Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mike tyson
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
tysons daughter on life support

i sure hate to see the guy going through this... love him or hate him what ever you think of the guy he seemed he was finally getting his life in order to have this happen to him... he's been sober and money being made off movies etc.... i hope this doesnt take him off the wagon if his daughter doesnt make it... i really wish he would have had more people around him that cared during and after his career was over.. i know most of his problems is his own doings but we all need to have at least someone that gives a damn about us...
STEVENSKI
Damm that is sad. I may hate on fighters but I would not genuinely wish them or their families any harm. I hope she gets better.
JonnyBlaze
I hope things get better for her..Tyson is finally getting everything together for himself..
JaRaNDa
Horrible to read that, hope she is alright! It's a shame Tyson has to go through this now!
D-MARV
Praying that she pulls through.
D-MARV
She didn't make it...

Very Sad.
torvix2000
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 26 2009, 01:37 PM) *
She didn't make it...

Very Sad.

It's true. It's so sad!
Method
Where are you seeing she didn't make it?
Method
Never heard of that site, and that's the only one reporting it...HOPE to hell they're wrong.
Spyder
Same.

The whole situation just sucks.
iron_mike
Is that link b.s.? I haven't seen anywhere else that confirmed she died
JonnyBlaze
My girl once showed me one of Tyson's daughters on Tyra Banks' show..The one on that show said she had major weight problems that obviously came from Mike..She looked exactly like him but was a girl..

This is really sad she didn't make it..I also hope this isn't true..We'll see..
D-MARV
all the major news outlets are saying that she is STILL ALIVE.
JLUVBABY
well if she has or does pass i hope he has people around him now that are genuine friends and will help him through this... i always loved the guy as a fighter (dont know him away from the ring of course) but i always felt for the guy and just hoped he would eventually get his life and finances together... a child passing would be enough to send any man over the edge... if it is true i hope he has good suportive friends in his life now... its a site to see him at the fights now with one of his kids in tow... it seems to me like he is triing to be a good father...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 26 2009, 09:04 PM) *
..She looked exactly like him but was a girl..

Good god!
Method
Being reported everywhere that they took her off life support. RIP.

Tragic.

Man, I hope Mike can get through this. God be with him.
BigG
RIP Exodus Tyson.

Prayers go out to her, Mike, and the Tyson family.
Method
Maybe we could hook up an Exodus Tyson fund. Everyone kick whatever they can, just a token, to let the Iron Mike know that we support him during this difficult time. Hype?
King Eugene
QUOTE (Method @ May 26 2009, 08:23 PM) *
Maybe we could hook up an Exodus Tyson fund. Everyone kick whatever they can, just a token, to let the Iron Mike know that we support him during this difficult time. Hype?

I'm with it...just give me all the info needed.

Damn I hate to hear this about good ol Mike.
JLUVBABY
i'm in on that.. tho i seriously doubt money is needed more than some type of card or that type of thing... contrary to popular belief mike is far from broke... but if there where a way to let him know that as fans there are people that care for his well being and that of his family in this time of grief then i am all for it...
Method
Yeah, man, it has nothing to do w the money, to be honest.
STEVENSKI
Maybe Hype could set up some type of E card & we could just add our names to show we are thinking about his family & him during this time?
D-MARV
Im In!!!!
JonnyBlaze
RIP Exodus..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Method @ May 26 2009, 08:09 PM) *
Yeah, man, it has nothing to do w the money, to be honest.

im with it either way.. was just saying that i doubt the money is needed.. i have followed mike throughout his entire career and one thing he has always been adomant about is he never thought he actually had fans or people that cared about his well being... some type of sympathy card from the fight hype web site with all members that post to me would be more valuable than any money we could ever send send his family... names and heart felt condolances to me is the way to go... just my thought on it but if its money set up the account and im in...
JaRaNDa
That is some sad news to read! Hope Mike can get through this very tough time!! All thye best to Tyson and his family!
Romulus9
How heartbreaking. I got the news in a text message from ESPN alerts. Heart really goes out to Mike and that family.
Romulus9
Just a thought here. Take it or leave it.

It was mentioned that money really isn't the object here. Tyson has money. We just would like to make some sort of gesture.

Forget the ear biting and the weird soundbytes. Think about how many fans of this sport were created because of the Tyson mystique that was created in 1986 and still resounds today. Think about all of the great things that have happened in, and to, this sport because of Tyson.

Guys we all know about fallen fighters. There have been so many that have been destroyed and have nothing as a result. I'd love to see some type of e-Card for Mike and family. That'd be a good gesture for sure. But in terms of something monetary, how about a collection of donations that can be split and given to a few of the fallen fighters of the past who have funds to either assist with their care, or have something set up in their honor. For instance, the Diego Corrales Foundation and the funds for Gerald McClellan and Wilfred Benitez. I know McClellan and Benitez are in dire straits and Diego's foundation is a great cause. The Atlas Foundation would be another nice one. Take those 4, say we get $500 together. It seems small, but each place would get 125, and it would be given from the members at Fighthype.com in the memory of Exodus Tyson.

