Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why would DLH take a dive against B-Hop?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Douchebag
Not saying it can't be true I just don't see why Oscar would do something like that. He had the name already, so what would he have gained from not trying to go for the win against Nard?
STEVENSKI
To my untrained eye it looked to me that Hopkins carried DLH until he was told now is the time & then he went out & hit DLH to the body & got the KO.

The fact that they became promotional partners .2 of a second after the fight & DLH smiling after the fight cemented my opinion. It is only my opinion though but many share that opinion. DLH is shady as fuck & would make his mum turn tricks to make a buck.
Douchebag
Exactly, its just mindless Oscar hate when people say that. I'm no Oscar fan, either.
Douchebag
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 20 2009, 09:56 AM) *
To my untrained eye it looked to me that Hopkins carried DLH until he was told now is the time & then he went out & hit DLH to the body & got the KO.

The fact that they became promotional partners .2 of a second after the fight & DLH smiling after the fight cemented my opinion. It is only my opinion though but many share that opinion. DLH is shady as fuck & would make his mum turn tricks to make a buck.

But Oscar gained nothing unless he was betting against himself.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The Conscience @ May 20 2009, 01:58 PM) *
But Oscar gained nothing unless he was betting against himself.

He gained a promotional partner who would look after his east coast interests as well as make him money. I dunno I am tired & need sleep but it all just seems shady as all hell. DLH is like a dodgy used car salesman.
thisneverworks
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 20 2009, 10:01 AM) *
He gained a promotional partner who would look after his east coast interests as well as make him money.

...and why would ODLH feel a guy who couldn't promote himself, would excel at promoting others?
torvix2000
QUOTE (thisneverworks @ May 20 2009, 03:47 PM) *
...and why would ODLH feel a guy who couldn't promote himself, would excel at promoting others?

Well, Hopkins could add some "credibility" to GBP.
Mean Mister Mustard
I used to think about this after the fight too. It's possible that DLH knew Hopkins was going to be in his stable of fighters and that he would get a nice boost by being the only men to KO DLH. At the same time, if DLH lost but fought better than expected and held his own, his rep would not be too damaged.

The other possibility is that by round 9 Hopkins was turning the heat and getting stronger while DLH, who had been fighting as best as he could from round 1, could do not better and was fading, decided to take a dive.
thehype
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 20 2009, 11:08 AM) *
I used to think about this after the fight too. It's possible that DLH knew Hopkins was going to be in his stable of fighters and that he would get a nice boost by being the only men to KO DLH. At the same time, if DLH lost but fought better than expected and held his own, his rep would not be too damaged.

That would be my guess.

A choreographed sparring session.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 20 2009, 10:08 AM) *

The other possibility is that by round 9 Hopkins was turning the heat and getting stronger while DLH, who had been fighting as best as he could from round 1, could do not better and was fading, decided to take a dive.

If Oscar took a dive in the fight, this would be the most logical scenario IMO.

Jack
Douchebag
I could see him maybe quitting because he felt he couldn't keep up and wanted to lessen the beating, but having a staged fight and outcome is a bit of a stretch for me. Its not like Nard wouldn't have gone into business with Oscar anyway had lost the fight fare and square.
Method
There was no dive.

Hopkisn had just gotten his promotional license leading up to that bout, so perhaps that end of it came about after wards, but Hopkins wanted DLH for YEARS, for obvious reasons.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Method @ May 20 2009, 02:31 PM) *
There was no dive.

Hopkisn had just gotten his promotional license leading up to that bout, so perhaps that end of it came about after wards, but Hopkins wanted DLH for YEARS, for obvious reasons.

I actually agree, I don't think there was a dive, he just got beat.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Conscience @ May 20 2009, 12:04 PM) *
I could see him maybe quitting because he felt he couldn't keep up and wanted to lessen the beating, but having a staged fight and outcome is a bit of a stretch for me.

Yeah.. I could not see Oscar taking a dive. More like he kind of gave up after that bodyshot.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The Conscience @ May 20 2009, 08:29 AM) *
Not saying it can't be true I just don't see why Oscar would do something like that. He had the name already, so what would he have gained from not trying to go for the win against Nard?

