Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SHANE MOSLEY: I WANT PACQUIAO NOW!!!!!!!
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Sugar Q
WOW!!!! Shane is on a tear lately. Somebody must've told him to speak up. The way I look at it Pacquiao's road to the mega dollars is through Shane, Cotto or Floyd.
King Eugene
Oh lawd...here we go again!
JLUVBABY
shane is laughable to me right now... we could be preppin right now to watch him fight berto tomorrow night.. he would have a fight but he thinks he's bigger than what he actually is and i bet its not till late this year before he has a fight... and its questionable rather or not that fight will be a big one..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 29 2009, 10:04 PM) *
shane is laughable to me right now... we could be preppin right now to watch him fight berto tomorrow night.. he would have a fight but he thinks he's bigger than what he actually is and i bet its not till late this year before he has a fight... and its questionable rather or not that fight will be a big one..

Easy man. I too wish he would have taking a fight about now to stay busy, but the guy has been around a long time and fought a shit load of tough fighters in his career. Heck... I would be so excited if he gets a fight with Pac next, cause Pac's going to sleep if they do fight. I have always been a big fan of Shane, so I would like to see him get as many good paydays as possible. He is going to need them considering how much his ex is going to be getting since there divorce.
King Eugene
My Predictions and then I refuse to talk much more about Pac, Shane, Mayweather, and Cotto

Pac vs. Shane - Shane by stoppage
Pac vs. Cotto - Cotto by stoppage
Pac vs. Mayweather - Mayweather by Decision
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (3King3 @ May 29 2009, 10:44 PM) *
My Predictions and then I refuse to talk much more about Pac, Shane, Mayweather, and Cotto

Pac vs. Shane - Shane by stoppage
Pac vs. Cotto - Cotto by stoppage
Pac vs. Mayweather - Mayweather by Decision

The only thing I disagree with is that I would bet Floyd would stop him too. Floyd is def not a puncher, but his fast accurate shots would eventually wear out Pac and I think PBF stops him late. I really think Floyd would not be satisfied unless he stopped Pac.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 29 2009, 11:10 PM) *
The only thing I disagree with is that I would bet Floyd would stop him too. Floyd is def not a puncher, but his fast accurate shots would eventually wear out Pac and I think PBF stops him late. I really think Floyd would not be satisfied unless he stopped Pac.

I think he would say that during the fight build up but once he got in the ring he'd be comfortable with dominating over 12 rounds. He's always been better safe than sorry.
Keith
pac man is a tremendous fighter. he is #1 p4p... but he is not the best fighter at 147. this much is perfectly clear. my reasoning is simple, if pac was a better fighter then mosley he wouldnt be asking for a catch weight. he fought dlh at 147. why does he need to face shane at 143/144? because he and roach know he would be in for a real long night with a true tough welterweight. pac man against either floyd or mosley would get a beating at 147. think about it. i dont believe pac would be able to hurt either of them. he will win some rounds because he will dance around and land some clean shots but shane has a great chin and floyd is tough to land on. i love watching him fight but he is not top welterweight material.
D-MARV
I tell you what... Pac can beat Shane if he forces Shane to move down to a catchweight. I have to see how the training goes.

Making fighters move down is worse than making them move up IMHO.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 29 2009, 09:33 PM) *
Easy man. I too wish he would have taking a fight about now to stay busy, but the guy has been around a long time and fought a shit load of tough fighters in his career. Heck... I would be so excited if he gets a fight with Pac next, cause Pac's going to sleep if they do fight. I have always been a big fan of Shane, so I would like to see him get as many good paydays as possible. He is going to need them considering how much his ex is going to be getting since there divorce.

