Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Baer Brothers vs. Klitchkos
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JonnyBlaze
Who is your all pick??

There'd be 4 fights in this match up..

Max Baer vs. V Klitcko,Max vs. Wlad Klitcko Buddy vs. V Klitchko, Buddy vs. Wlad..

We'll base "the best brother duo" off these match ups,not accomplishments..Remember now,Max has been arguably known as the hardest right handed puncher at heavyweight ever..Buddy was a force himself..

Who and why??Don't just pick one,back it up a little bit..I'll let ya guys know what I think after a couple of posts..
Method
Being that the Klitchko's (ESPECIALLY Wladdy) are the biggest pussies, pound for pound, that the sport has ever known, gimme the Baer Bro's all day.
JLUVBABY
the klits would destroy them boyz...
Romulus9
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 15 2009, 02:25 AM) *
Who is your all pick??

There'd be 4 fights in this match up..

Max Baer vs. V Klitcko,Max vs. Wlad Klitcko Buddy vs. V Klitchko, Buddy vs. Wlad..

We'll base "the best brother duo" off these match ups,not accomplishments..Remember now,Max has been arguably known as the hardest right handed puncher at heavyweight ever..Buddy was a force himself..

Who and why??Don't just pick one,back it up a little bit..I'll let ya guys know what I think after a couple of posts..

LOL! Seriously?

I'll take the Klitschko brothers without much reservation. The Baer boys would eat right hands all day. The Klitschko jab, for either guy, is enough to keep them away as well. Max may catch Wlad with a big right hand but that's about it. I wouldn't be overly concerned.
JD
I am not sure if this is actually serious.

JonnyBlaze
I'm talkin about the Max Baer before he killed guys in the ring..After he killed those guys,he changed everything..He wasn't himself in the Braddock fight..After those guys died in the ring against him he became more of a jokester in the ring..Before he did that,he was a savage..

As,Buddy Baer was the same exact size,if not bigger than Wlad..He was 6'6 1/2 and weighed between 238-255 in his career..He also did knock down Joe Louis..Both Baers were die hard in the ring and had a lot of heart..If they got knocked down,they got back up..Buddy didn't get back up in the second Joe Louis fight because Louis hit him so hard with the right he broke Buddy's ankle..

I'm not arguing that the Baers would win or lose,I'm just throwin stuff out there for you guys to debate..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Method @ May 15 2009, 03:05 AM) *
Being that the Klitchko's (ESPECIALLY Wladdy) are the biggest pussies, pound for pound, that the sport has ever known, gimme the Baer Bro's all day.

i'm not sure i would call them the biggest pussies.. its not their fault there is no comp at heavy right now.. well there is a few guys that may challenge them but nuthing special... thats not their faults.. what do you think makes them pussies?...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 15 2009, 12:28 PM) *
I'm talkin about the Max Baer before he killed guys in the ring..After he killed those guys,he changed everything..He wasn't himself in the Braddock fight..After those guys died in the ring against him he became more of a jokester in the ring..Before he did that,he was a savage..

As,Buddy Baer was the same exact size,if not bigger than Wlad..He was 6'6 1/2 and weighed between 238-255 in his career..He also did knock down Joe Louis..Both Baers were die hard in the ring and had a lot of heart..If they got knocked down,they got back up..Buddy didn't get back up in the second Joe Louis fight because Louis hit him so hard with the right he broke Buddy's ankle..

as hard a hitter as those guys where for their time.. i would think that heavies are hitting harder now.. its like other sports the athlete is bigger stronger faster now... era for era i dont even think its a contest... put the klits in the 30's with that type of training and maybe you have a valid point but era for era i dont see the bear brothers beating the klits...
JD
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 15 2009, 01:28 PM) *

I'm not arguing that the Baers would win or lose,I'm just throwin stuff out there for you guys to debate..

By todays rules, either would get TKO'd by either Klitschko. They were too slow and unskilled, and they would have no answer for the jab in either case. I just really don't see these fights as being all that much of a contest.

Things were just so different back than. Now granted, I am going off of limited exposure to either Baer, but enough to assess that they were not very good - just really big, and by today's standards, they wouldn't even be that big...at least Max wouldn't.
Method
i'm not sure i would call them the biggest pussies.. its not their fault there is no comp at heavy right now..
Lack of comp has ZERO to do with the fact that they are the two BIGGEST pussies in the sport.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (JD @ May 15 2009, 12:53 PM) *
By todays rules, either would get TKO'd by either Klitschko. They were too slow and unskilled, and they would have no answer for the jab in either case. I just really don't see these fights as being all that much of a contest.

