Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SHANE TALKING SLICK NOW
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Sugar Q
I'm a huge Shane Mosley fan but I was very disappointed when PBF called him out on nation wide TV and Shane made the excuse about his tooth and needing rest now all of a sudden there's a sense of urgency. I have to agree with Mayweather, why fight Shane now when he has unfinished business with Cotto and I can get more accomplished fighting Marquez. Shane needs to occupy his time while PBF reestablishes his market value then a PBF/Mosley fight makes more since because when was the last time Shane made 5 million let lone 10? Chime in guys tell me what you think.

Here's the link for all who hasn't seen it: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4200357
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 23 2009, 11:21 AM) *
I'm a huge Shane Mosley fan but I was very disappointed when PBF called him out on nation wide TV and Shane made the excuse about his tooth and needing rest now all of a sudden there's a sense of urgency. I have to agree with Mayweather, why fight Shane now when he has unfinished business with Cotto and I can get more accomplished fighting Marquez. Shane needs to occupy his time while PBF reestablishes his market value then a PBF/Mosley fight makes more since because when was the last time Shane made 5 million let lone 10? Chime in guys tell me what you think.

Here's the link for all who hasn't seen it: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4200357

screw shane mosely.. that fight should have been made years ago when floyd was at 130 and shane at 135.. that would have been a bonafide superfight... shane dont have a dance partner now and is lookin to talk a lil smack...he should have fought berto... i am willing to bet at the end of the day he (mosely) will be left on the outside looking in... mayweasther is right about one thing.. as good as mosely is he is not a draw... not a huge draw...
KookedKrack
exactly how is Shane talking slick in this interview may i ask? By saying that Floyd is broke so he came back to boxing? By saying that him and platerman sold out the staples center? By asking why is floyd fighting someone who has never even seen 147 let alone fought there......sounds like valid points to me or maybe the definition of slick talking to me is different idk
Sugar Q
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ May 23 2009, 12:43 PM) *
exactly how is Shane talking slick in this interview may i ask? By saying that Floyd is broke so he came back to boxing? By saying that him and platerman sold out the staples center? By asking why is floyd fighting someone who has never even seen 147 let alone fought there......sounds like valid points to me or maybe the definition of slick talking to me is different idk

Well it's slick talking when the man your talking about is making more money for fighting Marquez (the light-wt) than you've probably made in your whole career. Sounds slick to me. Shane made what 2.5 mil for fighting Plasterman.
Mean Mister Mustard
Mosley is just buying time so that he can re-juice in order to beat Mayweather.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 23 2009, 12:54 PM) *
Mosley is just buying time so that he can re-juice in order to beat Mayweather.

Mean you aint right,lol. That's a low blow.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 23 2009, 01:00 PM) *
Mean you aint right,lol. That's a low blow.

LOL. I just recently remembered about that steroid scandal and I hope others don't forget it. Mayweather should tell Sugar Shane NOSLEY to get tested before they even sit down for negotiations.
Keith
i believe pbf is a great boxer and he is a huge draw, but at the end of the day you have to ask yourself "what great fighter has he fought in the last 5 years?". you cant argue that he has never lost but the quality of competition has not been there the last 5 years. slow baldomir? punching bag judah? overhyped gatti? way past his prime de la hoya? glassjaw hatton? and during the same time frame he fought all those 2nd tier fighters he never fought cotto, margarito, mosley, williams, etc. ask yourself which group of fighters is better baldomir/judah/gatti/dlh/hattom or cotto/margarito/mosley/williams? its pretty clear to me. and now he is taking on a fighter that is not 1 but 2 weight classes smaller then him and claiming that marquez is a bigger pay per view attraction then mosley? please!
MarzB
"Plasterman", I LOVE IT smile.gif Thats my new name for that asshole.

Back to the thread GREAT!!! Good for Shane in finally acquiring a personality and making things interesting.

This is the fight I want so after Marquez, "lets get it on".