my thing is that shane is just not the major draw he thinks he is or actually he should be... and he is talking like he is this major attraction... he's been around and paid his dues but i just dont see him as a major marquee name to the general public... the average joe doesnt know shane mosely.. to me and its my opinion.. is that if shane wants these big fights he needs to position himself to get them and he can do that by winning fights and even picking up belts.. hint the berto fight he turned down... he is not above taking those types of fights... and win or lose i think his people know berto would have brought him through some hell...
Keith
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 29 2009, 11:52 PM) *
my thing is that shane is just not the major draw he thinks he is or actually he should be... and he is talking like he is this major attraction... he's been around and paid his dues but i just dont see him as a major marquee name to the general public... the average joe doesnt know shane mosely.. to me and its my opinion.. is that if shane wants these big fights he needs to position himself to get them and he can do that by winning fights and even picking up belts.. hint the berto fight he turned down... he is not above taking those types of fights... and win or lose i think his people know berto would have brought him through some hell...

i disagree. i will agree that shane is not the attraction that floyd or pac is but who is the next biggest draw at 140-147? the only argument would be cotto and i basically think that outside of msg mosley is the bigger fighter. cotto took a major reputation hit when he submitted to margs(plaster or not) and mosley boosted his rep when he destroyed margs "best chin ever". mosley is the biggest puncher at 147. people will always pay to see a fight when they know their is a great chance it wont go the distance. mosley gives you that.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (keith @ May 29 2009, 11:06 PM) *
i disagree. i will agree that shane is not the attraction that floyd or pac is but who is the next biggest draw at 140-147? the only argument would be cotto and i basically think that outside of msg mosley is the bigger fighter. cotto took a major reputation hit when he submitted to margs(plaster or not) and mosley boosted his rep when he destroyed margs "best chin ever". mosley is the biggest puncher at 147. people will always pay to see a fight when they know their is a great chance it wont go the distance. mosley gives you that.

so what you are saying is that even though he is not the draw of pac or mayweather he is an attraction?... i disagree with that.. he is an attraction to fight fans and MAYBE a very small percentage of the general public but he has never done anything to make himself more visible to the publics eye... he has never been flashy and he doesnt have a country behind him... after pac and mayweather there is no one else is my answer to your responce... as far as being a major attraction...
JLUVBABY
ricky hatton after getting two pieced like he just did would do better numbers than mosely in his next fight... i would put hatton after pac and mayweather...
Sugar Q
I have a feeling Shane talked it over with his team and is conditioning his body for 144 but I don't think Pacquiao is gonna take this fight. Shane by stoppage!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (keith @ May 29 2009, 10:42 PM) *
pac man is a tremendous fighter. he is #1 p4p... but he is not the best fighter at 147. this much is perfectly clear. my reasoning is simple, if pac was a better fighter then mosley he wouldnt be asking for a catch weight. he fought dlh at 147. why does he need to face shane at 143/144? because he and roach know he would be in for a real long night with a true tough welterweight. pac man against either floyd or mosley would get a beating at 147. think about it. i dont believe pac would be able to hurt either of them. he will win some rounds because he will dance around and land some clean shots but shane has a great chin and floyd is tough to land on. i love watching him fight but he is not top welterweight material.

I'll break this down real simple Keith. Pac did in fact force DLH to come down in weight from 154 to 147 which is weight he hadn't fought at in years. Roach made no secret of the fact that they basically cherry picked DLH for that fight at 147. Do you think they would've fought Goldie at 154? Hell no.

I don't think Roach has ever made any secert of the fact that he doesn't consider Manny a 147 pounder but as you well know when Goldie's name is involved the rules change. Why would Roach put in his much smaller man against Mosley a guy who is a BEAST at 147? That doesn't make sense. If Shane wants the fight he has to come to the party a little as well.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ May 29 2009, 11:45 PM) *
I have a feeling Shane talked it over with his team and is conditioning his body for 144 but I don't think Pacquiao is gonna take this fight. Shane by stoppage!

