Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFC Undisputed
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
The CEO
I made this thread for those who have the game or want to know about it....I know Hype's got it...and we're both in agreeance that it....is....AWESOME.

The only problem I have with it right now is that bitches are quitting right when they're about to lose in the Online Multiplayer....like right when they get knocked out cold...or right when you're about to get that final stretch on the submission....they quit before it registers, and the entire match is considered "invalid".

I have like a .500 win/loss percentage right now....should be at .750 or higher....I take my losses.....I was beating this guy who was a level 24 and was undefeated...like 22-0 or something....I was a level 1....and right before I pinched his shit off in the guillotine in the final round...he quit.....and I got 0 credit for all my hard work...

It's very, VERY frustrating....surely they can fix this in an update or something....

The Career Mode is very deep (training, emails, appearances, sponsors, et cetera) and ain't no cake walk....my created character messed around and got KOed by Heath Herring yesterday...lol...

The Classic Fights Mode is very fun too....they give you in an depth background (in real video) of the matchups and promos in case you don't know the history....this was the first mode I played in...because I couldn't wait to hurt Hughes with GSP and Liddell with Jackson and so on....

Overall....if you like any kind of true Combat Sports games.....this one's for you.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 24 2009, 11:26 AM) *
I made this thread for those who have the game or want to know about it....I know Hype's got it...and we're both in agreeance that it....is....AWESOME.

The only problem I have with it right now is that bitches are quitting right when they're about to lose in the Online Multiplayer....like right when they get knocked out cold...or right when you're about to get that final stretch on the submission....they quit before it registers, and the entire match is considered "invalid".

I have like a .500 win/loss percentage right now....should be at .750 or higher....I take my losses.....I was beating this guy who was a level 24 and was undefeated...like 22-0 or something....I was a level 1....and right before I pinched his shit off in the guillotine in the final round...he quit.....and I got 0 credit for all my hard work...

It's very, VERY frustrating....surely they can fix this in an update or something....

The Career Mode is very deep (training, emails, appearances, sponsors, et cetera) and ain't no cake walk....my created character messed around and got KOed by Heath Herring yesterday...lol...

The Classic Fights Mode is very fun too....they give you in an depth background (in real video) of the matchups and promos in case you don't know the history....this was the first mode I played in...because I couldn't wait to hurt Hughes with GSP and Liddell with Jackson and so on....

Overall....if you like any kind of true Combat Sports games.....this one's for you.

ceo this game is on my list of games to buy along with fnr4... cant wait for it too.. and i want punch out for the wii...lol... thats gonna be fun too... what game system do you have it for ceo?.. 360 or ps3?.. i have the ps3...
The CEO
PS3 here too...this game gets you involved, bro...when you win a hard fought battle, you feel like you're on top of the world.....and when someone dominates you and knocks you out cold, you go to the nearest pool and start drinking yourself to death....lol...it's GREAT.
JLUVBABY
fighters for fnr4...

found this online and thought i'd share it... interesting peice on the game...
thehype
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

9-0 in career mode baby....but damn, I can't sprawl worth shit. Every now and then I get it, but for the most part, I get taken down with ease. WTF am I doing wrong? I'm pushing back in the opposite direction with the right stick...do you have to rotate it as well like you do when you're attempting a takedown? Maybe it's just because my takedown defense isn't that high...I think it's only on 40. Frankie Edgar was taking me down at will...damn near won the fight until I blasted his ass with a left elbow in the third that put him to sleep for good. Whew...that was a close one...the undefeated record stay intact. LOL.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (thehype @ May 26 2009, 02:25 PM) *
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

9-0 in career mode baby....but damn, I can't sprawl worth shit. Every now and then I get it, but for the most part, I get taken down with ease. WTF am I doing wrong? I'm pushing back in the opposite direction with the right stick...do you have to rotate it as well like you do when you're attempting a takedown? Maybe it's just because my takedown defense isn't that high...I think it's only on 40. Frankie Edgar was taking me down at will...damn near won the fight until I blasted his ass with a left elbow in the third that put him to sleep for good. Whew...that was a close one...the undefeated record stay intact. LOL.

ceo imma have to go get that game... once i get my wireless network set back up imma get with you... i'll be your pigeon...lol...
The CEO
QUOTE (thehype @ May 26 2009, 03:25 PM) *
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That's a good start....I personally looked totally past Heath Herring and paid for it....lol

and I'm pretty sure you gotta rotate the right stick in a circle as fast as you can (either which way) when you're fighting for or against the takedown....