Shane does make a valid point in discussing his loses to Forrest and Wright.
Keith
i forgot..."so mosley beats margarito and he beats cotto and cotto beats mosley, all these guys beating each other but nobody has beat me". how the hell can any of those guys beat you if you never step in to the ring with them floyd?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (keith @ May 23 2009, 12:15 PM) *
i forgot..."so mosley beats margarito and he beats cotto and cotto beats mosley, all these guys beating each other but nobody has beat me". how the hell can any of those guys beat you if you never step in to the ring with them floyd?

That's what I thought too. I hope this is all just smacktalk from Mayweather and he at leasts fights Mosley.
Spyder
The only trash talking that Shane did was about Floyd needing money. Other than that, he was spot on with all of his comments.
JD
I agree man, why does Mosley have to start yapping and try to talk slick?

I wish he would be a little more down to earth and authentic like Floyd.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (JD @ May 23 2009, 01:01 PM) *
I agree man, why does Mosley have to start yapping and try to talk slick?

I wish he would be a little more down to earth and authentic like Floyd.

HAHAHAHA!!
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (MarzB @ May 23 2009, 11:10 AM) *
"Plasterman", I LOVE IT smile.gif Thats my new name for that asshole.

Back to the thread GREAT!!! Good for Shane in finally acquiring a personality and making things interesting.

This is the fight I want so after Marquez, "lets get it on".

Shane does make a valid point in discussing his loses to Forrest and Wright.

lol to bad he is finally doing it at 37! lol guess Jin wasnt letting him be himself lol

as mean stated since shane cheated and juiced never really cared for him anymore. think he is just looking for one last pay day and I hope floyd dont give it to him
dbdbdb
Mosley's first mistake {Juicing} was not believing in himself against DLH.

Mosley's second mistake was to let his wife into a business she had no knowledge of and compounding that mistake further by letting her be his manager.

Mosley's third mistake was not taking full advantgage of the position he had when he was on top ... Probally because he had a horrible manager.

Floyd is right & correct ... outside of CA. Mosley is a hardcore fan draw. The numbers for his fight with AM was because Mexico was in the house.

As I stated in a thread earlier {http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.php?showtopic=23930&hl=mosley} Mosley is not marketing himself and isn't agressive at getting headlines .... So, he will without a doubt be dance partnerless if Clottey beats Cotto and Pac-Man bites on a Mayweather fight.

In summary ... Mosley is a victim of his own success and very poor management. Look at freakin Hatton -- who is a Club\Street fighter and no where near the skill-level as a Mosley ... But Hatton knows that Boxing is a business and takes every opportunity to market himself. Mosley just lays back and chills until someone gives him a shot ..... Crazy!!!!!

I have to give it to Floyd ... He knows how to make some NOISE. Since his out-of-retirement announcement, he has been everywhere TV, Radio and in person hyping up his fight with JMM. Even in freakin London.

MarzB
QUOTE (keith @ May 23 2009, 12:10 PM) *
i believe pbf is a great boxer and he is a huge draw, but at the end of the day you have to ask yourself "what great fighter has he fought in the last 5 years?". you cant argue that he has never lost but the quality of competition has not been there the last 5 years. slow baldomir? punching bag judah? overhyped gatti? way past his prime de la hoya? glassjaw hatton? and during the same time frame he fought all those 2nd tier fighters he never fought cotto, margarito, mosley, williams, etc. ask yourself which group of fighters is better baldomir/judah/gatti/dlh/hattom or cotto/margarito/mosley/williams? its pretty clear to me. and now he is taking on a fighter that is not 1 but 2 weight classes smaller then him and claiming that marquez is a bigger pay per view attraction then mosley? please!

Heres a point that's rarely acknowledge regarding Mayweather that he's recently alluded to and I'd love for you or anyone to try and trump this.

Look at the first two years of each guys careers or ANY fighter from that era careers and you'll see why Floyd not only highly regards himself but why a lot of purist do regardless of his mouth.

Shane Mosley basically fought "mexican cab drivers" literally . Guys who's names aren't recognizable at all to even boxing junkies . Floyd on the other fought in his 2nd year a guy who's only lost to DLH (IMO the best fighter that DLH TRULY beat) and was the king of his division at that respective point in his career.

