Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ok guys.....Who is going to beat Lyoto Machida?
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
BigG
?

He is the closest thing to unbeatable right now, IMO...might be the best fighter P4P
Saigon
I agree nobody at LHW can beat Machida at this time. He should definitely get consideration on the P4P rankings but I still believe the throne belong's to Fedor Emelianenko.
pcraw
I don't give him the best P4P status yet, but good question. He's going to be tough to deal with.
Box in Hand
The only one I can see is Anderson Silva if he chooses to stay at Light Heavy after the Griffin fight. He has the speed and power to win and even he maybe over his head.
JLUVBABY
i thought evans fought the wrong fight last night.. i thought he would have bulled machida but damn!!!! he got two pieced...lol.... not sure he can win but rampage jackson would fight him the way i think a fighter will have to fight him to have the best chance to beat him... and again that may not do the trick... machida is a big man for lt. heavy... he looks like a small heavyweight...
The CEO
QUOTE (pcraw @ May 24 2009, 10:38 AM) *
I don't give him the best P4P status yet, but good question. He's going to be tough to deal with.

I'm with this...he's Top 10....but ain't no way Top 5....
Saigon
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 24 2009, 10:46 AM) *
i thought evans fought the wrong fight last night.. i thought he would have bulled machida but damn!!!! he got two pieced...lol.... not sure he can win but rampage jackson would fight him the way i think a fighter will have to fight him to have the best chance to beat him... and again that may not do the trick... machida is a big man for lt. heavy... he looks like a small heavyweight...

Evans had the right game plan. Machida is a counter striker and in this fight Machida was moving forward the whole time while Rashad was countering. Thiago Silva tried to stock Machida and he got blown away. Lyoto is just that good!

As for Rampage I think he only has a puncher's chance. He is to one dimensional. He just uses his hands and looks for that big knockout. Machida is better on the ground, better wrestler and a more 3 dimensional striker. Rampage pretty much does not stand a chance unless he lands that one big shot. Otherwise he loses in all aspects of MMA.

Bill The Butcher
Noone will beat Machida.

BoNzAi!

Seriously, he's an awesome counter striker. Elusive. Unfortunately for his opponents, he has a solid chin as well. Great take down defense. And if he needs to, he has the strength to toss people around. He just lulls his opponents by keeping a safe distance, feints, and does an occasional kick, one mistake from his opponent, he unleashes a barrage of punches. This guy is the real deal. He will be champ for a while.

Notice his speed and skill with his kicks? There was a couple of times where he would kick to the leg with his right leg, and then quickly do a high kick to the head with his left leg. That's money right there.

BigG
I believe Anderson Silva has the best chance but they are training partners and Anderson has stated before that they aren't gonna fight.

I really can't see him losing at all unless he gots to HW and fights Fedor..lol
Box in Hand
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ May 24 2009, 05:19 PM) *
I believe Anderson Silva has the best chance but they are training partners and Anderson has stated before that they aren't gonna fight.

I really can't see him losing at all unless he gots to HW and fights Fedor..lol

Amen.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Saigon @ May 24 2009, 11:25 AM) *
Evans had the right game plan. Machida is a counter striker and in this fight Machida was moving forward the whole time while Rashad was countering. Thiago Silva tried to stock Machida and he got blown away. Lyoto is just that good!

As for Rampage I think he only has a puncher's chance. He is to one dimensional. He just uses his hands and looks for that big knockout. Machida is better on the ground, better wrestler and a more 3 dimensional striker. Rampage pretty much does not stand a chance unless he lands that one big shot. Otherwise he loses in all aspects of MMA.

the reason i say rampage is because even tho thiago silva got blasted out it takes a controlled aggresion to counter machidas style.. again rampage may not be able to get there neither but from what i can see that is gonna be the kind of style to take him down.. in my opinion... but i also agree i dont see anyone beating him and he may prove too big for silvia if they where to fight...
thehype
QUOTE (Bill The Butcher @ May 24 2009, 01:52 PM) *
Noone will beat Machida.

BoNzAi!

Seriously, he's an awesome counter striker. Elusive. Unfortunately for his opponents, he has a solid chin as well. Great take down defense. And if he needs to, he has the strength to toss people around. He just lulls his opponents by keeping a safe distance, feints, and does an occasional kick, one mistake from his opponent, he unleashes a barrage of punches. This guy is the real deal. He will be champ for a while.

Notice his speed and skill with his kicks? There was a couple of times where he would kick to the leg with his right leg, and then quickly do a high kick to the head with his left leg. That's money right there.