Agreed Sugar. Manny is a guy who should fight at 140 pounds tops!! Anything over is dangerous territory. Unfortunately the mega names are all around that crucial 4-7 pounds bigger and Manny will end up fighting in a weight class where he has no business being.
Keith
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ May 30 2009, 12:50 AM) *
I'll break this down real simple Keith. Pac did in fact force DLH to come down in weight from 154 to 147 which is weight he hadn't fought at in years. Roach made no secret of the fact that they basically cherry picked DLH for that fight at 147. Do you think they would've fought Goldie at 154? Hell no.

I don't think Roach has ever made any secert of the fact that he doesn't consider Manny a 147 pounder but as you well know when Goldie's name is involved the rules change. Why would Roach put in his much smaller man against Mosley a guy who is a BEAST at 147? That doesn't make sense. If Shane wants the fight he has to come to the party a little as well.

my point isnt whether dlh had to come down in weight. its obvious he did. but when pac fought that fight he set a precedent for himself that he was willing to fight at 147. why not now fight at 147? i think it is a garbage demand to meet a a catch weight of 143/44. the title won't be on the line. manny's chance to claim a title in a 6th weight class and and make history goes down the tubes. if he were to beat mosley there is always the "ya but shane was weak from coming down" excuse. the fight would be better at 147. as fight fans we should want to see the fight at 147 if we have to pay 50+ to see the fight. think about it. here we have the 140 champ and the 147 champ and if they fight exactly 0 titles will be on the line. thats lame.
JD
I still remain hopeful that we get Mayweather - Pacquiao and the Cotto - Mosely rematch.

Something tells me that Sugar Shane is going to be fighting Berto next though.
The CEO
Pac would light Mosley up at a catchweight and CAN decision him at Welter....no doubt about it.

You gotta remember...Mosley won't fight someone with top notch speed and Boxing skills the same way he fought Margarito...
Keith
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 30 2009, 09:20 AM) *
Pac would light Mosley up at a catchweight and CAN decision him at Welter....no doubt about it.

You gotta remember...Mosley won't fight someone with top notch speed and Boxing skills the same way he fought Margarito...

you gotta remember...pac isnt fighting hatton. he cant fight mosley the same way he fought hatton. mosley is better in every way then hatton. bigger, stronger, longer reach, faster, much better chin, gets stronger as a fight wears on, etc. name one way in which hatton is better then mosley. if speed was the only thing that mattered in a fight, chavez sr, hagler, foreman, marciano, would of never been great. its not just speed. and mosley isnt exactly slow.
Keith
and when shane connects, forget about it. i would love to see pac take a solid right from shane. i would love to see that! how many people think pac could take a shane power punch? people said margarito had one of the greatest chins in boxing history and mosley was hurting him from the 1st round on. the dude can bang. whop thinks pac has a better chin then margs?
JD

The problem for Mosley right now is that he is sitting idle. If he fights in October or November, thats close to a year on the shelf. For a guy going on 38 who has proven to to struggle when he sits out for a while, that isn't really good - ESPECIALLY if he is going to be fighting at a weight that is lower than he has seen in 10+ years.
The CEO
QUOTE (keith @ May 30 2009, 09:54 AM) *
you gotta remember...pac isnt fighting hatton. he cant fight mosley the same way he fought hatton. mosley is better in every way then hatton. bigger, stronger, longer reach, faster, much better chin, gets stronger as a fight wears on, etc. name one way in which hatton is better then mosley. if speed was the only thing that mattered in a fight, chavez sr, hagler, foreman, marciano, would of never been great. its not just speed. and mosley isnt exactly slow.

are you insinuating I'm picking Pac over Mosley because of how good he looked against a Hatton?....lol

There's a lot more to it, keef....

I personally think you're going with Mosley on how he bulldozed Margarito...which is the absolute wrong way to make predictions.

QUOTE (JD @ May 30 2009, 10:25 AM) *
The problem for Mosley right now is that he is sitting idle. If he fights in October or November, thats close to a year on the shelf. For a guy going on 38 who has proven to to struggle when he sits out for a while, that isn't really good - ESPECIALLY if he is going to be fighting at a weight that is lower than he has seen in 10+ years.

