Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Campbell getting a title shot already?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=20103

Bradley vs. Campbell being negotiated. I see this one not coming through cause of the complications between King and Campbell. I hope that doesn't prevent the public from seeing a pretty good scrap.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 27 2009, 12:59 AM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=20103

Bradley vs. Campbell being negotiated. I see this one not coming through cause of the complications between King and Campbell. I hope that doesn't prevent the public from seeing a pretty good scrap.

I like this match up..It should be a good fight if it happens..I think their styles would be good together..
lloyd mayflower
Im interested to know how does everyone think the LWW division lies after Pacs KO of Hatton? Obviously Hatton was the top man but has been KO'ed, which would suggest the top man is now Pac, but i cant see him campaigning at this weight due to the lack of big money fights, and Floyd is never coming all the way down 2 140 lbs for a Pac fight.

So what does this campbell-bradley fight mean for the division, and does Hatton still figure as a man you need to beat if he decides to fight on?
D-MARV
Like I have said before... Bradley is the best 140lb right now...

Pacquiao has his arguement
Big Slim Sweet
Pacquiao is the top dog in the division, and there isn't any debate on that. You K the champ TFO, that makes you the champ.

Bradley-Campbell would be an excellent matchup though, and the winner would certainly have a case for being top contender.
Mean Mister Mustard
Pacquiao is the champ at this division but like lloyd said, I can't really envision Pacquiao staying there defending he belt against contenders. At this stage in his career he wants big fights. So I think Bradley versus campbell could go a long way in deciding who will be the king at 140. That being said, it wouldn't totally decide since at this point Hatton and Junior Witter are at #2 and #3 so this bout would not decide who is the champ at 140.
Lil-lightsout
Never really sold on Nate(not saying he is a bad fighter), and I think Bradley would beat Nate in a fun little scrap. I guess Bradley's team are looking for someone with a name. I have no problem with this fight.
D-MARV
This is a great fight and it makes the most sense. Neither guy would ever get a fight with Pacquiao.
JLUVBABY
fun fight to be made... im with lil lightsout on the fact that i am not really sold on nate being an elite fighter but he is good and should make for a good fight if it can be made... as for pac if he doesnt defend at 140 where does he go?... i dont see him fighting 147 full time... 140 is his division and he can make catch weight fights as needed... i think thats his safest bet...
lloyd mayflower
i think it is clear that your cottos, moselys etc and most especially, floyd are goin to look to fihgt pac at 147 or the highest catchweight they can get away with, so that rules pac out the 140 equation. Its unfortunate that pac seems to have his head stuck int the clouds, getting involved in politics etc so i can see him bailing out of boxing as soon as he can, which would be unfortunate. I def want to see Pac v Floyd, i also want to see Pac v JMM as i believe JMM won their last scrap.

Seeing all these fights at 140 would, i believe, be fair on all parties. I think Floyd dragging JMM north of 140 is a complete bitch-out, i also think that if pac agrees to fight jmm again, he will try to stack the odds heavily in his favour by demanding the highest weight possible where pac has competed and juan has not.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ May 27 2009, 06:04 PM) *
i think it is clear that your cottos, moselys etc and most especially, floyd are goin to look to fihgt pac at 147 or the highest catchweight they can get away with, so that rules pac out the 140 equation. Its unfortunate that pac seems to have his head stuck int the clouds, getting involved in politics etc so i can see him bailing out of boxing as soon as he can, which would be unfortunate. I def want to see Pac v Floyd, i also want to see Pac v JMM as i believe JMM won their last scrap.

