Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kenny Vs Mayweather
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
D-MARV
LMAO
King Eugene
um um um...SMH Man its hard being a Mayweather fan!
Snoop
Goddamit. I respect Floyd's skill, even consider myself a fan, but outside the ring he is a serious dumbass.
King Eugene
QUOTE (snoopnick @ May 20 2009, 09:27 PM) *
Goddamit. I respect Floyd's skill, even consider myself a fan, but outside the ring he is a serious dumbass.

Serious...I wonder do he ever go back and watch some of his interviews.
Lil-lightsout
Damn...that was crazy!!! I can not wait to hear opinions off of this interview.
Snoop
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 21 2009, 02:34 AM) *
Damn...that was crazy!!! I can not wait to hear opinions off of this interview.

My opinion is that Floyd does not understand the concept of "logic".
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (snoopnick @ May 20 2009, 09:37 PM) *
My opinion is that Floyd does not understand the concept of "logic".

Yeah... he is waaaay out there. Seriously, how can you root for this guy after hearing that?
Snoop
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 21 2009, 02:39 AM) *
Yeah... he is waaaay out there. Seriously, how can you root for this guy after hearing that?

Having a stronger hate for Pacquiao fans is how I plan on doing it.
Snoop
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 21 2009, 02:31 AM) *
Serious...I wonder do he ever go back and watch some of his interviews.

Shit I bet to him, he makes sense and the rest of the world is crazy.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (snoopnick @ May 20 2009, 09:40 PM) *
Having a stronger hate for Pacquiao fans is how I plan on doing it.

laugh.gif
kingknockout
take it home floyd, im right there with you, forget the jealousy
thehype
LOL. I actually think Floyd has some valid points, but he just doesn't do a good job of expressing them. I understand where his frustrations come from when people talk about Manny Pacquiao's greatness based off of his wins over Hatton and De La Hoya. If I'm Mayweather and I'm as good as I think I am, I'd be a little irritated too. I think that irritation comes out when he tries to express points that are actually valid...like the double standard in comparing their opponents. That is some funny shit though.
King Eugene
QUOTE (thehype @ May 20 2009, 10:15 PM) *
LOL. I actually think Floyd has some valid points, but he just doesn't do a good job of expressing them. I understand where his frustrations come from when people talk about Manny Pacquiao's greatness based off of his wins over Hatton and De La Hoya. If I'm Mayweather and I'm as good as I think I am, I'd be a little irritated too. I think that irritation comes out when he tries to express points that are actually valid...like the double standard in comparing their opponents. That is some funny shit though.

But the constant studdering is whats the funniest. He thinks faster than he can talk lol.
STEVENSKI
I can't wait to see this when I get home.
kingknockout
mayweather: me and oscar are both in our 30's/ when we both met up and fight, and i beat him, they say he's over the hill, but when Pacquiao fights him and beats him, they say aw this is the greatest thing i've ever seen.

so then when i fight hatton, they say im too big for hatton, marquez and pacqiuo can fight and its no problem, they say im too big for marquez but im not too big for Pacquiao, which one is it?
The CEO
laugh.gif

Sweet one on one there...I like how Kenny is always prepared and goes after Floyd...and even though they don't like each other...you can tell there's some mutual respect there....that's cool.

as FOR Floyd....well....he's a natural Hate Magnet....IF he ever loses, it will be a glorious day for millions upon millions of people around the world...lol
Spyder
The only person I honestly feel could beat Floyd is Shane Mosley.

"Naw naw naw naw...let me ax you sum questions!"
The CEO
gbh32001
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 21 2009, 12:16 PM) *
thumbsup_anim.gif Manny Money Manny Money
Romulus9
"We all know who's the face of boxin'."

Yes, Floyd, we do... and it's not you.

It hasn't ever been you.

It's not going to be you.

Wait until you get a look at the pay-per-view numbers for the Marquez fight.

The face of boxing doesn't do that.

