Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mickey Ward movie
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JonnyBlaze
What's up with that Mickey Ward movie??I haven't heard anything about it in awhile..
Spyder
There was a director change...sucks because I really wanted to see Aronofsky's product. David Russell has it now...he did Three Kings and Flirting with disaster. It's now in pre-production slated for 2011.

Good news is that Mark Wahlberg has the part of Mickey Ward and Christian Bale is Dickie Eklund.
Mean Mister Mustard
I guess Arnofsky thought doing another "sports" movie would be useless.
Spyder
Either that or he REALLY wanted to do Robocop.
Big Slim Sweet
I thought I read Aronosfsky specifically wanted to do this right after The Wrestler?

Matt Damon was the best choice for Eklund just cause he seems the most believable as Marky Mark's brother. Brad Pitt didn't make much sense at all.

So I guess we know why Christan Bale was hanging at the Wildcard. He's one of those hardcore method actors.
JonnyBlaze
Damn that sucks it's not coming out till 2011..That's a long ass time..
Spyder
QUOTE (Big Slim @ May 14 2009, 12:35 PM) *
I thought I read Aronosfsky specifically wanted to do this right after The Wrestler?

Matt Damon was the best choice for Eklund just cause he seems the most believable as Marky Mark's brother. Brad Pitt didn't make much sense at all.

So I guess we know why Christan Bale was hanging at the Wildcard. He's one of those hardcore method actors.

It was originally slated to follow The Wrestler, but I'm not sure exactly what the fallout was.
JonnyBlaze
I just hope they get this going,I remember hearing about the Ward movie a year or 2 ago..I've always liked Ward..His fights with Augustus,Zab,and Gatti are all major classics..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.