Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Bull
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
D-MARV
May 25, 2009 - 1:03pm

BERLIN (AP) - Six German states have told retailers to stop selling Red Bull Cola energy drinks after a test found a trace amount of cocaine.

The bans started Friday after a sample test conducted by authorities in North Rhine-Westphalia state found 0.4 micrograms per liter in the drink.

Five other states also banned it from shops amid concerns over possible narcotics law violations.

Germany's Federal Institute for Risk Assessment said Monday that the cocaine level was too low to pose a health risk. It planned to produce a more detailed report Wednesday.

Red Bull said its cola is "harmless and marketable in both the U.S. and Europe." It said similar coca leaf extracts are used worldwide as flavoring, and a test it commissioned itself found no cocaine traces.

LMAO
STEVENSKI
No wonder I drink 6-10 cans a day then.
The CEO
lol...I had like 2 cans of that shit in my life...didn't even finish the 2nd can....

I don't get that whole "Energy" craze deal. If you wanna get open, snort some real.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 26 2009, 09:08 AM) *
lol...I had like 2 cans of that shit in my life...didn't even finish the 2nd can....

I don't get that whole "Energy" craze deal. If you wanna get open, snort some real.

I'm with ya....that shit tastes like a gotdamn wet vitamin! I don't get the whole "energy" thing either....

What does that say about Americans of today? They are tired and "need energy"......for what?....to wake up, set at a desk or a computer all day, come home and eat, and then sit and watch tv until bed time?

WTF?

Back in the day Americans got their asses up at the butt crack of dawn to take care of their shit.....either animals or to walk 3 miles to school or whatever...and still had shit to do when they got home.

I'm sure those folks could have used some "energy"

I think it speaks volumes about what sad, bloated, lazy, entitled bums most Americans have become. What's even worse is that it displays the typical Americans inability to see past marketing....instead of using common sense as in "I've been feeling tired, perhaps I should attempt to go to sleep at an ealier time, or maybe take a multi-vitamin"....it's "I've been feeling tired...maybe this $3 can of energy will fix me up"

Al Hata

We'll that explains my addiction to Jaega bombs.

Snoop
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ May 26 2009, 04:54 PM) *
I'm with ya....that shit tastes like a gotdamn wet vitamin! I don't get the whole "energy" thing either....

What does that say about Americans of today? They are tired and "need energy"......for what?....to wake up, set at a desk or a computer all day, come home and eat, and then sit and watch tv until bed time?

WTF?

Back in the day Americans got their asses up at the butt crack of dawn to take care of their shit.....either animals or to walk 3 miles to school or whatever...and still had shit to do when they got home.

I think it speaks volumes about what sad, bloated, lazy, entitled bums most Americans have become. What's even worse is that it displays the typical Americans inability to see past marketing....instead of using common sense as in "I've been feeling tired, perhaps I should attempt to go to sleep at an ealier time, or maybe take a multi-vitamin"....it's "I've been feeling tired...maybe this $3 can of energy will fix me up"

While I do agree with the general consensus that we're reliant on a whole lot of shit people back in the day didn't need, you also have to consider that some of the shit they used back then just didn't have the same stigma it has now, but it was the same nonetheless. Shit, they used to have cocaine in coca-cola too. And it's not like they didn't drink coffee back in the day either. Energy drinks are what they are but people have always used artificial stimulants. These ones do kind of taste like shit though.
The CEO
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ May 26 2009, 12:54 PM) *

WTF?

Yep...it's sad but true.

Speaking of which....I never told you...but I got the Metallica Guitar Hero game...it's great....I know you're a huge fan of theirs...so you'd probably go apeshit over it....it's like a greatest hits compilation...plus you can also download all of Death Magnetic as well....
King Eugene
I had a Red Bull once, only because I was up 24 hours once and had to stay up for another 10 hours. Personally I dont think it worked, the only reason I stayed up is cause I was staying busy.

I have had a 5 hour energy drink though. I had just worked a 16 hour shift (I sit on my ass all day behind a computer though) and got off at 4am, drove 1.5 hours to see a chic when I got off, stopped by the store to get some cashews and I knew what I was going over there for so I decided to try something to give me a little more energy cause she was a marathon runner (literally). I think it was more of a mind thing but I had plenty of extra energy but right after I crashed and slept for 6 hours straight before getting back on the road.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 27 2009, 08:31 AM) *
Yep...it's sad but true.

Speaking of which....I never told you...but I got the Metallica Guitar Hero game...it's great....I know you're a huge fan of theirs...so you'd probably go apeshit over it....it's like a greatest hits compilation...plus you can also download all of Death Magnetic as well....

AND...my understanding is that the GH DM downloads sound better than the album release.

I myself never had an issue with DM sound....but there have been a TON of people that swear up and down it sounds terrible.
The CEO
I don't know about how it sounds on CD....but it all sounds GREAT in the game.....get it and be a kid again, BG....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.