Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mayweasther interview...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
i'm sure you all saw the interview on the main page if not check it out... i am and always have been a fan of his and while i would like to see him fight the natural welters as well i understand it is a buisness... just wondering what you guys thought of the interview.. i thought he made some valid points throughout tho there is another side to every story...
Romulus9
Here's what I thought of the interview:

Nothing has changed. He's still a dickhead.

Mosley would dispose of Floyd. I have no doubt about it. He'd fight him just like he fought Margarito and decimate him.

Let him fight Marquez. I hope he loses that fight too, although it's doubtful. I hope he's flat broke in 2 years and he and his crackhead father are forced to work at a car wash for minimum wage plus tips in a really sketchy area of Compton, California.
King Eugene
I found the interview very interesting myself. He's made it pretty clear that he is a business man. He fights for money and not legacy anymore. Well atleast thats what I think he is saying indirectly. He makes the statement that he has been dominating guys since the late 90's to now. He just feels like every fight from now on out should be a big money fight. Cant blame him for that.
STEVENSKI
I saw a bit of that interview but he talks so much junk I had to turn it off.
King Eugene
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ May 19 2009, 08:35 PM) *
Here's what I thought of the interview:

Nothing has changed. He's still a dickhead.

Mosley would dispose of Floyd. I have no doubt about it. He'd fight him just like he fought Margarito and decimate him.

Let him fight Marquez. I hope he loses that fight too, although it's doubtful. I hope he's flat broke in 2 years and he and his crackhead father are forced to work at a car wash for minimum wage plus tips in a really sketchy area of Compton, California.

I doubt that, Floyd is too smart for that with a totally different style. He wont come straight at you hoping to win off high activity.
D-MARV
Floyd is Floyd... I'll be interested to see what he does after Marquez and Pacquiao.
Mean Mister Mustard
So if he's only coming back as a businessman and for the money does that give more credibility to the story that he is having financial troubles?
Romulus9
Probably, yes.

He doesn't strike me as someone who knows how to use money wisely.

Financial wisdom doesn't equal blowing huge sums of cash on bling and whores.

I sincerely hope he fails. Luckily, his failure will be shown on international television.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 19 2009, 08:56 PM) *
So if he's only coming back as a businessman and for the money does that give more credibility to the story that he is having financial troubles?

No... I don't think so at all. I just think the man loves Money.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 19 2009, 08:56 PM) *

You could argue that or say that he is just money hungry and loves money. Some people say just give me a million and then I'm good. Well after they get a million, they want another million and so on.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ May 20 2009, 01:59 AM) *
I sincerely hope he fails. Luckily, his failure will be shown on international television.

I hope he fails as well. If not in the ring then in life.
Sugar Q
The very smart thing Floyd does is keep his haters focusing on the money and bravado while he remains a consummate pro and haters just keep on hating never looking at the fact that this guy is full of pride. His legacy means the world to him cause he's never off his game.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 19 2009, 09:52 PM) *
The very smart thing Floyd does is keep his haters focusing on the money and bravado while he remains a consummate pro and haters just keep on hating never looking at the fact that this guy is full of pride. His legacy means the world to him cause he's never off his game.

I think he feels his legacy is sealed. He's going after the money now. I could be wrong but the most reasonable logic is to.....well.....um......fight a top WW.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 20 2009, 01:52 AM) *

His legacy means NOTHING to himwhich is why he makes fights that do NOTHING for his legacy. The guy is pure smoke & mirrors.
Box in Hand
I think from this interview we see a calmer more introspective Mayweather. Love him or hate him he is extremely intelligent and no matter how much hate you have for him "You'll be tuning in".
Mean Mister Mustard
I love how I just asked whether his own comments on "I'm just a businessman" means that he has money problems and all of a sudden we're haters. Let me get this straight SugarQ: If we ask questions about Mayweather's finances we a re haters? And is that all the haters focus on? The finances? Haven't the "haters" actually brought up valid points about Mayweather's refusal to fight legitimate welterweights?