Exactly....going down in weight would be EXTREMELY detrimental for him now....especially against someone like Manny....who can dart in and out and tag an older, drained Mosley all night long....
Lil-lightsout

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

All I got to say to this is let me know how much money you wanna wager on this? You really think Pac would decision Mosley at welterweight, you seriously got to be kidding. I guess you forgot how Mosley looked against Collazo( southpaw with good speed)? Like he would not be effective against Pac,please. You can post your picture of Atlas too after this if it makes you feel better. I really need not go further and explain how this fight would go down.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 30 2009, 10:44 AM) *
Exactly....going down in weight would be EXTREMELY detrimental for him now....especially against someone like Manny....who can dart in and out and tag an older, drained Mosley all night long....

No doubt that could possibly hurt him, but he would not be as stupid as Oscar the WAY he lost the weight and not PUT the weight back on before he steps in the ring.

Also, in your first post you stated Pac can decision him at welterweight. There is no chance that would happen. Shane would stop him without a doubt, and that is common sense talking.
rusty_trombone
Pac should make Shane go all the way down to 140 to fight, Pac doesn't need his old ass. Roach is too smart to let this fight happen at 147. I get a kick out of everyone up in arms about Floyd fighting Marquez, but this guy who is way bigger than floyd is calling out a shrimp also and no one cares. You guys crack me up. But I agree with CEO, I think Pac wins at this point no matter what weight.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 30 2009, 11:13 AM) *
Also, in your first post you stated Pac can decision him at welterweight. There is no chance that would happen. Shane would stop him without a doubt, and that is common sense talking.

Remember, Shane would not be fighting a big slow lumbering jack ass this fight. It's been a long time that Shane has seen a guy with the skill set of Manny. I don't know how you can predict a stoppage without a doubt, that is just stupid and the exact opposite of common sense.
The CEO
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 30 2009, 11:07 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

All I got to say to this is let me know how much money you wanna wager on this? You really think Pac would decision Mosley at welterweight, you seriously got to be kidding. I guess you forgot how Mosley looked against Collazo( southpaw with good speed)? Like he would not be effective against Pac,please. You can post your picture of Atlas too after this if it makes you feel better. I really need not go further and explain how this fight would go down.

L-L...you really have no right to question or laugh at ANYONE's opinions until you start redeeming yourself......because your assessments and evaluations have been borderline retarded for like a year, man....

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ May 30 2009, 11:31 AM) *
Remember, Shane would not be fighting a big slow lumbering jack ass this fight. It's been a long time that Shane has seen a guy with the skill set of Manny. I don't know how you can predict a stoppage without a doubt, that is just stupid and the exact opposite of common sense.

Please. Because Shane has been KO'n bigger guys his whole career. WTF you think is going to happen when he hits Pac??? Pac has never neen hit remotely as hard as Shane would hit him. Shit, just name the amount then if you are so sure too.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 30 2009, 11:56 AM) *
L-L...you really have no right to question or laugh at ANYONE's opinions until you start redeeming yourself......because your assessments and evaluations have been borderline retarded for like a year, man....

Just name your price.
The CEO
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 30 2009, 11:57 AM) *
Just name your price.

No...because I don't wanna take advantage of you....

Get your mind right, bro.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (keith @ May 30 2009, 10:21 AM) *
and when shane connects, forget about it. i would love to see pac take a solid right from shane. i would love to see that! how many people think pac could take a shane power punch? people said margarito had one of the greatest chins in boxing history and mosley was hurting him from the 1st round on. the dude can bang. whop thinks pac has a better chin then margs?

