Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random Vargas Pic Thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Method
Method
Method
The phrase heard repeatedly on Tuesday from Fernando Vargas at his Los Angeles press conference was that he is now 'complete.' Vargas and his February 25th opponent, Shane Mosley, got together on Tuesday at Camacho's Cantina in Universal City, California for a press conference to promote their fight on the 25th from the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Vargas reiterated over and over how he is now complete. The reason for this Vargas epiphany was his reconciliation with his mother. Vargas had not been on speaking terms with his mother for seven years, and appeared a new man now that he is back on good terms with her. Fernando even brought his mother up to the podium to celebrate his newfound joy.

This reunion was the overlying theme to Tuesday's press conference. There had been musings that Vargas and his mother feuded, but it was never told why there was feuding. This question was left unanswered, only that everything was peaches and cream now. Vargas took the stage after Shane Mosley, and slowly un-winded the news and told how his news would affect him as a fighter. Vargas stated," I'm complete, I've reconciled with my Mom, and the most dangerous man is a family man." He then elaborated further, "I am complete now, and the most dangerous thing is a Mexican family man and he (Mosley) better be ready to go to war with a Mexican family man."

Earlier in the press conference, Shane Mosley was his usual down to earth classy self, but his cutman Cassius Greene had a little to say about Vargas. If you don't know Greene, he's the guy always wearing the Captain's sailor hat in the corners of many fighters. Greene went on to say that Vargas is tailor made for an athlete like Shane, and that Shane will not have to train at all, only rehearse. This sole fairly harmless comment from Greene brought out the ire from nearly every member of the Vargas team, and this is not your usual size team. Vargas along with his manager Rolando Arejano brought to the podium nearly everyone involved in the Vargas camp, ranging from Vargas' nutritionist to his weight training coach. Vargas even brought up a kid who's a young fighter from Ohio, who probably has 2 pro fights; even he came to the stage and started bashing Mosley. The kid had the nerve to go to the podium and say that he was better than Mosley, and that all Shane had on him was experience. To Shane's credit he laughed off the idiocy.

Vargas added that Greene was a disgrace to the men in Annapolis for wearing the sailor hat. He also got back to Mosley by saying," I will be on Shane from round one. I won't be boxing this fight, I'll be coming with non-stop action," So much for the new and improved defensive slick Vargas that we were supposed to see under new trainer Danny Smith. Vargas also went on to say about Shane, "He doesn't even talk, his cutman has to talk for him."

Method
Method
Method
Method
Lil-lightsout
Pic 1-Eye is messed up.
Pic2- Chubby Vargas
Pic3- Nice sidepick of eye damage.
Pic4-Oscar in his real short trunks hammering Vargas.
Pic5- Mosley looking over Mayweather as he goes crashing down.Oops, meant Vargas.
Pic6-Stupid haircut Vargas had all bloodied up.
Pic7- Enjoying an ice cream sandwich, screw boxing and training. Time to enjoy life.

IMO Vargas could have been so much more. I thought he was awesome coming up, but the Trinidad fight probably ruined him.
Method

The CEO
laugh.gif

Never DID like Vargas...

Let me start mine off with the "I'm betta than you." Gangsta Loc pose...

Then there's the time he got into some bad Chorizo the night before and sprayed his shorts gettin' up from a KD....

Throwing out the first pitch at a Dizzy Dean tournament....

King Eugene
Damn his eye is fucked up! You cant even put shades on it to cover that shit up! How embarrassing...especially being an elite professional boxer!
WindyCityP
This thread is awesome! clapping.gif
Fitz
Method
Ahhhhahahahahahaha. If EVER there was an antagonist for Fernando Vargas, its god damn Ricardo Mayorga. You guys should just do a google image search under vargas and look at all the pics of him and Mayorga. so fucking funny. For all of the shit talkin and disrespecting Vargas always did to all of his gracious opponents, Mayorga really brought his brand of machismo and reigned it all over El Feroz...and then he knocked him out.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Method @ May 30 2009, 12:34 PM) *
Ahhhhahahahahahaha. If EVER there was an antagonist for Fernando Vargas, its god damn Ricardo Mayorga. You guys should just do a google image search under vargas and look at all the pics of him and Mayorga. so fucking funny. For all of the shit talkin and disrespecting Vargas always did to all of his gracious opponents, Mayorga really brought his brand of machismo and reigned it all over El Feroz...and then he knocked him out.

I don't remember Mayorga knocking Vargas out... I remember a MD.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.