Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Curious George says crickets were louder than Money Mayweather
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
thehype
So one of my favorite monkeys, Curious George, just got back from a scouting mission. Although Floyd Mayweather Jr. pretty much covered everything he had to say during the press conference, Curious George wanted to know if he would have anything else to say during a chat session.

Word is, he didn't say much. In fact, according to Curious George, the crickets were louder than anything Money May had to say.

Apparently, there were only 6 people in attendance...1 being Floyd Mayweather Jr., 1 being Curious George, 1 being the moderator of the chat session and 1 being an employee of the site. In other words, 2 members showed up.

So now I'm curious, is that a sign that Floyd Mayweather Jr. isn't really a draw, or does it just mean that said website simply doesn't have any members?

Inquiring minds want to know.

For sh1ts and giggles, have a look at this pic (click the link above the image to see full size):

http://www.fighthype.com/woooooooo/FloydCrickets.jpg

Romulus9
That's fantastic.
The CEO
Wait a second, Hype....I don't know....I can tell by "floyd@blahtalk.com"'s syntax and word usage that THAT'S not Mayweather Junior....I have some insight on things of this nature.... mellow.gif
thehype
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 19 2009, 11:12 PM) *
Wait a second, Hype....I don't know....I can tell by "floyd@blahtalk.com"'s syntax and word usage that THAT'S not Mayweather Junior....I have some insight on things of this nature.... mellow.gif

laugh.gif

I hear ya...but seriously though, I'm wondering if that's a sign of Mayweather's ability to be a draw...I mean, if you consider that it was advertised for two days, I would think that more than 2 members would show up. At least 4 or 5. LOL. I mean, seriously...just 2 freaking members? That's pretty pathetic. I think we could get more than 2 MMA fans to show up for a Floyd Mayweather chat. LOL. Would Manny Pacquiao draw more than 2 members over there? Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh, by the way...Curious George also had a conversation with Ryan Burton...he does most of the interviews over there now...Ryan gave some good insight on how things work over there...I'll have to see if I can get that transcript from him and post it. I'll probably just post it in the Team FightHype forum for now. LOL.
King Eugene
Hmmm seems a little suspicious to me.
The CEO
QUOTE (thehype @ May 19 2009, 11:38 PM) *
laugh.gif

I hear ya...but seriously though, I'm wondering if that's a sign of Mayweather's ability to be a draw...I mean, if you consider that it was advertised for two days, I would think that more than 2 members would show up. At least 4 or 5. LOL. I mean, seriously...just 2 freaking members? That's pretty pathetic. I think we could get more than 2 MMA fans to show up for a Floyd Mayweather chat. LOL. Would Manny Pacquiao draw more than 2 members over there? Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh, by the way...Curious George also had a conversation with Ryan Burton...he does most of the interviews over there now...Ryan gave some good insight on how things work over there...I'll have to see if I can get that transcript from him and post it. I'll probably just post it in the Team FightHype forum for now. LOL.

Being serious back....I don't think this says anything about May's drawing power....I believe those tumbleweeds were courtesy of bt, and bt alone....those "burgers" were done a long, long time ago.

laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
Wow! Floyd is quite the draw indeed.

Barky seemed pathetic with his "any mores".

Greg Leon must be rollin in it because with that many members he could afford a slurpee a day & go all out with the flavours paying in nickels.
thehype
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 20 2009, 12:00 AM) *
Being serious back....I don't think this says anything about May's drawing power....I believe those tumbleweeds were courtesy of bt, and bt alone....those "burgers" were done a long, long time ago.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I know...I agree...I just like to see people type it.

laugh.gif
thehype
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 20 2009, 12:01 AM) *
Wow! Floyd is quite the draw indeed.

Barky seemed pathetic with his "any mores".

Greg Leon must be rollin in it because with that many members he could afford a slurpee a day & go all out with the flavours paying in nickels.

Right?

I was actually kind of sad to see what's become of ol' Avon...sounding all desperate like that still schleppin for Leon.

laugh.gif

I remember him laughing and saying we'd NEVER be as big as blahtalk. Funny how things turn out.