I gotta agree 100% with this post. It'll be very, very, very tough for anyone to beat him.
JLUVBABY
something else machida has charisma...lol... i loved his interview after the fight... "karate is back!!!!"...lol
AussieLad
Just an awesome win. The first round was fairly uneventful for the first 3 or 4 minutes as i was expecting. But then i also didnt expect machida to press the action as much as he did in the 2nd. Cerainly didnt expect such a comprehensive KO that early in the fight. Figured there would be at least 3 or 4 rounds of circling, both guys trying to counter.

No-one in the UFC beats machida at light heavy at the moment, except if Silva makes a move up. Silva is the only guy with striking that is good enough to beat machida, but victory is by no means certain for either guy. Again its counter striker vs counter striker.

Machida enters the p4p, he needs more wins to move into the top 5, but on talent alone he is definitely top 10

I want to see Evans vs Rampage. Rampage mustnt be too happy machida won, its a much tougher match for him. But rampage vs evans is a hell of a fight given the rivalry between camps after rampage beat jardine. But rampage will get a shot at machida next, so after he loses maybe that will set up the fight.

Happy that hughes won his match against matt the mouth serra. If hughes pursues a rematch with GSP or the pitbull he will get stopped again though. He is done as an elite fighter. Pretty much a solid win over serra though, the only decent strikes serra landed was the headbutt and the follow up shots while hughes was still reeling.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (AussieLad @ May 26 2009, 06:21 AM) *
Just an awesome win. The first round was fairly uneventful for the first 3 or 4 minutes as i was expecting. But then i also didnt expect machida to press the action as much as he did in the 2nd. Cerainly didnt expect such a comprehensive KO that early in the fight. Figured there would be at least 3 or 4 rounds of circling, both guys trying to counter.

No-one in the UFC beats machida at light heavy at the moment, except if Silva makes a move up. Silva is the only guy with striking that is good enough to beat machida, but victory is by no means certain for either guy. Again its counter striker vs counter striker.

Machida enters the p4p, he needs more wins to move into the top 5, but on talent alone he is definitely top 10

I want to see Evans vs Rampage. Rampage mustnt be too happy machida won, its a much tougher match for him. But rampage vs evans is a hell of a fight given the rivalry between camps after rampage beat jardine. But rampage will get a shot at machida next, so after he loses maybe that will set up the fight.

Happy that hughes won his match against matt the mouth serra. If hughes pursues a rematch with GSP or the pitbull he will get stopped again though. He is done as an elite fighter. Pretty much a solid win over serra though, the only decent strikes serra landed was the headbutt and the follow up shots while hughes was still reeling.

i was talking about evans vs. rampage today.. my co worker thinks evans is too fast for rampage but you know you never know.. i think rampage has a very good shot against him... depending on rampages surgery we might see him in next against machida... win or lose i dont think rampage sets back like evans... we will find out quick the outcome i believe....
fistofthundEER
I think the best shot right now would be Shogun. But not bad cardio, UFC Shogun. I need the return of Pride middleweight Tourney 05 Shogun. The Shogun that beat Lil Nog, Rampage, Overeem, Arona etc. He had a motor that wouldn't quit. He was very technical and made few mistakes. Machida seems to exploit mistakes that his opponents make. Shogun in his prime, made none. If he could find that mojo again.....he would be my pick to take Lyoto.
Romulus9
Well, we'll soon find out. Machida gets Shogun next. But you're right, if old Shogun comes back, e can deal with Machida. If it's current Shogun, he's as much of a long shot as the rest of the contenders at light heavyweight.

Still, I'd be interested to see Rampage take his shot. I'd certainly take him over Griffin in a rematch sans excessive front leg kicks, and he'll take care of Evans at the end of the next Ultimate Fighter season.
fistofthundEER
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ May 30 2009, 05:13 PM) *
Well, we'll soon find out. Machida gets Shogun next. But you're right, if old Shogun comes back, e can deal with Machida. If it's current Shogun, he's as much of a long shot as the rest of the contenders at light heavyweight.

Still, I'd be interested to see Rampage take his shot. I'd certainly take him over Griffin in a rematch sans excessive front leg kicks, and he'll take care of Evans at the end of the next Ultimate Fighter season.

Rampage would be a good test for him. Rampage has shown poor clinch work in the past (Silva 1& 2, Shogun) Lyoto trains at Blackhouse with Anderson Silva so Im sure his clinch is pretty solid. Lyoto's leg kicks, Brazilian kicks, and counters from probing range would probably be able to keep Rampage away. If Page could get inside and use his superior wrestling though without getting carved up with knees and elbows he could probably out muscle Machida for sure.
Romulus9
QUOTE (fistofthundEER @ May 31 2009, 04:28 PM) *
Rampage would be a good test for him. Rampage has shown poor clinch work in the past (Silva 1& 2, Shogun) Lyoto trains at Blackhouse with Anderson Silva so Im sure his clinch is pretty solid. Lyoto's leg kicks, Brazilian kicks, and counters from probing range would probably be able to keep Rampage away. If Page could get inside and use his superior wrestling though without getting carved up with knees and elbows he could probably out muscle Machida for sure.