Things were just so different back than. Now granted, I am going off of limited exposure to either Baer, but enough to assess that they were not very good - just really big, and by today's standards, they wouldn't even be that big...at least Max wouldn't.

Max was 6'2 1/2 and weighed as much as 220..

Jluvbaby,bigger doesn't mean stronger..Holyfield has showed us that..Dempsey showed us that more than anyone in my opinion..Dempsey was the giant slayer weighing only 180 against Willard..In his book he talks about how they said he weighed more than he did and Willard less than he did to make the fight seem more legit..The size difference was insane in the ring..Dempsey would also spar with guys who'd weigh 300 lbs..Max Baer had a murderous punch and I think still would today..Buddy Baer hit hard too as he did knock down Joe Louis..

You all know I'm a fan of the Klitchkos and I like them a lot more than the Baers but wanted to sound unbiased..
JD
Right...6'2 1/2" and a hair under 220 is by no means a big heavyweight in this day and age.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (JD @ May 15 2009, 01:33 PM) *
Right...6'2 1/2" and a hair under 220 is by no means a big heavyweight in this day and age.

Same exact size of Holyfield now
JonnyBlaze
You all should hit up my Mike McCallum vs. Dick Tiger match up..I really want to know what some of ya think about it..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Method @ May 15 2009, 01:26 PM) *
Lack of comp has ZERO to do with the fact that they are the two BIGGEST pussies in the sport.

lol.. what makes them pussies method?.. the fact that one brother fights the guy that beats the other?.. thats being smart and money making?... pro boxing is really a buisness not a sport at the end of the day... but please tell me what makes them pussies?... i would like to know... let me say this too.. those two pussies as you call them are the two dominant heavies in the division... no fighter right now can beat the both of them....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 15 2009, 01:30 PM) *
Max was 6'2 1/2 and weighed as much as 220..

Jluvbaby,bigger doesn't mean stronger..Holyfield has showed us that..Dempsey showed us that more than anyone in my opinion..Dempsey was the giant slayer weighing only 180 against Willard..In his book he talks about how they said he weighed more than he did and Willard less than he did to make the fight seem more legit..The size difference was insane in the ring..Dempsey would also spar with guys who'd weigh 300 lbs..Max Baer had a murderous punch and I think still would today..Buddy Baer hit hard too as he did knock down Joe Louis..

You all know I'm a fan of the Klitchkos and I like them a lot more than the Baers but wanted to sound unbiased..

dempsey also refused to fight the best heavies of his time who by the way happened to be black fighters... to me that makes dempsies reign very tarnished... also he barely defended his title.. please give me a better example... another myth that my gramps told me about and i've also heard from a few other old schoolers was that dempsey and jack johnson had some unsanctioned fights back in the 20's and he had his ass handed to him in all of them... could be true could be myth... who knows but fact is dempsey did not fight the best of his era in sanctioned fights... jack dempsey to me because of that is the most over rated heavy ever... take that how ever you take it..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 15 2009, 05:57 PM) *
dempsey also refused to fight the best heavies of his time who by the way happened to be black fighters... to me that makes dempsies reign very tarnished... also he barely defended his title.. please give me a better example... another myth that my gramps told me about and i've also heard from a few other old schoolers was that dempsey and jack johnson had some unsanctioned fights back in the 20's and he had his ass handed to him in all of them... could be true could be myth... who knows but fact is dempsey did not fight the best of his era in sanctioned fights... jack dempsey to me because of that is the most over rated heavy ever... take that how ever you take it..

Actually,Dempsey didn't refuse shit..He wanted to fight the black fighters too but his handlers(Doc Kearns or Rickard,I think it was mainly Rickard) wouldn't let him because of money and stuff like that..There was a specific guy though,not multiple black guys..I've never heard that myth you talk about and I don't think it was true..I think Dempsey would of really whooped Johnson..I think saying he was the most overrated heavy ever is too much..He had unseen power back then..People still say today that Dempsey had the hardest left hook boxing has ever seen..

