Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joshua Clottey and Andre Berto= Next Best Thing
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kingknockout
not too sure about berto cus of his last fight, but he's still pretty impressive when it comes to power and speed......not saying he's something ive never seen before but for his size the guy is kind of built, his chin is rather questionable but when it comes to offense, the guy isn't that bad...and he goes after his opponents when he see's an opening.........................

Joshua Clottey= Simply Amazing lol
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (kingknockout @ May 16 2009, 02:43 PM) *
not too sure about berto cus of his last fight, but he's still pretty impressive when it comes to power and speed......not saying he's something ive never seen before but for his size the guy is kind of built, his chin is rather questionable but when it comes to offense, the guy isn't that bad...and he goes after his opponents when he see's an opening.........................

Joshua Clottey= Simply Amazing lol

Clottey's tough but he ain't getting past Cotto.
JLUVBABY
thats gonna be a good fight bazook.. i'm kinda leaning towards clottey but only because i think he has the guts to stand up to what cotto is gonna bring and also bring his own power shots back... thats gonna be a good fight... on the subject of clottey and berto thats an interesting fight as well.. styles make fights and thats a good style match up as well... i'm just glad these guys are fighting each other...
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 16 2009, 05:21 PM) *
thats gonna be a good fight bazook.. i'm kinda leaning towards clottey but only because i think he has the guts to stand up to what cotto is gonna bring and also bring his own power shots back... thats gonna be a good fight... on the subject of clottey and berto thats an interesting fight as well.. styles make fights and thats a good style match up as well... i'm just glad these guys are fighting each other...

I agree i don't think it's gonna be easy for either guy there both going to have to dig down hard. I just think Cotto's versatility will be the difference.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 16 2009, 05:34 PM) *
I agree i don't think it's gonna be easy for either guy there both going to have to dig down hard. I just think Cotto's versatility will be the difference.

If Clottey brings Cotto back to the same place Margarito had had,Cotto is going to be more willing to stop sooner in my opinion..He either will be willing to go back to hell or he won't..I have a feeling he is not willing to..If anyone can bring Cotto back to that place,it's Clottey in my opinion..Clottey can take a major beating if he must and he has a really good punch..
The CEO
Guys....Cotto feels as good as someone can about that loss.....yes...he was surely devastated originally....getting the tats and drowning his sorrows like Hatton....but I'm sure Plastergate vindicated him and strengthened him mentally.

If his training goes well...he's got Clottey. 8 rounds to 4.

As far as Berto....throwing fast, explosive combos and having some heart and stamina ain't enough...he's gonna end up being one of those guys who stays in The Elites' shadows.....
kingknockout
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 18 2009, 01:02 AM) *
Guys....Cotto feels as good as someone can about that loss.....yes...he was surely devastated originally....getting the tats and drowning his sorrows like Hatton....but I'm sure Plastergate vindicated him and strengthened him mentally.

If his training goes well...he's got Clottey. 8 rounds to 4.

As far as Berto....throwing fast, explosive combos and having some heart and stamina ain't enough...he's gonna end up being one of those guys who stays in The Elites' shadows.....

wanna bet clottey wins?
The CEO
QUOTE (kingknockout @ May 18 2009, 02:09 AM) *
wanna bet clottey wins?

I only bet with the established.
Douchebag
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 18 2009, 08:56 AM) *

LMAO
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 18 2009, 08:56 AM) *

laugh.gif You want me to put a hex on Clottey by picking him???
The CEO
QUOTE (The Conscience @ May 18 2009, 08:59 AM) *
LMAO

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 18 2009, 01:31 PM) *
laugh.gif You want me to put a hex on Clottey by picking him???

laugh.gif laugh.gif
D-MARV
It's not wise to BET with C.E.O...

See below for details!
The CEO
laugh.gif

You've been a real trooper, D....props to YOU.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 18 2009, 07:56 AM) *

ether.
kingknockout
marv i dont know what the hell you are talkin about lol.

Big Slim Sweet
I'm rooting for Cotto cause I believe he's a warrior who's good for boxing and he got shafted badly by the whole Margarito plaster deal but I don't think he's going to beat Clottey.

Clottey by decisive UD, after which he'll either face Mosley or move to 154 to get a meaningful fight.

Berto doesn't last 12 with the first top fighter he faces, if he even makes it to that big fight at all.
Spyder
Cotto has got this one...this is his return to the elite level fight.

After this, EVERYONE will be clamoring for the rematch with Shane.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 19 2009, 01:47 PM) *
Cotto has got this one...this is his return to the elite level fight.

After this, EVERYONE will be clamoring for the rematch with Shane.

This is what I'm hoping for.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.