Let me know when you get set up, jluv.....I promise I won't rub the wins in....I'll be like a cool ass trainer whippin' your ass to make you better....lol
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 26 2009, 09:29 PM) *
That's a good start....I personally looked totally past Heath Herring and paid for it....lol

and I'm pretty sure you gotta rotate the right stick in a circle as fast as you can (either which way) when you're fighting for or against the takedown....

Let me know when you get set up, jluv.....I promise I won't rub the wins in....I'll be like a cool ass trainer whippin' your ass to make you better....lol

thats a bet ceo as long as you get fight night round 4.. imma ass whipper in that game...lol...
The CEO
Oh you KNOW I'm gettin' Round 4....that was gonna be my next game I bought....but then this Undisputed came out, and I couldn't resist....

I had Round 3 for while, but I ended up trading it in for something else....I'd say I was "above average" at it....we'll play both...friends.gif
thehype
Now I'm 10-0...Gray Maynard got blasted with a left kick to the head. Good night. LOL. About to get a title shot. Finally reached BJJ level 2. Took me a while to learn the transitions, but I got 'em down now.
Thorgear
To counter a takedown you just have to push back on the right joy stick! Notice your fighters hands looking for the underhooks when you do this. If you do it soon enough you'll stuff the takedown. If you do it to late and the fighter trying the take down has better TAKE DOWN OFFENSE then your TAKEDOWN D you'll lose everytime. Frankie Edgar has decent takedown offense so you having a 40 TD won't help much. I had the same issue with Hughes until i got my TDD past 75 then it got a bit easier but it's still about timing it.

Thorgear
How do you choose to fight a friend online? do you have to use the Xbox button and invite friend to game? wish the online feature had a query of people looking to play like MADDEN does.
thehype
QUOTE (Thorgear @ May 27 2009, 03:35 PM) *
To counter a takedown you just have to push back on the right joy stick! Notice your fighters hands looking for the underhooks when you do this. If you do it soon enough you'll stuff the takedown. If you do it to late and the fighter trying the take down has better TAKE DOWN OFFENSE then your TAKEDOWN D you'll lose everytime. Frankie Edgar has decent takedown offense so you having a 40 TD won't help much. I had the same issue with Hughes until i got my TDD past 75 then it got a bit easier but it's still about timing it.

Thanks for the tip. I figured it was probably because of low takedown score. I gotta step my game in sparring...I need to get way more points to allocate. Any advice on how to rack up the points in sparring?
The CEO
QUOTE (Thorgear @ May 27 2009, 03:35 PM) *

QUOTE (Thorgear @ May 27 2009, 03:38 PM) *
How do you choose to fight a friend online? do you have to use the Xbox button and invite friend to game? wish the online feature had a query of people looking to play like MADDEN does.

Cool name and welcome...

Yeah...IF you push back early enough, you'll sprawl them down....but I've fought off takedowns during the struggle all the time with the rotations I mentioned (in the disadvantaged situation you're talking about)....it even says to "rotate" to fight for or against the takedown in the instruction manual....

As far as inviting friends...I believe you create a session and hit start or something at the player select screen....I haven't invited anyone yet...but I was messing around and hit a button one day and noticed an "INVITE" option...
thehype
QUOTE (Thorgear @ May 27 2009, 03:38 PM) *

Good question...I haven't actually tried it online yet. I thought there was an option Play Online on the menu screen as you're scrolling through Career, Exhibition, etc. I'll have to take a look when I get home...I just jumped right into career mode as soon as I unwrapped the game. LOL.
thehype
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 27 2009, 04:11 PM) *
Yeah...IF you push back early enough, you'll sprawl them down....but I've fought off takedowns during the struggle all the time with the rotations I mentioned (in the disadvantaged situation you're talking about)....it even says to "rotate" to fight for or against the takedown in the instruction manual....

Yeah...I just do both...I try to push back immediately and then I just start rotating like crazy. LOL.
The CEO
QUOTE (thehype @ May 27 2009, 04:13 PM) *
Yeah...I just do both...I try to push back immediately and then I just start rotating like crazy. LOL.

I think my right thumb has finally gotten into game shape...it was was deep bruised and sore the first five days...lol

Supposedly...some people have "turbo" controllers that makes the submitting people real easy....I believe it....a few days ago, this one dude pulled off a flying armbar at the very beginning of the match on me...I was at full health and stamina....yet he made me tap...

unsure.gif
Thorgear
Yeh well if their is a TURBO tap button thats just cheese to me! I was submitted pretty fast online the other night and I couldn't believe it cause besides taping the buttons like a mad man and not being damaged at all I have a 80 submission Defense! so maybe thats how he did it.

