Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Haye - Klitschko Contract....
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Byrd Man
I'm kinda surprised that there's been no articles out there (at least that I've seen) questioning the outrageous contract that David Haye had to sign to fight Wlad.

1. He has to Fight/beat Wlad (fine.

2. Then he has to fight Vitali (if he wins against Wlad)

3. Then he has to give Wlad a rematch.

I know there's more to the contract such as where it takes place, and all this other stuff, but why is there no people talking about this?

DLH got savaged by many people for making Pacquiao consent to all these things like ring size, glove type/size, weight, etc but I haven't seen shit about this contract aside from David Haye saying how much it was bullshit.

He signed it and he obviously had to to get the fight with Wlad.

I just think it's kinda crazy to essentially be forced into a 3 fight deal just to get a shot at the title.
lloyd mayflower
absolutely agree. the whole time wlad was sayin the fight was stallinng because haye was making outrageous demands, but the finished product makes it clear that haye has had to bend over and take a big ukrainian length to get this fight. also it was being reported that wlad wanted all the british ppv money as well as the german.

id love to see haye brutally KO wlad in the first fight then see how anxious either one is to take him up on the rematch clause
D-MARV
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ May 14 2009, 07:38 PM) *
absolutely agree. the whole time wlad was sayin the fight was stallinng because haye was making outrageous demands, but the finished product makes it clear that haye has had to bend over and take a big ukrainian length to get this fight. also it was being reported that wlad wanted all the british ppv money as well as the german.

id love to see haye brutally KO wlad in the first fight then see how anxious either one is to take him up on the rematch clause

That's a fucked up contract! Im pulling for Haye.
Romulus9
I hope Haye's head gets knocked clean off.
King Eugene
I'm with Haye 100%. I hope Wlad gets Oscar'd! No checked that...I hope he gets Hatton'ed thumbsup_anim.gif
The CEO
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ May 14 2009, 07:54 PM) *
I hope Haye's head gets knocked clean off.

Same here....

Advanced Prediction: Wlad is gonna RETIRE Haye.
lloyd mayflower
i think this fight is highly unpredictable, but it does seem that the klitoris bros are a little bit reluctant to face haye based on the contract, whether thats just because hes a bit of an unknown quantity compared to what they usually face, i dont know. but its def goin to be interesting. im looking forward to it.

I reckon, from listening to haye over the years the only way wlad could retire him is the way hes predicted the fight will go, 12 rounds of punishment then a brutal KO at the end, but i just cant see that happening. think this one will be an early night whichever way it goes and haye will continue to shoot his mouth off till he gets another shot at a title
D-MARV
I can't wait to see the odds for a Haye KO within 4. IF Haye wins, this will likely be the result.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 14 2009, 06:58 PM) *
I'm with Haye 100%. I hope Wlad gets Oscar'd! No checked that...I hope he gets Hatton'ed thumbsup_anim.gif

HAHAHAHA..Glad ya brought that term back 3KING3..Yet,Wlad. is not the one who is going to get Oscar'd,Haye is..haha..Haye talked way to much shit..

This is a really bogus contact though..I guess the only good thing about him having to fight Vitali if he beats Wlad is that we don't have guys fucking around and it's in contract that we would be gettin 3 belts unified..

I hope Wlad boxes him early and KO's him in the mid rounds..
JD
LOL...Haye is gonna catch some Zzzzzz's/

If he was surprised by how hard Monte Barrett hit, just wait till Haye blocks Wlad's right hand. He is really going to be surprised.
Romulus9
QUOTE (JD @ May 14 2009, 10:12 PM) *
LOL...Haye is gonna catch some Zzzzzz's/

If he was surprised by how hard Monte Barrett hit, just wait till Haye blocks Wlad's right hand. He is really going to be surprised.

Exactly.

Remember all the stuff said about Holyfield in the early 90s? Blown up cruiserweight, etc.?

It was just a prophecy about David Haye.

The guy can punch but he's going to be in for a world of hurt once he finds out that fighting at the top of the heavyweight division, weak as it may be at this time, is far different than dealing with Monte Barrett and Enzo Maccarinelli.
JD
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ May 14 2009, 10:19 PM) *
Exactly.

Remember all the stuff said about Holyfield in the early 90s? Blown up cruiserweight, etc.?

It was just a prophecy about David Haye.

The guy can punch but he's going to be in for a world of hurt once he finds out that fighting at the top of the heavyweight division, weak as it may be at this time, is far different than dealing with Monte Barrett and Enzo Maccarinelli.

Yeah, I think Wlad is going to destroy him.
Lil-lightsout
I am so rooting for Haye to win this, it would be nice to shake up the division. I can not see this fight going more than a few rounds. Whoever lands the first bomb should win this fight. With Hayes speed and aggressiveness, he has a legit chance against Wlad. I see this fight as a 50-50 pick.