Man I can't wait till we drop FightHype ver. 2.0

In case you guys didn't realize it, I believe this Thursday, May 21, is officially our 2-year anniversary.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (thehype @ May 20 2009, 04:33 AM) *
Man I can't wait till we drop FightHype ver. 2.0

In case you guys didn't realize it, I believe this Thursday, May 21, is officially our 2-year anniversary.

Woot Woot! Been here since day 1 & this site just keeps getting better & better. Congrats Ben on your continuous improvements with the site & content.
Romulus9
QUOTE (thehype @ May 20 2009, 12:33 AM) *
I remember him laughing and saying we'd NEVER be as big as blahtalk. Funny how things turn out.

Indeed.
Spyder
No shit Ben...congratulations for jumping off of that sinking ship, and having the fortitude to build what you have.

All of your regulars really appreciate it...while all of that shit was going on...you still gave us a place to bullshit, and talk boxing....keeping the community together, and building your site...shit must've been stressful as hell!

I truly believe that good things happen to good people...and that eventually, shit will rain on the assholes. You deserve all of your success.
BoxingStill#1
Authentic?......
Al Hata

Yea, I go back a little with this and want to thank hype for saving the board. Boxing is in need of good message boards and there isn't one superior board like the other sport I follow, college football. In the near future, this could be the one. keep on growing fighthype.
STEVENSKI
I don't think this is a coincidence that the only boxing site I visit is Fight Hype. No filler all killer especially some of the stuff Perc has been putting up.
BigG
Fighthype = <3 <3 <3
pcraw
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 20 2009, 07:18 PM) *
I don't think this is a coincidence that the only boxing site I visit is Fight Hype. No filler all killer especially some of the stuff Perc has been putting up.

Thanks man. I'm glad you enjoy the interviews. It's only about to get better. We have some things lined up and it's going to be crazy!
King Eugene
I go and check out other sites from time to time (mainly boxingscene) but this is the only site I'm registered on and post on. I love it here! So many great guys with a lot of knowledge. The different personalities is what makes this forum so great. The interviews are what really sets it off though! I never miss a Floyd Sr. interview. I know yall dont like him but when yall getting Roy on here?
JLUVBABY
i thinks is safe to say that the certain website since no one else wants to mention its name for what ever reason doesnt have any members... my reasoning even the haters would have showed up to get in their piece on him... also makes you wonder if that was even floyd mayweather jr. on the other end...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 20 2009, 10:44 PM) *
I know yall dont like him but when yall getting Roy on here?

Are you serious 3King3? I could do that interview for him, there all the same with him anyways. laugh.gif After Lacy KO's him, hopefully he will pack it in. I did not forget about our bet either. It is a win-win for me either way. Lacy wins and I called it, Roy wins and I will be happy for him for not further embarrassing himself.
MarzB
This definitely speaks more on that piece of schit site than Mayweather. If there is a suggestion of Mayweather's ability to draw, look below at his London appearance for a workout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjMYuwvzNR4

Can't think of too many fighters that would have people clamoring like that outside of a gym, in another country for a workout.

Back to that site. I canNOT believe he's still charging people for access to interviews that are comprised of 3 or 4 questions. I'm almost certain that the boxers that are being interviewed probably have no idea that it's a pay site and less than 100 people will see the comments of theirs.
Method
I am not surprised about the trn out and I wouldnt be surprised t see a turn out like that for a lot of fighters.

What I find hilarious, though, is that this guy fronts like he is a promoter and he needs GBP big time.
MarzB
I doubt any other present fighters save for PacMan could get a turnout like that but I totally agree with you regarding Floyd and the mythical "Mayweather Promotions".

I frankly believe MP is nothing but a bunch of T-shirts/sweatshirts imprints honestly. He "talks" about not having a boss but Schaefer may as well be his Bob Arum. Skillwise I love Floyd and I love when he talks because it's funny but that doesn't mean I endorse EVERYTHING.