Why Floyd gets no credit or thats not acknowledged with respect to his career is beyond me.
Keith
i have no problem admiting that during the first 1/3 to 1/2 of both of their careers, floyd faced the stiffer competition (hernandez, corrales, castillo) compared to mosley. my point isnt even that i think mosley is the better fighter (i do but its not my point). my point is stop saying your the greatest, the pfp champ etc. when you have not fought the toughest competition in quite some time. floyd always seems to have an excuse why he shouldnt have to face the best fighters. he turned down 8 million (which would of been his biggest payday by far) to fight margarito because his hand hurt from beating judah. he said cotto wasnt seasoned enough 2 yrs ago, he never even mentioned williams name. now he doesnt know if paquiao can be done because of arum and mosley has too many losses. since mosley faced dlh the first time he had faced the best fighters he could at the time. forest twice, dlh a second time, wright twice, cotto, margarito. maybe floyd is the better fighter but has he beaten anyone you didnt think mosley could beat as well?
Keith
Shane Mosley basically fought "mexican cab drivers" literally . Guys who's names aren't recognizable at all to even boxing junkies . Floyd on the other fought in his 2nd year a guy who's only lost to DLH (IMO the best fighter that DLH TRULY beat) and was the king of his division at that respective point in his career.

lol. this fight happened in 1998. it was the last time hernandez ever fought. he was a really good fighter in his prime but not when pbf fought him. and it happened 11 yrs ago. we are supposed to give floyd props for beating a shot fighter 11 yrs ago? lol. thats funny.
MarzB
First I want to make abundantly clear as I've said consistently since I've been posting here, the fight "I" want to see is true indeed, "MOSLEY vs. MAYWEATHER".

Close mouths don't get fed, ask Mosley about that one. Floyd played the "nice"/"face" role if you will early in his career and it got him NOWHERE. Most of the Mayweather "haters" and "dissenters" tend to focus on his "persona", "mouth" and other things outside of the ring that frankly shouldn't even enter the discussion when it comes to boxing.

That said, the bottom line, at the end of the day this is a BU$INE$$ and Floyd's choices have been much better than Mosley and if you're going to attempt to cherry pick Mayweather's resume, then the same could EASILY be said about Mosley. If Floyd fought in the second half of his career as you're saying about Mosley guys like "Estrada, Raul Marquez, Cruz or even Collazo" he would have been CRUCIFIED. HUNG in efigy would he not?? Let me acknowledge that Collazo is one of my favorite fighters and none of those fighters mentioned are scrubs but they brought ZERO to the table. No alphabet belts, no large fan bases, nothing.

Back to the bottom line, he's (Mayweather) proven that he's a lightning rod hence the number of threads even here about him from the time he retired to his return. Would you prefer he fought two fighters in one night? I mean after all, NOTHING he does will satisfy his haters.

"He talks too much", "he wears too much jewelery", "he's not articulate(I didn't realize we were watching Floyd Jr speaking to congress regarding the credit card bill) ", "he runs (as opposed to being flat footed and sitting and trading)", etc.

Mosley can sit and wait his turn. With a new trainer and new attitude he can stand pat and wait to get his I mean after all, it's not like he's ignored Floyd before right?? (see "toothache-gate", and even in the late 90's)
Keith
i understand its about money for floyd and all other fighters. i like floyd as a fighter, i think he is great and thats exactly why i wont give him a pass for ducking the best competition. as a fan, i think he has been shortchanging us. he makes tons of money fighting 2nd tier fighters and we let him get away with it. if its about money then yes floyd wins hands down and mosley has to wait his turn. but mosley is the welter champ. he is still the champ and he is fan friendly.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (dbdbdb @ May 23 2009, 02:54 PM) *
Mosley's first mistake {Juicing} was not believing in himself against DLH.

Mosley's second mistake was to let his wife into a business she had no knowledge of and compounding that mistake further by letting her be his manager.

Mosley's third mistake was not taking full advantgage of the position he had when he was on top ... Probally because he had a horrible manager.

Floyd is right & correct ... outside of CA. Mosley is a hardcore fan draw. The numbers for his fight with AM was because Mexico was in the house.