I agree Keith, this catch weight BS is crazy. This is not 2 fighters agreeing on a catch weight this is one fighter thinking he's the exception to the rules and really further screwing up boxing with these catch weight demands. Pac fought Oscar at 147 and this fight should be at 147. Shane will smash Pacquiao if they fight and Freddie knows it that's why I dont see this fight happening.
Keith
i love how those individuals who would pick pac in this matchup refuse to answer my questions. i will say it again? name one advantage hatton has on mosley. size, strength, punching power, speed, conditioning, durability, chin. mosley is better then hatton in all of those categories. how can you not look at the marg fight and say "damn, mosley has some real pop in his punch". how can you say he doesnt? so who exactly has pac beaten that mosley hasnt? marquez? are we now saying that mosley couldnt beat marquez? are we saying mosley couldnt beat hatton? i love pac but mosley beat dlh twice when dlh was a real fighter. all props to pac for his recent victories but its lame to say mosleys victory over margs doesnt matter. then we should be saying pacs ko of hatton doesnt matter. hatton had never beaten anyone special when they were in there prime. he was completely one dimensional. no chin, no game changing power, no skill compered to elite fighters. i admit that pac is a great fighter and he has game changing speed but to make the assumption that he would just dance around shane and land at will and be able to keep mosley off of him is ridiculous. mosley has only been in trouble 1 time in 52 fights. at some point in the fight, pac would have to trade blows with shane and he will not come out on top when that happens.
Fitz
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ May 31 2009, 01:31 AM) *
It's been a long time that Shane has seen a guy with the skill set of Manny.

Wow. You think the Cotto fight was a long time ago?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 30 2009, 12:48 PM) *
Wow. You think the Cotto fight was a long time ago?

I don't think Cotto has the skill set Manny does. I don't care if Margs has bricks in his gloves, if Manny fought the same style of fighter at his weight class he would fuck him up
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (keith @ May 30 2009, 12:47 PM) *
at some point in the fight, pac would have to trade blows with shane and he will not come out on top when that happens.

negative, why does that have to happen? I've seen plenty of guys pick their shots for an entire fight. pac does not have to trade.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 30 2009, 11:56 AM) *
Please. Because Shane has been KO'n bigger guys his whole career. WTF you think is going to happen when he hits Pac??? Pac has never neen hit remotely as hard as Shane would hit him. Shit, just name the amount then if you are so sure too.

You will never learn. Who says he's going to hit Pac that clean? When was the last time Shane fought someone that didn't just stand in front of him and eat it the whole fight? It's not like this fight will happen, Shane just doesn't bring enough $$ to the table for Pac. If I were Manny I would say to Shane, this fights at 140 or you can kiss my ass.
The CEO
Good points, RT....and yes...I doubt this fight comes off too....which is why I'm not goin' out of my way to make extra points myself....

To the new and unproven, keef, and him saying people are refusing to answer your questions....I already did.

and just so you know....I boldly predicted both Mosley over Marg AND Pacquiao over Hatton with absolutely stunning accuracy and confidence....and for that matter....I believe RT came through strong on those predictions as well....

For ME....Hatton has NOTHING to do with this hypothetical matchup at all....why?...because Hatton IS a nothing.

While on the other hand....I think YOU...are confident in Mosley just because of what he did to a Margarito....who he steamrolled because he knew Marg didn't have the skills or speed to make him pay....

That's who you're dealing with, and what's goin on here....

So...again...at a catchweight....Pac would give Mosley respect and score easily on him all night long...and IF it were to be at 147....like I said....Pac would give him his respect again and CAN decision him there too...
Keith
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 30 2009, 02:20 PM) *
Good points, RT....and yes...I doubt this fight comes off too....which is why I'm not goin' out of my way to make extra points myself....

To the new and unproven, keef, and him saying people are refusing to answer your questions....I already did.

and just so you know....I boldly predicted both Mosley over Marg AND Pacquiao over Hatton with absolutely stunning accuracy and confidence....and for that matter....I believe RT came through strong on those predictions as well....

For ME....Hatton has NOTHING to do with this hypothetical matchup at all....why?...because Hatton IS a nothing.