Whoever is advising him (Leonard and/or Al I suspect) could have given him better advice into spinning his money debacle. He could have turned the IRS thing into a huge running joke. "Even Money has Money problems in this recession",lol

But fuck all that frankly. I only posted the video becaues there are people here that don't like Floyd (you're not one of them ) for things outside of boxing and make up bullshit like "this upcoming fight won't sell", "Mayweather needs DeLa Hoya to draw",etc and those clearly aren't true.
Method
QUOTE (MarzB @ May 24 2009, 11:23 AM) *
. I only posted the video becaues there are people here that don't like Floyd (you're not one of them )

Oh, I AM one of them. I fucking HATE Floyd. And, I DO think he needs a guy like DLH to sell. We'll see how this fight does. I expect it to do a lot better than previous Floyd fights w no a-caliber PPV-attraction of a dance partner, AND with HBO doing a 24/7 behind it, but it aint gonna do no million buys.
Byrd Man
exactly Method.

With the exception of his fights with DLH and Hatton (both MAJOR drawing powers on PPV) what fights has he alone brought mega #'s to?

I'm not saying there aren't any, I'm just asking if there is, what is there? He talks about how he's the draw and all this crap. He about made me throw up when he tried to claim that the DLH fight was sold out because of HIM. I'm sure a lot of his garbage talk is just for show, but I'd love for someone to point out when he earned his PPV stripes without a major marquee fighter that he was facing. Because until DLH gave him that fight, he wasn't this big draw that he claims he is.

In fact, correct me if I'm wrong (and I could be) but wasn't Hatton and DLH the ONLY fights that he did on PPV that did big numbers like that?
neophyte7
The hatred in you seeps out... Consider that Mayweather is a shit talker trying to promote himself and will say what he has to make people like you want to hate him. If you followed Floyd you will see that he wanted the fight with Gatti in order to get in the arena that he is in now... Floyd knows that he was not a big draw-- he knew he was the best, but needed to get certain fights for money-- His lead up to the Gatti fights show this-- Is he a draw now? I saw some shit on sky sports Youtube in London where the guy was being worshipped like a God--- Floyd was talking it up saying that he he going to buy a house in London and start fighting based out of London--- the guy was being hailed for his pillaging of Hatton---- Floyd is now a draw due to haters like you along with those that are his fans-- He has got it going on and stands to make some huge dollars in he next two years...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (MarzB @ May 24 2009, 03:23 PM) *
But fuck all that frankly. I only posted the video becaues there are people here that don't like Floyd (you're not one of them ) for things outside of boxing and make up bullshit like "this upcoming fight won't sell", "Mayweather needs DeLa Hoya to draw",etc and those clearly aren't true.

We will see what his #'s are like after he fights JMM. Then we can see how much of a draw he actually is. I believe that this fight will not sell in the #'s some think. I am calling 600-700,000 buys based on the fact that he has 24/7 & is coming off a layoff. If this was a standard PBf PPV I would say 500,000 would be pushing it.
Method
Yup. The 24/7 is a big help, and, let's be honest, a 24/7 would be a big help to a LOT of guys.
thehype
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 24 2009, 07:12 PM) *
We will see what his #'s are like after he fights JMM. Then we can see how much of a draw he actually is. I believe that this fight will not sell in the #'s some think. I am calling 600-700,000 buys based on the fact that he has 24/7 & is coming off a layoff. If this was a standard PBf PPV I would say 500,000 would be pushing it.

