Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cloud was offered spot on Dawson-Johnson II undercard
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
du365
In order to help build to a potential fight with Dawson, Shaw said he offered Cloud's team a deal under which Cloud would fight on HBO's Dawson-Johnson II televised undercard with the guarantee that if Cloud and Dawson, 26, both won, Dawson's next defense would come against Cloud on HBO, which had approved the plan.

Shaw said Cloud's team turned it down, even though Cloud would have made "way more money" under that plan that he will now by fighting for a vacant belt without HBO's backing.

"The networks aren't interested in Cloud and he would be a step down for Chad at this point in his career," Shaw said. "But we were willing to fight him under that deal. Cloud's people turned it down. To me, Cloud's people are mismanaging his career and not doing what is best for him. He may get a title shot, but so what if he's not making any real money? The exposure and money on HBO two times in a row would be way better for him, so in my mind it wasn't a good business decision for Cloud. Chad will go on with his career."
King Eugene
Cloud can crack but he has no stamina. He wings his punches but if he connects and does damange. His chin is yet to be tested though. He is like a LHW version of James Kirkland.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 28 2009, 08:43 PM) *
Cloud can crack but he has no stamina. He wings his punches but if he connects and does damange. His chin is yet to be tested though. He is like a LHW version of James Kirkland.

i havent seen much of cloud but he might make a descent fight for dawson from what i recall... he would make it fun thats for sure...
King Eugene
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 29 2009, 09:35 PM) *
i havent seen much of cloud but he might make a descent fight for dawson from what i recall... he would make it fun thats for sure...

Oh for sure but he'd eventually get stopped. His stamina is suspect but he's one tough cookie. If he caught Chad early it could get real ugly for Chad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.