Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jhonny Gonzalez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Damn, that was a big punch landed by Nishioka. Gonzalez was winning the fight going into the 3rd round, and he was looking alright in the 3rd too. Then, out of nowhere Gonzalez got nailed with a huge left hand that laid him out. He almost beat the count, but once he got up he was pretty wobbly. No way he makes it out of the round. That's an upset there.
EirbinX
why does that always happen to him. it's not like he gets cocky in there he just gets caught
kidbazooka1
Never thought much of Jhonny yes he was a good fighter but somehow always came up short and the win over Montiel was a gift IMO.
Abraham P.
Did you guys see Rafael Marquez fight? I don't know if it' s the inactivity or the fact that he fought 3 tremendous wars with Vazques but I saw him a little slower and out of timing.
Mean Mister Mustard
I was curious about that card. Sad to hear Gonzalez got stopped again. The guy has good skills but seems to have very little punch resistance.

I think it was expected to see Marquez slower than usual seeing as how he's been off the shelf for quite a while and he's never been as precise as his brother.

By the way is Israel Vazquez done?
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 24 2009, 03:47 PM) *
I was curious about that card. Sad to hear Gonzalez got stopped again. The guy has good skills but seems to have very little punch resistance.

I think it was expected to see Marquez slower than usual seeing as how he's been off the shelf for quite a while and he's never been as precise as his brother.

By the way is Israel Vazquez done?

From what i've heard Vasquez is expecting to get cleared and get a fight by October.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 24 2009, 03:51 PM) *
From what i've heard Vasquez is expecting to get cleared and get a fight by October.

that wouldnt surprise me....
BigG
I saw the fight and Jhonny was winning until he got hit with a great left hand. I like Jhonny but it's also cool to see another champion out of Japan.
D-MARV
Didn't see it yet... Can anyone post it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.