Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody played the new Punch Out?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
BGv2.0
My cuz brought this over to the house last night, and I beat up Glass Joe! lol

BUT...it took me 3 rounds! lol

After that I gave it to him and he showed me the rest of the game....at least up to Sandman, which is where he is at the moment.

I gotta say, they did an excellent job of simply updating the old Punch Out....all of the signature moves of the guys are there and although I'm well past "rusty"...the control pretty well felt the same too.

It's a shame that other systems will not see this game. Also would have been nice to have the BIAS punk ass Mario as ref once again.

And some of the stuff these guys yell now is funny as hell....Bald Bull screams "Allah Achmod" and Sandman asks you if "you want some mo"?

And the Great Tiger is pretty F'N cool on here too.

It would have been nice for them to have put some of the guys from Super Punch Out on there, like Hi Qarlo, the old man with the stick.....or Narcis Prince.

But overall it is very cool!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 27 2009, 05:48 PM) *
Yeah, I would have loved to have played this game, Punch Out was one of my all time favourite games.

Shit,me too!!!I can still remember the way the guys would dance around and throw punches at you..I remember there was a tall skinny white guy,a big black dude who reminded me of Tyson,and the big fat guy with the crown..That game was so bad ass!!I wish they'd make a version for Xbox 360 too..It'd be awesome to play that game again..That game was amazing..
Fitz
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 28 2009, 06:44 PM) *
a big black dude who reminded me of Tyson

You mean this guy?

Yeah, he reminded me of Tyson as well.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 28 2009, 03:56 AM) *
You mean this guy?

Yeah,that's the guy..It's pretty obvious it has to be him I think..He even has the line in his hair like Tyson had..

I really wish I could play this game again..I don't have a Wii and don't know of many people who have one..I can still visualize the way they'd throw their punches..
Fitz
I was being sarcastic Jonny, I thought you were talking about Mr Sandman. That guy is Mike Tyson, it was his game, lol.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 28 2009, 06:48 AM) *
I was being sarcastic Jonny, I thought you were talking about Mr Sandman. That guy is Mike Tyson, it was his game, lol.

LMFAO!!!!
BGv2.0
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 28 2009, 04:33 AM) *
I can still visualize the way they'd throw their punches..

Then this version would really blow you away...because they really managed to capture the old styles but with updated graphics.

Maybe look on Youtube...I'm sure somebody has put something out there by now.

Just to scope it out.

D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 28 2009, 06:48 AM) *

I'am 24 years of age and I have never laughed so hard in my entire life.

Thanks Jonny & Fitz!
JonnyBlaze
Well there is a dude in punch out that reminds me of Tyson either way..hahahaha..

I guess it has been too long to really remember clearly..I wasn't into boxing back then but played punch out..Good one though Fitz..
King Eugene
ROFLMAO...now that shit was funny as hell. Everybody knows it was Mike Tyson Punchout. That was the first boxing game I ever played. I still remember that damn music that played while you where fighting and when somebody went down the crowd would erupt. LOL The good ol days.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 30 2009, 02:13 AM) *
ROFLMAO...now that shit was funny as hell. Everybody knows it was Mike Tyson Punchout. That was the first boxing game I ever played. I still remember that damn music that played while you where fighting and when somebody went down the crowd would erupt. LOL The good ol days.

Punch-Out!! featuring Mr. Dream

Towards the end of the NES's run, Nintendo's license to use Mike Tyson as a special Punch-Out!! character expired. Therefore, Nintendo replaced Tyson with a fictional character based on a then-Nintendo tournament champion, Mr. Dream. A popular myth is that Tyson was removed due to his divorce from actress Robin Givens , and his conviction for rape, which did not occur until a year after the changeover. It is also believed by some that because Tyson lost the Heavyweight Championship to James "Buster" Douglas by the contract expiration, Nintendo made no attempt to negotiate a new one with him. In August, 1990, the game was re-released simply as Punch-Out!! (or Punch-Out!! featuring Mr. Dream according to Nintendo Power) only in North America. This version has become the "official" incarnation of the NES Punch-Out!!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 28 2009, 04:56 AM) *
You mean this guy?

