Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mo Money problems for "Money"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
It's from the NY Post so....*shrugs*

Undefeated boxer and record-firm exec "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather Jr. was walloped yesterday with a lawsuit that claims he stole a rap artist for his label, Philthy Rich.

A Long Island-based management company, Just for You Entertainment, wants at least $600,000 in damages from the six-time champ for "surreptitiously signing" Freck Billionaire (real name Jeffrey Whitters).

Just for You claims to have spent $155,000 on studio time, living and travel expenses under an exclusive contract signed in 2005.

Mayweather could not be reached for comment.
thehype
LOL. It probably won't amount to anything.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (thehype @ May 23 2009, 03:38 PM) *
LOL. It probably won't amount to anything.

probably not. He'll also claim that he's not ducking this lawsuit, while trying to settle a totally unrelated lawsuit in family court.
Mean Mister Mustard
You're a hater.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 23 2009, 03:13 PM) *
You're a hater.

fuck you, man...that was funny! I'm proud of that statement.

Fuck it, I'm saying it again because it was THAT good....

probably not. He'll also claim that he's not ducking this lawsuit, while trying to settle a totally unrelated lawsuit in family court.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 23 2009, 03:34 PM) *
fuck you, man...that was funny! I'm proud of that statement.

Fuck it, I'm saying it again because it was THAT good....

LOL some people think that talking about Mayweather's cash problems constitute "hatin".
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 23 2009, 04:38 PM) *
LOL some people think that talking about Mayweather's cash problems constitute "hatin".

lol. How DARE you point out someone's obvious factual problems? You're a hater! lol

Romulus9
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 23 2009, 03:43 PM) *

Bravo.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (wvu8893 @ May 23 2009, 04:45 PM) *
Bravo.

*takes a bow*
lloyd mayflower
floyd is a cunt, he will never face a top 147 contender end of story, if he ever does man up and fight pac it will be on floyds terms and so heavily weighted toward him it will be pointless. what i would like 2 happen is for stevenski to find a whole nother dimension of hatred for floyd and get me involved. i want vile, horrible things to happen to him
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ May 24 2009, 03:37 AM) *
floyd is a cunt, he will never face a top 147 contender end of story, if he ever does man up and fight pac it will be on floyds terms and so heavily weighted toward him it will be pointless. what i would like 2 happen is for stevenski to find a whole nother dimension of hatred for floyd and get me involved. i want vile, horrible things to happen to him

Look I want to see the guy take a cruel beatdown & end up bankrupt is that so bad?
JLUVBABY
i seriously doubt mayweather is any kind of financial bind... i think he is coming back because he misses the lime light...
thehype
Actually, I think he's back for the money and the money only...which is part of the reason why I don't think the Pacquiao fight will happen any time soon. It's all about maximizing his earning potential, so business-wise, I expect Floyd to fight the guys that will get him the biggest share of the purses...in other words, expect him to fight Golden Boy fighters first...Marquez, Mosley...possibly even Berto or Spinks...just kind of depends on what happens as some of these other bouts play out. If Clottey beats Cotto, Floyd may target him...a lot could happen, but I definitely think he's only back for the money because he needs it.
MarzB
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 23 2009, 11:25 PM) *
Look I want to see the guy take a cruel beatdown & end up bankrupt is that so bad?

LOL you and the person who's comment you're agreeing with sound like a bunch of 14 year old girls. But we've already well acknowledged your level of "BITCHASS'ness" have we not Ski? Just wanted to point it out again.

I swear I don't know any men that give a damn about another man's pocket$ let alone pouts the way you do.

Jealous ass MARK!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (MarzB @ May 26 2009, 03:40 AM) *
LOL you and the person who's comment you're agreeing with sound like a bunch of 14 year old girls. But we've already well acknowledged your level of "BITCHASS'ness" have we not Ski? Just wanted to point it out again.

No we have not acknowledged anything except that yes I hate Floyd & I say things about him you don't agree with. Previously we looked at your need to follow & quote me on a constant basis.

Nothing has changed Marv & I doubt it will.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 25 2009, 11:34 PM) *
No we have not acknowledged anything except that yes I hate Floyd & I say things about him you don't agree with. Previously we looked at your need to follow & quote me on a constant basis.

Nothing has changed Marv & I doubt it will.

LOL. I think Marz has a man-crush on you Steve.
King Eugene
I think Floyd is back for the money but I dont think he needs it. I think its more being greedy and money hungry than being broke.
D-MARV
Floyd isn't broke. Yeah, he's earning some cash for his comeback but I really think he came back for the limelight. Pacquiao started to take over and Floyd hates that.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 27 2009, 10:05 PM) *
Floyd isn't broke. Yeah, he's earning some cash for his comeback but I really think he came back for the limelight. Pacquiao started to take over and Floyd hates that.

I think it is more of a money thing personally, think of the big paydays he could get, how do you turn that down? But... ALL boxers miss the spotlight and especially when you were once the P4P King. Def agree PBF hates the fact that Pac took over his spot. So it's a mix of things for sure.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 27 2009, 10:18 PM) *
I think it is more of a money thing personally, think of the big paydays he could get, how do you turn that down? But... ALL boxers miss the spotlight and especially when you were once the P4P King. Def agree PBF hates the fact that Pac took over his spot. So it's a mix of things for sure.

He's said it plenty of times..."he didn't beat me so how is he P4P #1"
Fitz
You don't have to beat a guy to take his p4p #1 spot, a guy doesn't have to lose either to lose his p4p spot. If Mayweather never retired, I would have put Pacquiao in front of him anyways. He has done more, taken more risks. Basically just a whole lot more impressive, while Mayweather has just sat there taking it easy.
Don't understand the "I didn't lose, so I'm still p4p one" mentality. Just like any job, if someone isn't happy, you can get demoted just by not doing enough work, you don't actually have to make one big mistake to get fired.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 27 2009, 10:39 PM) *
You don't have to beat a guy to take his p4p #1 spot, a guy doesn't have to lose either to lose his p4p spot. If Mayweather never retired, I would have put Pacquiao in front of him anyways. He has done more, taken more risks. Basically just a whole lot more impressive, while Mayweather has just sat there taking it easy.
Don't understand the "I didn't lose, so I'm still p4p one" mentality. Just like any job, if someone isn't happy, you can get demoted just by not doing enough work, you don't actually have to make one big mistake to get fired.

I never said I agreed to it...I was just stating that because I was agreeing that he was coming back partly cause he didn't like Pac Man being more in the limelight than he is.
Big Slim Sweet
Mayweather isn't 'coming back' for anything. He never really left. Like lightsout said, how can you walk away from that kind of money? He hasn't really missed out on the spotlight either. He stayed in it pretty much. Wrestlemania, Dancing with the stars, etc... He just didn't want to fight anymore for a while. Now he thinks he's ready again.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 27 2009, 09:39 PM) *

Agree with Fitz on this one. Roid had the title for years and years fighting guys that weren't up to much yet he kept the mythical title simply because he didn't lose. Nard had the title for a while as well when he was fighting kind of nobodies.

If we must define the 'title' it should be all about the here and now. I don't care if a guy has 3 losses on his record or who he has lost to, if he is currrently fighting and beating top guys in a dominating manner then he should be considered for the title. Pac deserves the title for his body of work over the last 5 years and while I may concede that PBF is the more talented fighter if he's not prepared to extend that talent then he doesn't deserve the title.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.