Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The People's P4P List II
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SupremeBeing

This list is based on street cred on street's from Ciuded Juarez in Mexico to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, to the UK in London and Norilsk, Russia back to Detroit, USA. In definition, a fighter on this list, is a one man army. Versatile, powerful and built for destruction. Number:

1. Chad Dawson 28-0 17kos
2. Manny Pacquiao 49-3-2 37kos
3. Juan Manuel Marquez 50-4-1 36kos
4. Paul Williams 36-1 26kos
5. Arthur Abraham 29-0 23kos
6. Juan Manual Lopez 25-0 23kos
7. Tomasz Adamek 37-1 25kos
8. Miguel Cotto 33-1 28kos
9. Bernard Hopkins 49-5-1 32kos
10. Floyd Mayweather Jr. 39-0 25kos

Chad hold downs number 1, for two reasons. 1. He and Nonito Donaire are the only two title holders that currently have wins over another current weight division title holder. 2. His victory over a better class fighter, Tarver, was more impressive then wins against J. Diaz and Hatton. Manny moves to number 2 because of his win over a lineage weight division champion. And, Floyd’s name on a contract puts him back on the list.

Again your input is needed as we move towards reshaping the list with your suggestions.

Spyder
Turn the list upside down with Manny staying at the number 2 spot and it's closer to the truth.
Keith
no freaking way chad dawson is the #1 p4p. no way. he shouldnt even be on the list. sorry.
The CEO
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 14 2009, 04:45 PM) *
Turn the list upside down with Manny staying at the number 2 spot and it's closer to the truth.

Yeah...after watching Dawson last week....I've decided the very best he could be is #10....

In other words....that list smells like hot goat cheese....sorry.
Big Slim Sweet
Get Dawson OFF that list. Get Mosley or Darchinyan ON.
The CEO
QUOTE (Big Slim @ May 14 2009, 05:07 PM) *
Get Dawson OFF that list. Get Mosley or Darchinyan ON.

True....them two need to be there....and fyi, Dawson ain't on mine.....I don't have HALF his guys on mine...lol

SupremeBeing
QUOTE (keith @ May 14 2009, 04:48 PM) *
no freaking way chad dawson is the #1 p4p. no way. he shouldnt even be on the list. sorry.

I agree, Chad is not the most complete fighter in the world. But, his skill level dictates with the current level of boxers, he is number 1.

During next month's listing (June 20), I will reveal the formula we use to compile this list.

In regard to everybody placing Manny as the best because of his wins over D. Diaz, Oscar and Ricky, none of these fighters, have or has the skill level to beat a true P4P champion, like Tarver, has done with his victories over Roy Jones. Yes, Tarver is a older figher, but a fresh one, he has less then 35 fights.

If you witness Chad's last fight, when was the last time you saw a boxer that tall (6-2) operate in the ring, with the true skill of the sport "HIT, AND NOT BE HIT".

"Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee". "Rumble young man, rumble"
Box in Hand
1. Pacquiao & Mayweather (Fuck it)
2. Juan Manuel Marquez
3. Bernard Hopkins
4. Shane Mosely
5. Chad Dawson
6. Vic Darchynian
7. Juan Manuel Lopez
8. Miguel Cotto
9. Paul Williams
10. Kelly Pavlik
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 14 2009, 04:10 PM) *
True....them two need to be there....and fyi, Dawson ain't on mine.....I don't have HALF his guys on mine...lol

I don't actually have a list, but informally I wouldn't put Abraham or Adamek in the top 10 as of now because neither man has had a real signature victory, (particularly Abraham, he'd be 15-20 somewhere, behind even Pavlik still).

I also love Juan Manuel Lopez but I'm not sure his body of work gets him in just yet either. Not ahead of Shane or Vic at least.

And what about Vazquez/Marquez? I know it's been a while but still.

Hmm...

1 Pac
2 JMM
3 PBF (yeah, he's back)
4 Hop
5 PWill
6 Mos
7 Vic
8 Vaz (needs to fight soon though)
9 Rafa (needs to fight soon though)
10 Cotto
11 Chad
12 JML
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Big Slim @ May 14 2009, 04:32 PM) *
I don't actually have a list, but informally I wouldn't put Abraham or Adamek in the top 10 as of now because neither man has had a real signature victory, (particularly Abraham, he'd be 15-20 somewhere, behind even Pavlik still).

I also love Juan Manuel Lopez but I'm not sure his body of work gets him in just yet either. Not ahead of Shane or Vic at least.

Hmm...