This is the funniest thing I ever read on fighthype!!! Your sarcasm was so apparent. Good stuff.

Then Jonny's response was great too to top it off.
JonnyBlaze
Ya know what,I just went and looked all that shit up and I was thinking about Super Punch out..I'm not sure I even played the first one..When they re-released the punch out for NES I was only 6 years old..When it first came out in 1987,I was only 3 years old..hahaha..

I looked at the super punch out pics and lots of memories came back like that clown dude,Nick Bruiser,and the big fat guy with the crown on his head..
Fitz
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 31 2009, 06:15 PM) *
Ya know what,I just went and looked all that shit up and I was thinking about Super Punch out..I'm not sure I even played the first one.

Are you sure?

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 28 2009, 06:44 PM) *
Shit,me too!!!I can still remember the way the guys would dance around and throw punches at you..I remember there was a tall skinny white guy,a big black dude who reminded me of Tyson,and the big fat guy with the crown..That game was so bad ass!!I wish they'd make a version for Xbox 360 too..It'd be awesome to play that game again..That game was amazing..

This guy I don't believe was in Super Punchout, so you obviously played the first one as well. No need to be embarrassed about it, you didn't play video games much as a kid. No big deal.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 31 2009, 04:36 AM) *
Are you sure?

This guy I don't believe was in Super Punchout, so you obviously played the first one as well. No need to be embarrassed about it, you didn't play video games much as a kid. No big deal.

Dude,I played a lot of video games as a kid..I remember clearly Zelda,Final Fantasy,Mario,Ninja Turtles,Ghostbusters,and games like those..Shit,I think it's funny that I didn't know it was a Tyson game..I wasn't into boxing but the game was dope..

Just watched a NES version of punchout and I did play it..I remember the music,sound effects,and the sound the ref makes..It makes me wish I didn't beat on my regular Nintendo so much otherwise I might be able to play that game again if I bought it..I had so many different games who knows which ones I have still..
JD
I still remember the code to fight Tyson. LOL...

007 373 5963
Snoop
QUOTE (JD @ May 31 2009, 02:30 PM) *
I still remember the code to fight Tyson. LOL...

007 373 5963

What about the Double Dragon code? "Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, A, B" was it?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (snoopnick @ May 31 2009, 11:30 AM) *
What about the Double Dragon code? "Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, A, B" was it?

Double Dragon was a sweet game!!
Warlord
QUOTE (snoopnick @ May 31 2009, 11:30 AM) *

That was the Konami code. It's Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.
King Eugene
Thats what I thought, I remember reading some of his post in the archive section.
JonnyBlaze
I actually did some talking with Warlord before he left..He was a pretty cool guy but then had a break down on here and got suspended..
Warlord
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 1 2009, 09:26 PM) *
Wasn't Warlord the old poster that posted here that was pretty cool? Was it spelt the same way as this guy? Or am I imagining things, cause the post count is now on one and looks like a new member.

I am Warlord, Majere, whatever you want to call me. My account was suspended, and the post-count reset to zero. Pretty gay, but whatever, I'm not looking to start that shit up again. I just wanted to stop by and see how you guys were doing.

Later,
-Warlord
Warlord
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 2 2009, 12:53 AM) *
That's cool. I thought it was a newbie that just happened to have the same name as you. Keep posting, you were one of the good ones.

Thanks bro, I appreciate that.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 2 2009, 12:53 AM) *
That's cool. I thought it was a newbie that just happened to have the same name as you. Keep posting, you were one of the good ones.

Who where some of the bad ones?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 2 2009, 12:05 AM) *
Thanks bro, I appreciate that.

I definitely hope to see ya postin often again Warlord..Glad ya came back.
BigG
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 2 2009, 05:51 AM) *
I am Warlord, Majere, whatever you want to call me. My account was suspended, and the post-count reset to zero. Pretty gay, but whatever, I'm not looking to start that shit up again. I just wanted to stop by and see how you guys were doing.

Later,
-Warlord

Hey dude welcome back...Get back into Boxing/MMA discussions
BGv2.0
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jun 2 2009, 01:08 AM) *
Who where some of the bad ones?

Mike Ravens

Dickagon

And the most useless ever......Avon "Lady" barksdale.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.