Also, it is a bitch contract by the Klit brothers.
JD
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 14 2009, 10:25 PM) *
I am so rooting for Haye to win this, it would be nice to shake up the division. I can not see this fight going more than a few rounds. Whoever lands the first bomb should win this fight. With Hayes speed and aggressiveness, he has a legit chance against Wlad. I see this fight as a 50-50 pick.

50 / 50?

Wow.

I see this as Haye is going to get a beatdown. I don't think it will end right away, I think Haye will have no answer for the jab, and when Wlad feels comfortable, he will start dialing in the right hand. I say within 5.
Mean Mister Mustard
The contract also states that if Haye loses he has to pose in one of the Klit bros weird photoshoots.

I'm rooting for Haye to KO both of them.
JD
Wlad is -260, Haye is +200. Over under is 8.5 rounds.
Romulus9
I think if Haye would have kept his trap shut, he would have had a much better shot. One of the biggest criticisms of Wlad is that he's, in many ways, a passive champion. He wins, no more and no less. That is, until you make him angry. To beat a passive champion, you keep him passive. Instead, Haye has gone out of his way to motivate him, to piss him off, to give him a reason to bring an "A" game instead of the usual good-enough B performance.

Big mistake by Haye.

Oh, did I mention that Klitschko is just better?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JD @ May 14 2009, 10:27 PM) *
50 / 50?

Wow.

I see this as Haye is going to get a beatdown. I don't think it will end right away, I think Haye will have no answer for the jab, and when Wlad feels comfortable, he will start dialing in the right hand. I say within 5.

Damn.. now you are making me second guess myself.lol (cause I respect your opinion and knowledge)

I think Wlad WILL open up more early looking for the big shot, and he himself could get caught. Haye will def be the fastest fighter Wlad probably has ever seen, and I just want to see what happens when Wlad gets hit flush by Haye. Where I do disagree with you is about Haye having no answer for Wlad's jab. Haye will not be like the rest of the corpse's Wlad has fought recently, Haye will not just sit on the outside and be a heavybag. He knows to pressure Wlad and test his chin and heart. Of course Wlad could easily KO Haye too, but I just THINK Haye has just as much chance too get to Wlad also. I mean we all know Wlad does not take a good punch, and has a weak mental makeup when things get tough in there.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 14 2009, 10:31 PM) *
The contract also states that if Haye loses he has to pose in one of the Klit bros weird photoshoots.

I'm rooting for Haye to KO both of them.

What are the details of the photoshoot, or is it not specific?
Romulus9
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 14 2009, 10:35 PM) *
I mean we all know Wlad does not take a good punch, and has a weak mental makeup when things get tough in there.

I think that used to be the case but it's not nearly as extreme as it once was. First, I think most of those "chin" issues were directly related to fatigue. He was just not in good shape. Mentally, he knows what he has to do to win and he does it. Emanuel Steward is the best thing in the world for him. It may not be crowd pleasing (just like Lewis) but he wins and does so against the guys they throw in there.

King Eugene
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ May 14 2009, 10:34 PM) *
I think if Haye would have kept his trap shut, he would have had a much better shot. One of the biggest criticisms of Wlad is that he's, in many ways, a passive champion. He wins, no more and no less. That is, until you make him angry. To beat a passive champion, you keep him passive. Instead, Haye has gone out of his way to motivate him, to piss him off, to give him a reason to bring an "A" game instead of the usual good-enough B performance.

Big mistake by Haye.

Oh, did I mention that Klitschko is just better?

I always thought it was the complete opposite. Don't let him be passive. Fire him up, get him angry and make him fight out of character so he'll be willing to open up more and give Haye more of an opportunity to catch him with something. At the same time its a double whammy though cause he is liable to catch Haye with something as well instead of just jabbing him to death.
JD
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 14 2009, 10:35 PM) *
Damn.. now you are making me second guess myself.lol (cause I respect your opinion and knowledge)

I think Wlad WILL open up more early looking for the big shot, and he himself could get caught. Haye will def be the fastest fighter Wlad probably has ever seen, and I just want to see what happens when Wlad gets hit flush by Haye. Where I do disagree with you is about Haye having no answer for Wlad's jab. Haye will not be like the rest of the corpse's Wlad has fought recently, Haye will not just sit on the outside and be a heavybag. He knows to pressure Wlad and test his chin and heart. Of course Wlad could easily KO Haye too, but I just THINK Haye has just as much chance too get to Wlad also. I mean we all know Wlad does not take a good punch, and has a weak mental makeup when things get tough in there.

LOL...thanks.

I think Haye will have a lot more respect for Wlad in the ring than outside of it, because when he gets hit by the jab - it is going to alert his ass to what else is coming his way. Haye doesn't have a great chin either...he was dropped by Barrett though the ref ruled it a slip. I just think that when you have a guy who has never been hit by a hard punching heavyweight, and he comes out saying that he was surprised by how hard Monte Barrett hit...this is not a good recipe for dealing with Wlad.