Thought I'd throw the idea out there.
Method
There ya go.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 26 2009, 11:36 PM) *
im with it either way.. was just saying that i doubt the money is needed.. i have followed mike throughout his entire career and one thing he has always been adomant about is he never thought he actually had fans or people that cared about his well being... some type of sympathy card from the fight hype web site with all members that post to me would be more valuable than any money we could ever send send his family... names and heart felt condolances to me is the way to go... just my thought on it but if its money set up the account and im in...

Thats a great idea i think that would mean a lot to Mike.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ May 26 2009, 11:11 PM) *
I know McClellan and Benitez are in dire straits and Diego's foundation is a great cause. The Atlas Foundation would be another nice one. Take those 4, say we get $500 together. It seems small, but each place would get 125, and it would be given from the members at Fighthype.com in the memory of Exodus Tyson.

This is a great idea.
KookedKrack
whatever you guys decide to do I'm in.....
Lil-lightsout
Never a Tyson fan coming up, but I really root for him these days due to all the people that used and hurt him in the past. Seriously, who were Tyson's real friends all the years during his boxing career. Was anyone really looking out for him?

Anyway, as a parent of two little boys, I can not even imagine what he is going through right now. And I truly hope he will be alright and make it through this horrible time. Hang in there Mike.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ May 26 2009, 11:11 PM) *
Just a thought here. Take it or leave it.

It was mentioned that money really isn't the object here. Tyson has money. We just would like to make some sort of gesture.

Forget the ear biting and the weird soundbytes. Think about how many fans of this sport were created because of the Tyson mystique that was created in 1986 and still resounds today. Think about all of the great things that have happened in, and to, this sport because of Tyson.

Guys we all know about fallen fighters. There have been so many that have been destroyed and have nothing as a result. I'd love to see some type of e-Card for Mike and family. That'd be a good gesture for sure. But in terms of something monetary, how about a collection of donations that can be split and given to a few of the fallen fighters of the past who have funds to either assist with their care, or have something set up in their honor. For instance, the Diego Corrales Foundation and the funds for Gerald McClellan and Wilfred Benitez. I know McClellan and Benitez are in dire straits and Diego's foundation is a great cause. The Atlas Foundation would be another nice one. Take those 4, say we get $500 together. It seems small, but each place would get 125, and it would be given from the members at Fighthype.com in the memory of Exodus Tyson.

Thought I'd throw the idea out there.

yeah i'm with this 110%... thats a good idea... who is going to make up the card and how will we go about e-signing it or what not.. i was at work today thinking that it would be nice if we could do something where we all give our own private kind words to mike... if that is possible.. but either way we need someone that has the time to get the e-card set up... as for the fallen fighters i am all for that... maybe we could even set up something where we have regional chapters for such things as helping these guys... i know me and hardhead and a few other guys from my area could get together... wilford scypion a guy that fought marvin hagler for the championship is walking the streets here talking to himself and all fucked off... i'd love to be a part of something that gives back to the guys that have been the center piece of my entertainment for the last damn near 30 years beating on each other... if they need help its the least we could do in my opinion...
xxxxxx
Sad story for Iron Mike. The guy seems to have the worst luck in the world. R.I.P Exodus Tyson.
JLUVBABY
i take it this thread ends here with us doing nothing... does anyone have the time to set up the e-card?... i would love to do it but i am working 7 12's right now.... no time for it but i would love to contribute if someone has the time to get it done... or perhaps we should just do our own thing... if anyone can take the time to find out how to mail a real card that would be cool too..
King Eugene
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 28 2009, 09:45 PM) *
i take it this thread ends here with us doing nothing... does anyone have the time to set up the e-card?... i would love to do it but i am working 7 12's right now.... no time for it but i would love to contribute if someone has the time to get it done... or perhaps we should just do our own thing... if anyone can take the time to find out how to mail a real card that would be cool too..

I could design a card but I wouldn't know where to send it to.
Method
What a bunch of loafers we are....LOFL.

"How many fighthype message boarders does it take to screw in a light bulb?"

(Note: that was a rhetorical question, Jack)
Fitz
QUOTE (Method @ May 29 2009, 11:53 AM) *
(Note: that was a rhetorical question, Jack)

Haha.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 28 2009, 08:50 PM) *
I could design a card but I wouldn't know where to send it to.

well first thing is we need to fond out where to send the e-card... we need to make sure iron man gets it and not some receptionist...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.