As I stated in a thread earlier {http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.php?showtopic=23930&hl=mosley} Mosley is not marketing himself and isn't agressive at getting headlines .... So, he will without a doubt be dance partnerless if Clottey beats Cotto and Pac-Man bites on a Mayweather fight.

In summary ... Mosley is a victim of his own success and very poor management. Look at freakin Hatton -- who is a Club\Street fighter and no where near the skill-level as a Mosley ... But Hatton knows that Boxing is a business and takes every opportunity to market himself. Mosley just lays back and chills until someone gives him a shot ..... Crazy!!!!!

I have to give it to Floyd ... He knows how to make some NOISE. Since his out-of-retirement announcement, he has been everywhere TV, Radio and in person hyping up his fight with JMM. Even in freakin London.

I agree.

Mayweather is an asshole but he at least got what he wanted. I remember ever since 2002 when he was the undercard bout for the Klitshhko-Mcline fight he was complaining that he was supposed to be the draw etc. I think it was in 03 or 04 he hired some people to clean up his image and make him popular. Look now in 2009 and he seems to be at the breakthrough point to mainstream sucess. The problem however is that he's too focused on fame and so on that he is neglecting to make real fights.

MarzB
QUOTE (keith @ May 23 2009, 03:11 PM) *
i understand its about money for floyd and all other fighters. i like floyd as a fighter, i think he is great and thats exactly why i wont give him a pass for ducking the best competition. as a fan, i think he has been shortchanging us. he makes tons of money fighting 2nd tier fighters and we let him get away with it. if its about money then yes floyd wins hands down and mosley has to wait his turn. but mosley is the welter champ. he is still the champ and he is fan friendly.

So then we agree for the most part. Btw I hate that term "fan friendly" or "tv friendly fighter". Let the IDIOTS (yeah I said it) wh can't figure out defense, footwork, distance, timing etc get in the ring and they'll change their tune completely. Trust me on that.

That said, why not then "BUILD UP" the fight?? This isn't the old days (as I know you know) where guys are fighting damn near on a weekly basis (looking at Ray Robinson's record is astonishing when you consider they had rematches literally within a month,lol). I believe personally this is the best fight in boxing factoring in noteriety , skill level and styles along with drawing power.

Forget what they "say". They both have a mutual respect for each other despite their barbs. Floyd hugs Shane after he destroyed Vargas and Shane acknowledges openly his win over Hatton.

If you really want my opinion, the cards ALLL lie in Shane's hands which is why I love this salvo of his. ALL he needs to do (and it won't be difficult since the company he's a "partner" in is doing the fight) is HIT the media waves (which he's starting) leading up to this fight talking ABOUT Floyd. The week of the fight he can get into full "CALLING OUT MODE". He doesn't have to create ANYTHING because the media will already be around. Lastly, he can do an Antonio Tarver appearance at the post press conference of Jones vs. Ruiz. Plenty of papers/sites will print it.
BoxingStill#1
So who the hell is Shane gonna fight in the mean time?.....
dbdbdb
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ May 23 2009, 04:42 PM) *
So who the hell is Shane gonna fight in the mean time?.....

That's the problem in a nutshell ...... Since Mosley beat AM, what has he done??????

DUDE!!!! You've got the MAIN belt out there ... MAKE SOME FREAKIN NOISE!!!!!!!!

Instead, Mosley {A GBP PARTNER!!!!!} is running around begging Floyd to fight him -- Begging Pac-Man to fight him.

WTF is going on here!!!!!!!
Keith
QUOTE (MarzB @ May 23 2009, 04:24 PM) *
So then we agree for the most part. Btw I hate that term "fan friendly" or "tv friendly fighter". Let the IDIOTS (yeah I said it) wh can't figure out defense, footwork, distance, timing etc get in the ring and they'll change their tune completely. Trust me on that.

That said, why not then "BUILD UP" the fight?? This isn't the old days (as I know you know) where guys are fighting damn near on a weekly basis (looking at Ray Robinson's record is astonishing when you consider they had rematches literally within a month,lol). I believe personally this is the best fight in boxing factoring in noteriety , skill level and styles along with drawing power.