What's funny is that PBF himself keeps proving the "haters" right with his actions and everytime he opens his mouth.
kingknockout
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 19 2009, 09:47 PM) *
I hope he fails as well. If not in the ring then in life.

what type of prejudice shit is this? nono.gif
The Original MrFactor
Well who woulda brought more money to the table?? JMM or Paul Williams?? Mayweather aint fighting for the money. Win or lose, I think a PPV with him vs Williams would do better numbers.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (kingknockout @ May 20 2009, 04:35 AM) *

Are you implying some type of racism?? Stevenski is our resident hater. I dont think the guy is prejudiced, he's just an admitted hater. Personally, I think the guy is funny as hell...
Keith
i dont get mayweather at all. he says he wont fight paquiao because he hates bob arum. that would also eliminate cotto from a fight with him. he wont fight mosley because he says mosley isnt a big enough draw. who the hell is he going to fight? why come back? pbf is delusional if he thinks a mosley fight wouldnt sell. it would sell because many people would be very interested in seeing him fight another HOF fighter that could possibly beat him. it would sell more then this fight with marquez. i really think he is concerned with keeping the 0.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (kingknockout @ May 20 2009, 08:35 AM) *

No I just hate the cunt thats all. I am not a racist by any means I hate many fighters from the Bitchkos to PBF, colour is no barrier to my hate.

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 20 2009, 10:26 AM) *
Are you implying some type of racism?? Stevenski is our resident hater. I dont think the guy is prejudiced, he's just an admitted hater. Personally, I think the guy is funny as hell...

Exactly I am what I am. I can spit knowledge & hate equally. I just fuckin hate Mayweather & his uncle & his father.

Method
I believe Shane Mosley, with Naazim Richardson in his corner, would have the best chance of beating Floyd Mayweather.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Method @ May 20 2009, 08:40 AM) *
I believe Shane Mosley, with Naazim Richardson in his corner, would have the best chance of beating Floyd Mayweather.

I think your right but time isn't on Shane's side and Floyd knows it. It's just one bitch move after another with that guy.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The Conscience @ May 20 2009, 01:42 PM) *
I think your right but time isn't on Shane's side and Floyd knows it. It's just one bitch move after another with that guy.

Exactly. I hope that JMM catches lightning in a bottle & whoops him good.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (kingknockout @ May 20 2009, 04:35 AM) *

stevenski is many things but i dont think racist is one of em he leaves his hate for the bitchmade
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ May 19 2009, 07:59 PM) *
Financial wisdom doesn't equal blowing huge sums of cash on bling and whores.

I don't see anything financially unwise about buying a few Hoes....

cool.gif
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 20 2009, 07:07 AM) *
colour is no barrier to my hate.

And it shouldn't be.

lol...
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 19 2009, 10:29 PM) *
I love how I just asked whether his own comments on "I'm just a businessman" means that he has money problems and all of a sudden we're haters. Let me get this straight SugarQ: If we ask questions about Mayweather's finances we a re haters? And is that all the haters focus on? The finances? Haven't the "haters" actually brought up valid points about Mayweather's refusal to fight legitimate welterweights?

What's funny is that PBF himself keeps proving the "haters" right with his actions and everytime he opens his mouth.

Well it's apparent haterz don't focus on the man's skills or professionalism cause if they did they wouldn't constantly put their feet in their own asses after every win. Haterz don't like PBF's personality! and after he defeats Marquez, Manny and Mosley they'll come up with something else. Floyd says he'll make more off Marquez than Manny and Hatton together for their fight. WHO CARES!! Unless dude is contributing to the Q FUND "I don't really give a f--k". The haterz seem to focus on the money moniker and the dude's personality which sounds pretty homo to me. The real question is, why can't PBF fight Marquez (Manny won't fight him) then Mosley? Give the man a chance to comeback. He has to fight Mosley, the fight is inevitable.
torvix2000
I agree with SugarQ. Haterz should stop hatin'.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ May 20 2009, 05:26 PM) *
I don't see anything financially unwise about buying a few Hoes....