Seeing all these fights at 140 would, i believe, be fair on all parties. I think Floyd dragging JMM north of 140 is a complete bitch-out, i also think that if pac agrees to fight jmm again, he will try to stack the odds heavily in his favour by demanding the highest weight possible where pac has competed and juan has not.

i'm not sure about that mayflower.... asuming cotto and mosely and lill floyd can make a catch weight i dont think those fights will be a problem being made and i say that because i am sure all those guys think they whip the shit out of pac regardless of what he has done.... you are talking about 3 egos and all 3 egos should be inflated cuzz they are all good... and shall i say good enough for pac to stay away from... he would be hard pressed to beat those 3 fighters at 147 or catch weight... thats just real talk about the subject.. this is not weight drained hoya or ricky hatton here this is the cream of 147... games over in those fights...
King Eugene
Not being an ass or anything but I really created this topic cause I'm kind of tired of hearing about Floyd, Pac, Mosley, and so on.

On that note I think the 140 division has some pretty good fights that could be made. There is Bradley, Peterson, Hatton, Witter, Holt, Torres, and a lot of other names out there. Hell even Zabs moved back down to 140. None of these guys are a big enough draw to fight Pac so he's pretty much out of the equation. No these aren't big money fights but would be huge for the sport. I wouldn't mind seeing Peterson getting a shot at Bradley or hell even Witter as a measuring stick. I think this would be a good time for Hatton and Witter to settle their score as well but Hatton's stubborn ass dont want to give Witter they pay day. I say make him take the short end of the stick and give him a good ol Fashion Hatton type ass whipping! I think the Petersons are overrated so I want to see them step it up against stiffer competition.
D-MARV
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 27 2009, 08:17 PM) *
Not being an ass or anything but I really created this topic cause I'm kind of tired of hearing about Floyd.

You're not going to have a thread with Floyd not mentioned. He's the BIGGEST name in the sport.
King Eugene
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 27 2009, 08:47 PM) *
You're not going to have a thread with Floyd not mentioned. He's the BIGGEST name in the sport.

LOL...I tried!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 27 2009, 08:17 PM) *
I think the Petersons are overrated so I want to see them step it up against stiffer competition.

I do not know if they are overrated yet, but I sure want them to step up there comp too. There are def some good fights that can be made at 140.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 27 2009, 10:14 PM) *
I do not know if they are overrated yet, but I sure want them to step up there comp too. There are def some good fights that can be made at 140.

I'll say they are overrated until they've been tested. Its not like they are blowing guys out of the water. But then again thats not what its all about.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 27 2009, 07:47 PM) *

Or Pacquaio. Or Mosley.
lloyd mayflower
Ok well away from the pacs cottos floyds etc, what about the fight between amir khan and andreas kotelnik for the LWW WBA belt? that hasnt been talked about much. I dont much rate kotelnik and i have stevenski-esque levels of burning hatred for khan, but i cant decide who i want to see win that one, do i want to see khan get past this average opponent in order to see him get fucked up and exposed by the top guys, or do i want to see it happen right away. its a tough one.
King Eugene
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ May 28 2009, 02:10 AM) *
Ok well away from the pacs cottos floyds etc, what about the fight between amir khan and andreas kotelnik for the LWW WBA belt? that hasnt been talked about much. I dont much rate kotelnik and i have stevenski-esque levels of burning hatred for khan, but i cant decide who i want to see win that one, do i want to see khan get past this average opponent in order to see him get fucked up and exposed by the top guys, or do i want to see it happen right away. its a tough one.

I'd like to see Khan win this matchup. For some reason I have a feeling Witter will somehow step into the picture or even Judah. They would see it as a good name to add to Khan's resume but Judah totally fucks him up!
D-MARV
QUOTE (Big Slim @ May 28 2009, 12:26 AM) *
Or Pacquaio. Or Mosley.

No, Mayweather is more talked about then those two as well.
Fitz
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 28 2009, 08:09 PM) *
No, Mayweather is more talked about then those two as well.

I think he means that you chimed in when Floyd's name was mentioned and would throw in "You're not going to have a thread with Floyd not mentioned. He's the BIGGEST name in the sport", yet Mosley and Pacquiao were mentioned before Mayweather was in this thread. I think he was basically trying to shoot you down because he was mentioned no less than Mayweather was in this thread.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 28 2009, 06:54 AM) *
I think he means that you chimed in when Floyd's name was mentioned and would throw in "You're not going to have a thread with Floyd not mentioned. He's the BIGGEST name in the sport", yet Mosley and Pacquiao were mentioned before Mayweather was in this thread. I think he was basically trying to shoot you down because he was mentioned no less than Mayweather was in this thread.