Forget what they "say". They both have a mutual respect for each other despite their barbs. Floyd hugs Shane after he destroyed Vargas and Shane acknowledges openly his win over Hatton.

If you really want my opinion, the cards ALLL lie in Shane's hands which is why I love this salvo of his. ALL he needs to do (and it won't be difficult since the company he's a "partner" in is doing the fight) is HIT the media waves (which he's starting) leading up to this fight talking ABOUT Floyd. The week of the fight he can get into full "CALLING OUT MODE". He doesn't have to create ANYTHING because the media will already be around. Lastly, he can do an Antonio Tarver appearance at the post press conference of Jones vs. Ruiz. Plenty of papers/sites will print it.

what i meant by fan friendly is not so much that he is an brawling action fighter but that he wants to fight the best fighters.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (MarzB @ May 23 2009, 04:05 PM) *
First I want to make abundantly clear as I've said consistently since I've been posting here, the fight "I" want to see is true indeed, "MOSLEY vs. MAYWEATHER".

Close mouths don't get fed, ask Mosley about that one. Floyd played the "nice"/"face" role if you will early in his career and it got him NOWHERE. Most of the Mayweather "haters" and "dissenters" tend to focus on his "persona", "mouth" and other things outside of the ring that frankly shouldn't even enter the discussion when it comes to boxing.

That said, the bottom line, at the end of the day this is a BU$INE$$ and Floyd's choices have been much better than Mosley and if you're going to attempt to cherry pick Mayweather's resume, then the same could EASILY be said about Mosley. If Floyd fought in the second half of his career as you're saying about Mosley guys like "Estrada, Raul Marquez, Cruz or even Collazo" he would have been CRUCIFIED. HUNG in efigy would he not?? Let me acknowledge that Collazo is one of my favorite fighters and none of those fighters mentioned are scrubs but they brought ZERO to the table. No alphabet belts, no large fan bases, nothing.

Back to the bottom line, he's (Mayweather) proven that he's a lightning rod hence the number of threads even here about him from the time he retired to his return. Would you prefer he fought two fighters in one night? I mean after all, NOTHING he does will satisfy his haters.

"He talks too much", "he wears too much jewelery", "he's not articulate(I didn't realize we were watching Floyd Jr speaking to congress regarding the credit card bill) ", "he runs (as opposed to being flat footed and sitting and trading)", etc.

Mosley can sit and wait his turn. With a new trainer and new attitude he can stand pat and wait to get his I mean after all, it's not like he's ignored Floyd before right?? (see "toothache-gate", and even in the late 90's)

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! Very true.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (MarzB @ May 23 2009, 08:05 PM) *
I mean after all, NOTHING he does will satisfy his haters.

He can die.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 23 2009, 10:22 PM) *
Did you also agree with Mayweather when he didn't bat an eyelid about Hatton having unfinished business with Collazo, or Marquez having unfinished business with Pacquiao and Judah having unfinished business with Baldomir? What happened there?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (dbdbdb @ May 23 2009, 03:50 PM) *
That's the problem in a nutshell ...... Since Mosley beat AM, what has he done??????

DUDE!!!! You've got the MAIN belt out there ... MAKE SOME FREAKIN NOISE!!!!!!!!

Instead, Mosley {A GBP PARTNER!!!!!} is running around begging Floyd to fight him -- Begging Pac-Man to fight him.

WTF is going on here!!!!!!!

lol I think clottey is all that is gonna be left(i expect clottey to beat cotto)
I doubt dibella buts berto in there with shane. collazo no he wont go near williams .03 chance of remaking a fight with judah no matter how good he looks on the undercard so cant blame nosely for chasing pac and PBF wouldnt you if you were left with those other options?
JaRaNDa
Mosley has not ducked anyone or has prostituted himself in having money fights, the guy should be shown a little more respect!
Mosley has done what he was suppossed to do to and a bit more in fighting Cotto and destroying Margarito..argubly the 2 best in the toughest division to become the man!
So my question is why is Mosley getting shit and questioned just because he may be getting the short end of the stick with boxing politics?? So he may be left out of the picture for a while becuase he may not be as big a draw or logical which is not his fault due to no wrong doing!!
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 23 2009, 10:22 PM) *
Did you also agree with Mayweather when he didn't bat an eyelid about Hatton having unfinished business with Collazo, or Marquez having unfinished business with Pacquiao and Judah having unfinished business with Baldomir? What happened there?

