Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Preview Discussion:Berto vs. Urango and Cintron vs. Angulo
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
Everyone,

Don't forget about this great little scraper of a double-header on HBO May 30th! Kudos to HBO for this card. This is no Floyd Mayweather "Dancing With The Stars" bullshit. These fights both have the potential to be wars! Who knows how long or short they will last?! But it really is almost guaranteed to be exciting! Here is our press release about it:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content4946...ccfdb7e6cc62012

Predictions and comments?

Jack

King Eugene
Berto by Decision
Angulo stops Cintron in the 8th.

If Berto remains a boxer and not attempt to be a crowd pleaser I see him boxing his way to a decision. If he makes it a scrap then it could possibly go either way or maybe even a stoppage.

Angulo is unproven to me but I think Cintron will be a pretty good test for him and also a name to add to the resume. I don't think Cintron and wine and cry his way out of too many more fights.
Mean Mister Mustard
Urango seems to be letting his hands go more since the Hatton loss. That's good and bad. Good because he has power and his punches bother people. It's bad though, because he's so muscular that his arms get tired from throwing too much. Now, you might say "Well he should just find a middle rythm" and that makes sense but the guy is too slow. He has to swing all the time, it is the only way he can win.

Berto was lambasted by some people because he struggled with Collazo. I for one don't see why. Sure, criticism is warranted in any young ucpomers fight but it seems to me that people overkook the fact that he beat a good fighter. Collazo in no chump. Berto has nice defense, tremendous handspeed, stamina (closed the show strong against Collazo) and I like how he throws that counter right uppercut.

I think Berto will be too seasoned and more diverse than the plodding Urango and maybe stop the Colombian late in the fight.

As for the Angulo-Cintron fight, THAT is the one to see. Cintron is a very dilslikeable fighter. Sure, he has a touching backstory but the man comes off as annoying. From the stories we used to hear on this forum about how he backstabbed those who helped him get to the top, to his monotone and boring interviews the man is hard to root for. That being said, I do not hate him even though I was calling him CLITon after the Martinez fight. I do respect Cintron, the man got whooped by Margarito and still asked for seconds, he has concussive power and he surprised me in the Martinez fight because I was expecting him to get beat up and instead made it competitive.

Now will this be a repeat of the Margarito fights? For one thing, even though Angulo is heavier than Margarito, he seems to posess less punching power than Margarito. Angulo is just as slow as Margarito and he may not have as good a chin as Margarito, which would prove to be disasterous against Cintron. Angulo's people clearly see Cintron as a steppingstone but they should not make the mistake that just because Angulo is a Mexican pressure fighter he will walk through Cintron. There will be dangerous moments for Angulo and he might even hit the deck. His superior conditioning will win him the fight but his reputation will take a shot.
Lil-lightsout
I am very excited about these two fights. They should both be action packed!

Urango-Berto fight is a 50-50 fight to me. I really do not know who will come out on top, though I am certain there will be fireworks.

The way Cintron has looked lately, I definately favor Angulo, though he is still unproven. I just do not like the way Cintron handles adversity, he does not seem to have the heart or skills to stay at the top. I am not trying to rip on him like most do either, just trying to be real with his limited skills and questionable desire at times he has showed. But maybe with Angulo's style, Cintron will look better and be able to easier land his power shots?

Good breakdown MMM. I always enjoy when people give an in depth analysis of fights the way they think it will play out. I wish I was a fast typer, or I would do it more often.
Douchebag
Berto by late stoppage. Bigger, faster more more skilled and just as much power. A no brainer IMO.
Muther Fuck Anculo. Cintron is going to rock that mutt to sleep.
D-MARV
Berto by wide Decison... 118-110

Angulo 6th round stoppage
Keith
berto wins by decision but it means nothing. at this point he is a good fighter but not great. he looks the part but he doesnt seem to have enough power for a short fighter with limited reach. he loses technique and the snap in his punches as his fights wear on. i also have to question his chin. collazo is not a big puncher and he hurt berto a few times in their fight. even as a j. welter. urango has more power then collazo and may be able to take berto out.

angulo is going to murder cintron. angulo fights similar to margarito but posseses the one punch power that margarito lacks. cintron could not keep margarito off him in either of their fights and the same will happen against angulo. cintron just isnt very tough.
Douchebag
QUOTE (keith @ May 19 2009, 03:07 PM) *
berto wins by decision but it means nothing. at this point he is a good fighter but not great. he looks the part but he doesnt seem to have enough power for a short fighter with limited reach. he loses technique and the snap in his punches as his fights wear on. i also have to question his chin. collazo is not a big puncher and he hurt berto a few times in their fight. even as a j. welter. urango has more power then collazo and may be able to take berto out.

angulo is going to murder cintron. angulo fights similar to margarito but posseses the one punch power that margarito lacks. cintron could not keep margarito off him in either of their fights and the same will happen against angulo. cintron just isnt very tough.