O.K
Big Slim Sweet
Yes. Right now the names Mayweather, Pacquiao, and Mosley are appearing in basically every thread. Can't talk about one without the other two getting mentioned too.

Marquez however sometimes still gets ignored.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 28 2009, 05:54 AM) *

i dont mean to intrude in this convo. but reading this i have to half way intrude on demarv... mosely dont get the talk time from joe blows that mayweather gets tho pacquio is becoming known by every day folks from what i gather working at the plant like i do... right now as far as who people talk about you can argue its a toss up and for sure that is the biggest fight that can be made period... there is nuthin bigger as far as money that can be made and i will say it again THERE IS NOTHING BIGGERT AS FAR AS MONEY THAT CAN BE MADE.... its not the best fight that can be made but it is most def the biggest money fight that can be made... its an interesting fight only because pac keeps winning fights he should lose or at least have harder times in and is making them look easy... conventional wisdom has to say that mayweather is not hatton and is not a weight drained hoya... this is not the best fight that can be made in boxing only the one fight right now that will draw the non public in.... that alone makes it intriguing and very good for boxing to say we dont have a heavyweight that dominates the masses, again, even if its not the best fight that can be made... personally i dont even think that fight is close in floyds favor... i would for sure buy it tho...
when its made i hope the under card is solid...
D-MARV
QUOTE (Big Slim @ May 28 2009, 10:54 AM) *
Yes. Right now the names Mayweather, Pacquiao, and Mosley are appearing in basically every thread. Can't talk about one without the other two getting mentioned too.

Marquez however sometimes still gets ignored.

Yes. Marquez does get ignored. It's a shame cuz he the second best fighter on the planet (P4P) right now.
King Eugene
To change the subject...

I'm a big fan of Victor Ortiz and Juan Manuel Lopez! LOL
Col Reb
I think that Ortiz will beat Bradley or Campbell with another year or two of seasoning. My hopes are that Hatton returns in a easy fight or two, rebuilds some confidence, then takes on Bradley in a very winnable fight.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Col Reb @ May 28 2009, 10:57 PM) *
I think that Ortiz will beat Bradley or Campbell with another year or two of seasoning. My hopes are that Hatton returns in a easy fight or two, rebuilds some confidence, then takes on Bradley in a very winnable fight.

If Hatton "boxes" like Floyd has been showing him, he could still be competitive at 140.
Fitz
Easier said than done, you could say the same thing about anyone. Anybody can give them the right instructions on what to do, but some fighters just don't have the tools to implement the instructions.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 27 2009, 09:27 AM) *
Like I have said before... Bradley is the best 140lb right now...

Pacquiao has his arguement

Bradley kinda disappointed me in the Holt fight even though he won..He didn't look nearly as slick as I have seen before..I do like him though..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 27 2009, 07:17 PM) *
Not being an ass or anything but I really created this topic cause I'm kind of tired of hearing about Floyd, Pac, Mosley, and so on.

Why do you think I created so many classic match ups lately??I'm sick of that shit too and thats all everyone is talkin about on here..It was getting boring..Lets talk about the super middleweight or cruiserweight division!!In my opinion those 2 weight classes have the most potential to come up and take over the fans..How can ya argue it too??We continually get great exciting fights from those weight classes..Only if the general fans would get a glimpse of those divisions they'd see how entertaining boxing can be and may make then hardcore fans like us..Super middleweight has started getting serious attention now and HBO and Showtime need to get the cruiserweights in the spot light..Casual fans may not of hear of some of the cruiserweights,but they will watch them again if they give them a chance just once..

I was sayin all this shit last year about the super middleweight and cruiserweight division..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.