That number wouldn't suprise me, and actually, I don't think that's bad. I mean, let's keep it real, the only reason why BOTH Mayweather and Pacquiao did good numbers in their last couple of fights is because they were fighting Ricky Hatton and Oscar De La Hoya. I don't think either one of those guys would draw HUGE numbers by fighting Marquez. Let's say Floyd stayed retired and Manny decided to fight Marquez in his next fight...I just don't think he'd come close to the 800K he just did with Hatton. It really takes a certain type of mega-fight to draw those type of numbers and the only fights I can see drawing HUGE numbers are:

Mayweather-Pacquiao
Mayweather-Mosley
Pacquiao-Mosley
Pacquiao-Cotto
Mayweather-Cotto
Tyson-Holyfield III
Trinidad-De La Hoya II
De La Hoya-Hatton

Other than those fights, I just don't see any big mega-fights out there that will bring all the stars and do HUGE PPV numbers. Paquiao vs. Khan or Pacquiao vs. Valero isn't going to cut it...just like Mayweather vs. Berto or Mayweather vs. Clottey wouldn't cut it.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 24 2009, 05:07 PM) *
The hatred in you seeps out... Consider that Mayweather is a shit talker trying to promote himself and will say what he has to make people like you want to hate him. If you followed Floyd you will see that he wanted the fight with Gatti in order to get in the arena that he is in now... Floyd knows that he was not a big draw-- he knew he was the best, but needed to get certain fights for money-- His lead up to the Gatti fights show this-- Is he a draw now? I saw some shit on sky sports Youtube in London where the guy was being worshipped like a God--- Floyd was talking it up saying that he he going to buy a house in London and start fighting based out of London--- the guy was being hailed for his pillaging of Hatton---- Floyd is now a draw due to haters like you along with those that are his fans-- He has got it going on and stands to make some huge dollars in he next two years...

the "hatred" I supposedly have is probably not the "hatred" you are thinking of. Anytime someone disagrees with a fighter or doesn't like a fighter he's a "hater". That's the language of a child.

In order to "hate" on Mayweather, that would mean I'd be denying his talents, abilities, etc. And I haven't. EVER. I've routinely said how fucking unGodly brilliant he is in the ring.

He's a douchebag out of the ring. I personally don't like him, I think he's an assclown, egotistical piece of shit bastard. Doesn't mean I "hate on" him, because I freely acknowledge how talented he is. Just think he's a low/no class human being, is all.

thehype
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 24 2009, 11:36 PM) *
the "hatred" I supposedly have is probably not the "hatred" you are thinking of. Anytime someone disagrees with a fighter or doesn't like a fighter he's a "hater". That's the language of a child.

In order to "hate" on Mayweather, that would mean I'd be denying his talents, abilities, etc. And I haven't. EVER. I've routinely said how fucking unGodly brilliant he is in the ring.

He's a douchebag out of the ring. I personally don't like him, I think he's an assclown, egotistical piece of shit bastard. Doesn't mean I "hate on" him, because I freely acknowledge how talented he is. Just think he's a low/no class human being, is all.

LOL. I think when you call someone a "douchebag", "assclown", "egotistical piece of shit bastard", "low/no class human being" and then go on to say "I personally don't like him"...well...that's just as good as saying you "hate" them.

That's perfectly okay if you're a Mayweather "hater" though...to each their own.

Just out of curiousity though, have you ever had the opportunity to meet him in person or are you just basing your opinion on what you see on TV?
Byrd Man
QUOTE (thehype @ May 24 2009, 10:58 PM) *
LOL. I think when you call someone a "douchebag", "assclown", "egotistical piece of shit bastard", "low/no class human being" and then go on to say "I personally don't like him"...well...that's just as good as saying you "hate" them.

That's perfectly okay if you're a Mayweather "hater" though...to each their own.

Just out of curiousity though, have you ever had the opportunity to meet him in person or are you just basing your opinion on what you see on TV?

Nah, I've never met dude, and I've ALSO said many times that I'm positive that this whole charade of his ego and shit is just for the cameras. He could very well be the father of the year, and all around great guy. Extremely humble. a complete 180 from what we see on the camera.

Unfortunately I don't have THAT Mayweather to go on, so I make a call on what I see. And what I see is a disgusting excuse for a human being. Going around, throwing his money at people, talking down to everyone, insulting everyone he comes in contact with. I mean, look at his interviews. He can't go a minute without either bragging about how great he is and downtalking everyone else.

I'm in awe of his boxing abilities, never ever said anything bad about his ability to fight (aside from his tendency to jump on his unicycle).

