Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How did this one fly under the radar??
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Method
Ryan Staten Island, NY: Any Info on Jermain Taylors Arrest in Miami?

SportsNation Dan Rafael: (12:12 PM ET ) He got arrested on Memorial Day in Miami Beach for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest and is out on bond. Nothing too serious. Supposedly, had stopped his car on a street with traffic and was told to move along. Got a little heated and got arrested. I am told heavyweight Dominick Guinn, Taylor's buddy, was also arrested with him.

Jermain Taylor draws crowd for fight outside ring
BY JOAN FLEISCHMAN
joanfleischman@yahoo.com

News outside the ring: Cops arrested professional boxer and former middleweight champ Jermain Taylor over the holiday weekend in South Beach. Charges: disorderly conduct and resisting officers.

Happened during Urban Beach Week, at 10:45 p.m. Sunday, in the 1400 block of Collins Avenue Taylor, 30, driving a Rolls-Royce, allegedly stopped the car in the road, blocking traffic. When told to move, he climbed back in the Rolls, drove it another 100 feet, then stopped again. He got out and ''began to yell and dance,'' a police report says. A crowd of about 50 gathered.

Officers tried to arrest Taylor for breach of the peace when he resisted and pushed a uniformed cop in the shoulder, the report says. Police got him to the ground, cuffed him and booked him into Miami-Dade County Jail at 2:23 a.m. Memorial Day. He spent three hours in the pokey before posting a $5,500 bond. Arraignment is set for June 15 before Circuit Judge Yvonne Colodny.

Not the best couple of months for Taylor. He challenged super-middleweight champion Carl Froch in a title fight on April 25, but Froch knocked him out in the final round.

Taylor trained in Miami for that bout.
thehype
I think that should tell you how little people care about the former undisputed middleweight champion. If that were Hopkins, best believe it would have been plastered all over the place.
thehype
On a side note, what the heck is "Urban Beach Week"? Is that kind of like Freaknik used to be?
D-MARV
If that were Mayweather it would have been on Headline news everywhere.
Method
QUOTE (thehype @ May 29 2009, 02:07 PM) *
On a side note, what the heck is "Urban Beach Week"? Is that kind of like Freaknik used to be?

It's basically the name of the weekend when all of us Miami Beach locals hole up in our pads and get house drunk, while the B&T crowd comes through to get their fingers stinky with the stank B&T ass that comes through. It's Memorial Day Weekend, but, they throw on a hip hop concert to exploit the transient contingent, and try and give it a more official name.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Method @ May 29 2009, 01:33 PM) *
It's basically the name of the weekend when all of us Miami Beach locals hole up in our pads and get house drunk, while the B&T crowd comes through to get their fingers stinky with the stank B&T ass that comes through. It's Memorial Day Weekend, but, they throw on a hip hop concert to exploit the transient contingent, and try and give it a more official name.

dam..lol.. one of my homies was one of the transient contingient out there...lol
Method
All good, bro. I'm just fkn around.
Nay_Sayer
B&T crowd?!?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (thehype @ May 29 2009, 01:04 PM) *
I think that should tell you how little people care about the former undisputed middleweight champion. If that were Hopkins, best believe it would have been plastered all over the place.

Well what about James Kirkland who has never even been champ and was just a guy climbing up the ranks..
Method
All kidding aside about the Hip Hop Festival Weekend, this ain't a good look for Jermain Taylor.
King Eugene
I was down there and didn't hear anything about it my damn self. But hell I was intoxicated 85% of the time I was there. To any "Urban" folks whos never been....GO!!!

I seen Ice T and his fine ass wife...Cocoa is fine as hell!
thehype
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 29 2009, 05:54 PM) *
Well what about James Kirkland who has never even been champ and was just a guy climbing up the ranks..

Ummmm...I think that's my point. Jermain who?
JLUVBABY
i think this is a sign that jermain is done.. he has ussually been a pretty straight laced guy... i always thought his people moved him into the limelight too fast.. big fights too damn fast ala david reid, vargas, etc....
JonnysTrainer
Emmanuel you wasn't lying. He just like to go fishing and play video games, apparently like to cause some ruckus. Back in my day, boxing made people better guys, but his heart just not in it. Just remember, "you don't take boxing to the kid, boxing finds him". Right Big J?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (thehype @ May 29 2009, 07:14 PM) *
Ummmm...I think that's my point. Jermain who?

hahaha..I see what you're saying but I think Jermain had his fair share of time in the spot light..It may not of been an extended period of time though..Taylor did have some really big named fights though..To be in the spot light at all is a major thing for anyone..Jermain has been abandoned like a unwanted baby..hahahaha..No doubt about it..
MarzB
Even though I think Jermain is has 'peaked' career wise I don't see the connection between him getting into a scrap while in Miami and his career. He's still got one decent money fight in him and thats a rematch with Froch cross the pond.

As far as it not coming across hardly any wires, heck I doubt the average sports fan knows who Jermain is little alone the general population.

That said, this is hilarious. If that's the complete story (there are two sides) it's funny how 'good ol polite country boy' (PERCEPTION WISE) Jermain gets involved in this. (sarcasm)It's so "NOT" like what he is on tv,lol.
D-MARV
Give me Taylor over Kessler even at this point!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ May 29 2009, 04:08 PM) *
B&T crowd?!?

Bridge and tunnel?

QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 30 2009, 12:48 PM) *
Give me Taylor over Kessler even at this point!

No way.
Method
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Jun 1 2009, 05:38 PM) *
Bridge and tunnel?

No way.

No fuckin way.
PR316
Heard about it. I live in the Coral Springs area of South Florida so I heard a little something about it and all I can say is that I'm a bit suprised.

JT seems like a chill dude to me who doesn't really get in trouble much if at all.

But it doesn't seem like a big deal anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.