cool.gif

Two things a man should never pay for...water and women! Its too much of it in this world to be paying for. Thats like asking me to pay for oxygen.
jlupi
His legacy means the world to him cause he's never off his game. >>>

floyd is a great fighter but he really has just faught names or fighters he knew he could beat since 2003. Maybe the castillo fights really took something away inside. He never really looked forr the challenges after that. It became about adding belts and money with the least possible risk.

after 2003 he became roy (who i love) but there is always something missing when a fighter declares themeself great without daring to be great.

thehype
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 20 2009, 06:23 AM) *
Well who woulda brought more money to the table?? JMM or Paul Williams?? Mayweather aint fighting for the money. Win or lose, I think a PPV with him vs Williams would do better numbers.

Actually, JMM is probably the bigger money fight. The power of the Mexican consumer is far greater than the power of the African American consumer when it comes to buying pay-per-view boxing events. Don't get me wrong...I'd much rather see a Mayweather vs. Williams fight, but there's a lot more people who know Marquez than there are who know Williams. Mayweather vs. Williams just simply isn't a big PPV event yet. Most casual fans that I talk to (cats at that gym that just basically watch the big fights) didn't even realize that Paul Williams beat Margarito well before Mosley ever beat him...and this was just leading up to his fight with Winky Wright.
EirbinX
QUOTE (thehype @ May 21 2009, 11:44 AM) *
Actually, JMM is probably the bigger money fight. The power of the Mexican consumer is far greater than the power of the African American consumer when it comes to buying pay-per-view boxing events. Don't get me wrong...I'd much rather see a Mayweather vs. Williams fight, but there's a lot more people who know Marquez than there are who know Williams. Mayweather vs. Williams just simply isn't a big PPV event yet. Most casual fans that I talk to (cats at that gym that just basically watch the big fights) didn't even realize that Paul Williams beat Margarito well before Mosley ever beat him...and this was just leading up to his fight with Winky Wright.

I dont like this match up cuz of there styles so im probably not buying this fight. think hatton - pacquaio was worth watchin and this will kinda not. P. Will Vs. Mayweather though i'll put my rent up to watch that 1
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 20 2009, 07:01 PM) *
Well it's apparent haterz don't focus on the man's skills or professionalism cause if they did they wouldn't constantly put their feet in their own asses after every win. Haterz don't like PBF's personality! and after he defeats Marquez, Manny and Mosley they'll come up with something else. Floyd says he'll make more off Marquez than Manny and Hatton together for their fight. WHO CARES!! Unless dude is contributing to the Q FUND "I don't really give a f--k". The haterz seem to focus on the money moniker and the dude's personality which sounds pretty homo to me. The real question is, why can't PBF fight Marquez (Manny won't fight him) then Mosley? Give the man a chance to comeback. He has to fight Mosley, the fight is inevitable.

The "haterz" seem to be focusing more on his dodging welterweights than his financial problems. And what's with the homo references? Are you a bigot?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ May 21 2009, 01:26 AM) *
I agree with SugarQ. Haterz should stop hatin'.

I will never stop. What has he done to make me stop hating him?
JLUVBABY
i posted a comment to that video for the very reason of this.. number 1 floyd cares very much about his legacy and number 2 we all know floyd is very cocky.. i dont think there is anyone that he thinks can beat him... he has 2 potential super fights in the future after he whips marquez... first pacman and second cotto if he is able to get past clottey which i am not sure he will... and 3rd mosely.. and unlike many on this board i think a mosely fight would turn out to be pretty easy for him... mayweather whips mosely... maybe not back in the day at lightweight but maybe so.. but deff. not now.. as fast as mosely is mayweather is faster and younger and would give mosely fits.. just my opinion...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.