1 Pac
2 JMM
3 PBF (yeah, he's back)
4 Hop
5 PWill
6 Mos
7 Vic
10 Cotto
11 Chad
12 JML

I like this list the most..If Vasquez and Marquez get some fights going,I would include them but right now it seems they have been forgotten..For that reason,I'd put them lower on the list..
D-MARV
QUOTE (Big Slim @ May 14 2009, 05:32 PM) *

Hmm...

1 Pac
2 JMM
3 PBF (yeah, he's back)
4 Hop
5 PWill
6 Mos
7 Vic
10 Cotto
11 Chad
12 JML

Great List
BigG
This is MY list..

1. Manny Pacquiao
2. Juan Manuel Marquez
3. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
4. Bernard Hopkins
5. Shane Mosley
6. Paul Williams
7. Miguel Cotto
8. Israel Vazquez
9. Nonito Donaire
10. Vic Darchinyan
11. Ivan Calderon
12. Fernando Montiel
13. Rafael Marquez
14. Chad Dawson
15. Juan Manuel Lopez
16. Gerry Penalosa
17. Hozumi Hasegawa
18. Kelly Pavlik
19. Nate Campbell
20. Juan Diaz

SupremeBeing
Let's be real how most top P4P list are made and PROMOTED to the fans. HBO, and at a lesser degree by SHO.

HBO fighters: 1. Manny, 2. Floyd, 3. Cotto, 4. Hopkins, 5. Mosley. 6. JM Marquez, 7. Pavlik, 8. Chad (now watch the push they give him now, 9. JMA

SHO fighters: 1. Vic, 2. Vasquez, 3. R. Marquez.

While fighters, like Adamek and Abraham keep putting in the work. In the sport's, heyday, you needed over 30 fights to even get a title shot, let alone, be declared a P4P warrior.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ May 14 2009, 04:59 PM) *
This is MY list..

1. Manny Pacquiao
2. Juan Manuel Marquez
3. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
4. Bernard Hopkins
5. Shane Mosley
6. Paul Williams
7. Miguel Cotto
8. Israel Vazquez
9. Nonito Donaire
10. Vic Darchinyan
11. Ivan Calderon
12. Fernando Montiel
13. Rafael Marquez
14. Chad Dawson
15. Juan Manuel Lopez
16. Gerry Penalosa
17. Hozumi Hasegawa
18. Kelly Pavlik
19. Nate Campbell
20. Juan Diaz

Another good list but I'm waiting for someone to put Chris John on their list..He is 42-0 with 22 KOs..I don't know how he had a draw with Juarez though..He beat Marquez 3 years ago..In my opinion,JML's biggest test would be against John if he decides on moving up in weight..Marquez and Vasquez would be smart though to try to set up a fight with JML before he decides to go up so we can see what JML is all about against an P4P type elite fighter..
BigG
John and Adamek can easily be replaced with Campbell and Diaz
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ May 14 2009, 05:10 PM) *
John and Adamek can easily be replaced with Campbell and Diaz

I'd rate John and Adamek higher..I think John would replace someone like Penalosa even though I really like Penalosa..I also think Wlad. Klitchko is top 20 P4P..
D-MARV
1. Manny Pacquiao
2. Juan Manuel Marquez
3. Floyd Mayweather
4. Bernard Hopkins
5. Paul Williams
6. Shane Mosley
7. Chad Dawson
8. Ivan Calderon
9. Vic Darchinyan
10. Miguel Cotto

Honarable Mention: Izzy Vasquez, Juan Manuel Lopez, Nonito Donaire, Fernando Montiel, Chris John,
JonnyBlaze
Cotto should really be #10,he needs to prove he is his old self still after the KO loss to Marg..I know he never wants to go back to that hell again so I think he'd stop before being put back in..It is possible he may never go back to that place but a rematch with Mosley might do it..
Keith
i dont care if you have a special formula to find your top 10. the formula is wrong. fix the formula because as you have seen, nobody thinks dawson should be any higher then 10. your formula stinks.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (keith @ May 15 2009, 04:58 AM) *
i dont care if you have a special formula to find your top 10. the formula is wrong. fix the formula because as you have seen, nobody thinks dawson should be any higher then 10. your formula stinks.

i disagree i think dawson like someone else said is a lot like a larry holmes.. he fights to the level of his comp... the johnson fight aside that i thought he lost he is the best lt. heavy on the planet and deserves a top 10 ranking and maybe even better than 10... plus i dont think he has reached his prime yet which is scary as well... he will deff. be cruiser weight champ later and probably we will see him as a heavy too.. his frame can hold it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.