1) It doesn't matter whether I agreed or not Hatton got a political win which allowed PBF to take full advantage of an unbeaten champion with a huge folllowing. A great career move wouldn't you say?

2) Marquez has been calling Pacquiao out since their last fight which most say he won. He's only fighting PBF because Pacquiao won't fight him again. Can't hold that against Marquez.

3) The way to settle the Baldomir/Judah issue was to beat both of them.

And regarding Mosley. Mosley was challenged on nationwide TV and turned it down. You cant fight a man who doesn't wanna fight now Mosley is in no position to dictate anything. PBF gains far more fighting Marquez right now then he would fighting Mosley like the #1 P4P spot, leverage in negotiating with Pacquiao and a whole lot more money than he would get for fighting Mosley right now. As much as I wanna see the fight I understand the economic side of it and if you take off your "I WANNA DEBATE HAT" for a few minutes you would too.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 24 2009, 05:49 AM) *
2) Marquez has been calling Pacquiao out since there last fight which most say he won. He's only fighting PBF because Pacquiao won't fight him again. Can't hold that against Marquez.

LOL! They have fought TWICE in the ring. Not on paper. Marquez has been given his chances. Again, TWICE. Maybe Floyd should give chance to each of Cotto and Mosley.

QUESTION: Why is it so very easy for Pac have fights against the likes of Barrera, Marquez, Morales, Hatton? And it's so hard for Floyd to have a fight with either Cotto or Mosley.
JD
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 24 2009, 01:09 AM) *
How come you agree with Mayweather that Mosley has unfinished business with Cotto, but it doesn't matter whether you agree or not if Hatton got a political win?

Because Mosley beat Margarito, who beat Cotto, who beat Mosley...so they are all beating each other, but have they beaten Mayweather? I don't think so.
Method
when was the last time Shane made 5 million let lone 10?

The last time Shane made that kind of money was when he fought the guy(s) that Mayweather had/has to fight to make that money.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 24 2009, 01:09 AM) *
How come you agree with Mayweather that Mosley has unfinished business with Cotto, but it doesn't matter whether you agree or not if Hatton got a political win?

Because if Mayweather were to defeat Shane right now he would only be doing what Cotto has already done recently. He still would have that huge "you beat a guy that I just beat" from the Cotto side and as for the Hatton thing Hatton clearly lost to Collazo in my book but the politics allowed him to escape with the win and a second world title. Hatton was a highly marketable, unbeaten 2 division world champion with a huge following. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how great an opportunity that was and ended up being.
MarzB
QUOTE (Method @ May 24 2009, 08:23 AM) *
The last time Shane made that kind of money was when he fought the guy(s) that Mayweather had/has to fight to make that money.

Gotta disagree with you bro there. Floyd made $5 million when he fought Zab Judah and I'm certain Mosley wasn't going to make that in his fight with Zab.

Floyd made more when he fought Demarcus Corley ($3 million) than any of Shane's fights NOT against Dela Hoya. We can also add Gatti and definitely Baldomir to the list.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (MarzB @ May 24 2009, 11:33 AM) *
Gotta disagree with you bro there. Floyd made $5 million when he fought Zab Judah and I'm certain Mosley wasn't going to make that in his fight with Zab.

Floyd made more when he fought Demarcus Corley ($3 million) than any of Shane's fights NOT against Dela Hoya. We can also add Gatti and definitely Baldomir to the list.

Isn't that something. Floyd made more for fighting Zab Judah than Mosley made for DelaHoya and his purses have been increasing ever since.
dbdbdb
Mosley should look at what Floyd is doing .. And instead of waiting for someone to say yes .. make some moves.

Floyd vs JMM is what it is -- no belts on the line -- JMM is the lightweight Champ but isn't fighting at that weight class. And this fight is nothing more than a fight between two very good fighters. Nothing on the line.