Deal with it.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 21 2009, 12:33 AM) *
Is this the same interview from a few years ago, or has Kenny owned Mayweather two times? I'm at work, so haven't watched it, but I know Kenny owned him before, just wondering if this is a second time.

Totally new ownage.

Someone has got to shut Mayweather up. Please, someone, anyone. Mosley, Pacquiao, Marquez, Klitschko, Arreola, Roy Jones, Andre Berto, Gamboa, Anderson Silva, Brock Lesnar, Frank Mir, Georges St. Pierre, Jack Bauer, whoever. Just shut him up.
JonnyBlaze
It's fucked up how Mayweather is saying the exact same stuff I was saying about him..He thinks that even though he is retired,he should always be P4P best even if he was gone from the boxing..

This shit was so ridiculous..Floyd has no respect for anyone..Kenny is the man for gettin at him..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ May 20 2009, 11:57 PM) *
Totally new ownage.

Someone has got to shut Mayweather up. Please, someone, anyone. Mosley, Pacquiao, Marquez, Klitschko, Arreola, Roy Jones, Andre Berto, Gamboa, Anderson Silva, Brock Lesnar, Frank Mir, Georges St. Pierre, Jack Bauer, whoever. Just shut him up.

Arreola would lose a UD to Floyd and so would all the other MMA guys you named..We need someone with skills to beat Mayweather..The only guys who have a chance to shut Mayweather up that you named is Mosley and Pac-man..
Romulus9
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 21 2009, 01:21 AM) *
Arreola would lose a UD to Floyd and so would all the other MMA guys you named..We need someone with skills to beat Mayweather..The only guys who have a chance to shut Mayweather up that you named is Mosley and Pac-man..

For God's sake, you do realize that I was being facetious, right?

I don't even care who it is anymore. Someone just destroy him, and so it eats at him for the rest of his life, refuse to give him a rematch.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ May 21 2009, 12:24 AM) *
For God's sake, you do realize that I was being facetious, right?

I don't even care who it is anymore. Someone just destroy him, and so it eats at him for the rest of his life, refuse to give him a rematch.

I know you were messing around but I had to get ya once ya threw Arreola's name in the mix..
King Eugene
What makes this whole situation funny is everyone hates this dude but maybe 2 if any has a legitimate shot at beating this dude. So its like the school yard bully talking shit all day but aint shit you can do about it but hope somebody else comes a long and do it for you. LOL

Almost like Trinidad fans to BHop. This shit is hilarious.
King Eugene
Found another...
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=4180607
kidbazooka1
Like someone already mentioned I could see the pints Floyd was trying to make he just doesn't know how to bring them across.

Also despite Kenny owneing Floyd in that interview i agree with a lot of the thing Floyd said and unlike most here i don't think Shane would pose a big problem for Floyd. Shane has been outboxed several times already and Floyd would take an easy UD.
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 21 2009, 08:13 AM) *
Wow, Kenny really has his number, that's 2 times he has embarrassed him. He got hit hard.

The only valid point he had was that DLH was drained at 147, he did fight a better DLH but other than that, he got exposed. He went on about how Pacquiao lost to Morales, and "who is Mosley? The guy with 5 losses?", though he never mentioned how Marquez has 4 losses. He then went on about how Margarito, Mosley and Cotto all beat each other, but none of them have beaten him, but doesn't mention he fought none of them.
I don't think he had many valid points at all.

Agreed. The only point he had was he fought a more competitive DLH and maybe that Hatton wasn't the same after Mayweather handing him his first loss. Everything else was plain fucking ridiculous. It's like to him the only contenders worth fighting is if they're undefeated, which leaves no one, at least nobody worth mentioning. And whenever any of the numerous contradictions in logic are brought up, he just says, "Brian Kenny never boxed before."
Snoop
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 21 2009, 08:53 AM) *
Like someone already mentioned I could see the pints Floyd was trying to make he just doesn't know how to bring them across.

