls)..

Why do you think a lot of boxers don't want to start families while boxing and wait till after to start having babies??Obviously shit happens like with Holyfield but a lot of boxers say that shit..

I have a gf and am not going to break up with her because of boxing..
jp
QUOTE (Emmanuel @ May 13 2009, 12:53 AM) *

laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 13 2009, 12:55 AM) *
Didn't say he was, but you make him come across as a loser. Family is a big part of a lot of peoples lives. Kostya Tszyu was a big, big family man and you would know that as you are a fan of his. Mayweather has kids, Cotto has a kid, many fighters have kids and lives. Like I said, boxing and sports should be a part of someones lives, but not be the only thing. I just think you try make it sound like they should hold off on all these things if they want to be a boxer. We aren't in the 1920's anymore. Hearing you go on that no fighter should drink, have children.
You are entitled to your opinion, but I just think they can be dedicated to their sport and still have a family, just seems like you are living a bit behind. Like I said, anything you do whether it's boxing, basketball, football, soccer or just your every day job should require dedication but I don't think it should be the most important thing in your life, I just think you can have a life as well, have a drink, have kids and so on.

I think boxers should hold off from drugs and booze while boxing..Family and kids I have no problem with..I actually think family is a huge thing for a boxer..If the support is positive,it can help A LOT..Those were not my opinions,those were pure facts!!!Read up and find out if ya don't believe me..Shit,that's how I found out..The Ageless Warrior,A Flame of Pure Fire,and Joe Louis--My Life..I didn't make that shit up and I'm saying anyone should follow it..Like I said,I have a gf and wouldn't not trade her for boxing even if my trainer told me to..Hell no!!I was telling you exactly how Louis,Dempsey,and Archie lived to be the best!!!The fuckin best and still the best..

I stopped doing drugs and booze when I started boxing..It was hard but I'd do anything to be the best I can(aside from losing my girl or not having kids)..I never did extreme drugs like heroin or crack but I knew people who did..One of my best friends died from a heroin overdose..I smoked a shit load of weed and did some other stuff though..I'll never go back..
Brad
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 13 2009, 12:18 PM) *

Marvin Haglers ex-wife said under oath during the divorce proceedings that Hagler was a cocaine user. Is that a coincidence that he is also an all time great? Or was that because he didn't drink alcohol? Sugar Ray Leonard, Pernell Whitaker, Mike Tyson, Marvin Hagler, Aaron Pryor, coincidental crack users........
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Brad @ May 13 2009, 01:42 AM) *
Marvin Haglers ex-wife said under oath during the divorce proceedings that Hagler was a cocaine user. Is that a coincidence that he is also an all time great? Or was that because he didn't drink alcohol? Sugar Ray Leonard, Pernell Whitaker, Mike Tyson, Marvin Hagler, Aaron Pryor, coincidental crack users........

Dude,we're talking about when they are active boxers..
gbh32001
It's a boxer's choice to involve in any vices such as woman,alcohol,cracks or anything that ease his life. Hatton did it his way, same thru with Mayweather, Pacman and the rest of the ATG's. Well, even that crackhead Mayorga did it his way. What ever boxer does, it's their prerogative and we have to respect that and enjoy their existence because if all of them will come out clean, who will be the second best?
Emmanuel
Early to bed, early to rise. makes a man wealthy, healthy, and smart.

like I was sayin last night. many fighters don't have disipline. its there nature. a fighter wants to popular. they wanna wanna spend money. they wanna chase women. alot of them drink and do the drugs to basicly numb the pain of bein a fighter. wladimir is not one of those fighters. he's the picture of clean livin. you never see him 10 pounds past his fighting weight and I know for a fact he hasn't had any sexual relations in the last 5 years. other fighters should take note and aspire to live like him. not so sure I can say the same about david haye. he comes across as the typical partyin heavyweight. I think he's on the speed or somthin too. Ive also been informed he fattens out of training camps and likes to sleep with as many men and women as possible.
BigG
Hatton like to have a good time but a guy like Bernard Hopkins and Mayweather who doesn't drink or smoke and keeps himself in shape all the time is the way to go for a Pro Boxer. Hatton basically glorifies how much of a drunkard he is in the UK "pubs"...laugh.gif
The CEO
QUOTE (Emmanuel @ May 13 2009, 09:25 AM) *
Early to bed, early to rise. makes a man wealthy, healthy, and smart.

like I was sayin last night. many fighters don't have disipline. its there nature. a fighter wants to popular. they wanna wanna spend money. they wanna chase women. alot of them drink and do the drugs to basicly numb the pain of bein a fighter. wladimir is not one of those fighters. he's the picture of clean livin. you never see him 10 pounds past his fighting weight and I know for a fact he hasn't had any sexual relations in the last 5 years. other fighters should take note and aspire to live like him. not so sure I can say the same about david haye. he comes across as the typical partyin heavyweight. I think he's on the speed or somthin too. Ive also been informed he fattens out of training camps and likes to sleep with as many men and women as possible.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ok ok ok....this is good shit.

If this IS you, Manny....here

(takes out a 20 and throws it at him....)

Do somethin' about that same ole 'busted helmet fro, man....
Douchebag
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 13 2009, 10:03 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ok ok ok....this is good shit.

If this IS you, Manny....here

(takes out a 20 and throws it at him....)

Do somethin' about that same ole 'busted helmet fro, man....

no respect on these message boards. LMAO
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 13 2009, 12:39 AM) *
Making him come off as a loser??hahaha..Yeah,ok man..I guess most the old time boxers were losers then..

I guess Jack Dempsey was a loser too..He was a bum(literally) and became the heavyweight champ of the world..Doc Kearns wouldn't let him marry a chick or date one..He was only allowed one night stands..Why??Because he didn't want anything to come between Jack and boxing..When Jack did get married,him and Kearns split up because Dempsey fell off..He barely fought after that(mostly exhibitions)..

Boxers that want to be champ don't have a lot of time to spend with their gfs or wives so it doesn't work out cause woman want a lot of attention..The same shit happened with Joe Louis..He married and he didn't see his wife much and her health was getting bad because of the stress she had(like from never seeing him and worrying about him and other girls)..

Why do you think a lot of boxers don't want to start families while boxing and wait till after to start having babies??Obviously shit happens like with Holyfield but a lot of boxers say that shit..

I have a gf and am not going to break up with her because of boxing..

Dude, thank you for introducing me to Archie Moore. I never really studied him until today. I Youtubed him. That man has some of the best defense I have ever seen. He barely moved but made his opponent miss and he made them pay for it. What happened to fighters? They do those things much anymore.
Method
he's the picture of clean livin.

Bullshit. I've seen him out plenty.

Manny, you are the most overrated, self serving mother fucker in the game.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Emmanuel @ May 13 2009, 08:25 AM) *
wladimir is not one of those fighters. he's the picture of clean livin. you never see him 10 pounds past his fighting weight and I know for a fact he hasn't had any sexual relations in the last 5 years.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.