I really think this fight has beatdown written all over it.
Romulus9
If Klitschko is focused mentally AND aggressive, he'll destroy Haye. Wlad's issue is when he's not mentally focused and tries to open up. Corrie Sanders and Lamon Brewster agree.

I think this is going to be an absolute destruction. What's bad is that I think Vitali would hammer him even worse.
Lil-lightsout
[quote name='3King3' date='May 14 2009, 10:40 PM' post='436730']
I always thought it was the complete opposite. Don't let him be passive. Fire him up, get him angry and make him fight out of character so he'll be willing to open up more and give Haye more of an opportunity to catch him with something. /quote]

Exactly my thoughts too.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JD @ May 14 2009, 10:41 PM) *
LOL...thanks.

I think Haye will have a lot more respect for Wlad in the ring than outside of it, because when he gets hit by the jab - it is going to alert his ass to what else is coming his way. Haye doesn't have a great chin either...he was dropped by Barrett though the ref ruled it a slip. I just think that when you have a guy who has never been hit by a hard punching heavyweight, and he comes out saying that he was surprised by how hard Monte Barrett hit...this is not a good recipe for dealing with Wlad.

I really think this fight has beatdown written all over it.

Well I am curious to see how Haye reacts too(when hit). I am swayed also by Haye's confidence when he talks when giving him a shot to win. Regardless what happens, we should get an exciting heavyweight scrap.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 14 2009, 10:47 PM) *
Well I am curious to see how Haye reacts too(when hit). I am swayed also by Haye's confidence when he talks when giving him a shot to win. Regardless what happens, we should get an exciting heavyweight scrap.

It'll look similar to your avatar.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ May 14 2009, 10:48 PM) *
It'll look similar to your avatar.

laugh.gif

NOBODY but James Toney could to that to another fighter!!!
Romulus9
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 14 2009, 10:51 PM) *
laugh.gif

NOBODY but James Toney could to that to another fighter!!!

Julian Jackson would disagree. =)

Buster Drayton and Herol Graham still can't fully wake up in the morning until someone waves some smelling salts under their nose.
Byrd Man
I wonder if the full details of the contract have been disclosed? I remember Haye saying that he couldn't talk about it because it was confidential or some shit, but he mentioned the 3 fight mandatory aspect.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 14 2009, 10:47 PM) *

I sure as hell am. I cant remember the last time I was this excited about a heavyweight fight.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 14 2009, 10:54 PM) *
I sure as hell am. I cant remember the last time I was this excited about a heavyweight fight.

Arreola-McCline? I thought for sure we had the second coming of Ali-Frazier.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ May 14 2009, 10:53 PM) *
Julian Jackson would disagree. =)

Buster Drayton and Herol Graham still can't fully wake up in the morning until someone waves some smelling salts under their nose.

Julian Jackson is argueably P4P the hardest one punch fighter ever! Two awesome brutal KO's.
The CEO
Damn....I feel bad for Lil-lightsout....it appears his case of Atlassitis is terminal.
Romulus9
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 14 2009, 11:44 PM) *
Damn....I feel bad for Lil-lightsout....it appears his case of Atlassitis is terminal.

Why do you make that diagnosis? Does he want to shoot Donnie Lalonde or something? laugh.gif

(What a fun book to read that was!)
The CEO
lol...he probably wants to shoot ME right about now...

I don't know...it's like he picks the fighter he KNOWS is gonna lose to win....

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 14 2009, 11:44 PM) *

laugh.gif Good one. Explaination in next post.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 14 2009, 11:58 PM) *
lol...he probably wants to shoot ME right about now...

I don't know...it's like he picks the fighter he KNOWS is gonna lose to win....

NAH... You make me laugh.

Okay...here is my break down of fights lately. Yes, I am on a terrible streak, thankfully I do not bet.

Hatton-Pac fight. I HONESTLY thought Hatton would get to Pac late in the fight and overwhelm him. Hatton is a dumb fighter and got hammered. Bad pick, but many others thought Hatton could win too. So I am not ashamed of my pick.

Tarver-Dawson II. I thought Tarver could KO Dawson but really was not confident in my pick. I was hoping to look like the big winner in picking the upset, again I was wrong and should have picked safely. Bad pick on my part.

ODLH-Pac. Picked Oscar to destroy Pac due to size difference and strength. Boy I was wrong as so many others too. We all KNOW what really happened. Not a bad pick considering who would have thought Oscar was going to look that bad?

Mosley-Margarito. From day one I thought Mosley had a shot of beating AM, even though I got ripped on by some for thinking that. I knew Shane would make it tough regardless, but I did not know he could do what he did that night. So of course I picked AM by close decision to play it safe. I was wrong yet again, but it was a safe pick I thought considering both of there previous fights.