I'm with you man..Oscar did NOT take a dive..He got fucked up..That body shot was so perfect..No one could get up from that..Liver shots can KO the best of fighters easy..To be KO'd with that shot and to have people say you took a dive is insane..DLH was in intense pain and you could see it on his face..
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ May 20 2009, 09:49 AM) *
Well, Hopkins could add some "credibility" to GBP.

Bingo.

Around the time GBP was started, BHop had just fought and won a crusade against maybe the second biggest power broker in boxing @ that time - Don King.

Hell, Hopkins had even been called to testify before Congress concerning the need for the Fed to step in and clean up boxing.

As I understand it, GBP was actually Hopkins' idea...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 20 2009, 09:50 PM) *
I'm with you man..Oscar did NOT take a dive..He got fucked up..That body shot was so perfect..No one could get up from that..Liver shots can KO the best of fighters easy..To be KO'd with that shot and to have people say you took a dive is insane..DLH was in intense pain and you could see it on his face..

Man c'mon Jon! He took a dive, Hopkins carried him hit him with a good shot but it was all pre arranged & nothing will ever change my opinion of that. I was once a fan of DLH but not after that.

His pitiful thumping of the canvas combined smiling during the interview afterwards sickened me & many others.
BigG
DLH was seriously hurt by that body shot....it was a legit KO.
STEVENSKI
What are yall doin? Drinking DLH nutsack flavour Kool Aid?

C'mon he took a blatant dive & teh reason he smiles is because he is mentally counting the sucker money he has made from the fight.
Brad
Oscar also purposely lost his fights to Sugar Shane because he could foresee that they would be business partners too one day down the track, and he came into the Felix Sturm fight in terrible shape because he wanted Sturm to win and be the Golden Boy rep over in Germany. LMAO

Cool imaginations.......
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Brad @ May 21 2009, 09:14 AM) *
Oscar also purposely lost his fights to Sugar Shane because he could foresee that they would be business partners too one day down the track, and he came into the Felix Sturm fight in terrible shape because he wanted Sturm to win and be the Golden Boy rep over in Germany. LMAO

Cool imaginations.......

No he lost to Shane because Shane is a much better fighter than DLH ever was & he showed up for Sturm knowing that he only had to last the distance to get the nod & the Hopkins fight was set.
MarzB
It was definitely a legimate punch. I've seen it a thousand times in the gym.

DLH stood no benefit in brining on Hopkins as a partner to Golden Boy because quite frankly I seriously doubt that BHop is in the warroom with the Golden Boy brass when they're negotiating or dicussing fights. Hopkins "Golden Boy East" has put on whopping "ONE" card in the nearly 5 years he's been associated with Golden Boy. I recently read an interview that he's choosing the right fighters which is why he's working slow. Ok, yeah right, thats it.

If anything he's been the primary beneficiary of the relationship with Golden Boy using it as a photo op (must he be in EVERY weigh-in stardown frame shot?) or springboard for his fights.
Big Slim Sweet
I have always believed and always will that the fight was - as Hype put it - a choreographed sparring session. Hopkins carried Oscar and the KO was prearranged.

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 20 2009, 06:33 PM) *
His pitiful thumping of the canvas combined smiling during the interview afterwards sickened me & many others.

EXACTLY.

"Believe me Larry, I tried to get up."

Yeah right. Fuck you.

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 20 2009, 10:08 AM) *

I think this is a pretty good theory as to what Oscar had to gain. I also think he wanted to be known as a warrior courageous enough to challenge a bigger, better man. Oscar was taking a lot of heat back in those days for his recent choice of opponents, namely fighting Vargas and the Mosley rematch only after they were coming off high-profile losses. He wanted to shock the boxing world and be the man to step up and challenge Hopkins. But he didn't want the brutal ass-whipping a real battle with Hopkins would have assuredly brought him.

I think no matter what anyone thinks of the KO - and perhaps the legitimacy of that is debatable - I don't think it can be debated that Hopkins CLEARLY carried Oscar early to help him look good, or that at least the seeds of their business relationship hadn't already been planted.

Method
It was definitely a legimate punch. I've seen it a thousand times in the gym.

DLH stood no benefit in brining on Hopkins as a partner to Golden Boy because quite frankly I seriously doubt that BHop is in the warroom with the Golden Boy brass when they're negotiating or dicussing fights. Hopkins "Golden Boy East" has put on whopping "ONE" card in the nearly 5 years he's been associated with Golden Boy. I recently read an interview that he's choosing the right fighters which is why he's working slow. Ok, yeah right, thats it.