Anculo doesn't have margs chin either. He got ROCKED by Guitierez and only came back because Guitierez punched himself out.
D-MARV
QUOTE (The Conscience @ May 19 2009, 03:20 PM) *
Anculo doesn't have margs chin either. He got ROCKED by Guitierez and only came back because Guitierez punched himself out.

Cintron simply can't deal with PRESSURE. He won't make it to the 8th round
JonnyBlaze
Berto by UD and Angulo by TKO round 10..

Cintron is done in my opinion..He never has impressed me before either..

Berto keeps making small improvements..I think he concentrates on making his defense better in training and also finding new combos to throw that would work for him against a specific opponent..Strictly opinion,I have no idea what he concentrates on involving the art of boxing(not including conditioning)..

As you all know though,I'm a huge Berto fan and am always pumped to see him in the ring..
JLUVBABY
i think urango is gonna make berto look like a monster... and he may or may not be i'd like to see him in with a solid natural welter... but i believe (hope) will be seen criing again in the ring at the end... damn cry baby...
Romulus9
I think Urango is tailor made for Berto. Face first, no jab, power puncher. Berto can use his strengths and have absolute control. I don't think he stops Urango but I think he wins comfortably.

I think Angulo beats Cintron but I don't think it's the outright (Cintron meltdown) blowout that some think... and I'm not a fan of Cintron by any stretch. With Angulo, it just seems like there is something missing. Hate Cintron to whatever degree, the guy can punch. If he catches Angulo, it could get VERY interesting because while Angulo has been hurt, he hasn't been hurt by a guy that can hit like Cintron. Did the Margarito fights ruin him forever? Perhaps, but at the same time he has to be aware of two things:

1.) He got VERY lucky against Martinez, and the 116-110 card was more realistic than the 113-113 cards, ignoring the fact that the fight may have been over after the knockdown.

2.) This is it for him. He has to win this fight, or have an incredibly good showing in a losing effort, in order to be within shouting distance in a group of weight classes that are among the deepest in talent in the sport. That kind of motivation could bring out a Cintron performance that we haven't seen in YEARS. If that happens, well, Angulo better be exactly what he's cracked up to be.

That said, I take Angulo on points in a fight that has shaky moments for Angulo and a decision that might be a little controversial.
Keith
QUOTE (The Conscience @ May 19 2009, 03:20 PM) *

this is a good point. and cintron does have nice straight right to test that chin.. but i would have to say that cintron has only displayed that power against lesser opponents. cintron is only able to get off against physically weaker fighters. this is why he fell apart against margarito. margarito was stronger and simply never let him set up and throw that right hand effectively. kind of the same thing with martinez. although different then margs, martinez was physically stronger then cintron and wouldnt let him get off ( i think martinez was robbed). unless cintron hurts angulo early, cintron will tire and fall apart under pressure.
Imperius3
Berto is well above the limited Urango, and Berto will dominate him.

The fight that interests me the most is Angulo-Cintron. We'll see how good Angulo's chin really is, and if he can stand up to Cintron's punches, he will break Cintron's will with his work rate. That's what I think we will see happen. Angulo stops Cintron in the 8th.
Jack 1000
I'll take Berto by KO in 10 and Angulo by KO in 8. However, I see both opponents coming off the canvas at least once before getting stopped. Both matches are these kind of fights.

Jack
Jack 1000
Don't forget about these fights! Both should be good however long they last!

Jack
King Eugene
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 28 2009, 03:26 PM) *
Don't forget about these fights! Both should be good however long they last!

Jack

I was making plans for a date this weekend and all of a sudden thought about these fights so I moved my date up to an earlier time lol.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 28 2009, 09:48 PM) *
I was making plans for a date this weekend and all of a sudden thought about these fights so I moved my date up to an earlier time lol.

Where you and Steven going? laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 28 2009, 09:51 PM) *
Where you and Steven going? laugh.gif

To see a Roy Jones concert.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 28 2009, 09:53 PM) *
To see a Roy Jones concert.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I would love to see him rapping to some Roy Jones hits(does he even have any). dntknw.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 28 2009, 10:19 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I would love to see him rapping to some Roy Jones hits(does he even have any). dntknw.gif

I'm sure he does but of course he wont admit it. lol

He probably listens to I smoke I drank every weekend when he's out partying.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.