Also despite Kenny owneing Floyd in that interview i agree with a lot of the thing Floyd said and unlike most here i don't think Shane would pose a big problem for Floyd. Shane has been outboxed several times already and Floyd would take an easy UD.

That may be so but I still think Mosley poses a bigger challenge than Marquez. Also, if Floyd feels that way, he needs to explain it better than "Shane's got 5 losses".
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (snoopnick @ May 21 2009, 04:23 AM) *
That may be so but I still think Mosley poses a bigger challenge than Marquez. Also, if Floyd feels that way, he needs to explain it better than "Shane's got 5 losses".

Thats his problem though he doesn't know how to bring his points across.

F*ck it with all that money Floyd should hire his own personal speaker so he can stop makeing an ass out if himself.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 21 2009, 03:53 AM) *

I can guarantee you one thing, NO freaking way does Floyd "take an easy UD over Shane". So I sure hope you think PBF is giong to rape JMM then? Boggles my mind why people think this. Watching Floyd against Oscar shows me Floyd is far from unbeatable. Shit... Floyd could not even keep Hatton off him! Winky and Forrest were big guys, and look what Winky(who fights nothing like Floyd) was doing to guys at that time as a southpaw too. Vernon was undefeated who was pretty fast and had some serious pop to his punches. Mayweather has no real power to keep Mosley off him, and Mosley is just as fast as Mayweather and will make him fight and open up. Love how people wrote off Shane against AM too, and Shane totally destroyed him, when Shane was SUPPOSED to take the beating of his life. I know diff styles, but regardless no way does Floyd beat him easy.

Shit is frustrating... Floyd has zero interest in fighting Shane has he clearly states in this interview. He is just looking for the money and easiest fights against smaller men for him. And those are in his own words.

What I hope happens is that Mosley and the winner of Clottey-Cotto fight start calling his ass out constantly and ridiculing him in an attempt to get a fight with him. I also hope Manny never fights him too. I hate to admit it, but he is now on the same level as Calzaghe was for me wanting to see him get brutally KO'd.

Whether you are a fan or not of him, you have got to admit he was pretty classless in that interview. He thinks he is above people and was disrespectful to Kenny many times for asking him freaking boxing questions. He acts as if he is owed something the way he was talking. I actually feel sorry for him on many sides of that conversation. Especially the money aspect telling Kenny he makes more money that him and that kind of shit. WTF? I could have sworn the only reason he is fighting is because of his money issues, it sure ain't out of the love for the sport. Someone needs to tell Floyd there are more important things in life than money.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (snoopnick @ May 21 2009, 04:23 AM) *
That may be so but I still think Mosley poses a bigger challenge than Marquez.

Hell yes he does!!! He hits way harder. He is faster. He is bigger. He has been hit by much bigger guys.
JaRaNDa
WOW! I don't know where to start!! The amount of times he contradicted himself in that interview was something stupid!!
Only smart thing he brought up was De La Hoya being a 'deadman' against Pac and how Hatton had no game plan, the rest of the stuff was shocking!

I get the impression that Gayweather has come to the conclusion himself he is a pussy and using this new buisness man mentality is also a pussy way of admitting it himself..with out quite saying I'm a pussy!

Why would a professional athlete admit, say to the camera and want that kind of a persona and reputation anyways?? so unprofessional and is an easy way of saying "ALRIGHT!! I'm a coward!..just leave me alone already...'
Mayweather is now hiding beind the "$$" as an excuse to why his a ducking coward and looks 20 times more of a fucking dumb cunt than he already did!!

Mosley-Cotto-Margarito-Williams have all fought and beat eachother and this chic has the nerves to say none of them have beat him...how is that physically possible if you have not fought them!!!!

I'm with both these posts!!

QUOTE (snoopnick @ May 21 2009, 09:21 AM) *
Agreed. The only point he had was he fought a more competitive DLH and maybe that Hatton wasn't the same after Mayweather handing him his first loss. Everything else was plain fucking ridiculous. It's like to him the only contenders worth fighting is if they're undefeated, which leaves no one, at least nobody worth mentioning. And whenever any of the numerous contradictions in logic are brought up, he just says, "Brian Kenny never boxed before."

