Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JMM beat Manny twice!?!?!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The Original MrFactor
I saw on the front page where Goldie stated that JMM beat manny twice. I see Mayweather is also stating that stuff in order to justify his impending duck, should he beat JMM. Its gotta make Manny feel pretty good that these guys keep hyping their fight by using his name.

Crazy thing is, JMM was down 4 times in the 2 fights with Manny and I beleive those knockdowns made the difference in each fight. I think JMM has the goods to beat Pacquiao. he just has to stay on his feet for 12 rounds to do it... I think JMM can pull off the upset against Floyd too. If this fight is at 147, its gonna be tough for him though.
STEVENSKI
Pretty typical from a couple of smoke & mirror merchants like DLH & PBF. Fuck em I say. Everyone knows who the real man is & that is what matters.
torvix2000
They could be right. But the important thing is JMM vs PAC weren't vaporware like Cotto vs Floyd or Mosley vs Floyd.
KookedKrack
I'm not a big fan of dlh or floyd but in my opinion i thought jmm beat manny twice also
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ May 20 2009, 02:09 PM) *
I'm not a big fan of dlh or floyd but in my opinion i thought jmm beat manny twice also

I won't argue with anyone who thinks so because both fights were close but I expect nothing less I suppose from a couple of guys who have history of receiving gifts especially the shady promoter. I have not watched the first fight in a while but I think the last time I scored it I had it a draw.

DLH is actually one of the shadiest fighters I have ever seen getting consistant controversial decisions, taking dives & getting jobbed once or twice. DLH is bad news IMO.
D-MARV
I thought JMM won boths fights but they were close. Anyways, those fights don't even matter anymore.
Mean Mister Mustard
Yeah DLH's level of subterfuge and trickery are well developed. Looks like all those years under Bob Arum served him well.
flazi
I thought pac won the first and the 2nd was a draw. either way great fights and neither man was a loser.
BigG
I thought Marquez won the 2nd fight but the first fight I think I had Manny winning by a point.
Lil-lightsout
The good thing about these two fights is everyone actually agrees they were both so close and either guy winning in either fights can be justified.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 20 2009, 03:14 PM) *
The good thing about these two fights is everyone actually agrees they were both so close and either guy winning in either fights can be justified.

Everyone but Floyd and Oscar.
torvix2000
And Floyd should... must... remember that those fights weren't the results of one man... I mean gay... calling one man to go up in weight.
gbh32001
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ May 21 2009, 07:13 AM) *
And Floyd should... must... remember that those fights weren't the results of one man... I mean gay... calling one man to go up in weight.
Me too believed JMM won more rounds than Manny in 24 rounds, the difference is Manny put JMM ass in the canvass four times.
JMM landed more shot than Manny everytime JMM won a round and everytime Manny won a round it's pretty closed except for a jaw dropping knockdown.
Pretty Boy Floyd will run against Manny but in the end he can't hide because money is too huge enough to overcome his fear.
Big Slim Sweet
I had Pac winning the first by 1 and JMM winning the second by 1. But like it's been said they were both fantastic fights in which either man could have had their hands raised in the end. Neither fight could EVER be called a robbery, which seems to be the way DLH and PBF are trying to portray them to hype this fight and distance themselves from the notion that in the end they need Arum and Pacquaio to settle the p4p matter.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 20 2009, 03:09 AM) *
I saw on the front page where Goldie stated that JMM beat manny twice. I see Mayweather is also stating that stuff in order to justify his impending duck, should he beat JMM. Its gotta make Manny feel pretty good that these guys keep hyping their fight by using his name.

Crazy thing is, JMM was down 4 times in the 2 fights with Manny and I beleive those knockdowns made the difference in each fight. I think JMM has the goods to beat Pacquiao. he just has to stay on his feet for 12 rounds to do it... I think JMM can pull off the upset against Floyd too. If this fight is at 147, its gonna be tough for him though.

impending duck?... come on man that fight is gonna be made.. rather he win or lose the fight mayweather right now knows or shall i say think in his mind he can beat manny pac... that fight is gonna be made and its gonna be huge.... and for the record marquez was getting served up by juan diaz before his experience took over no way he is gonna beat pretty boy floyd...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 21 2009, 08:50 PM) *
and marquez was getting served up by juan diaz no way he is gonna beat pretty boy floyd...

Yep... and do not forget that fight was at 135 and this one is at 147! Total mismatch IMO.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 22 2009, 02:03 AM) *
This is a total mismatch. Mayweather won't box to a safe decision like he does with bigger guys like Baldomir and DLH, when he is the bigger man, and isn't as concerned about being hurt, he opens up and takes risks. He will take risks in this fight, he will hurt and stop Marquez.

And even if JMM suddenly becomes a super tough guy, Floyd will still have an option like what he did to Baldomir, et al.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 21 2009, 07:54 PM) *
Yep... and do not forget that fight was at 135 and this one is at 147! Total mismatch IMO.

this is the perfect fight for mayweather to come out look like he did at 130 and completely bust marquez up... he will more than likely win this by bloody k.o... and the fight with pac will be so damn big its not even funny... the fight with pac might be a little more difficult but he will win a comfortable decision agaisnt him i am willing to bet.. after that fight we will find out the truth behind mayweather... meaning what is his true objective in the sport.. money legacy or both cuzz truth is legacy fights will bring the money as well...
neophyte7
May is going to whip Marquez and then whip Pacquiao--- upper cut city all night on Pacquiao
gotime10349
Great fights with Marquez, but it's very difficult to say that Marquez won both. He was on the floor 4 times and Pac was on the floor NO times.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (gotime10349 @ May 29 2009, 03:45 PM) *
Great fights with Marquez, but it's very difficult to say that Marquez won both. He was on the floor 4 times and Pac was on the floor NO times.

Wlad was down 3 times in one fight against Peter, and he won the decision. So what if Pac was not on the canvas in those fights, you got to look at the whole picture, not just who was knocked down. I mean you could say that JMM outboxed Pac most rounds in those fights, so he deserved the decisions. I thought both fights were very close and I had no problem with who got the nod in either one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.