If anything he's been the primary beneficiary of the relationship with Golden Boy using it as a photo op (must he be in EVERY weigh-in stardown frame shot?) or springboard for his fights.

Thank you.

I don't think it can be debated that Hopkins CLEARLY carried Oscar early to help him look good, or that at least the seeds of their business relationship hadn't already been planted.

How you can state this with such assertion is beyond me.
MarzB
I haven't seen the fight in about a year but theres NO WAY that fight was an overglorified sparring session.

That fight is an excellent fight to watch little nuances that Hopkins did to nullify Dela Hoya's game plan. Lets go back shall we.

The game plan from Sr & DLH along with any educated boxing observer was that the only way DLH could beat Hopkins was outpoint him. The only way he could do that was out flurry him. The only problem with that game plan was/is that Hopkins is a much better boxer than DLH.

Theres one move in the middle of the fight where Hopkins did an old Archie Moore, turn away like you're going the opposite direction and then clock your unsuspecting oppoonent that was brilliant.

The early rounds were just to figure out DLH's timing and once he did that you say a clear shift of DLH running out of options as he knew he wasn't going to DARE trade with Hopkins.

When DLH got hit with that hook shot, he was in retreat mode and what generally knocks you out is what you don't account for and that was the last shot he was expecting.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Method @ May 21 2009, 12:21 PM) *
How you can state this with such assertion is beyond me.

It's just my opinion I know. There's no proof of anything. It just seemed like too many coincidences to not add up to something.

I remember talking with John Herndon, "Enigma 1969", a guy I know you know and respect, about the Hopkins-DLH fight before it happened, and telling him I had a suspicion Hop was going to go easy on him. John remembered me saying that afterwards too. And that was before they became business partners. The whole deal just always seemed fishy to me. Oscar spent his whole career having all the advantages. It didn't add up to me that he would step up and challenge Hopkins for the title when he didn't have to. Not right after Hop rearranged Joppy's face like that.

Hey, I know that's only my gut. Nothing scientific for a court of law or anything. But I believe Oscar HAD to have known he stood no chance in that fight. So why would he take a fight he knew (IMO anyway) he couldn't win?

Meth, you don't feel that Hopkins carried Oscar just a little in that fight? You don't think he could have put it on him a lot worse had he wanted to?

You don't find it just the least bit suspicious that they became partners a few weeks later?

I try not to be a conspiracy theorist, but this is one I truly believe.
Mean Mister Mustard
And this shouldn't really hurt Hopkins's legacy since the whole point is that he carried DLH, meaning he could have busted him up any way he wanted to.
Thegreatequalizer
oscar steps up to fight sturm and gets his ass handed to him but gets the gift decision. realizes that he doesn't have a chance against bernard, but can't back out because there's too much money in it already. he asks bernard not to do too much damage to his face and to take him out with a body shot, thus oscar looks good by standing in there with b-hop, and b-hop looks good landing a msterful body shot. they both make millions off the ppv. and they give b-hop a piece of the promotional company.

if you don't think this is a possibility and that odlh isn't that sleazy, then you're probably right. shady shit never happens in boxing.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (MarzB @ May 21 2009, 01:34 PM) *
The game plan from Sr & DLH along with any educated boxing observer was that the only way DLH could beat Hopkins was outpoint him. The only way he could do that was out flurry him. The only problem with that game plan was/is that Hopkins is a much better boxer than DLH.

Theres one move in the middle of the fight where Hopkins did an old Archie Moore, turn away like you're going the opposite direction and then clock your unsuspecting oppoonent that was brilliant.

The early rounds were just to figure out DLH's timing and once he did that you saw a clear shift of DLH running out of options as he knew he wasn't going to DARE trade with Hopkins.

When DLH got hit with that hook shot, he was in retreat mode and what generally knocks you out is what you don't account for and that was the last shot he was expecting.

Yep, that's about how I saw it...
Method
QUOTE (MarzB @ May 21 2009, 02:34 PM) *
I haven't seen the fight in about a year but theres NO WAY that fight was an overglorified sparring session.

That fight is an excellent fight to watch little nuances that Hopkins did to nullify Dela Hoya's game plan. Lets go back shall we.