While on the other hand....I think YOU...are confident in Mosley just because of what he did to a Margarito....who he steamrolled because he knew Marg didn't have the skills or speed to make him pay....

That's who you're dealing with, and what's goin on here....

So...again...at a catchweight....Pac would give Mosley respect and score easily on him all night long...and IF it were to be at 147....like I said....Pac would give him his respect again and CAN decision him there too...

your right. you are smarter then me because you have made 5000 posts. case closed. thats the sort of narrow minded logic thats also allows you to predict a fight better then me. so where does manny stop. he can stop shane at a catchweight, decision him easily at 147... why not move up to 154. is there anyone there who is as quick as manny? i dont see anyone so i guess he could beat everyone there too. how about 160? anyone there as fast? nope. wow! manny will one day be the middleweight champ. where does it stop then 5000 post man? maybe we should have a discussion about what weight can manny no longer win at. the way i hear it, speed is the only thing that matters in a fight so manny will one day be the heavyweight champ.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ May 30 2009, 01:09 PM) *
You will never learn. Who says he's going to hit Pac that clean? When was the last time Shane fought someone that didn't just stand in front of him and eat it the whole fight? It's not like this fight will happen, Shane just doesn't bring enough $$ to the table for Pac. If I were Manny I would say to Shane, this fights at 140 or you can kiss my ass.

Did you watch Pac's two fights with JMM??? He got hit up alot, he is definately no defensive wizard. Yeah, you are right, Mosley would never be able to hit him,LOL. Shane is faster and hits way harder than JMM,right? Did you watch Mosley's fight with Collazo? He dealt with him fairly easily. Mosley fought a shit load of good 147-154 pounders in me thinking he would stop Pac, not just the AM fight. But I do agree with you I doubt the fight happens anyway. I have no problem with Pac staying at 140 either, unless he really wants to challenge himself at 147 and get a bigger payday.
Douchebag
I got to disagree with CEO and Rusty on this one, though respectfully. LOL I think at 147 Shane is just too much for the Pacmonster. Shane has an incredible chin, never tires and can can do the things that Hatton wanted to do a gazillion times better. Shane is extra hungry right now and with Nazim Richardson in the corner I see him TKOing Pac at 147 and at catchweight he decisions Pac. The only reason I call a decision at a catchweight is because of Pac's heart.
The CEO
QUOTE (keith @ May 30 2009, 03:50 PM) *
your right. you are smarter then me because you have made 5000 posts. case closed. thats the sort of narrow minded logic thats also allows you to predict a fight better then me. so where does manny stop. he can stop shane at a catchweight, decision him easily at 147... why not move up to 154. is there anyone there who is as quick as manny? i dont see anyone so i guess he could beat everyone there too. how about 160? anyone there as fast? nope. wow! manny will one day be the middleweight champ. where does it stop then 5000 post man? maybe we should have a discussion about what weight can manny no longer win at. the way i hear it, speed is the only thing that matters in a fight so manny will one day be the heavyweight champ.

No...I'm not smarter than you because of our literal post count difference.......I'm smarter than you because I've been around and have proven myself time after time after time after time....I have a body of work....and you have nothing so far....here.

Plus...and I have to say this for your own good........you post like a mentally challenged female...the rambling paragraphs and extra question asking....obsessed with some speed angle (that I didn't even harp on) and Pacquiao's demise....

I also don't think you realize where you're at.....this is the motherfucking FightHype board, kid....we are The Quality in "Quality over quantity." when it comes to Boxing forums...some of our members have gotten their respect in 100 posts....so all I'm sayin' is...

Prove yourself before you go around downing some of our opinions...because I won't be the only one who shits on you like it ain't no thing....

Douchebag
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 30 2009, 06:00 PM) *
No...I'm not smarter than you because of our literal post count difference.......I'm smarter than you because I've been around and have proven myself time after time after time after time....I have a body of work....and you have nothing so far....here.