Griffin took care of it with front leg kicks ALONE. What a bizarre fight that was.
Warlord
Let's wait and see how Machida deals with Shogun before we all start sucking his cock. Alot of guys swinging from Lyoto's nutsack were the same cats picking Rashad Evans to beat him just several days earlier.
TheGrimm
IMO it will take a very good sensational striker(i.e. pre-UFC shogun) or a powerful one-punch KO striker(Rampage) to take Machida out. I'm real exited for the machida - rua fight as i am a big fan of both fighters, but i seriously doubt rua's cardio as we only saw him in one round against liddell. if rua gets his cardio back and strikes like he did before, he's definitely gonna give machida a run for his money.
Warlord
QUOTE (TheGrimm @ Jul 28 2009, 04:58 PM) *
IMO it will take a very good sensational striker(i.e. pre-UFC shogun) or a powerful one-punch KO striker(Rampage) to take Machida out. I'm real exited for the machida - rua fight as i am a big fan of both fighters, but i seriously doubt rua's cardio as we only saw him in one round against liddell. if rua gets his cardio back and strikes like he did before, he's definitely gonna give machida a run for his money.

Welcome to the forums, Grimm.

Rua's cardio is going to be the key to this fight. If he shows up in-shape, he wins. If he doesn't, he'll get sub'ed or possibly even stopped around RD 3.

Machida could not handle the pressure of the Pride version of Shogun. Sadly, as a result of time and injury, that fighter may be gone forever. Chute Boxe fighters typically have short lifespans in the ring, due to the full-throttle style of training they're put through. (Pele, Ninja, and Wanderlei being good examples.)

I hope Shogun can put it together though. This Machida nut-hugging is getting sickening.
AussieLad
LOL, reference me a fight where machida was struggling with the pressure of an opponent.

Shogun was awesome, but i think he would struggle to maintain pressure against someone as elusive and good at picking his spots as machida.

I dont necessarily think machida beats that version of shogun, but i do think someone on this board likes to nuthug fighters just because they fought in pride
Warlord
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jul 31 2009, 08:20 AM) *
LOL, reference me a fight where machida was struggling with the pressure of an opponent.

Shogun was awesome, but i think he would struggle to maintain pressure against someone as elusive and good at picking his spots as machida.

I dont necessarily think machida beats that version of shogun, but i do think someone on this board likes to nuthug fighters just because they fought in pride

Reference me a fight where Machida had to face a fighter who could, or was willing, to pressure him the way Mauricio Rua pressures opponents. The closest he's ever come is with Tito Ortiz. And Tito, at this point in his career, just isn't a complete enough fighter to do what it takes to beat a guy like Machida.

Between being a Pride nuthugger or UFC nuthugger, I'd happily choose the former. But the reality is, I'm just an MMA nuthugger. Liking Pride isn't a sin, is it? They produced the best fighters in the world.

Whatever though. Shit-talkers can eat a dick, know what I'm saying?
AussieLad
QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 1 2009, 05:47 AM) *
Reference me a fight where Machida had to face a fighter who could, or was willing, to pressure him the way Mauricio Rua pressures opponents. The closest he's ever come is with Tito Ortiz. And Tito, at this point in his career, just isn't a complete enough fighter to do what it takes to beat a guy like Machida.

Between being a Pride nuthugger or UFC nuthugger, I'd happily choose the former. But the reality is, I'm just an MMA nuthugger. Liking Pride isn't a sin, is it? They produced the best fighters in the world.

Whatever though. Shit-talkers can eat a dick, know what I'm saying?

So what your saying is your a dick eater... fair enough. Each to his own

dntknw.gif

The point is that Machidas style is very unique, and hard to replicate at the same level at which he utilizes it. It would be largely untested waters for shogun having to chase a guy that maintains his distance, refuses to engage recklessly, picks his spots and masks his shots as well as the dragon does. Whereas what shogun will do is try and pressure machida... which is what everyone does. Shogun may do it better than the rest, but its hardly going to be something that lyoto hasnt seen before

Anyway, shogun will get his shot, he will come in much better condition than he did in his ufc debut... he will get beaten, and you can whine about the good old days in pride where shogun wins because of nostalgia

enjoy fuck.gif
Warlord
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 1 2009, 06:03 AM) *
So what your saying is your a dick eater... fair enough. Each to his own

dntknw.gif

The point is that Machidas style is very unique, and hard to replicate at the same level at which he utilizes it. It would be largely untested waters for shogun having to chase a guy that maintains his distance, refuses to engage recklessly, picks his spots and masks his shots as well as the dragon does. Whereas what shogun will do is try and pressure machida... which is what everyone does. Shogun may do it better than the rest, but its hardly going to be something that lyoto hasnt seen before

Anyway, shogun will get his shot, he will come in much better condition than he did in his ufc debut... he will get beaten, and you can whine about the good old days in pride where shogun wins because of nostalgia

enjoy fuck.gif

Actually I would consider a dick-eater to be the one making shit personal and hurling insults because no one agrees with his/her opinion.