The early rounds were just to figure out DLH's timing and once he did that you say a clear shift of DLH running out of options as he knew he wasn't going to DARE trade with Hopkins.

Again. THANK YOU.
Big Slim Sweet
What the fuck does Hopkins doing an old Archie Moore move have to do with whether or not there was an agreement in place between the fighters prior to the fight? Besides nothing I mean.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Thegreatequalizer @ May 21 2009, 07:11 PM) *
oscar steps up to fight sturm and gets his ass handed to him but gets the gift decision. realizes that he doesn't have a chance against bernard, but can't back out because there's too much money in it already. he asks bernard not to do too much damage to his face and to take him out with a body shot, thus oscar looks good by standing in there with b-hop, and b-hop looks good landing a msterful body shot. they both make millions off the ppv. and they give b-hop a piece of the promotional company.

if you don't think this is a possibility and that odlh isn't that sleazy, then you're probably right. shady shit never happens in boxing.

Exactly. I see with 20/20 vision & what I saw was a fighter carefully carried & carefully dropped. After what Hopkins did to Joppy he barely marked up DLH's face in 8 rounds? I call total BS & I for one will say the fix was in.

I expect nothing more from Method who is a unapologetic Hopkins jocker. He does not want the image of Hopkins he built up to be shattered by realising he is as shady as the judges were who "robbed" him in the Taylor & Calzaghe fights.
Method
Stay objective, holmes. Joppy went 12 w Hopkins. You didnt start seeing him lumped up until the last few rounds...and that's basically the direction DLH was headed. unfortunately, he got liver'ed before just as he was about to cross over into deep water.

Hopkins started that fight w DLH the way he starts them all - slow, getting down the timing, etc. I mean, WTF would have proven the fight WASNT fixed - If Hopkins came out and STEAMROLLED Oscar in one round?

Ski, if you can point out anywhere in this or any other thread where I am subjectively jocking blindly, unapologetically, as you claim, by all means, do so. There's nothing I debate in here, whether it be on Hopkins or ANYTHING esle, that doesnt have some shred of logic as a basis for it, regardless of how sarcastic or smart ass the overtones may be.

Im sorry, there is just no fucking way Hopkins carried DLH. No fucking way.
rusty_trombone
I'm with Meth here, DLH wasn't carried, he just got his ass kicked because Hopkins was bigger and better. As far as Steve's assertion about Joppy, we all know different fighters fight each other differently and better. DLH was a better fighter than Joppy, with much better defense and just didn't get hit as much. It's just a bad comparison.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Method @ May 21 2009, 11:32 PM) *
Ski, if you can point out anywhere in this or any other thread where I am subjectively jocking blindly, unapologetically, as you claim, by all means, do so. There's nothing I debate in here, whether it be on Hopkins or ANYTHING esle, that doesnt have some shred of logic as a basis for it, regardless of how sarcastic or smart ass the overtones may be.

I am just pullin your chain you are a massive Hopkins fan & in your eyes he can do no wrong. There is nothing wrong with having that opinion.

My opinion & it is only my opinion is that Hopkins carried DLH for a prearranged time before dropping him with a good shot.
JLUVBABY
no way oscar took a dive.. he is a very proud fighter.. i talk a lot of smack on the guy but i would bet my last that he wouldnt have taken a dive in any fight... actually he was giving hopkins a good fight, a much closer fight than i thought it was gonna be at the time of that body shot... no way oscar layed it down... matter of fact i forget how close i had that fight but it could have been close to an even fight with a slight edge to hopkins.. but i say that to say oscar was in the fight...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 22 2009, 01:02 AM) *
matter of fact i forget how close i had that fight but it could have been close to an even fight with a slight edge to hopkins.. but i say that to say oscar was in the fight...

That is what makes it even more suspect.
Method
he can do no wrong

Bro, he can do wrong. I wrote in detail a few weeks ago how I think he made a huge career mistake by playing that "one more and I'm done" retirement promise (read: threat), and I also wrote numerous times how that "Promise to his mother" was bullshit and AGAIN, a career blunder.

Look, you obviously are entitled to your opinion.

Can I say, unequivocally, without a doubt I know Oscar didnt dive? No. But I dont think he did anymore than do I think Hopkins carried him. Oscar didnt/doesnt need Hopkins for GBP.