I will lokk again for a invite option but (I work right now lol) but If i remember right it just has Ranked, Player, Customize matchs. I haven't looked at the Player match option cause I would rather play a friend in a ranked match.

Yeh rotating the right stick helps, I know it helps counter submissions like tapping the buttons does. I have noticed it's easy to submit in the second RD and later.

A little rant about the game real quick .. WHAT THE HELL! why dosen't the cage come into play at all????/
Like during a takedown! being forced into the cage happens all the time in real fights! it seems like a BIG mistake to leave out cage interaction considering it takes place in a cage!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 26 2009, 10:52 PM) *
Oh you KNOW I'm gettin' Round 4....that was gonna be my next game I bought....but then this Undisputed came out, and I couldn't resist....

I had Round 3 for while, but I ended up trading it in for something else....I'd say I was "above average" at it....we'll play both...friends.gif

fer shizzle....lol
fistofthundEER
It is about as close to perfect as it can be! I have it for PS3 and yesterday finally won the LH belt from Liddell (KO Rd1) and successfully defended it once against Evans. Anyone who doesn't have it should purchase it ASAP. Now cant wait for Fight Night!
Method
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 27 2009, 04:22 PM) *
I think my right thumb has finally gotten into game shape...it was was deep bruised and sore the first five days...lol

Supposedly...some people have "turbo" controllers that makes the submitting people real easy....I believe it....a few days ago, this one dude pulled off a flying armbar at the very beginning of the match on me...I was at full health and stamina....yet he made me tap...

unsure.gif

LOFL. I got one of those controllers. Bought it off of E*Bay.

I was beating this guy who was a level 24 and was undefeated...like 22-0 or something....I was a level 1....and right before I pinched his shit off in the guillotine in the final round...he quit.....and I got 0 credit for all my hard work...

That's probably why he was undefeated.

I have the game but haven't yet unlocked it's true potential. Been playing w nephews as Brock Lesnar and just knockong these mf'ers the fck out. Basically punching only, w some in close rough housing. No ground game or grappling skills to speak of, let alone counter defense technique.
The CEO
Most of that other stuff ain't that hard to learn...after a few hours of solid play, you get the hang of it....the counter defense starts coming naturally...there's probably a few VERY advanced moves/techniques I still haven't learned though...

All in all...it's a really well made game...they've fixed the quitting issue...so if someone disconnects, they get punished for it...the Did Not Finish % thing...

Now if only they wouldn't allow turbo controllers....lol.....I just want a fair fight...

Feel me, JLUV?
Method
Just buy one, dude.

They're here to stay. Its like cops having 9mm's and crooks having uzi's.
rusty_trombone
what is this "turbo controller" you speak of? why am I still using my busted ass regular ps3 controller?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 17 2009, 02:06 PM) *
Most of that other stuff ain't that hard to learn...after a few hours of solid play, you get the hang of it....the counter defense starts coming naturally...there's probably a few VERY advanced moves/techniques I still haven't learned though...

All in all...it's a really well made game...they've fixed the quitting issue...so if someone disconnects, they get punished for it...the Did Not Finish % thing...

Now if only they wouldn't allow turbo controllers....lol.....I just want a fair fight...

Feel me, JLUV?

I bet JLuv's cousin was using a turbo controller when he whooped your ass.
The CEO
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Aug 21 2009, 08:37 PM) *
I bet JLuv's cousin was using a turbo controller when he whooped your ass.

I wouldn't doubt it...in the very first fight, I was Dan Henderson vs. his cousin's Forrest Griffin....he got my guy in a guillotine less than a minute into the game and choked him out...

My guy was at full health and stamina. It was some bullshit....
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 22 2009, 08:22 AM) *
I wouldn't doubt it...in the very first fight, I was Dan Henderson vs. his cousin's Forrest Griffin....he got my guy in a guillotine less than a minute into the game and choked him out...

My guy was at full health and stamina. It was some bullshit....

well, maybe you just suck
The CEO
I don't suck...I'm above average...

Anyone that knows the game knows it's bullshit to get subbed if you're fighting against it with full health and stamina...

You should get the game so I can beat your ass for sayin' I might suck....
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 24 2009, 06:36 PM) *
I don't suck...I'm above average...

Anyone that knows the game knows it's bullshit to get subbed if you're fighting against it with full health and stamina...

You should get the game so I can beat your ass for sayin' I might suck....

I've never played any of the MMA games. I'm playing NCAA 2010 right now. Sticking it to bitches with my boys at Oregon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.