These are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. Oh, I think I picked McCline over Arreola too. And Juan Diaz over Marquez. LOL. I can not believe I am admitting this. Sometimes I think I also pick against the fighters I want to lose, instead of rationally.

Anyway, Haye is going to change my luck soon enough!!!

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 14 2009, 11:49 PM) *
NAH... You make me laugh.

Okay...here is my brake down of fights lately. Yes, I am on a terrible streak, thankfully I do not bet.

Hatton-Pac fight. I HONESTLY thought Hatton would get to Pac late in the fight and overwhelm him. Hatton is a dumb fighter and got hammered. Bad pick, but many others thought Hatton could win too. So I am not ashamed of my pick.

Tarver-Dawson II. I thought Tarver could KO Dawson but really was not confident in my pick. I was hoping to look like the big winner in picking the upset, again I was wrong and should have picked safely. Bad pick on my part.

ODLH-Pac. Picked Oscar to destroy Pac due to size difference and strength. Boy I was wrong as so many others too. We all KNOW what really happened. Not a bad pick considering who would have thought Oscar was going to look that bad?

Mosley-Margarito. From day one I thought Mosley had a shot of beating AM, even though I got ripped on by some for thinking that. I knew Shane would make it tough regardless, but I did not know he could do what he did that night. So of course I picked AM by close decision to play it safe. I was wrong yet again, but it was a safe pick I thought considering both of there previous fights.

These are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. Oh, I think I picked McCline over Arreola too. And Juan Diaz over Marquez. LOL. I can not believe I am admitting this. Sometimes I think I also pick against the fighters I want to lose, instead of rationally.

Anyway, Haye is going to change my luck soon enough!!!

But

We've both gone out on a limb to pick the underdogs and sometimes favorites and we've both come up with nothing to show for it..We're both having a real bad streak..We're parting ways on the Haye/Klitchko fight though..Klitchko is gonna get him..

I didn't pick Diaz over Marquez though..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 15 2009, 12:51 AM) *
We've both gone out on a limb to pick the underdogs and sometimes favorites and we've both come up with nothing to show for it..We're both having a real bad streak..We're parting ways on the Haye/Klitchko fight though..Klitchko is gonna get him..

I didn't pick Diaz over Marquez though..

LOL. I got to go back and figure out the winners I picked. I also picked Peter over Chambers too, this is pathetic. This is why I would never cheat on my wife, I would tell her within five minutes, I am too honest.LOL. Jonny... I will PM you this story long time ago about cheating(not on wife) I just remembered.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (JD @ May 14 2009, 09:33 PM) *
Wlad is -260, Haye is +200. Over under is 8.5 rounds.

I think the over is a good bet here.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 15 2009, 12:02 AM) *
LOL. I got to go back and figure out the winners I picked. I also picked Peter over Chambers too, this is pathetic. This is why I would never cheat on my wife, I would tell her within five minutes, I am too honest.LOL. Jonny... I will PM you this story long time ago about cheating(not on wife) I just remembered.

hahahaha..You crack me up man..I'll try to get you the list of James Toney fights I got..I have 67,so it'll take a minute..If I had a bunch of DVDs to burn em on for ya,I'd do that since I know how much ya love Toney..I have quite a few that were never on TV,like his fight with Vinsom Durham(who trains guys outta my gym)..

I'm not sure who I picked in the Peter/Chambers fight..I think I picked Chambers but not sure..I can remember being on the phone with my friend catching up to where he was in the fight(I DVR'd it) and he kept trying to tell me Chambers got KO'd in the second round to fuck with me..haha..SO I'm pretty sure my pick was Chambers if he was tryin to do that to me..We'll make a big comeback soon..We're due!!
JD
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ May 15 2009, 01:03 AM) *
I think the over is a good bet here.

You can get it at +160.
D-MARV
I definitely laying some money on a Haye KO.
JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 15 2009, 08:45 AM) *
I definitely laying some money on a Haye KO.

The sportsbook will thank you.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ May 15 2009, 08:49 AM) *
The sportsbook will thank you.

Im still spending their March Madness money... So it's all good!
JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 15 2009, 08:51 AM) *
Im still spending their March Madness money... So it's all good!

That's what they count on.
Method
Fuck Wlad. Let's go HAYE!
D-MARV
I actually did mind Wlad until I saw this bitch ass contract. I hope Haye KOs Wlad, then Vitali, then Wlad again.
JLUVBABY
wlad is gonna whip haye like a stepchild... i actually hope its a good fight and i think it would be good for boxing if haye can pull it off but i dont see it happening....
JLUVBABY
wlad is gonna whip haye like a stepchild... i actually hope its a good fight and i think it would be good for boxing if haye can pull it off but i dont see it happening....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.