These are some facts that I DO know. Hopkins had been chasing the fuck out of a fight w DLH for years. I do know that. I also know that Hopkins was Starting EX Promotions around the time of the Joppy fight. At least he was getting his promoter's license and I guess that was the entity he was going to apply under.

As for the timing of everything, I do also know that Hopkins and DLH talked at fights down here in Miami literally for a couple years leading up to their actual fight...so it wouldnt surprise me in the least if a business collabo may have been discussed (as MArz said though, it's not like Bernard is lighting it up on the promtional front back east).

As for their actual fight, That fight was quickly becoming an ass whooping in the final rounds, as Jim Lampley stated, "Hopkins is becoming frighteningly accurate w that right hand".

I dunno. Winky Wright dominates Trinidad and they become promotional partners...but that's all good?

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 21 2009, 08:05 PM) *
That is what makes it even more suspect.

how does the fight being close make the ending suspect?.. bernard landed the perfect liver shot.... when i was a kid in tae kwon do i got hit or kicked i forget i the liver and it knocks the fight right out of you.. your brain says lets go but your body just says hell no... its a legit knockoutblow.. i thought i was gonan die i couldnt breathe at all and it felt almost like what i would imagine being somewhat paralyzed... a shot like that takes you out the fight.. it dont last long but its long enough for a fighter to be counted out... strange thing is once its over there is no (well i had no) pain...
Method
And the fight wasn't close. Two of three judges had Hopkins up comfortable at the time of the stoppage. One other fucking retard of a judge has Oscar up. The fight wasn't close. Hopkins parried away all of Oscar's shoe shine attempts, and landed all of the meaningful shots. It was on its way to being a stoppage one way r the other...THAT or a joppyesque type of beat down.
Romulus9
Micky Ward vs. Enrique Sanchez.

Look that one up.
MarzB
QUOTE (Big Slim @ May 21 2009, 04:42 PM) *
What the fuck does Hopkins doing an old Archie Moore move have to do with whether or not there was an agreement in place between the fighters prior to the fight? Besides nothing I mean.

Of all the things I said thats what you keen in on? You're kidding me right? Atleast "I" brought to the table something that ACTUALLY occurred within the fight. In case you don't know, that move along with other nuances I described about the actual fight is very hard to execute (no pun intended) especially if it were "fixed" or Dela Hoya said, "ah, I'm sitting this one out".

Don't you think if he planned on "sitting this one out" he could have picked a better shot to go down with from a visual perspective??

If it was a glorified sparring session, show me. Remark that "at 2:20 mark in round ___ Hopkins clearly pulled a punch that he normally lands". Show me atleast where there was some clinching involved where a'la Jesse Ferguson and Ray Mercer, the "Golden Boy" is whispering in Hop's ear, "I'll let you in on GBP, take it easy on me",lol.

Another thing, generally speaking fighters who are planning on turning it in generally don't come in noticebly better condition than they're previous outing. I recall there being a graphic in the fight showing DLH's condition from the Sturm fight in comparison to this one.

As stated by others, "WHAT THE HELL DOES/DID OSCAR/GBP stand to gain adding Bernard as a partner".

His stable of boxers??
His vast contacts of venues on the eastern seaboard?
His economic resources?
His ability to promote?

So if you believe all of that then did he offer Mosley the same agreement when negotiations stalled for their 3rd fight??

If you or others are going to allege something, come with some concrete proof whether from the fight or some evidence of alleged', "take it light on me Bernado okay?? I'll cut you in on GBP man?? We'll be bigger than Arum and King" conversation. Otherwise you can chalk this up with Loch Ness and BigFoot.
Method
Of all the things I said thats what you keen in on? You're kidding me right?

LOL. Exactyl what I was thinking when I read his post.
The CEO
I hate these "did DLH take a dive?" topics because so many Boxing fans are unable or refuse to see how much a fake ass, shrewd, son of a bitch, BITCH Oscar is....

It's obvious he's all about the almighty dollar....he stopped giving a fuck about his legacy and the fans ever since the Trinidad loss...and I can personally see him stooping to the lowest of lows to secure any type of large, future, financial gain...