QUOTE (Fitz @ May 21 2009, 09:55 AM) *
But I'm not talking about in hindsight, even before hand I think people would agree that Mosley would pose a bigger problem than Marquez and Hatton. He says one thing but contradicts himself on the type of fights he takes.

Also I will be the first to admit that I don't like Floyd, and I am not saying this just because I hate him, but I really do think it's true. I have never seen a grown man in the sport that acts so childish. The way he talks, the things he says. It's really child like stuff, and as confident as he tries to come across, deep down inside he is nothing more than a scared and insecure little man. Not saying he is a full on pussy, but I see some fear in him, and it's more fear about not being loved, probably has something to do with his bad relationship with his father, a very lonely and insecure man. It's why he constantly brings up how he is undefeated. Being undefeated is great, but it isn't everything. I don't think he is scared of being hurt, I just think he is afraid of losing and what it will do to him, it will really take something out of him. It's why he talks constantly about money, it's an insecurity. Real confident men with money don't brag, people automatically know. He talks a big game, but all he is seeking is appraisal.
JaRaNDa
I'll also go on record and say I think Mayweather would beat Pac! Funny thing is many are making Pac out to be some type of boxing god who all of a sudden is some sort of new smart, ellusive boxing wizard now with wins over DLH/Hatton which looks great, yes. But reality is Pac has still not been hit or evan tested above 135 yet! I think Mayweather beats him quite easily which will give Mayweather more bragging rights than he really should be getting...which unfortunitly will evantually happen!!

As much as Mosley is a favourite of mine, I think many may be putting too much emphasis on the Margs fight! That was a career defining fight that should'nt and won't be topped by the Sugar one again! I think Mosley may have some moments in the fight here and there..but nothing more!

Cotto has a better chance (if he aint totally fucked after Margs!) and Williams after those I think Mayweather's '0' may be safe for a while unfortunitly which is what is important to gaweather!!
D-MARV
1 interview, 4 pages in 8 hours....

I would say that Floyd IS a draw. Thank you guys for proving my point. laugh.gif
Method
I hate that motherfucker.
Spyder
About his p4p claim...

He hasn't fought yet, so he has no claim to that title...but after he destroys Marquez...I'll consider him the best in the world.

One thing is for sure, whether he admits it or not, next to his love of money...his next love is attention. If someone mentions Pacquiao in every interview he does...or challenges his claim as the best fighter in the world with Manny's accomplishments...he WILL take a pay cut to prove it.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 21 2009, 06:23 AM) *

I would say that Floyd IS a draw. Thank you guys for proving my point. laugh.gif

Yeah... at fighthype. Did you check the other thread at boxingtalk how he drew? Regardless, lets see how he draws come July 18 with the GENERAL PUBLIC. Cause that is the number that really matters or you are getting at,right?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 21 2009, 07:21 AM) *
About his p4p claim...

He hasn't fought yet, so he has no claim to that title...but after he destroys Marquez...I'll consider him the best in the world.

You know what...no way he gets it from me cause he destroys a guy 2 divisions below him. He needs to beat top welterweight. So maybe Dawson should line up a fight with Abraham? Maybe Bute could call out Forrest?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 21 2009, 10:23 AM) *

Well lets first see what #'s he does vs JMM. We will have to of course subtract 50% of those #'s because as the "great one" himself said JMM is the pride of Mexico & the whole country will be supporting him.
Spyder
Of course he does...if Floyd is as good now as he was before he retired, then he is the best fighter on the planet.

