Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vernon Forrest Stripped
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?...name=rafael_dan

He's not a big enough draw to get the fights he wants.
Lil-lightsout
Never a big Forrest fan, but he had some major skills in there. He seems like he could have had a better career, but I guess he has been injury plagued alot.
JaRaNDa
That's no good! Vernon has not had the greatest luck in his career which is a real shame, because I too think he had some serious skills that never quite reached his potential due to injuries! I noticed alot of people have mixed feelings or no feelings towards Vernon but he has always been one of my favourites boxers to watch. A boxer/puncher who actually uses his hight/reach well, who has an underated jab and power!
Hope he can make a bit more noise at the tail end of his career...just keep him away from Williams lol!
D-MARV
Vernon wanted no parts of Williams. It's a shame too.
King Eugene
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 29 2009, 11:41 PM) *
Vernon wanted no parts of Williams. It's a shame too.

Dont too many people want any part of Williams and some aren't ashamed to say it either but I want call no names........ lol
JLUVBABY
i thought he lost that fight to ike quartey...
D-MARV
That "Other" Light Middle champ will fight Paul. Sergui will step up so I'm a fan of his already. Williams needs to stay active.
King Eugene
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ May 29 2009, 11:47 PM) *
That "Other" Light Middle champ will fight Paul. Sergui will step up so I'm a fan of his already. Williams needs to stay active.

Its not like he dont want too.
JaRaNDa
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 30 2009, 04:43 AM) *

I still have not seen the fight but have heard that Forrest did not have his best night!
I've always thought Forrest edge Mayorga clearly in the rematch as I've scored the fight the exact same way single everytime!!
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 29 2009, 10:43 PM) *

No question. Ike got robbed...
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 29 2009, 10:39 PM) *
Never a big Forrest fan, but he had some major skills in there. He seems like he could have had a better career, but I guess he has been injury plagued alot.

yeah, i think that, and i think he lost a lot of motivation for boxing once he beat shane.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.