BUT!!!! Floyd is promoting the freakin hell out of this fight -- If you look at what he's doing in terms of promoting -- You would think its a fight between two linear Champions that will decide the fate of boxing.

Floyd has been everywhere from Bloomberg {Financial network} to ESPN to Sky Sports to a rap TV show Promoting the fight.

Mosley has never promoted himself like Floyd has. Even though Mosley has the muscle of GPB behind him, he is squandering both his position and status. He is 1/3 Partner of GBP and he doesn't have the where-with-all to promote himself. I'm a Mosley fan ...... BUT!!! Mosley will never get the big paydays he craves unless he gets in gear and start making some noise.

Floyd will always make more than Mosley for a fight ... because he understands how money is generated and how to stir up the pot to a boiling point ... so that fans and non-fans alike will want to watch.

Like I stated I'm a fan of Mosley ... But in all the time he's been in boxing, he just hasn't put himself in the position to make the really big paper.

Ask yourself this question from a business perspective ..... Why is HBO soo willing to back Floyd with a 24/7 series for a fight between Floyd & JMM. Its because Floyd generates MONEY!!!!!

Mosley is the top dog in the WW division and I have yet to see a 24/7 series with him and he's 1/3 partner with GBP!!!!!!!!!.

If and when Floyd & Mosley do fight, you can count on Floyd getting a high percentage of the purse.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Method @ May 24 2009, 07:23 AM) *

I guarantee no way shane gets 10 mill for fighting Marquez
Sugar Q
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ May 24 2009, 01:38 PM) *
I guarantee no way shane gets 10 mill for fighting Marquez

Mosley would be lucky to get 3-4 mill against Marquez. I don't know who's advising him but he needs to fire them. I got love for Shane but he has made some very dumb decisions in his career. 2.4 mill for Margarito? Yeah the fans are happy but at the end of the day will he have anything to show for it cause Jin is definitely coming for his loochie.
neophyte7
I was reading in the Daily News in an article by Time Smith that Floyd in his last two fights was in part of 250 million dollars of generated revenues... Floyd is not broke. Daddy Senior aint broke, Roger is not broke--- Mayweathers are money makers in boxing... Floyd not being a draw is a myth I don't think he spent the entire 20 million he made in the wrestling event -- let alone spent all of his boxing revenue--
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 24 2009, 02:47 PM) *
I was reading in the Daily News in an article by Time Smith that Floyd in his last two fights was in part of 250 million dollars of generated revenues... Floyd is not broke. Daddy Senior aint broke, Roger is not broke--- Mayweathers are money makers in boxing... Floyd not being a draw is a myth I don't think he spent the entire 20 million he made in the wrestling event -- let alone spent all of his boxing revenue--

exactly this guy is all over dancing with the stars which he claimed to have gotten paid for, his wrestling apperance, At&T commercials and his fights with hatton and Dlh got him over 45 mill EASY! people calling him "needs money" are simply haters

as for shane maybe he'd get 3-4 that would be pushing it lol i'd say 2.5 maybe ha
I believe in Karma and I think shane is gettin hit by it when he didnt answer to the up and comers challenges in the late 90's like zab and floyd they called him out when he was on top and never gave them the time and day. now that he's on the way out he has the nerve to call out floyd
JLUVBABY
i said it before and ill say it again... shane should have taken the berto fight... if he's so confident in himself he would have picked up that "easy" belt and had more of a bargaining tool for whom ever decides to fight him... dont drink shanes kool-aid... he picks and chooses his fights just like every other fighter out there... shane opted out of that berto fight because he and his team knows that style wise that is not the best match up for him...mosely is just as guilty of picking opponents... when it was a hot fight back when they where lightweights shane opted out of the fight so i in a way dont blame mayweather for making him wait... the tables are turned now.. mayweather needed mosely back then now its the other way around... i am sure that IF shane is still on top by time the dust settles he will get his mayweather fight and an "L"... this fight is not as good as it would have been years ago at the lightweight limit when they should have fought...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ May 24 2009, 09:48 PM) *
exactly this guy is all over dancing with the stars which he claimed to have gotten paid for, his wrestling apperance, At&T commercials and his fights with hatton and Dlh got him over 45 mill EASY! people calling him "needs money" are simply haters

