Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Terminator
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Al Hata

I thought it was pretty good but I'm also a huge fan of the series. I could see how it would be getting the bad reviews though as it is quite empty. One thing I really liked was how true it stayed to the Terminator storylines from the past movies. If you have never seen a Terminator movie then I would pass on this, you need to know whats going on.

I love Bale, but he kind of over-acted his John Conner role. He also didn't get enough screen time imo if you believe it or not. Some scenes were really corny, as were some of the lines but if your looking for a high action movie that stays true to the Terminator storyline then you will enjoy this flick.

The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Al Hata @ May 21 2009, 10:55 AM) *
I thought it was pretty good but I'm also a huge fan of the series. I could see how it would be getting the bad reviews though as it is quite empty. One thing I really liked was how true it stayed to the Terminator storylines from the past movies. If you have never seen a Terminator movie then I would pass on this, you need to know whats going on.

I love Bale, but he kind of over-acted his John Conner role. He also didn't get enough screen time imo if you believe it or not. Some scenes were really corny, as were some of the lines but if your looking for a high action movie that stays true to the Terminator storyline then you will enjoy this flick.

Wow, did it get bad reviews?? I love the series and look forward to seeing this one...
Snoop
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 21 2009, 09:11 PM) *
Wow, did it get bad reviews?? I love the series and look forward to seeing this one...

From what I'm reading, it's getting horrible reviews. I've heard it's chalked full of action with no actual storyline so if that's your type of film, then you'll probably enjoy it. Here's the last line of Roger Ebert's review:

"Anyway, most of the running time is occupied by action sequences, chase sequences, motorcycle sequences, plow-truck sequences, helicopter sequences, fighter-plane sequences, towering android sequences and fistfights. It gives you all the pleasure of a video game without the bother of having to play it."

LOL.
BGv2.0
I think Roger Ebert and anybody else that says this film has no story line.....needs their F'N head examined!

Look....if ANYBODY has become jaded with Hollywood's total BS...it's me. So going into this film I had very low levels of expectations.

I gotta say....this film was AWESOME!

What needed to be CGI was done well and pretty much seamless.....what needed to be done with epoxy and good old latex and metal was also done well. The story was GREAT! Although I have to say....if a person has no clue or has forgotten people and aspects of the first two films.....THEY WILL BE LOST!

Which IMHO is refreshing.....there was no attempt to capture a "new generation" of fans.....they stuck with what had come before and did well by it.

IMHO this fits perfectly after 1 and 2 (a person could skip 3).

It blows me away how this film is getting ripped seemingly more than that last stinking pile!

For years now I have wondered if they could ever out do the T-1000....and Marcus is without doubt a good candidate for what was most likely the T-900. Which would have been considered a failure by Skynet's standards and would explain the revert back to the T-1000's lack of human emotion aspect.

The chick terminator was LAME.....but Marcus really rivals the T-1000...at least for me as far as interest goes.

I loved the T-600's with their bulky, sluggish size and their rotting skin....very cool

I'm extremely hard on films....and I REALLY liked this movie!
JaRaNDa
For any of the Terminator 1&2 fans, would any of yous recommend watching the series?? Am very sceptical about it!
After reading BGv2.0 review I might have to check out the new movie!
Method
How many movies have their been thus far? 3 or 4?
Snoop
QUOTE (Method @ May 24 2009, 08:28 PM) *
How many movies have their been thus far? 3 or 4?

This is the 4th one.
Method
What happened in the 3rd one?
BGv2.0
QUOTE (Method @ May 26 2009, 08:38 AM) *
What happened in the 3rd one?

Not a whole lot....they basically took the low road of what was and still is today to a lesser degree Chic of making a female counter part of a male figure.

ie...the chick terminator.

Which was really lame because hot body or not.....at it's core it is still a supposed robotic killing machine....and no matter how hot you make it.....nothing can top the T-1000 in that department. She basically had a nuclear blaster on her arm....and that was about it.

Nothing really worthy of anything happened in that film....it can totally be skipped when watching the series.....much like Exorcist II and Halloween III.
STEVENSKI
One of the worst movies I have ever seen. The only redeeming quality was Conner blasting GNR out of a ghettoblaster.

I LOVE the terminator movies like obsessively love them & this was all action & ZERO storyline.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 16 2009, 07:11 PM) *
One of the worst movies I have ever seen. The only redeeming quality was Conner blasting GNR out of a ghettoblaster.

I LOVE the terminator movies like obsessively love them & this was all action & ZERO storyline.

My friend called me the other day and told me he seen Terminator and Star Trek over the weekend. He said they were both amazing, could not stop raving about both of them. I will wait for blu-ray regardless.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 16 2009, 06:11 PM) *

That's a little dramatic is it not?

Honestly.....it was one of the worst you have ever seen?

I've been hearing this time and again from people....and I do not get it.

Like I've said before....I'm pretty hard on today's Hollywood fare....but I thought this was a very decent film. AND....I thought it had a story line as well.

I think the word "obsessively" might be a huge part of the problem. BUT....then again....I'm one of those that had no issue with the recent STAR WARS films either....so it just might be me.

To each his own.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.