I'm sorry a lot of you guys can't.
JLUVBABY
oscar didnt take a dive in that or any other fight... some judges may have been persuaded i would believe that but but an all out dive... naw...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Method @ May 21 2009, 10:01 PM) *
And the fight wasn't close. Two of three judges had Hopkins up comfortable at the time of the stoppage. One other fucking retard of a judge has Oscar up. The fight wasn't close. Hopkins parried away all of Oscar's shoe shine attempts, and landed all of the meaningful shots. It was on its way to being a stoppage one way r the other...THAT or a joppyesque type of beat down.

yeah the fight was close... just because judges have a fight scored a certain way doesnt actually make it so... oscar wasnt an easy fight for hopkins... hoya as much as i dont like the guy was in the fight... he wasnt winning the fight but he was competitive.. it wasnt a blowout...
Method
fake ass, shrewd, son of a bitch, BITCH Oscar is....
As far as his persona outside the ring, I see it as well as anyone.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Method @ May 21 2009, 08:14 PM) *
Can I say, unequivocally, without a doubt I know Oscar didnt dive? No. But I dont think he did anymore than do I think Hopkins carried him. Oscar didnt/doesnt need Hopkins for GBP.

I'm not really sure about the dive. The punch didn't look like most one-punch bodyshot KO's to me but I understand that sure, maybe he really did catch him with a perfect liver shot.

I do completely believe however that Hopkins carried Oscar in the fight to make him appear more competitive. Of course Oscar didn't need Hopkins for GBP. But I'm saying he needed him because he wanted to look ballsy enough to come up in weight and challenge him like that. Oscar was getting heat for his opponents back then with respect to the timing of when he fought them. Vargas after Tito, Shane after Vernon, etc. He wanted to say to his critics, "OK, I'm challenging the baddest of them all, right when he's fighting his best. And I'm going to go up in weight to do it."

Hopkins becoming partner was what HE got out of the deal.

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 21 2009, 08:48 PM) *
how does the fight being close make the ending suspect?

The fight being close doesn't make the ending suspect, it makes the notion that Hops wasn't carrying him suspect. I didn't think the fight was all that close either, just that Hopkins was allowing DLH to appear somewhat competitive in defeat.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (MarzB @ May 22 2009, 06:45 AM) *
Of all the things I said thats what you keen in on? You're kidding me right? Atleast "I" brought to the table something that ACTUALLY occurred within the fight. In case you don't know, that move along with other nuances I described about the actual fight is very hard to execute (no pun intended) especially if it were "fixed" or Dela Hoya said, "ah, I'm sitting this one out".

Don't you think if he planned on "sitting this one out" he could have picked a better shot to go down with from a visual perspective??

If it was a glorified sparring session, show me. Remark that "at 2:20 mark in round ___ Hopkins clearly pulled a punch that he normally lands". Show me atleast where there was some clinching involved where a'la Jesse Ferguson and Ray Mercer, the "Golden Boy" is whispering in Hop's ear, "I'll let you in on GBP, take it easy on me",lol.

Another thing, generally speaking fighters who are planning on turning it in generally don't come in noticebly better condition than they're previous outing. I recall there being a graphic in the fight showing DLH's condition from the Sturm fight in comparison to this one.

As stated by others, "WHAT THE HELL DOES/DID OSCAR/GBP stand to gain adding Bernard as a partner".

His stable of boxers??
His vast contacts of venues on the eastern seaboard?
His economic resources?
His ability to promote?

So if you believe all of that then did he offer Mosley the same agreement when negotiations stalled for their 3rd fight??

If you or others are going to allege something, come with some concrete proof whether from the fight or some evidence of alleged', "take it light on me Bernado okay?? I'll cut you in on GBP man?? We'll be bigger than Arum and King" conversation. Otherwise you can chalk this up with Loch Ness and BigFoot.

First off, I've said right from the start I'm not offering any concrete proof. And I don't have to, since I'm not trying to prove any of this in a court of law. I'm just stating my opinion, which is not some wild myth I've created since judging from the comments there are plenty of others here who share this suspicion with me. I've offered my take on why I think things went down the way they did. I didn't say you or anyone else had to agree with me.

rusty_trombone
QUOTE (MarzB @ May 22 2009, 07:45 AM) *

Yeah, I have no idea why he chose Bernard as a business partner, seems like a shitty pick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.