Have you seen the way this chump gambles? He could go through that money in 6 months believe me on that one.
dbdbdb
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 24 2009, 06:07 PM) *
i said it before and ill say it again... shane should have taken the berto fight... if he's so confident in himself he would have picked up that "easy" belt and had more of a bargaining tool for whom ever decides to fight him... dont drink shanes kool-aid... he picks and chooses his fights just like every other fighter out there... shane opted out of that berto fight because he and his team knows that style wise that is not the best match up for him...mosely is just as guilty of picking opponents... when it was a hot fight back when they where lightweights shane opted out of the fight so i in a way dont blame mayweather for making him wait... the tables are turned now.. mayweather needed mosely back then now its the other way around... i am sure that IF shane is still on top by time the dust settles he will get his mayweather fight and an "L"... this fight is not as good as it would have been years ago at the lightweight limit when they should have fought...

That is absolutely true!!!! Mosley is treating those who don't bring big money to the table {Berto & Others} the same way he treated Floyd way back when. Mosley is honestly in the worst position I've ever seen a Champion be in -- where he is running around pleading for a money fight.

Meanwhile Floyd is making almost 12 million to fight JMM. And if he beats JMM he will be in a position to make +/- 20 Million to fight The Pac-Man.

With those kind of numbers ... its clear who need who. YES, the table have turned in the worst kind of way for Mosley.

Sugar Q
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 24 2009, 07:53 PM) *
But what if Mayweather was to beat Marquez? Wouldn't he be doing what Pacquiao and John have already done recently?

Come on dude. Your here just like I am and you know that the majority believes that Marquez won the last fight against Pacquiao. Marquez has been in high pursuit of a 3rd fight ever since and Pacquiao has been avoiding him. Pacquiao is the so called P4P best but he has a draw and a controversial win over Marquez.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 25 2009, 12:53 AM) *
But what if Mayweather was to beat Marquez? Wouldn't he be doing what Pacquiao and John have already done recently?

Certainly would be. That is not the point Fitz. Stop bringing up things that are relevant here. John lost only 4 times not 5 like Mosley & Pac has lost 3 but if you count both his fights with JMM then he has lost 5 as well & PBF does not fight guys who have lost 5 fights unless you count Gatti, Baldozar, Auguistus etc etc.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 24 2009, 05:17 PM) *
Have you seen the way this chump gambles? He could go through that money in 6 months believe me on that one.

i seriously doubt he would bet away all 45 mill even if he bet away 44.5 million of it he would still be alot wealthier than your average joe def not broke!

the only point Im trying to make is its just haters stirring up talk saying oh he came back cuz he's broke! like people were saying bout zab awhile back that the i.r.s was after him and he was going bankrupt all bull. I saw this guy in Vegas no more than a year after his fight with mayweather popping bottles and making it rain lol hardly broke, people just heard Merchant say sum rumors and people ran with it just think people are doing the same with floyd
MarzB
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ May 24 2009, 04:48 PM) *

as for shane maybe he'd get 3-4 that would be pushing it lol i'd say 2.5 maybe ha
I believe in Karma and I think shane is gettin hit by it when he didnt answer to the up and comers challenges in the late 90's like zab and floyd they called him out when he was on top and never gave them the time and day. now that he's on the way out he has the nerve to call out floyd

Just a correction here. Floyd actually made ONLY (lol) $5 million for his WWE appearance which he was flamed by his haters here for also,lol. What haters. I swear I don't hate any of my "ex's" the way some of you all hate Floyd and you all don't even KNOW him,lol. It's truly funny. But anyways the WWE used that $20 mill figure as a promtional ploy.

http://blog.mlive.com/mayweather/2008/03/h...ould_end_t.html

Thank you to who said Shane WISHES he could make anything resembling $5 mill let alone $15 mill for Marquez. I love how people are totally dismissing Marquez as if he's some scrub or some dude who's a just totally out of his class. Props to him CALLING Floyd out because that dude I think people have forgotten had fought Chris John for peanuts literally ($30,000). So to see him get a big payday is great for him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.