Plus...and I have to say this for your own good........you post like a mentally challenged female...the rambling paragraphs and extra question asking....obsessed with some speed angle (that I didn't even harp on) and Pacquiao's demise....

I also don't think you realize where you're at.....this is the motherfucking FightHype board, kid....we are The Quality in "Quality over quantity." when it comes to Boxing forums...some of our members have gotten their respect in 100 posts....so all I'm sayin' is...

Prove yourself before you go around downing some of our opinions...because I won't be the only one who shits on you like it ain't no thing....

This reminds me of how fights would start in recess.................It's all fun and games until you start talking about post counts. LOL
The CEO
QUOTE (The Conscience @ May 30 2009, 06:06 PM) *
This reminds me of how fights would start in recess.................It's all fun and games until you start talking about post counts. LOL

lol...on par with mommas.....I have to be honest...it's been a long time since I had an E-Fight here....so I've kinda been lookin' for one lately....
thehype
I got Mosley by stoppage over Pac!
The CEO
QUOTE (thehype @ May 30 2009, 06:22 PM) *

That ain't right, Hype....you just gave the n00b some fuel...lol
thehype
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 30 2009, 06:31 PM) *

LOL.

laugh.gif

My bad.

I do think Mosley will be a tougher fight for Pac than Cotto though...Cotto doesn't have the same type of chin as Mosley, nor does he punch as hard. I think Mosley walks through anything that Pac hits him with and has a smile on his face while he's doing it. If what I hear about Shane is true, making 143 or 144 won't be as difficult as Roach may think. Now that Shane has called his bluff and said he's willing to fight him at a catchweight, it'll be interesting to see if they're anxious to still make that fight or if they'll indeed go the route of Cotto (come on Clottey).
Keith
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ May 30 2009, 06:31 PM) *

its opbvious we disagree. i thought the purpose of a discussion board was to discuss. in order to discuss you should be able to answer questions. i think it is very narrow minded to believe that mosley would never catch up to pac. i think it would be fair to say that shane has above average speed for 147. its not as if he is slow. he is certainly a lot faster then decrepid hoya and hatton. pac is no defensive wizard, he is an aggressive fighter and he wins by moving in and out and fighting. in order for you to change my mind about the outcome of this hypothtical then you should be able to answer some easy questions. its obvious you think pac would win, so who could beat pac? cotto? mayweather? is pac just better then everybody at 147? then why not fight at 147. why stop there. move on to 154 and then 160. pac could be a 8 division champ then. i beleive pac is the best p4p fighter in the world. its obvious, but against what fighter at what weight would you feel he wouldnt be able to win?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (thehype @ May 30 2009, 06:22 PM) *

clapping.gif

Well we agree on something, lol.
The CEO
QUOTE (thehype @ May 30 2009, 06:58 PM) *
LOL.

laugh.gif

My bad.

I do think Mosley will be a tougher fight for Pac than Cotto though...Cotto doesn't have the same type of chin as Mosley, nor does he punch as hard. I think Mosley walks through anything that Pac hits him with and has a smile on his face while he's doing it. If what I hear about Shane is true, making 143 or 144 won't be as difficult as Roach may think. Now that Shane has called his bluff and said he's willing to fight him at a catchweight, it'll be interesting to see if they're anxious to still make that fight or if they'll indeed go the route of Cotto (come on Clottey).

Well I know you got the inside track....but I think Pac wins at the catch, and it becomes a pick 'em at 147....that's why I said, "CAN beat Mosley" in my posts...

It's my belief that Mosley cashed in his "last, great performance" against Marg and will have a hard time with an agile, darting boxer at this point in his career...

I can't speak on Cotto-Pac yet because I wanna see Cotto against Clottey first...that will tell me where his mind's at...if Cotto-Marg hadn't happened yet...I'd pick Cotto over Pac without hesitation...

See how we be talkin', keef?...note the respect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.