Whatever though.
AussieLad
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 2 2009, 07:11 AM) *
Let's wait and see how Machida deals with Shogun before we all start sucking his cock. Alot of guys swinging from Lyoto's nutsack were the same cats picking Rashad Evans to beat him just several days earlier.

Exactly, the dick eater is the guy that started slinging insults first..... rolleyes_anim.gif i am glad you agree. Now off you go and scrape some dudes cheese off with your tonsils
Warlord
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 2 2009, 04:08 AM) *
Exactly, the dick eater is the guy that started slinging insults first..... rolleyes_anim.gif i am glad you agree. Now off you go and scrape some dudes cheese off with your tonsils

I don't recall referencing anyone by name with my post. In fact, I think it was a pretty broad and general statement. If you were the first one to get offended by a post about my looking down on cock suckers, then chances are you are, well, a cocksucker. Right? So, in the words of Les Grossman, how about I send you a hobo's dick cheese? In the mean time and as usual, go fuck yourself.
AussieLad
Actually, i picked machida over evans, so i wasn't offended by your insults. So wrong again for the piss ant warlord. However, i figured if this guy doesnt care who he is dishing shit at... well he must be man enough to take it. Unfortunately all it seems you can take are dicks up the arse.... lol. And please, you can keep your collection of hobo dick cheese to yourself
Warlord
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 2 2009, 05:00 AM) *
Actually, i picked machida over evans, so i wasn't offended by your insults. So wrong again for the piss ant warlord. However, i figured if this guy doesnt care who he is dishing shit at... well he must be man enough to take it. Unfortunately all it seems you can take are dicks up the arse.... lol. And please, you can keep your collection of hobo dick cheese to yourself

Lame.
AussieLad
Whats lame is a dude who can dish shit but can't take it... and that would be you
Warlord
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 4 2009, 03:41 AM) *
Whats lame is a dude who can dish shit but can't take it... and that would be you

That the best you can come up with, Betty? Really?
AussieLad
Mate its not like your posts could be mistaken for oscar wilde witicisms, apart from the innate homosexuality underpinning every word
Warlord
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 5 2009, 03:45 AM) *
Mate its not like your posts could be mistaken for oscar wilde witicisms, apart from the innate homosexuality underpinning every word

Yawn.
AussieLad
Your not really tired warlord... your on the ropes and semiconscious... lol

You see i've been testing a theory, that your ego cannot let you leave the thread not having the last word. So, even when you know your wrong, and got nothing left, you come on here posting single syllable responses. Thank you for confirming my diagnosis, you may now remove the thermometer from your rectum and leave the doctors office
Warlord
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 5 2009, 04:16 PM) *
Your not really tired warlord... your on the ropes and semiconscious... lol

You see i've been testing a theory, that your ego cannot let you leave the thread not having the last word. So, even when you know your wrong, and got nothing left, you come on here posting single syllable responses. Thank you for confirming my diagnosis, you may now remove the thermometer from your rectum and leave the doctors office

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
thehype
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 2 2009, 03:11 AM) *

laugh.gif

Good ol' Warlord...always the first to bring up cock sucking and nut swinging.

laugh.gif

I'll take Machida over Rua.
The CEO
lol...Aussie and Warlord need to stop playin' grab ass and go post their thoughts on the fights tonight (in the UFC 101 thread)...

We have several, knowledgable MMA fans here....this section should be more active...let's work as a team to get it goin'....
AussieLad
lol... but i have to grab warlords ass... because his dicks so small and i forgot to bring my tweezers
Warlord
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 8 2009, 06:09 PM) *
lol... but i have to grab warlords ass... because his dicks so small and i forgot to bring my tweezers

I haven't found a post of yours yet that isn't charged with homo-erotic imagery. It disturbs me.
Warlord
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 8 2009, 04:19 PM) *
laugh.gif

Good ol' Warlord...always the first to bring up cock sucking and nut swinging.

Fighthype's rampant with it. What do you expect?

Anyway, it sure seems to get Aussiefag's juces flowing.

I'll take Machida over Rua.

That might be a good pick. It all depends on what Shogun does.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.