When you say he barely defended his title,it was because he seperated from Doc Kearns because Doc didn't want him to get married and he did..Doc got wasted one night and said some shit infront of Dempsey's wife and Dempsey straight up stopped talkin to him after that..When he barely defended his title,it was after this period..Dempsey would fight multiple guys in one night sometimes..

EDITED IN------Just thought of the black dudes name--Harry Wills..He was a beast back then..His nick name was the black panther..I remember he beat Sam Langford multiple times(over 7 times and lost to him only twice),Jack Sharkey(who took the fight on a long shot),and I think he fought Firpo too..He is the "black fighters" you are referring to..I know you may say there were others,but it was Harry Wills who you think he refused to fight..It sucks black fighters had to strictly(for the most part) stick to fighting other black fighters..Sharkey and others stepped up to the plate though and gave Wills a shot..Dempsey had a contract to fight him(Dempsey forced the contract to be made),but I believe it was Rickard who destroyed the contract and made a new fight with Tunney..Dempsey wanted to fight Wills but people kept telling him it'd be a bad turnout(fans) and people might start thinking different about him because he fought a black guy..Bogus I know,but that's how it happened..
Romulus9
Dempsey would have crushed Jack Johnson.

Johnson's wins over Ketchel and Jeffries were nice but he never fought a guy like Dempsey, who was without question a better fighter than Jess Willard who absolutely OWNED Johnson.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ May 15 2009, 09:55 PM) *

Johnson's wins over Ketchel and Jeffries were nice but he never fought a guy like Dempsey, who was without question a better fighter than Jess Willard who absolutely OWNED Johnson.

Yup..In my opinion,Dempsey did more damage to Willard than anyone has ever given out to another fighter..They callled Dempseys left hook,the left hook from Olympus..1 left hook broke his cheek(shovel hook he called it) in 13 places,another left hook knocked out 6 teeth,and he has had several broken ribs,and a broken jaw too i believe..
JLUVBABY
dempsey is on record saying he wouldnt fight any black fighters...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ May 15 2009, 09:55 PM) *

there is a great possibililty johnson threw that fight with williard... well known speculation because of him being in trouble because of the "man act" of the time... myth is he accepted a deal to lose that fight for a lesser sentence... and i wouldnt say williard owned johnson in that fight.. as far as fighting technique johnson was well ahead of his time.. guys like him and joe gans where defensive wizards at a time when defense wasnt really even thought about...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 15 2009, 10:11 PM) *
Yup..In my opinion,Dempsey did more damage to Willard than anyone has ever given out to another fighter..They callled Dempseys left hook,the left hook from Olympus..1 left hook broke his cheek(shovel hook he called it) in 13 places,another left hook knocked out 6 teeth,and he has had several broken ribs,and a broken jaw too i believe..

there is also speculation that dempsey had loaded gloves in that fight.. abc did a doc. years ago called the 10 best rounds ever i have it on vhs tape and it shows footage of the ko round and shows a black object that flew out of dempseys hands and is picked up off the canvas from an unknown person ringside.. thats on film... again its just a myth of what the black object on hilm is but you can clearly see it fly from dempseys glove area and land on the canvas but point is that dempsey has a lot of cloud around him and again i would have too look up the source but dempsey is on record stating he would not fight black fighters... i think it had to do with the cont. surrounding jack johnsons reign and the great white hope search and all... and you are right harry wills is the guys name and he would have more than likely smashed dempsey and johnson at his fighting best smashes dempsey as well...
JLUVBABY
joe janette was another black fighter dempsey refused to fight as well...
JonnyBlaze
I'd like the source on this stuff JLuv if you can find it..It'd be interesting to read..

I doubt Dempsey's hands were loaded..I have pictures of his wraps on his hands before getting into the ring with Willard..These pictures were also studied by experts and they concluded there was no way his hands were loaded..From looking at pictures,for me,it is hard to tell but they looked normal..The experts probably blew up the picture and zoned in on his hands..Plus Dempsey broke his sparring partners jaw that was 7'0 or 7'2,300+ lbs..I think Dempsey just had freakish power and the loaded wraps thing is brought up because of the amount of damage..It's a scary thing is someone could do something like that to someone with 1 punch each..This is all my opinion based on facts I've read and seen..

Plaster on the wraps can cause a fighter a lot of problems..You can break your hands very easily..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.