I like Manny, but I don't choose my p4p champ based off of who I like.
KookedKrack
these two are great

brian: floyd how can you be p4p still if you retired rolleyes_anim.gif

floyd: I'm spreaking to brian kenny man of many traits master of none threaten.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 21 2009, 08:27 AM) *
Yeah... at fighthype. Did you check the other thread at boxingtalk how he drew? Regardless, lets see how he draws come July 18 with the GENERAL PUBLIC. Cause that is the number that really matters or you are getting at,right?

What is boxingtalk?
MarzB
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 21 2009, 02:53 AM) *

Agreed. I love the fact how so many people hate him and wish he gets beaten,lol. Its hysterical to me.

I saw contradictions but no different than ANY other fighter out there save for Pacquiao who is a very BORING interview. The interview was definitely interesting thats for sure.

I don't see how Brian Kenny owned Mayweather the first time considering Brian's main point was he was fighting Judah who lost to Baldomir who Floyd later fought that year that most of the Mayweather haters here tend to dismiss.

He was wrong about why he's coming back. Just admit you didn't pay the taxes and this is the easiest way to put money back into the kitty.

The point about Marquez being smaller I think is pretty dumb. But some wont be satisfied to Floyd faces Jermain Taylor or David Haye for that matter,lol.

One more thing, to those saying "Kenny owned him" how did Kenny owned him in saying "he should fight Pacquiao" when Pacquiao was already booked for a fight?? How realistically could that fight have been made??

Also, isn't it sorta "wrong" to speak about fights when the business at hand hasn't been taken care of yet??
Snoop
QUOTE (MarzB @ May 21 2009, 03:43 PM) *
Agreed. I love the fact how so many people hate him and wish he gets beaten,lol. Its hysterical to me.

I saw contradictions but no different than ANY other fighter out there save for Pacquiao who is a very BORING interview. The interview was definitely interesting thats for sure.

I don't see how Brian Kenny owned Mayweather the first time considering Brian's main point was he was fighting Judah who lost to Baldomir who Floyd later fought that year that most of the Mayweather haters here tend to dismiss.

He was wrong about why he's coming back. Just admit you didn't pay the taxes and this is the easiest way to put money back into the kitty.

The point about Marquez being smaller I think is pretty dumb. But some wont be satisfied to Floyd faces Jermain Taylor or David Haye for that matter,lol.

One more thing, to those saying "Kenny owned him" how did Kenny owned him in saying "he should fight Pacquiao" when Pacquiao was already booked for a fight?? How realistically could that fight have been made??

Also, isn't it sorta "wrong" to speak about fights when the business at hand hasn't been taken care of yet??

It was interesting because Floyd came off as annoying and a dumbass. Kenny owned him because he made him say stupid things like "I won't fight Mosley because he has 5 losses on his record" or "Who is Cotto? Who is Margarito? Who is Mosley? They all beat each other so they're not worth fighting." WTF does them beating each other have anything to do with Floyd fighting them? To his logic, only undefeated fighters are worth fighting, despite the fact that Marquez has 4 losses. You tell me, from 147-154, an undefeated fighter you'd rather see Floyd fight instead of Pacquiao, Mosley, Cotto, or Margarito. Hell, even Paul Williams has a loss on his record. And I consider myself a Floyd fan. I always root for him, but I absolutely hate it when he opens his mouth.
MarzB
I can see the point there but lets not forget, Mayweather has tried to make fights with Mosley not ot mention I'm sure you'd agree its ridiculous to think Mayweather's comeback fight would be against Mosley.

Now that said, screw the Pacquiao business (thats EASY work, easier than Marquez IMO) I personally WANT the Mosley fight and it'll be MUCH easier to make than a Pacquiao fight.

If you want to see what happens in the Cotto fight, see the Brusseles fight with Cotto being able to take Mayweather's shots but Mayweather crusing for an easy decison. I believe Cotto's deal with Top Rank expires after this year so that'll be a fight that could be made provided Cotto gets by Clottey which will be NO easy task.

I do think Floyd is WRONG when he talks about bragging rights and I mentioned he contradicted himself in my first post. He "says" he doesn't fight for "bragging rights" but he LOVES (and no problem in saying it because it's true) talking about his "ZERO" vs. other guys "L's". Hence the Mosley 5 loses.