I just don't like that attitude of his. I have never liked disrespectful and arrogant people. *shrugs*
STEVENSKI
Well I think we all know that I am a PBF hater.
thehype
Aw man...it's even worse than I thought. So Curious George just got back from a second visit. Total number of attendees: 9.

1 was Floyd, 1 was the moderator and of course, 1 was Curious George, making the grand total of 6. But wait, it gets even better...according to Curious George, at one point, one of the people in attendance (alreadydrunknstuff) asked a question and then started answering his own question for Floyd. In other words, Floyds answers were being posted under one of the alleged member's names...meaning that member was a fake, a scam, an imposter to make it look like there were more people than there actually were. Whoever was doing the typing for Floyd, accidentally posted his answers under the wrong screen name (that can happen if you have more than one browser window open).

http://www.fighthype.com/woooooooo/FloydCrickets2.jpg

So now you can knock the grand total down to 5. LMAO. That shit is HILARIOUS. I know, I know...I really shouldn't concern myself with such nonsense, but it truly is funny to me. LOL. I can't stop laughing. LOL. So anyway, it gets worse...from what Curious George was telling me, 4 of the other "members" (will I am, RevD, Len and FUCK KLITSCHKO) were also fake as they were repeatedly told it was their turn to ask a question, but they never repsonded and were constantly skipped. LMAO. Who shows up for a freaking chat and then doesn't ask any questions? LOL. No response, no nothing from them. So once again, that total number of members is reduced to just 1. LOL. Damn times are hard.

Apparently, you didn't miss anything though...a lot of talk about Mosley having 5 losses and blah, blah, blah...same ol', same ol'.

Team FightHype...you know where to go to get the rest of the story.

laugh.gif
Byrd Man
wow the REALLY messed up part of that is how freaking stupid is dude who was typing the answers? he posted once under his own name, then posted again...then AGAIN....

lol.

jp
QUOTE (Method @ May 24 2009, 07:39 PM) *
Yup. The 24/7 is a big help, and, let's be honest, a 24/7 would be a big help to a LOT of guys.

24/7 helps but it doesn't guarantee anything. RJJ/Calzaghe had a 24/7 and that PPV tanked. If the fight is hot then it's going to sell regardless. I think this fight comes in around 600k which are big numbers for anyone not named ODLH.

What kind of numbers would this fight have to do for you guys to sit back and say that this was a monster PPV?
Method
What kind of numbers did Jones / Calzaghe do?

For this to be a "Monster" PPV? It would have to do $1M buys. I expect it does somewhere in the neighborhood of 500-600K. Floyd out there talking about how he is the face of the sport, a huge draw, this and that. Let me tell you something - TWO FUCKING PEOPLE showed up for his chats. TWO fucking people. That is motherfucking LAUGHABLE that the FACE of the ENTIRE sport of boxing drew TWO fucking people to a chat. They might have to start doing a countdown and 24/7 special to promote the guy's chats.
D-MARV
Meth,
You're looking too much into these chats. What website is this again?

Floyd was on fucking Bloomberg news for christ sake. Rumors of his return was front page news for ESPN. And since his return, ESPN has already done 3 interviews with the man. He's no Oscar but he is big time.
jp
QUOTE (Method @ May 28 2009, 03:40 PM) *
What kind of numbers did Jones / Calzaghe do?

For this to be a "Monster" PPV? It would have to do $1M buys. I expect it does somewhere in the neighborhood of 500-600K. Floyd out there talking about how he is the face of the sport, a huge draw, this and that. Let me tell you something - TWO FUCKING PEOPLE showed up for his chats. TWO fucking people. That is motherfucking LAUGHABLE that the FACE of the ENTIRE sport of boxing drew TWO fucking people to a chat. They might have to start doing a countdown and 24/7 special to promote the guy's chats.

Off the top of my head I thought RJJ/Calzaghe did around 200k.

I think the number of people that showed up for that chat has more to do with the site itself than Floyd, especially if you had to be a paying member to access the chat.

Byrd Man
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.