A word about Mosley, I'm glad Mosley redeemed himself no doubt because I've always thought Marg was a Bob Arum con job for the most part. That said though, I believe it was a combination of Nazim's new tactics and Marg being the "perfect" opponent for Mosley to shine against.

That said, up to that point would folks REALLY be speaking this highly of Mos?
Sugar Q
I agree Hype. PBF isn't the most articulate dude in the room but he had a few valid points.

!) He fought a live Oscar unlike the one Forbes then Manny fought.
2) He fought a tougher, unbeaten Hatton. When a dude gets ko'd the next guy's job is to ko him quicker.
3) Hatton ko'd Castillo which didnt mean anything when he fought PBF.
4) If the Oscar and Hatton fights generated more with PBF than with Manny PBF had a large part in that.
5) Why isn't it ok to fight the guy who even Kenny admitted beat Manny but it's ok to fight Manny? I don't understand how some say Kenny owned him cause Kenny never answered the question. MOST people say JMM beat Manny in their last fight. JMM has been chasing Manny for a 3rd fight. Been far more impressive in his last 3 fights and is ranked #2 p4p but MOST are admittedly saying he should be ranked #1 so shouldn't that make the Marquez fight more significant than the Manny fight?
6) With latino fans behind this fight the Marquez fight right now is bigger than the Mosley fight. Maybe not in the mind of die hard fans but demographically speaking it is.
Snoop
QUOTE (MarzB @ May 21 2009, 04:00 PM) *
I can see the point there but lets not forget, Mayweather has tried to make fights with Mosley not ot mention I'm sure you'd agree its ridiculous to think Mayweather's comeback fight would be against Mosley.

Why would it be ridiculous for Mayweather's comback fight to be against Mosley?

Now that said, screw the Pacquiao business (thats EASY work, easier than Marquez IMO) I personally WANT the Mosley fight and it'll be MUCH easier to make than a Pacquiao fight.

If you want to see what happens in the Cotto fight, see the Brusseles fight with Cotto being able to take Mayweather's shots but Mayweather crusing for an easy decison. I believe Cotto's deal with Top Rank expires after this year so that'll be a fight that could be made provided Cotto gets by Clottey which will be NO easy task.

I do think Floyd is WRONG when he talks about bragging rights and I mentioned he contradicted himself in my first post. He "says" he doesn't fight for "bragging rights" but he LOVES (and no problem in saying it because it's true) talking about his "ZERO" vs. other guys "L's". Hence the Mosley 5 loses.

That may be all good and true, hell, even I think he'd win against Pacquiao, Cotto and Mosley (pending on his performance with Marquez), but until now it's all conjecture and I think what's frustrating to people is that he'd rather run his mouth with weakass excuses (Mosley's 5 losses) rather than proving it in the ring, then go on to say he's better than Sugar Ray Robinson. LOL. At least come up with something better than, "I'd beat him because he has losses and I don't.

A word about Mosley, I'm glad Mosley redeemed himself no doubt because I've always thought Marg was a Bob Arum con job for the most part. That said though, I believe it was a combination of Nazim's new tactics and Marg being the "perfect" opponent for Mosley to shine against.

That said, up to that point would folks REALLY be speaking this highly of Mos?

I think this is going beyond the point, at least the one I was trying to make. I don't think Mosley would beat Mayweather, or at the very least, I think it's ridiculous to base an outcome off of previous fights against opponents with completely different styles. What bothers me is how Mayweather is constantly running his mouth off about being the best, yet does nothing to prove it.
MarzB
It's ridiculous because he's been inactive. But here we go again with the double standards, "if Floyd is so good and in shape, then why shouldn't he come out directly against Mosley" Ok (smirk).

Also, why not make the fight bigger than what would be? Should Floyd get past Marquez, the build-up for Mosley would be great having promotional momentum going into it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.